What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I'd like to see a sound track in the game like fifa, where you can play music when not in a match.

Anyone else?

\

I agree with this. I enjoy the game but I can't have a radio in my room the way my computers is set up so an in game mp3 player would be nice.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id love to see Maps implemented into FM.

In the buildup screen before the match it would be really cool to see the location of the two teams, especially in Europe. It gives you the distance when playing in Europe but would love there to be a map with each team 'Pinned' where they are in the world. I like to know where I'm playing and when managing abroad I haven't really got a clue when playing obscure teams in Eastern Europe.

They can then use the same maps for scouting to show where your scouts are, and have colour coded countries on the map in how much knowledge you have on that country. Would be 100x better then the current knowledge page where its just adjustable bars.

1.Player Statistic window

Left foot Golas/Shot attempts

Right foot Golas/Shot attempts

Head shot's Goals/Shot attempts

Free Kick's Goals/Shot attempts

Corner's Crosses succeeded Attempted

2. Club Information Window

Dynamic fierce rivals and other rivals.

For Example Real Madrid often paly in Champions league with Olimpique Lyon in Group or first konockout round and his fixtures is loses or draw or winns 1:0/2:1 so when this two teams often meet together then Real Madrid have new Rival.

\

I agree with this. I enjoy the game but I can't have a radio in my room the way my computers is set up so an in game mp3 player would be nice.

Why can't you just play music through your computers?

I actually play the music through my phone streaming from the computer. Or you can get the radio on the internet.

Id love to see Maps implemented into FM.

In the buildup screen before the match it would be really cool to see the location of the two teams, especially in Europe. It gives you the distance when playing in Europe but would love there to be a map with each team 'Pinned' where they are in the world. I like to know where I'm playing and when managing abroad I haven't really got a clue when playing obscure teams in Eastern Europe.

They can then use the same maps for scouting to show where your scouts are, and have colour coded countries on the map in how much knowledge you have on that country. Would be 100x better then the current knowledge page where its just adjustable bars.

The map thing has come up before. I think it should be definitely in the game.

Also gives people a better understanding of World Geography. Be nice to have a little bit about the country.

There was another guy on here before saying he looks up the exotic countries where he manages and immerses himself further into the game by cooking cuisine from that region, a famous dish, or perhaps buying their local beer, etc.

I also like the idea showing on the map where in the world and how far the team is traveling. It would be interesting.

And totally agree about the "Knowledge Bars" it's so boring.

First of all you focus on match engine. All and all it's the most important thing in game. I realize that FM match engine is far from FIFAs graphics, but what I mean is to improve players physics so we could watch spectacular dribbles, actions, that the players moves would look more naturally.

I'd like to see manager-player interactions improved. So that it would be more human also naturall.

Club financies. We should get more freedom to decide about club money. Especially negotiating sponsorship. If I lead my club to succes I should have the opportunity to sign new sponsors.

(sorry for my english, hope you understand me)

There are also situations wnen Managers from Eastern Europe Clubs (ex-USSR, ex-Yugoslavia) visit the training grounds of major clubs (for example, Manager of Dynamo Kyiv visits FC Barcelona for 2-3 days where he looks at the club structure, training etc. Why not put it in the game?

Conversely though, they might want to coach at a higher level. Or demand new contracts.

But it has weight as a potential addition to FM13. I'd love to see it in the game.

Opens a PDF

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/courses/01/06/22/80/fifacoursecatalogue_2010.pdf

I like the idea of expanding the coaching as suggested, but the deal with backroom staff loyalty needs to be addressed first.

I'd like for the AI to be more proactive in searching out and signing talent.

I'd like for form and performance to have an impact on how the AI evaluates players.

Player Interaction around contracts - for me there are two situations I have experienced that grate:

> Post "agent demanded contract talks" in the inevitable "concerned" talk there needs to be an option to say the following (and combinations of the following) I have talked to your agent but we are too far away at the moment; the club has a budget we have to keep to; I would be more than happy to resume talks - the ball is in yours and your agent's court; your agent is asking for too much of a fee i.e. twice your loyalty bonus

On this topic by the way there are often rounds of contract talks (look at Pogba and Welbeck at united for example.) I know the "rounds" are kind of done within the negotiation but perhaps there should be additional rounds if no resolution can be found

> When a player is unhappy i.e. post criticism/team talks etc - there needs to be the option to ask them whether they can really believe their performance (or that of the team) was good enough. for example I had a game where we narrowly beat bradford in a carling cup game and I said it was a let off. Ferdinand and Fletcher were both unhappy. My only option was to say I'd work on it rather than saying guys the performance wasn't good enough - I am pretty sure professional players would have accepted that!

