What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I'm I alone in thinking maybe it's a good idea to expand the attribute value to 25. Just to give that extra bit of definition in how good players are in areas?

I don't know.. it's a small thing I would like seeing. I need to play FM15 a bit more to think about the bigger stuff.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIRST (3D Graphic)

The game look boring when all player have similar haircut (look unrealistic), so, I wish the FM2016 have better 3D graphic on 3D match engine such as player haircut (long hair, ponytail, ronaldinho style, etc.), not only 2D graphic such as regen haircut.

SECOND (Animation)

Agility animation. I would like to see a better realistic animation of a player having agility attribute of 20 such as Lionel Messi.

Also, football skill and trick animation such as nutmeg, etc., like ronaldinho and Lionel Messi.

Apologies. I should perhaps have been more clear with my answer.

Your are indeed correct that it is pretty clear which nation a scout has knowledge of by looking at the box below. However, scouts do tend to lose knowledge of certain countries when they are assigned another task. Additionally, it is safe to assume scouts do NOT lose the scouting knowledge of the countries which they are originally from.

Take the following scenario into consideration.

I have a scout who is Argentinian and has knowledge from a number of regions. However, I do NOT know where he is from when I click add assignment and see his pretty little face beaming up at me. I am able to see the nations this particular scout has knowledge of. I see him losing knowledge of some nations over time. I then decide the best course of action would be to send him scouting to a region where he is originally based. He still has knowledge of some nations like Egypt, Argentina, Italy, Spain, Indonesia. In order to check which Nation he is originally from I have to click on his profile to check. (That is annoying because you have to reselect all the options in the assignment box again). I then decide scouting South America in order to gather knowledge from the area and keep it. This is the most realistic course of action. Especially if you tend to buy scouts who are from many different parts of the world and as a result have different nationalities. Also, something to take into account is the fact that users cannot get rid of all their scouts when they first join a club for a number of reasons. I am sure you know why. However when you have played a number of seasons and scouts start retiring I tend to sign scouts who have different nationalities and send them off scouting to a region from where they are based. In order to do that, I need to check his nationality.

Trust me. It is very useful. But I understand if you don't have similar opinions or maybe I don't know what I am talking about. LOL. It is useful for me. :)

Just as an add-on for this, I hope the scouting screen changes for FM16. There are a lot of clicks to set up assignments, and it gets a bit tedious.

Wouldn't it be the same to just make an offer for De Gea and offering Bale as part of the deal?

Not quite, your way would be to trade Bale for De Gea. My suggestion would be to offer Bale to Man Utd for De Gea + cash. Or basically, a better deal for me.

Dont know if its already been mentioned or is already in the game somehow, but a new gameplay idea like: choose your nations but every single player is random generated, and every staff/officials, So that there is no "real" people in the game at all, even a bit more could do a shake up of teams, put teams in random leagues (in their own nations) and things like this, I know you can change all real players names when your setting up but you can tell still who is who...

Not quite, your way would be to trade Bale for De Gea. My suggestion would be to offer Bale to Man Utd for De Gea + cash. Or basically, a better deal for me.

Yeah, I had it backwards. :D

In a previous version of Football Manager (don't know anymore which one), there was the possibility of asking the board for the creation of a 'C' Team (as a spanish club), if there wasn't one already.

Has this feature been removed ?

I do not recall that ever being an option in FM & as it would mean adding a team to the senior league structure after the game has started I doubt it will ever happen, far too much to go wrong for a feature that would only benefit players who spend 20+ years at the same club & also manage in nation that has a B team system.

As far as I can remember, this feature appeared in Football Manager 2008 or 2009, few time after F.C. Barcelona 'C' folded. Playing as Barcelona, you had the possibility to ask for the re-creation of this team.

With the Barcelona 'B' playing in Liga Adelante, it might be interesting to have another reserve team playing in the Segunda B for the development of the youth.

The problem is they could not start in Segunda B, the Spanish data simulates down to the third division so any new team would have to be created in the pool of 5th tier sides & with a low starting rep the chances of them making it to a playable league would be very slim, I'll merge this over to the wishlist thread as any idea deserves to be considered by those making that sort of decision.

I still think that you're getting FM confused with another management game, never seen that option in the game & I've played every FM since the series started with FM05 & go back to CM3 before that

I'll merge this over to the wishlist thread as any idea deserves to be considered by those making that sort of decision.

Thank you.

