What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

A better way of telling us whats happening in both our own league an others we may be interested in. At the moment you can subscribe to the matches but we'll be inundated with inboxed messages for every match. I like to follow the league I'm in and the Premiership but find I get way too much infomation. Without subscribing though I feel everything bar whats happening at my club passes me by.

A weekly round up meassage would be nice simply showing the results and a league table.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AI managers should be more aware of attribute distribution of a player rather than only his PA to decide if he is the type of player the AI manager wants. If he is brave enough or strong enough, or, if he is decisive and good teamworking, or on any criteria, is what AI managers should take into consideration when it comes to buying players and building squad based on his individual tastes.

A weekly round up meassage would be nice simply showing the results and a league table.

Excellent idea! I agree with this, and a brief news piece with big news such as sendings off, injuries, and big goal scorers

you do - there are individual player talk actions next to their names, pre-match, half time and at full time!

BUT, I do think that rather than changing the slider bars for an individual player, it'd be much more realistic if you could give tactical talks to individual players, such as "pass the ball to XYZ when they are in space" or "whenever you get the ball, i want you to take a shot" or "dictate the pace of the game"

I do suspect this may cause some trouble with the player roles, however my understanding of the player roles is limited, and I dont always get the correct balance, so I tend not to fiddle with them much, but I know what I want each individual to do to play a good team game....

i meant before giving an overall or poiton def, mid, att overall team talk

I have mentioned the poor logic behind the teamtalk structure but was poo-pooed.

I hate the fact that I have to risk angering or confusing a player by selecting an overall teamtalk before I can speak to him, if one player put in a brilliant performance during a 4-0 defeat I'd like to praise him first before ripping into the other players.

I have a suggestion/question about club Finances. What the hell is Other and Non-Football costs in the Expenditure? These numbers are making my brain go bananas! Can there be a more financial control in FM13? I am playing Chester in 2012 (Youth Career, no transfers) and these Other/Non-Football costs make the Balance go in red in no time! And don't tell me that I have to make friendlies in pre-season against top teams so the Balance won't go into red at the end of the season - this is ridiculous, no BSN/BSP team has 5-6 games in pre-season against Blackpools and Huddersfields.

Manchester United, October 2012 - Non-Football costs: 3,5 million pounds! Other Expenditure: 1.3 million pounds! What the hell are those? How am I supposed to earn money with clubs as Chester? You see, if it was real life then all this going into red would mean administration, no money to pay player wages, transfer embargo and even point deduction. But in FM the only answer to this is a "simple" Board takeover...

Please look onto this, clubs surely don't lose THAT much money. And there should be a way of handling such problems by the Board - they would tell me that I have to sell someone to have more money for example.

Sort the Finances out guys.

The non costs cover things like staying in hotels ect.

My suggestions:

3d Stadium Editor. And put more flags, Banners around the pitch, more flares in the stands, in games in some places, like turkey, greece, argentina etc

Better sound in the stadium, more chants or a sound editor

More press interaction in big games, like champions league, derby games, etc.

New training system, the possibility to schedule some specific works, like tatical pratice, shooting, penalty kicks, attack x defense, etc

Indicate a position to the board and the board offer some players to choose.

In a race to championship/relegation we can see the main results in real time, like a tv coverage.

Warm up players before a substitution and we can select the velocity of that.

Ask a physio to increase the treatment in a player who you need to play.

And.. A TROPHY PRESENTATION, this could be fantastic if SI add in FM 13.

Etc... Sorry for the poor english. Cheers from Brazil!

Question/Suggestion. Does it make a difference where you play your football in the game, i.e irl the EPL is a lot different to Serie A, so different players would probably be better suited to one or the other. Likewise, La Liga is where a striker might go if he wanted to boost his goal scoring record (imo anyway). Are these cultural, tactical differences reflected in the game, do different leagues place different demands on players, do you need to consider whether the tricky winger with the awesome technique, but a strength rating of 5 is going to be suited by a freezing night oop north, or whether his success on the continent wont actually transfer to England, or is a great player a great player, regardless of where they're playing?