Combine news items - I get sick and tired of having 30 messages about who might win player of the year - why not simply have 1 message on the topic saying x, manager said this and 12 other managers have agreed. However other managers have backed y, z and a player..." In addition the ones where the player "is looking for a way out." comes up far toom much for my liking

Build on the summary page - I hate the player history pages as their become a mess however I love the summary page for players and the "seasonal stats". Can you please add to this:

> Include assists in the games/goals columns (and clean sheets for GK's)

> Create a "club stats" version to cover their time at the club they are at

> Create a "Career Stats" version to cover their career

This way I can never have to look at the player history page which (lets face it) is unlikely to get cleaned up any time soon (though a way to improve this is further down.)

Add agent speculation for managers - In my game managers declare interest which in RL I see agents do but not very often the manager. At worst they don't deny the speculation which feels more realistic

Integrate the "respond to comments" into the press conferences (especilly if you don't respond to them.) Its important to have the questions on occasion outside of press conferences but not the second before you go into one.

Look into manager's comments on likely outcomes for a teams season. I had the situation where I had played 3 games compared to the top teams' 6 and therefore was in about 6th. Bearing in mind I had won the league the last two seasons it felt really strange to have mid-league team state that they are going to show my team how far from a title challenger we are...? And if a club is languishing shouldn't the comments be about surprise at the position, certainty that they will turn the corner (think when Liverpool were bottom of the league for a while a couple of seasons back and every report stated that they couldn't possibly continue to stay that low in the table!)

Offer coaching roles to legends when they announce retirement (and make them more likely to join the staff) - I had Ryan Giggs announce his retirement at the end of the season and while he then got his coaching profile his agent wouldn't discuss a new contract (I wanted at least player coach and then coach,) I had filled my quota (had to release a coach to get him in) and then he rejected the contract offer. IRL Man Utd just added Scholes to the youth coaching set up - I cannot see the board having rejected that!

Manager Points. I still can't for the life of me understand why not every competition gets added to the points tally. In England only the FA Cup, and league count, the two euro competitions count but the super cup, world club championship etc don't. Even if they only carry small points they should be included as should lower league achievements. I know they are included in the histories but I think they should be in Hall of Fame too - even if they are consigned to "Minor Cups and Minor Leagues etc."

Clean up the player histories pages. Despite the new "summaries" I have suggested adding to this is my idea about changing the GUI on the player history / achievements screens and below are my suggestions for change:

1) For a start can histories be career histories - defaulted to all comps (international, continental and domestic) as opposed to simply domestic league. I understand from the forums that its league because of backdating the history but I am sure most wouldn't care if its slightly out???

And if people do mind.....Perhaps with a filter like on the team sheet allowing users to configure the view they want? When any media talks about appearances over a career they talk about all comps i.e. Gerrard playing over 50 games for club and country in one season; clearly non competitive matches don't count and media messages can be taken from any of the stats, league, international, continental or total depending on their nature.

2) Could you implement a tiered approach to the visual. I.e. Tier 1 is just the season, Tier 2 is the parent club (clubs if transferred), Tier 3 is the time spent either on loan or in B-Teams etc. Within this include a filter for the user to define the default view and buttons (like the cross hatches on excel grouping) to open/close the layers. Example: ( - represents a new column)

Level 1 = 2009-2010 - x - x - x - x etc In this view you can just see the season

Level 2 = 2009-2010 - West Ham - Championship - x - x - x - x etc

2009-2010 - Arsenal - Premiership- x - x - x - x etc In this view you can see the season and the clubs who have owned him (parent clubs)

Level 3 = 2009-2010 - West Ham - Championship - x - x - x - x etc

2009-2010 - Arsenal - Premiership - x - x - x - x etc

2009-2010 - Sheffield Wednesday - League 1 - x - x - x - x etc Finally in this view loans and b-team/reserve clubs are shown (however many there are)

For me this would clean the pages up immeasurably; it would stop career games being near un-readable because of multiple loans and it would stop that irritating 0 line when teams put a player into the B-team just before they sell him.

3) Achievements - For managers can this be limited to competitions won or career bests - i.e a manager taking their club further than they ever had (personally or team history) or "for the 10th season running" etc would be noteworthy in that screen (maybe added at the end of the competition run rather than after each round) as opposed to recording that Sir Alex guided his team through to the 4th round of the Carling Cup each season.

4) Transfers - can there be a separate tab for these rather than having them on the career screen? Perhaps similar to manager histories of club from, to, time spent and then fee?

Example:

Date - From - To - Fee (£) - Playing Records

01.07.2010 - West Brom - Liverpool - £12,000,000 - X - X - X - X

31.01.2009 - Arsenal - West Brom - £8,500,000 - X - X - X - X

01.08.2007 - Crystal Palace - Arsenal - £5,000,000 - X - X - X - X

01.07.2005 - Portsmouth - Crystal Palace - £600,000 - X - X - X - X

31.08.2004 - Cork City - Portsmouth - £25,000 - X - X - X - X

TOTAL 26,125,000 - X - X - X - X

5) Can money in the game be be currency, right justified and formatted £12,000,000 etc to allow for the spurious 640,000 and 325,000 etc - this might allow for the transfer systems to have a broader allowance of figures rather than jumping to 250k increments after 5m? Again if there is a mixed view can SI include currency, decimal points, and format into the preferences list?

