What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading all of the first page, I sadly don't have the time to read the other 4 as it would take forever. Apologies if what I say has been said before..

Inbox

A number of posts say "increase the number of news items from 225", I agree with this, however there is the issue of by how much and how this would affect your game performance as a lot of the items regard trivial things that you might not need and may slow down your game. Instead a much simpler idea would be to "flag" or "save" certain news items you wish to keep with the right mouse button which can be accessed either by using the filter or on your profile page under "flagged/saved news items".

Managerial Job Process

I have said for previous games that having an interview for the managers job would be a fantastic idea, of course you would need to be shortlisted by the club and be asked to speak to them rather than just "Club X wants you to become their manager - negotiate contract". Which brings me onto another point regarding your contract, all that you can negotiate is the salary and length when in reality you actually have a meeting regarding what your expectations may be and what the clubs expectations of you may be. As well as this there is also the matter of transfer funds/wage budget or even the board committing to improving the training facilities before you agree to sign a deal with them. Use Mark Hughes as an example - he wanted assurances from Tony Fernandes that he would have the funds in place to improve the squad before he agreed to become QPR's manager.

Manager/Coach Qualifications

Qualifications are key when it comes to being a manager, you could simplify this by using managerial qualifications in a tutorial system for people new to the game which can be saved to their manager profile when creating a new manager. The more qualified you are the more likely you are to be given an interview at a top club, (although nothing compares to experience and trophies). Same with coaches and other backroom staff - sending them to seminars and conferences could, and should improve their ability as coaches.

Attributes

These are key to any player or any member of staff obviously but it just seems too easy when it comes to identifying a player or staff member to sign. Why do staff members even have attributes to display? IMO it makes it too easy for people to identify coaches, physios and especially scouts - all you do is filter for JPA/JPP and sign the first candidate that is interested with reasonable wage demands. In all honesty I have no idea how to improve it, but it needs a refresh.

I think a dynamic PA should be introduced. You see players like Chris Smalling coming from non-league to Man Utd and flourishing because of the standard of league and players around him aswell as the coaching staff and training facilities. As well as players like Scott Parker who fell out of favor at Chelsea and knocked about a few clubs before finding his feet at Spurs. This would make any player a potential superstar (which is the way it is in real life) providing the right set of circumstances are in place.

Training

I was listening to Brendan Rodgers talk about when Swansea were 1-0 up with 10 mins to go and they just couldn't keep the ball, eventually drawing the game 1-1. He said that the next week in training he focused on the players retaining possession and the next game they were 1-0 up with 10 to play and won the game 2-0 because the players had put into practice what they had learned on the training ground. "Match Preparation" was a great addition to the FM series but it is far too simple and needs to be improved. We, the managers, need more control over players training rather than a bunch of slide bars and a training report. It would be much better if we could conduct training ourselves such as set pieces and passing, IMO it would give everyone a much better feeling of satisfaction seeing that the time you spent on certain areas during training could make the difference during the match and make it much more enjoyable in the long run.

Interactions

As it has been said so many times I'll simply say this needs changed. Press conferences and private chats are far too predictable and are identical for most situations.

Board interactions are also frustratingly predictable.

Transfers

This year saw the most ridiculous jump in transfer fees I've experienced in Football Manager. An example, there was a regen who was only 15 and had signed a pre-contract with his club. He was worth 800k, but my scout report said that they would only accept a minimum of 15m and a max of 21m.. for a 15 yearold!? On top of the fact that he was playing for a 2nd division Italian team who's finances were "In-Debt". I understand the AI get values based on CA/PA but that is horrendous. Who's to say he will even reach his PA? You see teams like Newcastle who have signed players such as Cabaye (£4.1m) and Tiote (£3.5m) who are both internationals. Then Nick Powell from Crewe to Man Utd for £4m potentially rising to £6m, and Jordan Rhodes who is tipped to be an amazing player only valued at £8m by his club. The amount of money clubs want for their players is ridiculous and needs looked at. (First and last rant of this post.)

Misc

I didn't know which to put this under, but whenever there is a young player at a smaller club, no matter how obscure the club, that is a wonder kid, big AI clubs swoop in and snatch him up on a pre-contract, this hardly ever happens and even then why if they are so young are their parents not involved (you could put them as the agent). There have been events in the past where some kids have rejected Man Utd and Chelsea because they want to focus on school first or in Nick Powell's case he was reluctant (but eventually signed after a chat with Alex Ferguson) because he didn't want to end up as a flop like so many other youngsters at bigger clubs.

Fix attendances for lesser nations.

E.g. in my game in Slovakia I qualify for Euro cup.

1,000 or so people come to see villarreal but then next week 3,000 will come to watch me dispatch a non-league team in the domestic cup?

It might be something simple, but it doesn't make sense to have average European attendance to be 20% of your domestic attendance.