If it's not reflected i'd like to see different countries cultural differences, style of play, pitch differences, tactical demands, formations etc in the game :)

Oh and big thumbs up to the trophy presentation idea put forward above!

More stats.

In the 'Past Meetings' section id like to see your manager v the club your about to face in a head to head table. Same with manager v manager.

The media often highlight how teams dont do well v certain manager or vice versa and would be great to see this in the game.

Would like to see training camps as well, to boost team morale ahead of/during a season.

Question/Suggestion. Does it make a difference where you play your football in the game, i.e irl the EPL is a lot different to Serie A, so different players would probably be better suited to one or the other. Likewise, La Liga is where a striker might go if he wanted to boost his goal scoring record (imo anyway). Are these cultural, tactical differences reflected in the game, do different leagues place different demands on players, do you need to consider whether the tricky winger with the awesome technique, but a strength rating of 5 is going to be suited by a freezing night oop north, or whether his success on the continent wont actually transfer to England, or is a great player a great player, regardless of where they're playing?

If it's not reflected i'd like to see different countries cultural differences, style of play, pitch differences, tactical demands, formations etc in the game :)

The game tries to replicate different tactical styles but it sort of fails, what works in England will work in any other country but what works in Spain or Italy might not work in England because the English reliance on pacey wing play is the dominant tactic in FM.

The non costs cover things like staying in hotels ect.

You gotta be kidding me... 3.5 million pounds a month for staying in hotels and stuff like that??? With "Other Expenditure" that's almost 5 million pounds a month! 60 million a year! A new Wembley stadium costs less I guess! There really should be some financial help in the game - if a club loses money like Man Utd (60 million a year only for this stuff) - the Board MUST come to me and say - you have to sell 1-2 of your best players to gain some money for the club etc. Or something else that should help raise funds. My Chester is losing 35 grand a month - for what? 6th tier football, players don't eat and stay in hotels for 5 grand a week!

You could just use the 'Team Report' tab which gives you the 1st, 2nd & 3rd best players in each position on the strength overview page & lists every senior squad player capable of playing a specific position in order of ability on the position strength page.

rasenballsportleipzigte.png

This assumes that you're playing FM12.

An ability to sort by Ability comparison would be nice. i.e. Would they be your best centre back' date=' your 2nd best, your 5th???

At the moment we have to read each individual report.[/quote']

There's a team report - which shows you which players are the best, 2nd, and 3rd.

And it's customisable.

I have mentioned the poor logic behind the teamtalk structure but was poo-pooed.

I hate the fact that I have to risk angering or confusing a player by selecting an overall teamtalk before I can speak to him, if one player put in a brilliant performance during a 4-0 defeat I'd like to praise him first before ripping into the other players.

I 100% agree with you

Brilliant.

100% this.

Renewing staff contracts is the single most tedious and time-consuming task in the game.

:applause: DEFINITELY want this, staff contracts the single worst aspect of the game for me. It seems like you have to offer them a new contract every year to stop them leaving and offering 20+ contracts to staff is really really really dull.

Two small changes that would make a big difference for me:

1) A keyboard shortcut to minimise all the widgets in TV mode. It would be great to be able to quickly toggle into an unblocked screen during plays (and then use the same shortcut to restore them).

2) Make it easier to create links with a specified potential affiliate. Perhaps instead of having a large cooldown time after the board has told you your chosen club cannot be linked to, an instant alternate suggestion could be made. It's a little bizarre that the more freedom you are given to choose an affiliate, the harder it becomes to make an affiliation.

On a GUI note, it's great that you've given us customisable views, I really appreciate that in my game, BUT, you could do so much more here!

squad-overview.png

The above is an example of a squad screen I just stole from Google. In this specific example, why not introduce a drop-down menu for the squad status? Instead of having to navigate away to another screen to perform this trivial task, you could manage this from your own customised squad screen.