Getting rid of U18s & Reserve successes from the Club Competition History Page. This also goes for old competitions that no longer really matter (i.e. division south from the 70's) I am sure some people like these on there so perhaps a dynamic pick list (like the filter on the team sheet (First XI, Reserves etc) allowing the user to untick those they don't wish to see?

Change this Conference Question... " You've had a bit of a break..." er no; its been internationals and 95% of my squad has been away so hardly a rest for them!

The fans moaning about the sale of a crap youth player for most of a season. He was poor and wouldn't have made cup appearances so get over it.

The media not learning as the game goes on. Known for attacking play at your previous team you take control of another only to be asked what type of football, what type of manager, transfer targets etc. At least evolve and ask if the circumstances of the new club will dictate a change in your personal style i.e. for the remainder of the season we just have to win no matter what but in the longer term... or the club needs experience but I'll be looking to youth once the ship has been steadied

NEWGEN and transferring Player Histories Please please please can you amend the code behind newgens so that if they don't play in the small amount of time between their generation and the end of that season (i.e. march to may in England) that the season doesn't count. The game is getting cluttered up with a season of 0's looking out of kilter. Fair enough if they play but I understood it to be the inception for the following season? Perhaps accept them at the point and they join at the start of next season?

Also when a player moves at the end of the season (prior to the new season starting - in England players move on or around 9th June and the next season is something like the 23rd) the code is slightly wrong. I bought a youngster who hadn't played a game of any sort during the season and his "season" line was transferred to me which is incorrect

Dynamic Club History On the club history one is it possible to a) make the bottom left trophy (next to the league history graph) dynamic - i.e. click on the trophies above and show the detail? and b) make the trophies themselves either Gold, Silver, Bronze, A.N.Other colour to represent if you are the most, second most, third most succesful team in that particular competition?

Is it possible to include the same cup page for managers?

Opinion on another manager add something about - I don't really know him. When you are a new manager or playing a lower league team for the first time there is only ever a couple options - he's really nice or we don't get on. The truth is we have never interacted before but he seems to have done a good/bad job, has been unlucky with injuries - anything really that doesn't suggest every manager goes out together and therefore knows each other intimately! Also learning here with the media as for a while those interactions will be limited.

Transfers and contracts at lower levels need rethinking. No semi-pro club would offer a contract to a player for more than a year unless they were really, really good. It makes no financial or sporting sense. Also, modelling part time contracts along the same lines as professional contracts is totally wrong. They don't have any of the crazy clauses that seem to be demanded as standard.

Likewise too few players from non-league are scouted by bigger clubs even if they play well and have decent stats. This doesn't seem to make much sense either. There are loads of suggestions I could make about non-league, but these are my biggest gripes.

The transfer system needs to be sorted,I should be able to sell good players from time to time and not having them all rot in the reserves.

They are working on a new match engine(not sure it will be in time for FM13)but this has to be drastically improved,I know there will be the odd game were I will have some 20 odd shots at goal and the other team have only 3 or 4 and they will still win 1-0 but it happens way to often in this game,I can only bang my head on the table so many times!

I also love when it does happen in real life the boards light up with that example..it just brings it home just how uncommon it is.

If that means the new engine gives less shots at goal then so be it,much better than watching your team control so many games but keep getting that unlucky defeat.

Can we have the live negotiations for transfers like we do for contracts? would just speed the whole process up which would be nice.

Also can we have an easier to use Editor so we can edit/create competitions without the editor going "huh?" and refusing to let the game work properly?

Better and more sensibly statted regens, clear advice on which of your academy players should go out on loan and where, and stop making teams charge £70/£140m for players, guys like Neymar, Sneijder, Robben, even Ozil would not go for more than £30-40m in real life, it's ridiculous.

Don't see the point of scouts if the database doesn't have enough regens/youngsters to be found of a suitable quality in far flung places that aren't in my game.

I want to add more info about myself as a manager. I want to be able to pick what languages I speak, now it is kinda silly when I can't speak german in the game when I do in real life. I want to be able to pick hair colour, skin tone, height and weight, so I can appear in the game just like the players. I want to pick my manager background (beer league manager? Youth leauge manager? National team assistant manager? Or just academic?).

Managing a youth/reserve side before taking on a major role would be a great idea. I know its been said here before but it really needs to be looked into. Prime example being John Aloisi, retired, became Melbourne Hearts Youth team coach, now their Manager.

Would be great to see it

I want to add more info about myself as a manager. I want to be able to pick what languages I speak, now it is kinda silly when I can't speak german in the game when I do in real life. I want to be able to pick hair colour, skin tone, height and weight, so I can appear in the game just like the players. I want to pick my manager background (beer league manager? Youth leauge manager? National team assistant manager? Or just academic?).

You could put your 2nd nationality as German?

You can use an actual photo of yourself.

You can - from Sunday league Manager to Ex-Professional Football Manager.

