FM2014 Pre-Release Beta *UPDATE* Feedback thread

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure if this is a bug or whether this how the individual player instructions is meant to work so I thought I'd post here first.

First I notice that in the 14.0.3 update, on the player instruction screen the tactic switch drop down now works properly. So thank you for that.

However I am still unable to set different roles the same player on a tactic by tactic basis. For example I have set up a 3-1-2-3-1 formation, and for the DM position I have given Michael Carrick personal instructions to play as a Regista and for when Marouane Fellani plays there, he is to be a defensive midfielder. But for the more moderate 3-1-4-1-1 formation when I want Carrick to play there I want him to be a half-back, and Fellani to be an anchor man. Yet I can't change the role for this tactic without it changing the roles set for the other tactic.

Like I said, not sure whether this is a bug, or whether this is just the nature of individual player instructions part of the game.

Unfortunately it isn't a bug, but it is something SI is watching our feedback on.

I have started a new game and still can't offer non-contract terms only part time or full time with the players asking for lots of money than I can afford.

Fatman - which player did you manage to get on a non-contract when you restarted your game? Ive tried a few on free transfer and not got the option and also asked for existing non contract on the transfer search and still no option for non contract when trying to sign the player.

There is also an option for youth contract as well as full and part time on my games

SI can you advise if non contracts have been taken out the game, or why so many players won't sign on them unlike FM13 Is this a bug??

Jeff whitely and Curtis bernard

Im playing with 2 inside forwards (one support, one attack) and they go far more to the line than they cut inside ( im not using the instruction that tells them to run wide). Also using one lone striker, im not seeing any kind of movement from him, he just sits between the central defenders, almost never touching the ball but by crosses or fast breaks. While he is setting up a lot of through balls, specially to the inside forwards, no one is doing the same to him. I tried with complete forward, poacher, advance forward, trequartista, and deep lying forward. While his involvement in the game varies a little, his off ball moving is quite dissatisfying. Im using Barca, so my striker is Messi. Dont get me wrong, he is scoring a lot, but yet i think it could be even better giving the instructions and the poor movement i tend to see.

This has nothing to do with football simulation. Matches look like arcade. I think I understand why so many CCC are missed. Its simply because if finishing was like in real life, we would have basketball results. This engine is so far worse than last year and that is quite an achievement.

I would say it is the same like in 13.3 but with some small tweaks..

I just hope I am not going to hear that again from PaulC: Moving forward I think we can improve things a fair bit more for 14.3 etc but I also want to start work on the FM2015 ME in good time to apply the polish that will truly see it show its full potential.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me..

This thread is for constructive feedback only. If you see issues, post the PKMs as requested before.

I think Iam constructive, Iam criticizing the game´s poor depiction of football, its a football game after all. I would like to hear from SI if they acknowldege that there are issues with finishing because its quite possible they are happy with it.

I think Iam constructive, Iam criticizing the game´s poor depiction of football, its a football game after all. I would like to hear from SI if they acknowldege that there are issues with finishing because its quite possible they are happy with it.

As I said, if you believe there is an issue, post the PKM. SI are already looking at a number of things to fix, in fact I am sure I have asked you to post evidence before.

Some positives since there seems to be quite a lot of negativity going on in this thread.

-Nice when watching highlights that dead ball situations are now faster, no more hanging around watching a player go fetch the ball.

-I would always curse when I got a throw in my own half as I would almost always give it away, only played a few games but this does seem to have improved, or am I just getting lucky?

-No 10 second lag when attending a backroom meeting.

-So far I am not having any huge scoring games, again only played a handful of games but they are a lot more lifelike at the moment.

There is a red message in the text, far right, could be the reason but as not in English I cant be sure.....

The red text says that it is a limit of 4 long term loans pr season. But I am trying to loan a player for 3 months.

Getting really worried reading this thread. As I only really play FM on weekends I am now half expecting problems with a crash dump with this latest update. I know the last update wasn't perfect but I was still enjoying the game but what I have read here this latest update seems like a major step back.

got an issue that i'm not sure if its a bug or i'm just being impatient :).... playing as Coventry and I've just been taken over near the end of august 2013. The new owner has put money into the club and i have a transfer budget of £2.5million and a wage budget of £70,000 a week (these display in the adjust budgets screen) but i cant adjust the sliders or offer new contracts of over £90 and in the information screen it still says in administration (the wage budget screen says the values cant be adjusted as still in takeover talks)

the takeover message in my news feed was 3 days ago so does it take while to go through or is it a bug?