I still think that you're getting FM confused with another management game

No way I played another management game... Since CM97/98 :)

When searching for scouts on the staff search screen, it really annoys me that I have to constantly check each individuals profile in order to check the persons scouting knowledge (how many countries does the person in question has knowledge of). I would prefer to be able to check staff's scouting knowledge similarly to the way we can quickly check their attributes quickly. Either by having scouting knowledge included in the box below the attributes or by having scouting knowledge added as an option to include in the various columns settings. The way it could work is by having the name "scouting knowledge" and when we scroll to any icon assigned to the scouting knowledge we get a box appearing similarly to the way the "i" (information) acts. Although, I would prefer the scouting knowledge be added just below the attributes.

For example:

I70Ior8.png

Just wanted to give this a little bump. Since the scouting system has changed so it's dependent on what staff you get first and foremost (And I like it a lot) then you need to give us an option to search for scouts that have a knowledge of a certain country or region. For example if you are lacking in African knowledge, a simple search under 'scouting knowledge' would bring up options of nations or perhaps regions, just as it does when you are telling your scouts to jog on somewhere.

So for example;

Staff Role: Scout

Employed: Yes

Scouting Knowledge: Either North Africa, Algeria

Would be perfect for next game. :thup:

"What is your reaction to Manager X highlighting Player Y as the weak link in your side?"

Player X hasnt played for me for 6 months...

the interactions with the press (an ancient player telling you that you need to keep an eye on their best player gets very tedious) coupled with the "weak link" story make the PR side of the game very poor imo

In relation to scouting, one thing I would like to see implemented would be the ability to scout by local region. This could be particularly useful for clubs in Spain, Italy and Brazil or Sweden, where there are many playable regional leagues and where nationwide scouting would be unrealistic at that level. I know that FM only scouts players within a certain radius of a semi-pro or amateur club, but where the club is near an international border, this means that players from just across the border can't be scouted until the club grows, whereas the club can scout much further away into its own country. Furthermore, the local regions could also be given transfer preferences as nations are at the moment, in order to regulate the flow of players between local regions even better.

Another thing that would be great would be a stadium type consisting of an enclosed park without any stand or terrace for very small clubs where a terrace would be unrealistic.

I think the game needs more visual representation with press conferences. The press conferences are boring. A 3D MOTD team interviewing you after the match would be cool but that's too much I guess.

I completely agree with the assertion that the respected developers should consider working on providing a visual representation of pre match press conferences and post match press conferences.

I would like to see SI providing a new feature in which users are able to customize the appearance of their managers. A character creation model, in which users are able to assign different voices to their managers as well as other features. It would be interesting to actually see a manager angrily leave a press conference or speak aggressively. In regards to the character creation module, I understand that it may be an unrealistic objective but I have complete confidence in your abilities :D. Furthermore, I would like to see more dialogue between the journalist and the manager in which they have a real discussion about tactics, individual players, team performance etc. At the moment a single journalist asks a question and you answer their question through the options provided and then you proceed to the next question. Moreover, I want journalists to be able to showcase their personality traits and as a result be able to be banned from attending future press conferences if he annoys me with his questions.

Also, currently, their is a question posed in the press conferences where apparently the opposing manager has said that a specific player is the weak link in your squad. I want to be able to defend the player and highlight the important role he has to play in the first team squad. This could cause the player to react positively and get pumped up for the game against the opposing team. For example: opposing managers were saying Hernanes is the weak link in my Inter Milan squad. In my opinion he has scored very important goals as well as contribute positively to the team. The only reasonable response to that question is He's entitled to his opinion but I am not commenting on it. Some times when Ai managers single out a player most of the time the player reacts negatively and it impacts his performance and vice versa. I just want to be able to counter such instances by questioning the opposing manager and or highlighting the players recent form. Also, this question should either be removed from the interaction module or it should be toned down a lot more. In real life you hardly hear journalist asking such questions and managers replying to such questions. Perhaps the question could be rewritten to something like: player x is in poor form and has made some sort of errors, will you be looking to exploit that tactically?

Furthermore, I think pundits should be added to the game. It would be interesting to see how the pundits analyse your team shape, style and individual performances. It would provide more information for users and give the people a different perspective.

After winning the league about 15 times in a row, I find it weird that other managers keep saying in the press that they think I'm not deserving of my success and are looking forward to beating me the next time we meet. Considering that in the last 5 years in a row, the same guy has said the exact same thing with the exact result. Namely egg on his face after I beat him. So I suggest having a new media strand when managers become aware of just how big you've become and practically fear you when they meet you. Or better yet, just shut up. Because getting that article just seems weird.

Also. Speaking of The press. If there is a year in year out war of words between you and another manager. Don't keep asking me what I think about the guy.