Repost/compilation of my wishes for FM13:

1. Separate defensive and attacking formations (+ ideally implement fully dynamic formations)

2. Split offensive/defensive mentality. Mentality directly and indirectly influences player position and off the ball movement along with players defensive and offensive reasoning. This creates all sorts off issues in current ME and huge amount of space between the lines is one of them. For instance some tactics need players to take risk defensively to regain possession as soon as possible and then play cautions in offense to retain it as long as possible or the other way around (where it is needed that players defend cautiously but take adventurous and risky approach in attack).

3. Better positioning of DL/C/R prior to goal kick (DCs are positioned to close and are often more advanced than FBs! This is probably the worst possible spacing.)

4. Classic men and zonal marking (along with current men/zonal hybrids)

5. Make changes in pressing dynamics and implement various types of pressing (see explanation below - post #200). Improve/introduce dynamic repositioning of players according to ball position. This is necessary to enhance effectiveness of pressing. Pressing in it's ultimate (and possibly unachievable) form should transcend static formation as a concept; players should position them selves according to position of ball, opposition, teammates and unmarked space.

6. Reduce current tendency of player in possession to freeze/spin/pass back in proximity of opposition along with general preference of sideways and backward-diagonal passing.

7. Reduce excessive precision of long passes and unrealistic ball trajectory in combination with defenders that seem completely unaware of incoming long ball that produce some realty strange situations (such as static wingers receiving long ball that just flew over the equally static fullback absolutely uncontested).

7. Improve AML/C/R and SC defensive habits.

8. Fix goalkeepers tendency to kick the ball towards small forward when big/strong forward is next to him.

9. Fix goalkeepers tendency to kick the ball towards small forward when counter attack is ticked even though they are set to defender collect.

10. Fix powerful forwards inability too hold on to ball when under pressure.

10. Fix players tendency too often shoot/cross/pass with weaker foot even they are not two footed.

11. Fix long kick trajectory.

12. Only the best passers (Scholes, Carrick, Xavi, Beckham etc) should find targets consistently over 25+ yards. (Originally Posted by CityAndColour)

13. Fix players tendency to blast long shots too often / long shots too often result in corner.

14. Reduce players tendency to delay cross when free and especially when box is full of attacking players. And reduce players tendency to attempt to get a corner/throw off opposition player.

15. Reduce players tendency to delay cross/pass when on counter attack until it's too late or they have reached near post.

16. Improve marking during corners/throw ins/indirect free kicks. + Far post goals from indirect free kicks happen far too often. + It's very annoying to see a defender not pressuring sole attacker standing around center after corner/free kick although there is sufficient cover (multiple fast defenders next to him and no opposition players).

17. Reduce players tendency to acting like mindless chickens: colliding with teammates, interrupting teammates run, being en mass unaware where is the ball and being en mass unaware of incoming ball (especially noticeable on corners)...

18. Amend current lack of quick (tactical) fouls in opposition half to prevent a counter.

19. Implement teams loosing shape (formation disintegration) toward half time and/or full time as a result of exhaustion or lack of discipline

20. Give us back ability to instruct players to get behind ball when defending.

20. Implement option to instruct players to retreat to own half when defending (negates opposition midfield space and time on ball, helps fast forwards on counter).

21. Implement option to set different widths for defense/midfield/attack.

22. Change lower/lesser leagues ME dynamics. There should be more struggle for ball, more wayward passing, poor spacing, lack of positional and tactical discipline (especially for semiprofessional teams)... + There is distinctive lack of long balls missed by both defenders and attackers (leading to heavy struggle for ball) in lower leagues.

23. Fix inability of ME to simulate leagues where teams prefer choppy game-play with lot of small fouls disrupting game flow.

24. Fix inability of ME to differentiate and appropriately use particular and very different qualities of tall players that can't jump high and small player that can jump high when calculating who will win the ball.

25. Fix goalkeepers not sweeping when situation obliviously demands it.

26. Fix lack of goals from certain types of direct free kicks

27. Fix players tendency to automatically head towards their default position after free kick/corner even though their current position is clearly superior.

28. Give us ability to instruct FBs/MCs/WMs/Ws to run forward (attack) one at the time. This would greatly improve defensive performance. We can currently only instruct one particular player (for example FBL) to stay back at all times and other particular player (FBR) to always make a forward run.

29. Thoroughly rework scouting module. Scouting is definitely overpowered at the moment in my opinion. First issue is inadequate fog of war. We get to see player attributes way too fast and they are always 100% accurate regardless of scout used. Not even the best scouts should be able to give such an accurate picture of players ability and certainly not on such a short notice. Than there's a problem of judging ability of players that play in lower/lesser leagues against poor opposition. Finally judging potential ability is far too accurate. This should be much more hit and miss, even for best scouts out there. + Please implement option to completely hide players attributes.