And this isn't the only opportunity for this. Transfer status, loan status, squad status, training schedules, PPM training and individual training could all be configured from a customised squad screen view - and they're just the ones I can think of, off the top of my head. This would be far easier than having to click on every player's page, and then navigate on from there to your desired view.

Also, allow us to type in numbers to a contract negotiation page! I don't want to have to spam the minus button to get an appearance fee to the right level! Just let us type it in!

You could just use the 'Team Report' tab which gives you the 1st, 2nd & 3rd best players in each position on the strength overview page & lists every senior squad player capable of playing a specific position in order of ability on the position strength page.

rasenballsportleipzigte.png

This assumes that you're playing FM12.

I mean in the player search for players I want to sign. I already know about my own team's strengths.

On a GUI note, it's great that you've given us customisable views, I really appreciate that in my game, BUT, you could do so much more here!

squad-overview.png

The above is an example of a squad screen I just stole from Google. In this specific example, why not introduce a drop-down menu for the squad status? Instead of having to navigate away to another screen to perform this trivial task, you could manage this from your own customised squad screen.

And this isn't the only opportunity for this. Transfer status, loan status, squad status, training schedules, PPM training and individual training could all be configured from a customised squad screen view - and they're just the ones I can think of, off the top of my head. This would be far easier than having to click on every player's page, and then navigate on from there to your desired view.

Also, allow us to type in numbers to a contract negotiation page! I don't want to have to spam the minus button to get an appearance fee to the right level! Just let us type it in!

You can do all those things by right clicking on the players name.

I mean in the player search for players I want to sign. I already know about my own team's strengths.

well you wont get this information unless you scout that player, and all scouts are going to have different opinions on where they lie.....

Surely that would be too easy. :D

I'd like the option to filter out your own staff in the staff search box.

What if you could ask the board to spend money constantly researching improvements to your youth and training facilities to permanently keep them at top level without having them periodically downgraded. This should be more expensive than downgrading then upgrading again, but at the benefit of not having a delay between the upgrade.

You can do all those things by right clicking on the players name.

That's my preferred way right now, but that still isn't convenient. Navigating the right click menu, and then a further sub menu is a hassle when you're dealing with an entire team. I hope this isn't coming across as a petty complaint, because this turns into quite a hassle when you've just taken over a club, or even between seasons when you're re-organising. A one click drop down menu would be an excellent, one touch gateway to organising a team.

Also, to emphasise, PPMs and individual training aren't on the right click menu (I realise you indicated that in your reply to me, but I thought I would point that out to anybody reading who missed the subtlety of your bolding).

What ever happened to the part in the Team Report where the Assistant Manager/whichever coach it was had a few recommended signings/areas where they thought you needed one? I rather liked that. It was often wrong, but still got me thinking on a few occasions. :confused:

Three things:

1. The option to talk to board and the chairman when they have accepted a bid for a player. Then you can have a chance to stop the board accepting bids for your best players.

2. As mentioned by a lot of others, more fuss when you win a trophy.

3. Your wages. As a manager in game, your earnings is merely superficial. It does not matter if you earn 50 or 50.000 pounds a week. You are still doing the job, managing the club you want to manage. And if you change clubs, it is not for the salary you get, it is because of what you get in transfer funds, a better squad etc.

FM is a sim and is trying to replicate the real world as best as it can. I would like that earnings and bonuses matter as well.

A suggestion towards this is as follows, with your earnings you can hire your own agents. Agents comes in different price ranges and qualities. So you get what you can afford. The benefit is that an agent can help you with many things.

He can negotiate a better contract with the club, he can search the market for clubs that are interested in appointing you, without upsetting your board, he can negotiate a good deal regarding transfer funds and salaries at the new club or the club you are at.

If you get an offer from another club, then you can send your agent talking to your board and ask if they can provide something extra if you decide to stay. That can be funds for a new striker, expanding the stadium, renewed contract, less interference and more power to you as a manager etc.