After winning the league about 15 times in a row, I find it weird that other managers keep saying in the press that they think I'm not deserving of my success and are looking forward to beating me the next time we meet. Considering that in the last 5 years in a row, the same guy has said the exact same thing with the exact result. Namely egg on his face after I beat him. So I suggest having a new media strand when managers become aware of just how big you've become and practically fear you when they meet you. Or better yet, just shut up. Because getting that article just seems weird.

Also. Speaking of The press. If there is a year in year out war of words between you and another manager. Don't keep asking me what I think about the guy.

Yeah that could be improved, and not being asked can a new player win matches at press conferences when you sign a 35+ reserve.

I think I say this every year but I don't think the game needs big fancy new features, just some polishing in key areas. As always keep developing the match engine (2015 is so much better than 14) but these are key areas I think could do with work...

1) Press interaction- this varies from boring to baffling on a pretty regular basis. I started a game recently as Palace and was asked how I was going to turn the club around after a few forgettable seasons- huh? The last two seasons were promotion and an incredible run to save them from relegation, hardly forgettable. More questions, more variety and maybe a bit more relation to the real world would be nice.

2) Player interaction- a bigger selection of answers when players come complaining to you. It feels to me there is often a set way to get through these conversations that usually generate the right result (ie player winding their neck in) but some options are totally useless. I've yet to have a single player agree to proving themselves in cup games or agree to a run in the reserves so I can see how they do so I've just stopped using those options.

3) Transfers- it would be nice if when you've bid for someone and then someone else bids for them the club tried to start a bidding war. Say PSG bid £30m for a player and you are considering selling him it would be nice to speak to other interested clubs to see if they will better that deal. In a similar way if you've had interest in someone and a bid has been accepted from another club it would be good if that club/players agent approached you to say 'this club has had a bid accepted for my player, would you like to match/better that.' Equally it can be really frustrating if you try and sign a free agent, can't agree terms and then see them sign for a smaller club for half the money you were offering. It would be good if in that case the agent again approached you (obviously only if the player is interested in joining you) saying 'he's been offered this, would you be interested in bettering it.'

Just a few ideas!

I hope this does not get lost in this huge thread but I have just bought Out of the Park Baseball and I'm amazed about the brilliance of their fictional leagues whereby you can set up the baseball world in anyway you see fit.

Now I would love to see FM implement this, it's brilliant.

Currently managing the Bolton Iron Camels in the English Major Baseball League in which 200 clubs compete. :D

Well since it's impossible to track back and read all the comments, I just mention it without backtracking:

- Merchandise managment (Like it was in EA's fifa manager, possibility to negotiate with different sponsors, setting prices for tickets and various merchandise stuff)

- Maybe an option to be an Assistant Manager would be fun :)

- As mentioned by KingCanary, a more in-depth press and player communication, press conferences been almost the same for the last 3-4 years. Maybe an option to choose 2-3 players to bring with you to a press conference.

The other thing I meant to mention- make Assistant Manager feedback better.

For example I start a game as Arsenal, keep Bould as my Assistant and have agreed to playing a possession based philosophy with the board. Yet 20 minutes into my first friendly my he, despite being at Arsenal a long time, understanding the set up and knowing the philosophy my board wants, is telling me we should be playing a more direct passing game. It would be good if you could dismiss bits of advice like that or even have meetings with your assistant to explain how you want to play the game and maybe that would tailor his responses/advice given.

It would also be good if you could get more detailed feedback from your AM about match preparation- ie if you have a tactic set up that the team is working on in training it would be good if your AM could report back about what the strengths/weaknesses of the system appear to be in training, which players are struggling in that set up, which instructions suit the players, which don't etc etc...

The other thing I meant to mention- make Assistant Manager feedback better.

For example I start a game as Arsenal, keep Bould as my Assistant and have agreed to playing a possession based philosophy with the board. Yet 20 minutes into my first friendly my he, despite being at Arsenal a long time, understanding the set up and knowing the philosophy my board wants, is telling me we should be playing a more direct passing game. It would be good if you could dismiss bits of advice like that or even have meetings with your assistant to explain how you want to play the game and maybe that would tailor his responses/advice given.

It would also be good if you could get more detailed feedback from your AM about match preparation- ie if you have a tactic set up that the team is working on in training it would be good if your AM could report back about what the strengths/weaknesses of the system appear to be in training, which players are struggling in that set up, which instructions suit the players, which don't etc etc...

On match feed it is possible to select something like "never give advice about this" or something like that. I can't remember the exact words right now.

It is not optimal, but it gives some control about what is displayed.