30. Fix tutoring. I hate when young players can't be tutored by legends as Rivaldo (because his reputation is not high enough), or when 18 years old Brazilian forward declines tutoring by such player as he "sees no benefit in it". It drives me nuts. I would probably attempt to swim all the way to Brazil if that would guarantee me the chance to meet him let alone learn from him! That said tutoring is absolutely overpowered and supertutors are able to turn Trigger into Enrico Fermi and Boycie into Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu, not to mention big boost that players current ability gains during tutoring period.

31. Fix issue with (too low) asking price of players in inactive leagues.

32. Improve AI managers tactical acumen. Dramatically increase chance of reactive managers to vary their approach from game to game depending on opposition. Dramatically increase difference in ability between best and worst AI managers. Make AI managers in game tactical reactions less predictable. Make AI managers feel more human and individual (more likely to make tactical mistakes, more likely to crumble under pressure, more likely to overreact to sudden changes or too slow to react... all depending on their ability and personality of course)

33. Implement some sort of opposition's tactical tendencies analysis module (this would hopefully help AI managers for example to eventually recognize that human manager is winning by overloading the left side of their defense for five strait years)

34. Implement slight shifts in tactical trends caused by certain particularly successful teams.

34. Make AI managers/directors of football able to spot great performing player with low CA and/or PA. Make AI managers/DOFs able to recognize players that will complement their preferred formation/style and particular skills/skill sets of players already available on their squad.

35. Remove players/agents ability to see your wage budget and demand wages and fees relative to it.

36. Dramatically increase variation between AI bids for players. Player is worth different amount of money to different teams in relation to their specific needs, ambitions, available resources, intelligence, willingness to risk, marketing opportunities... Further AI doesn't seem calculate the expanse of the whole transfer (transfer fee + player wages & bonuses + agent fees) when deciding whether to bid for certain transfer target or not. AI analyses first two elements (transfer fee + player wages & bonuses) separately and ignores agent fee altogether at this stage. This leads to absurd situation where AI will chose player that costs 10M in transfer fee + 3M in wages (over 3 years of contract) over a player that costs 1M in transfer fee + 6M in wages (over 3 years of contract). The fact that agent fee is directly related to transfer fee (and agent attributes which AI ignores as well) makes it even worse.

37. Financial modelling in game needs drastic improvement (more variance, more accurate modeling of lower leagues, better modelling of eastern and particularly southeastern leagues...)

38. Implement different footballing/business cultures (for example different role that director of football and manager have in Serie A and Premiership)

39. Make player progression much less predictable. + There should be more talented players coming through club academies and less of them should reach their potential. + Personal reasons unconnected to players character and playing opportunities should influence development. + Experience gained during loan spells should help development (especially mental) much more then it does currently. + Include U16 and U14 selections filled with created players.

40. Reduce players tendency to attempt sliding tackles. + Greatly reduce effectiveness of sliding tackles from behind, especially in the penalty box (this should be hardest defensive action by far)!

41. Remove play where free kick taker passes the ball to DC that stands next to him (which will immediately start to spin and then loose the ball). Why is DC standing there in the first place?

42. Players in non active leagues don't play any cup games currently. Please fix it.

Ok, so I've posted this before but never got any feedback on it.

I'm a stats guy, like many others, and there are lots of stats to be seen in the world of football.

I would like some sort of stat centre for clubs and competitions.

For example, I might want to know who the top 10 scorers are in the Champions League, accumulated.

In real life, I go to Wikipedia, or some other source, and can see that Raul Blanco is in top. If I'd be a Chelsea-fan I can find out that Drogba now has entered the top 10-list with his 39th goal.

Or if I want to see the accumulated list of all the appearences for a club, I could see that Paolo Maldini has 647 league appearences for AC Milan, but I could also find my regen Trevor Jibbs on place 114 with 210 appearences.

Just to make up an example.

And I'm talking all sorts of stats; goals, appearences, assists, yellow cards, you name it. The more, the better!

Maybe there could be a "Statistics corner" or something where one could enter to look for stats?

Something like MLS has got on their official website.

The point is that I have always been missing the opportunity to see these "total stats" for my club or competition, and have had to satisfy with the records. (But who is chasing the record holders?!)

I imagine it not to be too hard to integrate this statistics-thing into the game, since the game already does a lot of the job by keeping track of stats.

What I do know for sure is that it is something I would enjoy, and I hope more so with me.

This is a mock-up of how I would like the search functions layout to be, it would really make it easier to get a better overview of the results from the search. Specially if you do get a lot of results with the same name or if you are unsure, I think it would give the search function a better flow than with the current one where you have to click on the name the view the profile... :)

suggestionsearchlayout.png

Well now that I'm already posting in this thread, I might post some of the suggestion posted by members of FMSweden.se on our own forum.

* Develop the negotiation as a manager with clubs (Thanks to Ogge for the suggestion). Actually having a meeting with the clubs board where you get to listen to them informing you about their visions for the team, how they would like to build the squad and what the previous manager in charge did wrong. And so on...

Then you would get to tell them how you would like to build the squad, what kind of football you would like to play and what goals you have for the club in the long run and not only for the upcoming season.