Centre backs actually defend now, but my full backs seem to be useless. They close down but don't actually tackle. 12 out of the last 14 goals against me have been assisted from either flank. The oppositions wingers just glide past my full backs, whip a cross in and goal.

Started a new game as Whitehawk in the Skrill South as I like the name. Anyway, match looks great, not a huge difference from before, but there wasn't a lot wrong with it to start with. The defending seems better, and in the one match I've played so far, there was no-one running unchallenged from the halfway line, which was my major gripe with it before.

My first game was a pre-season friendly against Marseille reserves to try and raise some cash. Team played ok, but we eventually lost 3-1. No real disgrace, but my AM recommended my team talk to be saying that not winning these matches is unacceptable, and I need to make that 'crystal clear'. Either my AM's on acid, or there are still a few bugs festering in the background.

Centre backs actually defend now, but my full backs seem to be useless. They close down but don't actually tackle. 12 out of the last 14 goals against me have been assisted from either flank. The oppositions wingers just glide past my full backs, whip a cross in and goal.

You won't see the tackles they make on wingers unless you watch the full game, as those incidents won't be in the highlights, for obvious reasons.

Board expectation was reach play-offs

12th October I'm in 8th - 1 point away from the play-offs and apparently I'm "under fire" (after winning last 3)

Board expectations are impacting way too early in the season which is why we are seeing managers sacked after 5 months IMO

CDs condition is a killer too - how many lower league clubs have 5 or 6 centre backs that can play in the first team?

It drops too much in games and they are just not recovering enough between games - training level is light or very light - ridiculous

You won't see the tackles they make on wingers unless you watch the full game, as those incidents won't be in the highlights, for obvious reasons.

Yeah true, I've actually just checked my defenders stats and one fullback has an average of 14.78 tackles per game from 3 appearances, which seems a bit high. Now I don't know what to believe.

Can you try deleting your cache please? How to do it can be found here http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217 Also could you head over to the ME forum http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/347-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks and upload your matches for us please?

Deleting the cache fixed the pink ref kit which they're probably quite pleased with. Should be able to upload the match later; I'll make a new thread when I do so you guys can investigate.

I liked the ME now... Had one wobble area...

Opposition punted it, my full back thought it'd be funny to run past the free ball and stand on the half way line to allow the winger to get the ball and do what he liked with it.

Normally I'd be ranting and raving but we scored from the counter-attack, but clearly there's still a positioning issue with the match engine.

Otherwise it played rather smoothly. But I'm getting a crap-ton of interface errors, text going where it shouldn't be and so on.

Right there is definitely something wrong with the zoom on the close cam.

I thought it was just me when it happened once earlier but I have just played a match where the zoom function messed up 3 times.

It basically takes the camera to fully zoomed out and you can not fix it, after a spell you can see it fixed itself, after that it works as normal but then twice again it happened.

Something that should be looked at as it is quite annoying.

I have seen alot of moments where keepers rush of there line or stand in the middle of the area for no reason, leads to loads of lang range goals

Please try and long some of these instances in the Bugs Forum.

600 fixes were made between the original Beta and this one. It is noticeably better now directly as a result of the bugs people have been logged.

The more we collectively log, the better the game becomes.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/341-Football-Manager-2014-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

Centre back on very light training because of poor condition and unable to play 3 games in a row - unhappy at low level of training

Just what are you supposed to do with 3 senior central defenders? Play a 16 year old every 2nd game?

First managerial casualty in the Premier - Pochetttino sacked with Southampton bottom 13th Nov

Pardew sacked a day later with Toon in 17th

Fair enough :thup:

Poyet only other insecure manager with Sunderland in 18th

Pellegrini still stable with City in 9th - massive improvement since pre-update (if it has been a fix) :applause:

Seeming like a good update, now have non-contract working and I'm able to hire staff correctly.

The one concern I have is at the start of the season with Boston United, all but one player when I attempt to offer them a contract I get the message "I'm not interested in renewing my contract with your club, so for these discussions to get anywhere you are going to need to make an amazing offer". With the reason as "I don't believe Boston United's squad is strong enough to play at a level matching my ambition."

Which I find quite weird concerning at the start of the season I told the squad that I expected a top half finish and got a 50/50 split in moral.

Archived