Your agent can also, depending on his status, have a good connection with other agents. That means you can get offered players first, before other clubs, and he can also check if there are interested buyers for some of your players for a prize you want to sell them for, without transferlisting them or upset them.

So the thing is the more you earn, the better agent/advisor can you get. But there can be pitfalls, you could end up with a greedy agent if you are unlucky.

It can also be if an agent you cant afford find you so talented that you are worth having, you could get him for a reduced price.

So, I think this could be a way to make earnings in the game actually matter a bit, and that it is important for you to get as good contract as possible.

well you wont get this information unless you scout that player, and all scouts are going to have different opinions on where they lie.....

Well duh!

You also get different scout opinions on ability and potential but you can still list then on the Player Search screen.

I also want my own personal ratings system, whereby I can put my own weightings toward attributes. And also have this rating(s) available on the player search list.

i'd like to see you given a job interview with whomever clubs chairman want you, similar to the press conferences with multiple choice answers, just something along the lines of if the chairman is abit of a tight wad you can say you'd only agree to take the job if he provides you with sufficient funds etc etc

i'd like to see you given a job interview with whomever clubs chairman want you, similar to the press conferences with multiple choice answers, just something along the lines of if the chairman is abit of a tight wad you can say you'd only agree to take the job if he provides you with sufficient funds etc etc

so you tell the chairman you will only join if he provides funds, he says no thanks, 'next please?' then you end up saying what you NEED to say to get hired, but not what you WANT to say because lets face it, if they bring this in, it wont be perfect in its first edition, and so it will ruin the enjoyment of the game as we find we can no longer get those jobs that we want as we clicked on the wrong answer and annoyed the chairman....

The Job Interview thing has promise.

But not as an interview.

They should be promises between manager and chairman.

"Transfer budget is €0 for the season"

"That's not enough to fulfill the "avoid relegation" you asked for"

"I'll review at next transfer window"

"I plan to clear deadwood to free up transfer funds"

"Ok we'll increase transfer budget, but reduce the amount of sales going back in"

"Would you like to keep backroom staff"

"No thanks I'll bring my own"

(all backroom staff mutually terminated automatically)

It has to work in a way that you have already got the job.

But you hash out agreements with the Board before being announced as manager.

You'll get some requests, you won't get others. But then you have to live up to that.

You could say

"If you give me transfer funds I'll finish mid-table" (instead of avoid relegation)

"Ok but if you don't you'll be sacked"

"Fair"

If you say you'll clear out Deadwood and you don't - then the Board might get angry and if you have a run of poor results you could be sacked.

It would give a better communication between player and board. That you can go in and hash out a deal, as long as you live up to your end of the bargain. If you don't, then you could get the chop.

But not as an interview.

They should be promises between manager and chairman.

"Transfer budget is €0 for the season"

"That's not enough to fulfill the "avoid relegation" you asked for"

"I'll review at next transfer window"

"I plan to clear deadwood to free up transfer funds"

"Ok we'll increase transfer budget, but reduce the amount of sales going back in"

"Would you like to keep backroom staff"

"No thanks I'll bring my own"

(all backroom staff mutually terminated automatically)

It has to work in a way that you have already got the job.

But you hash out agreements with the Board before being announced as manager.

You'll get some requests, you won't get others. But then you have to live up to that.

You could say

"If you give me transfer funds I'll finish mid-table" (instead of avoid relegation)

"Ok but if you don't you'll be sacked"

"Fair"

If you say you'll clear out Deadwood and you don't - then the Board might get angry and if you have a run of poor results you could be sacked.

It would give a better communication between player and board. That you can go in and hash out a deal, as long as you live up to your end of the bargain. If you don't, then you could get the chop.

Thats a fair way of doing it. I think that would work well. Also, that gives you something to aim for in a way, as you know what you have to do, and that you have the backing of the board, so when you DO sell someone to make room in the squad, or to make quick money, the board wont slam you for it.