* More details in the economy, for expenses and income (Thanks to believ_er for the suggestion). Perhaps implement goalbudget for a whole year (season) or perhaps a period of years (3, 5 or 10).

* More than one Set Pieces instruction, (Thanks to bushkalle for that suggestion). Simply so that you can have more variants of corner, free kick and throw in setups. The player who takes the free kick, corner or throw in, would due to his value for anticipation, decision and creativity decide what variant of the setups to take for the best results.

* Player featuring in interviews for newspaper and media in general where he talks about his feeling, those in players profile page in the tab for "Information" under "Happiness (Thanks to Martak for that suggestion). In the game today we get to know about players happiness from our staff, finding a balance between these two would be great.

Honestly, it's hard to believe they are taking this long to, at least, add a few extra messages at the end of each season if we win a competition. We've been reading the same monotonous stuff for years now. It can't be that difficult to mix it up a little bit..

Honestly, it's hard to believe they are taking this long to, at least, add a few extra messages at the end of each season if we win a competition. We've been reading the same monotonous stuff for years now. It can't be that difficult to mix it up a little bit..

I've been saying this for a while.

I think if they made those messages editable - then people could relase their own "Press Conference packs" with added messages.

Or you could just add your own if you like.

I remember editing the "Commentary" in one of the CM series to read different things - not sure which version.

Fans and board take into consideration staus of the competition before telling you they are not happy with the performance. Too many times the board or the fans are not happy I loose to a weaker team in Europe even if I have already qualified for the last 16, I always play weakened teams if I am through to the next stage of the competition or have won the competition. Win the league with 3 games to go I will give the 2nd team some games and get slated for getting beat 1-0 even though I have my reserves out.

Scouting needs an overhaul, if I have asked a scout to scout a region or country am not interested in players they know cannot improve the squad. Coaches take into consideration the number of back room staff you are allowed before making suggestion of adding further back room staff.

The option of using transfer funds to sign coaches and scouts or to make upgrades to stadium or training facilities before taking out a loan.

Auto reports from coaches in charge of under 19's and reserves from players constantly performing well.

Not interested in player is unhappy about training, they can hand in a transfer request. If a player has back-up, don't complain about lack of first team action.

Realistic transfer bids, got the likes of man city offering me £2.4 million for a young player I bought for £3m and they want £17m for one of theirs. Fabregas went to Barca for £35m and in FM they want £150m.

As soon as you or a team get relegated or promoted your rep changes so you can instantly take advantage when putting offers for players in, too many players reject to talk to me even if I have just been promoted, need to wait for the leagues to change before you can talk to me becuase my team is still in npl1 or championsip even if I have won promotion.

something that always annoyed me in fm. one example:

i buy a very promising young player for 8M. then next season (sometimes even after just 6 months), a bigger club offer me 7M for that player. of course i reject, i wouldn't sell him at a loss after just one season. especially not when he's in my future plans and i rate him at least double that offer. but as result my player get upset for not letting him talk to that bigger club and eventually he may even request to be placed on the transfer list.

this is very unrealistic. that player should understand i can't be forced to sell him at a loss. also the bigger clubs should know they have to offer more then i payed for him just a year ago.

This is good, I would love this as well, especially when you take over a new club and fire the old coaches and take on an entire new back room staff, have to go into each coach and offer them a new contract one by one.

something that always annoyed me in fm. one example:

i buy a very promising young player for 8M. then next season (sometimes even after just 6 months), a bigger club offer me 7M for that player. of course i reject, i wouldn't sell him at a loss after just one season. especially not when he's in my future plans and i rate him at least double that offer. but as result my player get upset for not letting him talk to that bigger club and eventually he may even request to be placed on the transfer list.

this is very unrealistic. that player should understand i can't be forced to sell him at a loss. also the bigger clubs should know they have to offer more then i payed for him just a year ago.

When you buy them, go to their transfer status and increase the asking price to something ridiculous.

Teams won't put an offer in then.

That doesn't really address the underlying issue though, the AI does not do this so it is too easy to unsettle players & in the case of user controlled clubs it's too easy to fend of interest in you players by setting £60m+ asking prices.

Haven't read to see if this has already been mentioned but....

In-Game Shouts

I'd like the opportunity to communicate with players or team during a match, much like the pre match/half time team talk. Just as you can give a player encouragement at half time why shouldn't I be able to shout "Well done, keep going son", or "Pick your head up lads, we can still get something out of this", or even give them a good rollicking if they've conceded an early goal whilst the game is still in progess?. It could effect their morale and performance just as the regular team talks too, but maybe to a slightly lesser degree. Could lead to players either gritting their teeth and upping their game or becoming complacent or nervous depending on your interactions and their personalities.

I would like two things:

1) Contracts that reflect your worth

Whilst the wage you're paid is a cosmetic feature for the most part, I would still like to see a fair reflection - especially if you have overseen a huge period of growth. Currently, if you begin at a lesser club, you will continually be offered a pittance (£3,000 p/w) and will rarely see a wage rise with extensions. All of this is despite huge financial and reputation growth for the club. As a result, I would like to see better contracts offered to the manager (maybe, £30,000 p/w).