More feedback from training. This is something we can't get since we can't be at the training grounds and observe if Couthino is looking sharp or if Sakho is looking a bit sluggish and off.

I would like to have the option to get daily, weekly or monthly reports from my coaches regarding their percieved form of the players based on training. From what I gather many managers pick their starting eleven based on training performances, all we can do is pick them on fitness and the last 5 games.

Or at least something along those lines. Not sure exactly how it would work.

I would like to have the manager stats/history to be imported from earlier FM versions. As I have spent hours/days/weeks for playing the earlier version and managed to build some sort of reputation in there, that keeps me playing the earlier version as I don't want to throw them in trash bin when I moved to new version. So it would be really nice to be able to import the manager history etc from earlier FM versions.

More feedback from training. This is something we can't get since we can't be at the training grounds and observe if Couthino is looking sharp or if Sakho is looking a bit sluggish and off.

I would like to have the option to get daily, weekly or monthly reports from my coaches regarding their percieved form of the players based on training. From what I gather many managers pick their starting eleven based on training performances, all we can do is pick them on fitness and the last 5 games.

Or at least something along those lines. Not sure exactly how it would work.

I think this sort of thing would be great. Would be great to know if a striker has looked particularly sharp in training or if someone has not looked with it.

I think this sort of thing would be great. Would be great to know if a striker has looked particularly sharp in training or if someone has not looked with it.

Yes exactly. It would also give a new dimension of relationship with our assistant manager and coaches, making sure we have staff around us who's judgement we actually trust.

Already posted this in its own thread but it didn't gain much traction unfortunately, but:

Fix the loan system. Especially the 2 year loan deals.

Whole system is a joke compared to the transfer system. Loan deals are so easy to exploit in this FM (get a young star on a 2 year loan, then keep extending the loan and hoping his parent club let his contract run down, leading to a free transfer. And if things don't work out, send the player back to his club!)

Three things I'd like to see:

Trophy Presentations

Winning competitions is a bit of an anti-climax. Can't the 3D match engine & commentary be adapted to also show trophy presentations? Not just for cups, but also league championships at the winning game (if it's at home) or the next home game? It's something that I've wanted for a while.

Editing Competition Rules

Currently, in the editor, you can't edit competition rules. You have to set up a brand new competition. This is very difficult and you can miss things, because you can't see the structure of how competitions are organised in Football Manager. Letting us edit existing competitions would be much easier.

Restore the timeline in the match engine

In older versions of the game, there was a timeline at the bottom of the screen during matches which showed when the goals and cards were and you could rewatch these parts before moving back to the live feed. It was very useful, please bring it back.

Three things I'd like to see:

Restore the timeline in the match engine

In older versions of the game, there was a timeline at the bottom of the screen during matches which showed when the goals and cards were and you could rewatch these parts before moving back to the live feed. It was very useful, please bring it back.

Ahmmmm... it's still existing mate

Ahmmmm... it's still existing mate

No... it isn't. Not for me, anyway. I get a bar at the bottom which switches between commentary and showing possession. That's it. Is it something that I have to enable in preferences?

No... it isn't. Not for me, anyway. I get a bar at the bottom which switches between commentary and showing possession. That's it. Is it something that I have to enable in preferences?
Using a custom skin? I'm using one (Vitrex) and it's also gone. Try the default skin at least.

In relation to Zulu9812, you can indeed edit existing club competitions using the advanced editor.

Further to my points above on scouting, I think the distance an amateur player is willing to accept in order to transfer should be tightened up further. The current set-up makes sense for semi-pro players, it is not very realistic to have amateurs travelling around 200kms just to switch clubs. In that case, I would think that an upper limit of 50kms from either his hometown or the club where he was last employed full-time. Just my two cents there. Great game by the way.

I only play FMC these days so this may already be present in FM, but i'd like to be able to see at a point in time how much a player has cost me over a period of time. So if he has a contract with a base wage, loyalty bonus, appearance fee, unused sub, and goal bonus, and he's played 3 matches, scored 1 goal and sat on the bench how much has it cost the club?

Another feature would be when negotiating a contract being able to look at how much it might cost based on number of games player may play over duration of contract. So I could look at the loyalty bonus, goal bonus, wage etc and see how model the cost based on the number of games I think they will play over the contract and goals they will score to give me a better potential breakdown of the cost of signing the player.

So if I enter contracts with a striker over a 2 year contract I can calculate based on an assumption he will play 60 games, score 30 goals, sit on the bench and not be used 10 times.