I like this. :thup:

Massively increase Sponsorship offers/fees, friendly fees, kit sales, attendance, profile etc when you have a lot of really high profile players in your team. Perhaps in the off season have rival bids from, say America and the Far East, to get your team to tour there and play high profile friendlies. There must surely be a lot of money on offer to teams with truly elite players in them, perhaps enough to more than pay for the extravagant cost of signing an elite player if he continues to perform at a peak level.

Also if you are a team with a lot of big players and a lot of success, shouldn't a lot of Newgens coming into the game have you listed as a favourite team, manager, player etc even if they have nothing to do with the club. Lots of players grew up idolising someone, or would have loved to have played for a particular manager/club who were successful when they were growing up. I'd like to see your success have a lot more repercussions in the game.

A few more feature suggestions:

Allow you to search for staff with knowledge of a specific region/country in the staff search. Sure, filtering by "Based" sort of works, but the option to go after knowledge specifically would be very useful.

Expand players' interactions with the media by having them comment more on current events, form, the last game, the style of play etc. This sort of exists in the game already but the 'interviews' are just one line blurbs without much substance.

But not as an interview.

You have some good ideas, but why can't they be done as part of a job interview, but also as part of a pre-season meeting between you and the board if you're carrying on a job?

You haven't really offered a good reason why there shouldn't be job interviews.

Also if you are a team with a lot of big players and a lot of success, shouldn't a lot of Newgens coming into the game have you listed as a favourite team, manager, player etc even if they have nothing to do with the club. Lots of players grew up idolising someone, or would have loved to have played for a particular manager/club who were successful when they were growing up. I'd like to see your success have a lot more repercussions in the game.

I like this idea and it would be good to see it. Anything that gives your actions more weight in the game it good and goes a long way towards making it more realistic.

My suggestions:

3d Stadium Editor. And put more flags, Banners around the pitch, more flares in the stands, in games in some places, like turkey, greece, argentina etc

Better sound in the stadium, more chants or a sound editor

More press interaction in big games, like champions league, derby games, etc.

New training system, the possibility to schedule some specific works, like tatical pratice, shooting, penalty kicks, attack x defense, etc

Indicate a position to the board and the board offer some players to choose.

In a race to championship/relegation we can see the main results in real time, like a tv coverage.

Warm up players before a substitution and we can select the velocity of that.

Ask a physio to increase the treatment in a player who you need to play.

And.. A TROPHY PRESENTATION, this could be fantastic if SI add in FM 13.

Etc... Sorry for the poor english. Cheers from Brazil!

Agreed on the trophy presentation i'd love that feature, to be able to see my team lift the cup or the league.

When i hover over weekly wage, id like to see monthly amount and his year amount and otherway around for ppl who chose another way of display as main, as now its only possible by reloading settings

I mentioned it in the last thread ages ago, but being able to assign hot keys.

Press F1 and it takes you to your tactics

F2 takes you to transfer screen

F3 takes you to mails etc

I know there are hot keys already, but being able to assign the F-buttons would be cool/helpful (at least for me, I can never remember what the hotkeys are!).

I'd love to see an end to player tutoring; I just cannot believe it's anyway realistic.

How can you expect pro footballers to be bothered with formally tutoring a youth player? They probably train in different places, perhaps even in a different part of town for a start, and if they do train at the same place, it certainly wouldn't be on the same pitch even if it was at the same time. So are we to believe that they stay behind after their own training (wouldn't this affect their own rest and recuperation somewhat..) to work on improving some youth's game? It's just an absolutely bizarre concept to me. I've never had a first team player refuse either, (though of course lots of youths do, which again seems completely the wrong way round, given that the senior player would have to give up an enormous amount of time, effort and energy to try to help improve some random youth's game).

Really wouldn't first team players be busy? They are, at the top level anyway, multi millionaires who must have other things they would rather do or have to do - if they aren't working on their own game or having treatment, whether it's sponsorship demands, international commitments, golf to play, supermodels to date, time with their family etc or you know, just resting and preparing for an upcoming match.