2) Job security that doesn't "reset"

I go through the process of reaching 'untouchable', each season, only to have it regress to 'secure/very secure' at the season reset date. In the past, I made a thread about this 'issue' and received a plethora of reasons for this. However, I view it as unrealistic and a way to make it easier to sack you. If this was to vary depending on the club you were with, I could understand. The game should, I feel, base this on the patience of the fans and the chairman, combined with either your successes or your reputation.

It's ridiculous if it says "Mistake led to goal", 9/10 that player will be rated at below 6 for the entire game.

Similarly, if your defender scores, he'll be rated 7.5 for the entire game.

The game doesn't reflect their overall performance. I'd much rather see a defenders rating rated, rather than a rating based on the goal he scored.

I don't want to add a german 2nd nationality as I do not have one in real life, and I ment I want to be on the pitch.

What if he already chosen 2 nationalities and both of them don't set his manager to know German in-game?

2) Job security that doesn't "reset"

I go through the process of reaching 'untouchable', each season, only to have it regress to 'secure/very secure' at the season reset date. In the past, I made a thread about this 'issue' and received a plethora of reasons for this. However, I view it as unrealistic and a way to make it easier to sack you. If this was to vary depending on the club you were with, I could understand. The game should, I feel, base this on the patience of the fans and the chairman, combined with either your successes or your reputation.

Good idea there. I think FM has the right idea that the game should reset job security to a degree, since managing a football team is a 'what have you done for me lately business', but I agree it could be improved. I wouldn't want FM to go to the other extreme and have a manager permanently 'untouchable' too quickly, but owners should put the previous success into account. It could reset to secure if you've only been at the club for a one or two, but as you continue to get good results, the board should trust you more and your job security shouldn't reset to the previous level. Like your first season your security resets to Secure, and after a second successful season, it resets to Very Secure, and etc.

---

Can we also please have players stop moaning about lack of first team football? Especially if you're an MLS rookie? Pretty please? And especially a backup 'keeper in any league. Stop moaning. You signed the bloody contract to be a backup. :rolleyes:

I don't want to add a german 2nd nationality as I do not have one in real life, and I ment I want to be on the pitch.

Well I agree with you, I was just offering alternatives.

I managed a team in Brazil for 10 years before moving to the EPL. I signed a portugese guy and the media were asking would there be a language barrier?

Found that strange, considering listed under my languages was indeed Portugese.

I would like to see a return of the History page to what it was previously on the likes of CM01/02. This means that it would count all appearances and goals in a season including cup, continental (only excluding friendlies) instead of the current situation where it only shows league appearances and goals. The current system is just not a fair representation of a player's season or career.

Also, can we please have an option to just entirely switch off press conferences. A lot of us don't answer many of them and set the assistant to attend but it is an annoyance to have your assistant constantly messing with your players when you don't even want the feature at all.

I and many others at the forum FMSweden, would like to see a clause when you buy a futuretalent from a team and use this clause to send the player on loan to the selling club. I know that many teams irl using this clause and it would be very nice to have it in game too!

//Liverpoolfanet

This is what I'd like to see - a faster more efficient way of offering contracts

contracts%20idea.png

I LOVE this idea and I agree with it, as it is so fristrating and time wasting to remember how far down the list you are. Itd be great to have this where you make the initial offer to those you want to, then click "done" or something like that, then if necessary, you go to the negotiations page to iron out the creases!

I agree with the posts about manager history.

I would like to see an option to put in a player history, such as teams played for, goals/caps etc. This could increase the chance of getting a job at a club you "used to play for".

I LOVE this idea and I agree with it, as it is so fristrating and time wasting to remember how far down the list you are. Itd be great to have this where you make the initial offer to those you want to, then click "done" or something like that, then if necessary, you go to the negotiations page to iron out the creases!

This type of streamlining would vastly improve the game in all areas. Pregame shouts/tactics, squad training options, scouting reports in the inbox (you have to check reports one by one). Why isn't the scouting data listed in a popup window like for player attributes and the "I" button? Way too much click, read, back out and do it all over again every time you want to complete a task.

I'm sure plenty do, because it's in the team's interest that their coaches are good. Plus paying for/subsidising coaching may help staff stay loyal.

Well would'nt they hire trained good coaches rather than send ones for training?

Managers & coaches alike all attend seminars, workshops &/or training courses throughout their careers, some obviously more than others.

It's not something I would want to be actively involved but I see no reason for coaches not to head off to these events in the off-season at the clubs expense should they choose to do so.

I'm also sure that coaches do improve their attributes over time but I might be wrong.

I have a suggestion/question about club Finances. What the hell is Other and Non-Football costs in the Expenditure? These numbers are making my brain go bananas! Can there be a more financial control in FM13? I am playing Chester in 2012 (Youth Career, no transfers) and these Other/Non-Football costs make the Balance go in red in no time! And don't tell me that I have to make friendlies in pre-season against top teams so the Balance won't go into red at the end of the season - this is ridiculous, no BSN/BSP team has 5-6 games in pre-season against Blackpools and Huddersfields.

