Tallest player you have seen in game....?

Whats the tallest player you have seen in game, regen or real.

I just did a search on my current save and the tallest players are 6'9'' surly there must be some out there pushing for 7 foot?

if I found a young player player 7'' or taller I' sign him up, develop him as a striker and just stick him upfront as a target man

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Pacy 6" 8 striker like a ronaldinho/crouch/defoe mish mash

Gives new meaning to the phrase "he scares the hell put of defenders"

Give him the nickname "the patchwork poacher"

Sounds like a bad horror film.

On a dark stormy night scientists work through the night to create a superstriker the world had never seen before. Taking DNA from ronaldinho, defoe and crouch. The aimed to create a tall, pacey skillful striker. Something went wrong and they created 2 strikers one was everything they hoped for. The other was slow, lazy and not very skillful. They named him Emile Heskey.

As if a CHinese person would be that tall

Yeah as if there would be a tall Chinese sports person.......

Yao Ming https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yao_Ming

On the thread topic, I have seen a few 6'10" GK but never taller than that. Had a 6'9" SC in the french 2nd division who I thought would tear up the leauge since his stats where nice too, but could never get it to work.

On FM12 I had two cbs with a combined height of 14 feet 1 inches. One was 7 ft, and the other was 7 ft 1. I also had a Yaya Touré type midfielder who was around 6'11". I think I bought the only good tall players in the game and they brought a new meaning to the phrase "a danger at set pieces".

I had a Ghanese striker once of 207cm. Was an absolute beast.

In my current game, I had a really fat full back newgen: 177cm tall and 92kg! He surprisingly played for England when he was younger (now 31 in my game)

kind of on topic.

How does the game deal with height? If the two CBs are 6' 8" and the opposing striker is 5' 8" but has better attributes, what wins out?

All that matters is Jumping (plus other attributes that come into play like Bravery, Anticipation, Heading). Height is a cosmetic attribute, although often it is linked to the player's jumping.

Depends the height of the cross and the jumping of the striker but often he will lose out on crosses

Nope. If this were the case we wouldn't see all these tall players have such high jumping (like the crappy goalies in the above screenshots). A big 6+ footer wouldn't be agile enough to jump so high, and small guys would have big leaping attributes because it's easier for them to spring up, but this is not the case. Short guys have low jumping, and tall guys high in game (usually).

• 5 years later...
On 13/10/2018 at 19:26, bangkonggedek said:

A regen Goalkeeper from a Balkan country who was 205 cm tall with a stupid Aerial Reach score like 5 or something. I mean ffs how is that even possible :seagull:

Surely he'd still get the ball first? A 7ft player with aerial reach of 5 should beat a 5ft player with an aerial reach of 12.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Surely he'd still get the ball first? A 7ft player with aerial reach of 5 should beat a 5ft player with an aerial reach of 12.

Don't know about aerial reach, but for jumping reach height is already factored in. So two players with 10 in jumping reach will have the same max height above the ground no matter their own height.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

From what I understand from some of the forum members who are more knowledgeable of how the calculation works in ME is that a player's height does correlate to his possible range of Jumping Reach attribute score, but I don't believe they ever mention that the same applies to Aerial Reach. And if we're talking about reaching the high ball (and maybe how wide they can stretch themselves when attempting for saves) then the relevant attribute will be Aerial Reach, not Jumping. For goalkeepers, they said that Jumping Reach only account to how high they can reach the ball when they're attempting for a header, not in the scenarios of attempting to catch the high ball.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Don't know about aerial reach, but for jumping reach height is already factored in. So two players with 10 in jumping reach will have the same max height above the ground no matter their own height.

I always thought it was how high they could go beyond their height, maybe been viewing it wrong though.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I always thought it was how high they could go beyond their height, maybe been viewing it wrong though.

I think it were @santy001 who posted a guidance for researchers around how Jumping Reach were determined from height + how good the player are at leaping from the ground. Though, there are far more things related to who would win an aerial duel between two players in regards to position, anticipation, decisions, strength etc.

Archived