Would be useful for those of us who like keeping an eye on the money! Or I could just carry on using my calculator/Excel.

Or even a screen that gives a better breakdown of all players contract details, so not just wage, but all bonuses, loyalty fees, promotion/relegation bonus etc

News Headlines

I wish on the league news headlines, an item would be greyed out after you've read it, like how it works on the inbox. Should not have to read things twice or spend time trying to figure where you left off.

A small but easy and great addition would be to have more than 3 formations to train. Many teams play with different game plans for different oppositions and I feel it would be much more convenient if you could train 5 or 7 formations.

First off, couldn't find the thread, mods if there is one, just copy and paste this there, and delete this thread. Thank you :)

Okay so here are some things I'd liek added:

Transfer Market Value Graphs

Like those found on tranfermarkt

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ronaldinho-gaucho/marktwertverlauf/spieler/3373

Attack (on the ball) Tactic + Defense (off the ball) Tactic

As oppose to the standard one

ME improvements

Not too concerned as bigs are ironed out and this is improved every year :thup:

More variation in terms of repuation of football in a nation. In 20 years football might be a lot bigger in australia for instance, meaning more world class Aussie regens :lol: Also countries dominating football in cycles, new innovative tactics coming from differnet nations in periods (that might be tricky to implement), so domestic football is best in differnet countries in cycles if you catch my drift. This would be AMAZING.

Clubs that get rich, sign a young hot player for 13m, then cause his values low (low repuatable league) they accept 4m for him 2 years later. This should be stamped out. TRANSFER AI NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED FOR SCENARIOS LIKE THIS.

Less OP regens (there are LOADS after 10 years or so)... and i know there are a lot already, but more regens that establish themselves as top players when theyre like 24, as oppose to 19.

MY MAIN ONE ALONG WITH TRANSFER AI: when a club gets tycoon owned, i dont think it wsould be unreasonable for the club to be interested in elite players. Like Anzhi going for Eto'o, Messi, Tevez. This wouldn't happen in game. MONEY TALKS.

I'm pretty sure that a year ago I posted the same thing, and probably the year before that too, but I would like a better youth system. I am tired of just being given a bunch of 16 year old players, most of whom (according to my coaches) will NEVER be good enough to even play in the same division as me, let alone my club. Maybe have players join the club at 12 or 13, and allow you to monitor their progression, tailoring them from a younger age to fit into your plans as a team. Look at Barcelona - they play a certain way, and as a result their younger players seemlessly fit into their first team. Half the time I get midfielders who can't pass or slow wingers, and have to waste a few years retraining their position (if they're worth perservering with). I doubt very much that any team has players on their books aged 16 who apparently will never have the quality to make it to the first team (they would have been let go before that stage if there were no coaches who thought they had potential). If they were 12 at the club, the coaches could maybe disagree, or talk about what needs to happen for the player to pregress (eg. 'he needs to work harder' or 'he needs to work on his technical ability', or 'he needs to stop being selfish', etc). At the moment it feels all too random.

Also, the youth system could be improved by allowing academies to be built in different countries. At the moment, the only time I get foreign youth players through is by chance, there is no real recruitment in FM of foreign talent under the age of 16.

I really, really hope FM 16 addresses this, because it has been something which has been a flaw dating back to when Championship Manager was around instead of Football Manager.

It's never going to happen because the player attribute rating system could not cope with modelling players who are that young, all you would get a players with a load of attributes of 1 & maybe a couple as high as 5.

As for recruitment of foreign players under 16 as that is illegal under international transfer rules it is also not something that will likely ever make it into FM, links with overseas academies are more or less covered through the current club affiliation system.

It's never going to happen because the player attribute rating system could not cope with modelling players who are that young, all you would get a players with a load of attributes of 1 & maybe a couple as high as 5.

One way to get around this is to use a 1-100 attribute scale for future versions. It won't require much work, as the present attributes could be multiplied by 5. This would allow lower levels of ability to be simulated better. I do agree with you on the second point though.

One way to get around this is to use a 1-100 attribute scale for future versions. It won't require much work, as the present attributes could be multiplied by 5. This would allow lower levels of ability to be simulated better. I do agree with you on the second point though.

As far as I know, it's already represented on that scale, but visualised on a 1-20. But even if it isn't, why would that solve it? All it gives you is a finer granularity. Giving someone a 1 for something is the same as giving them as anything between 1 and 9 on your 1-100 scale. It's hardly going to make a massive difference. Just putting a different scale on it isn't going to make any difference. You'd need to completely rewrite how you build up a players ability, and it's certainly on the "if it ain't broke" list for me.

Archived