Manchester United, October 2012 - Non-Football costs: 3,5 million pounds! Other Expenditure: 1.3 million pounds! What the hell are those? How am I supposed to earn money with clubs as Chester? You see, if it was real life then all this going into red would mean administration, no money to pay player wages, transfer embargo and even point deduction. But in FM the only answer to this is a "simple" Board takeover...

Please look onto this, clubs surely don't lose THAT much money. And there should be a way of handling such problems by the Board - they would tell me that I have to sell someone to have more money for example.

Sort the Finances out guys.

5. Make changes in pressing dynamics and implement various types of pressing (such as classic hunting pack, one on one pressing (or mirror formation), space flooding, single pivot pressing, brick/variable pivot hybrids...).

Some references for exactly what these are would be useful. I can't find anything written about any of them.

Well would'nt they hire trained good coaches rather than send ones for training?

Why would you go through the expense of hiring a really good coach for €250,000 when you can send a coach on a coaching course for €25k, for example?

If you have FaceGen faces and and pictures of kits, then why not combine them? Players move clubs and would always appear in their current club's jersey. For entertainment, why not throw in some suits and more casual clothing aswell.

in teamtalks i'd like to have the option to be able to talk to each player seperatly

you do - there are individual player talk actions next to their names, pre-match, half time and at full time!

BUT, I do think that rather than changing the slider bars for an individual player, it'd be much more realistic if you could give tactical talks to individual players, such as "pass the ball to XYZ when they are in space" or "whenever you get the ball, i want you to take a shot" or "dictate the pace of the game"

I do suspect this may cause some trouble with the player roles, however my understanding of the player roles is limited, and I dont always get the correct balance, so I tend not to fiddle with them much, but I know what I want each individual to do to play a good team game....

I have also been having a problem whereby I offer a player out on transfer for £0, yet I still get a message saying "teams X Y and Z feel they cannot afford the transfer fee as it is too high"

rather ridiculous result which needs to be sorted!

Some references for exactly what these are would be useful. I can't find anything written about any of them.

Sorry, most are direct translations from Croatian. I don't know correct English terminology so I will try to explain in descriptive manner. Main difference is designated target (ball, player or space) and designated point of ball retrieval (from player or in between two players).

1. Hunting pack - basic pressing procedure where multiple players try to corner player in possession (ball handler) and rest of the team concentrates around them leaving opposition players positioned in peripheral zones (peripheral to both ball handler and primary danger zones) unmarked. It is always used in combination with zonal marking and normal (or even light) tackling.

2. One on one pressing (or mirror formation) - this should be self explanatory, it's rarely seen thees days (usually by teams that are goal down in final minutes of the match). It always used in combination with man marking and hard tackling. Athletic Club used similar system in several Europa league matches this season with one major modification. F. Llorente would loosely mark both DCs this allowed Athletic to have spare man at the back.

3. Space flooding / space congestion - Only one (nearest) player presses the ball handler in attempt to force rushed/bad pass and rest of the team floods surrounding space in an attempt to cut the passing lanes. It always used in combination with zonal marking and light tackling. This method was developed during the 70s by T. Ivic in accordance with his belief that raising technical ability of the players dramatically reduced chances of retrieving the ball from ball handler (especially at the top levels of football) so he devised it in an attempt to retrieve the ball after it is passed, in space between opposition players. It is very demanding (almost fully dynamic formation, complex weighting of various field zones, difficult transitions into offense) but once properly implemented it is incredibly effective.

4. Single pivot pressing - similar to false pressing. Two flat banks of players stand of (one defends critical space in front of the goal other congests space in front of them) and single player up front presses ball handler.

5. Various brick/variable pivot hybrids - very similar to above (4). One player from the front bank, nearest to the ball handler, steps forward to challenge him. After the ball is passed he returns back in to the line and other player that is now nearest to the ball handler steps forward... There are numerous variations depending on team shape, type of forward used...

On top of these there is big difference between pressing in opposition half and pressing in own half (Croatian terms plitki or visoki presing and duboki presing). T. Ivic considered pressing in opposition half as better option as it's less demanding (condition wise), reduces time for opposition to transform, reduces number (and length) of passes necessary to create goal attempt... Chelsea from 2004 to 2007 is best example of team pressing in own half.

Hope this helps.

ps So do you agree that current implementation of pressing needs a thorough rework?

I would like to see a return of the History page to what it was previously on the likes of CM01/02. This means that it would count all appearances and goals in a season including cup, continental (only excluding friendlies) instead of the current situation where it only shows league appearances and goals. The current system is just not a fair representation of a player's season or career.

Also, can we please have an option to just entirely switch off press conferences. A lot of us don't answer many of them and set the assistant to attend but it is an annoyance to have your assistant constantly messing with your players when you don't even want the feature at all.

Agree entirely with both of these points

Archived