I fully understand that some may choose to offer informal advice to a particular youngster, they might very well call on a reserve team player to get them to help improve the FIRST TEAM players' game, whether that's to send in crosses for a first team striker, or be goalkeeper for freekick training, which might very well indirectly help the young player to improve, but that would not be the main point of the exercise.

Yet in the game there is this regular, yearly, formal cross-squad (perhaps cross-town at a big club) tutoring link up. What's the point of youth coaches who's ENTIRE JOB it is to mentor and guide your young players, and yet they, bizarrely, apparently don't even have the ability to mentor someone?

One this last and final point, please can someone explain to me how a senior player in your squad, a legend in the game perhaps, can be a valuable experienced tutor for your yoof one day; yet perhaps even the next day, when he retires and ACTUALLY BECOMES A COACH, he magically loses his mystical ability to mentor someone, despite being paid full time to do just that?

It is an absolutely absurd feature imo, often seemingly random (oooooh I so hope they like each other....) and i'd guess, virtually entirely lacking in the real world, at least at the elite level. Please consider removing it!

Since this is a management game, i'd like to see more emphasis placed on the importance and value of the manager. If the number one player in the world was available, especially on a free, i'm pretty sure irl loads of ambitious clubs would be interested, even if they had a good player in that position, but in the game if you resign from your club and are the top manager in the world, you still have to wait for a club without a manager to approach you.

Should you not have a scenario where clubs, especially those with an ambitious president would approach you to sound you out about whether you would be interested even whilst they still have a manager in place. (you could have a press stories/speculation about it undermining the current man etc). If a club has a decent/competent manager in place, is it not still reasonable to expect that a lot of chairmen would like to upgrade (perhaps massively) if the opportunity to do so presented itself, and would absolutely want to find out if they could, but at the same time be content to continue with the current manager if they couldn't get the top man to agree to join?

One more thing on the role of a manager in the game, if you are on say 200,000 a week at a club, why would any chairman, especially at a big club think it remotely acceptable to offer you something like 20,000 to join their club? No player at the top of their game is going to accept a 1/10th of their previous salary, so why should a manager especially in a management game. Shouldn't chairmen go out of their way to get you, offering you a huge incentive to join their club?

''Yes we really want you to lead this club, you are the best manager in the world, but we want you to accept a contract that our reserve left back would deem laughably inadequate....''

Maybe a chance to get news about major transfers happening around the world, just like in old Champ Managers? A filter system based on the fee involved would be great, for example I could get news about transfers that pass £10M mark.

It might just be cosmetic, but I think that would make an interesting little addition to the game. :)

Bring back showing important fixtures like Champions League, Europa League or World Cup as they happen, I can remember it from FM 2007 IIRC and that was a great feature.

I'd also like to see various types of ball movement. There are only a few types of shots now: inside-curled long shots, Riise-ish thunderbolts, lobs and (especially in lower leagues) weak shots that go high and wide (or, rarely, surprise the keeper and go in). What about outside-curled shots? Knuckleballs? I'd like to see occasional rabonas too. That would make the game less predictable and would be a great fun to see various ball behavior, imagine those wonder goals that are impossible now due to match engine restrictions.

More response from the fans on the terraces. If a player becomes a legend or needs a few more games/goals to become a record holder or is leaving the club on transfer soon/retiring, a simple banner with his name on the terraces would be a great addition!

For example, if player "Stiker Footballman" becomes an icon/legend/has extremely good form that season, than a simple banner "Footballman" on the terraces would be great!

Something like this, just a white cloth and the player's name. Other banners with club names, nicknames etc. in club's colors would also be great.

l.jpg

One small, easily done thing that I would like to see to both increase the realism and make contracts a little easier would be the inclusion of one-year contracts with an optional second year. A lot of lower league clubs and I've always thought its absence a little strange.

it has been mentioned before. but anyway, long term saves are dull. the a.i. controlled top teams are not able to keep up. their squad get worse each year. this is the biggest issue i have with fm, and i.m.o should be top priority in the "what to improve" list.

at the start of the game teams such as man united, man city, chelsea, spurs have an incredibly strong squad. so it seems like a big challenge to pick up a weaker premier league or second division side, build them up to be as strong as the top sides and compete with them. but then the a.i. controlled top teams are not able to keep that high quality. they tend to play their overrated veterans too long (although this seems to be less of an issue in the last fm) and replace them with players who are obviously weaker and never will reach the level of these veterans in their prime.

eventually after a decade i have build up a squad about as strong as barcelona was at the start of the game. but then the a.i. controlled top teams have declined in quality. by then the top premier division sides are not much stronger then everton was at start (unless one of the a.i. teams was lucky and managed to build up a quality side by chance), while the quality at the bottom of the premier division has somewhat improved.

after a decade the whole game and everything i did up till then seems pointless and a big waste of time. by then i think to myself: "why did i bother to build up a barcelona quality squad, when my top rivals end up everton level? why should i keep playing, it's not challenging when my team is so much stronger. i've hit a dead end. time to uninstall the game and maybe try again next year."

This is a difficult one, and perhaps how I play the game. But whoever your rivals are in the league, be they relegation or promotion rivals, you know nothing about them. They're just a team on the fixture list. IRL you know the the make up of the teams around you, the form players etc, how they play, who is integral... maybe there could be an option to have post match news up dates on your chosen rival/s where form and style of play/ match specifics are mentioned without looking at their results or team page prior to the specific fixture.

It would give more of a rivalry or feeling of competition compared to a team with X amount of points near you in the table that you must finish above. Its all very cold so to speak.

E.g X team once again won with a convicing score line of 3-0 with two goals coming from their leading scorer X, 18 for the season, and another from striker Y, with 5 goals for the season. Z player was once again integral in the middle scoring a 8.1 rating for MOM with their form player A having an assist in all three goals from the wing. Rarely threatened at the back the counter attacking play... etc etc

Anyway, it gives a story to the game, more so than just a team X near you in the league...

Oh yes, something else about scouts... I'd like their own history page of players I have bought from their recommendations.

That a player can be recommended by more than one is fine, but I'd like to see who they have recommended and their currant and future ability ratings on a player stated at time of purchase to see how accurate they are.

And as mentioned before, I'd like to see what matches they go to, and that if I want to see them concentrate on U18 leagues doesn't mean they can't go see a league game mid week etc... and (!) that you can pick out specific fixtures for them to attend.

it has been mentioned before. but anyway, long term saves are dull. the a.i. controlled top teams are not able to keep up. their squad get worse each year. this is the biggest issue i have with fm, and i.m.o should be top priority in the "what to improve" list.

at the start of the game teams such as man united, man city, chelsea, spurs have an incredibly strong squad. so it seems like a big challenge to pick up a weaker premier league or second division side, build them up to be as strong as the top sides and compete with them. but then the a.i. controlled top teams are not able to keep that high quality. they tend to play their overrated veterans too long (although this seems to be less of an issue in the last fm) and replace them with players who are obviously weaker and never will reach the level of these veterans in their prime.

eventually after a decade i have build up a squad about as strong as barcelona was at the start of the game. but then the a.i. controlled top teams have declined in quality. by then the top premier division sides are not much stronger then everton was at start (unless one of the a.i. teams was lucky and managed to build up a quality side by chance), while the quality at the bottom of the premier division has somewhat improved.

after a decade the whole game and everything i did up till then seems pointless and a big waste of time. by then i think to myself: "why did i bother to build up a barcelona quality squad, when my top rivals end up everton level? why should i keep playing, it's not challenging when my team is so much stronger. i've hit a dead end. time to uninstall the game and maybe try again next year."

definitely agree, if only one thing could be improved, it should be this imo.

Ehem, this is the Everton who had champions league form since January right?

haha, i guess your revering to my post. anyway, i didn't intend to degenerate everton. i used them as an example of a very strong side, just below the top dogs. everton was the first to come into my mind. could just as well been newcastle.

Archived