1) Managers should be able to select a penalty taker after the kick is awarded.

2) As others have suggested, managers ought to be able to dictate that a first team player made available for reserve team duties to get match fitness is actually picked in the reserve team.

3) In general, the board shouldn't let a manager sign new players when it would put him/her over his/her wage budget. I'm already over my wage budget, the club is in debt and losing money, and I can still add to the wage bill by signing new players on free transfers. In reality, the board would surely block such signings.

Perhaps there should be an option to beg the board to permit a specific signing (in addition to the general request to expand the wage budget), but, in general, the wage cap ought to be strictly enforced, such that new signings are barred, particularly when a club is in debt and losing money.

Ok something simple, in your profile panel how about having a career earning attribute, easily done and one of the little things that is a nice touch.

In the scouting options instead of choosing to scout a player for 1, 2 or 3 matches have a drop down to choose more options i.e.: quick scout 1,3,5,10 games or deep scout for 3-12 months/rest of season.

Have option to have an agent for yourself to deal with your own contract and/or behalf of yourself when in negotiating with agents you may of caused bad relations with in past dealings.

Make it more in depth for preseason training i.e.: expand the pre season tour so you can choose the purpose of tour if you go for a moneymaker then you would have options in asia, far east, north american markets that would entail more matches needed to be played and promotional days allocated as well but you'd receive more money as a result or if its fitness as the main reason then your options would be in countries closer to home and the players wouldn't have to play as many matches but have more specific fitness training and would as a result have slightly better overall fitness during the course of the season, and lastly team bonding using this option would put you on a normal pre season but more emphasis put on the players integrating with each other helping new signings blend quicker with current squad, you could organise a golf weekend in portugal or a cultural visit to athens, this could be done in any country though.

Youth development officer in staff basically a head youth coach who will be the one who will give you regular updates on youth team players possible additions to the youth team and wether the players are ready to be integrated into the squad need to go on loan, offing opinions on staff in his department if they are not good enough then he might offer an alternative, obviously the better his stats the better informed his opinions are.

Medical department have a head doctor who over sees the rest and he can give updates on how the department is working and if they need extra help as it is to small or if a member of staff isn't unto the required level also potentially giving advice on training programs if you get injures regularly to certain players.

If you have a director of football at the club they should be more invasive on your job as should a general manager, depending on their character they could be helpful more background work do as you ask or they could be more pro active and go over your head on somethings i.e.: set up the preseason for you make media statements regarding transfer targets or even in extreme cases take transfer dealings away from you or just give you a choice from a list of targets he has decided on for certain positions which he will negotiate the transfer for.

Apologies if this has already been said but so much to read through but had to write this down...

Scouting

I think it would be awesome if there was an option for video scouting (or if it was just part of every single scout report) So that the scout would go and scout, for example, Neymar, and in his report it would have all the usual things but it would also have an option you can click that says "video footage" and it would highlight his latest game or a good goal he has scored, something along those lines. So it may only be applicable to players that play in a league you have active.

In real life managers are able to see this kind of thing and i reckon it would be a cool and realistic (in both doable and adding realism to the game) addition to future FM games.

When a player gets taken off injured mid game, would be a nice to be able to see a preliminary physio report. This could also be applied if a player has a minor i njury and the manager has to decide whether to keep the player on.

I think the idea of an interview process for a job would be really good. This could also link in with the possible chairmen profile, to ensure that your ideas are in harmony with the clubs plans for the future. This would make it harder to get the really big jobs, which at the moment seem to come around every other season without much effort

Also, the idea of a reference from previous chairmen could come into this. When you apply for a job your CV and all of that is used in the interview. A good performance in a previous job would mean a good reference etc

Here's a few random thoughts :

When looking for an affiliated club, it would be nice to be able to indicate to the Board a zone or country (instead of choosing a club directly)?

Also, it's kinda hard to guess if the club we propose as a real chance to accept to be affiliated or not, so some indicator showing the "chances of succes" would be nice.

Otherwise some reorganisation in the scouts page would be very interesting. As soon as you have more than 6-7 scouts it gets kinda hard to keep it clear.

If we could "sort" the scouts ourselves (for example, puting the ones scouting zones first, then the ones scouting countries or leagues, etc... that's just an example tho)

Being able to modify where we sent a scout or to check the filters we gave him (i.e. 2 guys scounting england, but one only the under20... can't see which one i chose for that task earlier...)

thx

I think the most important thing to sort out are two things in the match engine.

1. Goalkeepers currently dont make fouls, the only way they can get sent off is through a glitch where they carry the ball outside the area.

2. Handballs are far too rare and need to be included more.

I think the most important thing to sort out are two things in the match engine.

1. Goalkeepers currently dont make fouls, the only way they can get sent off is through a glitch where they carry the ball outside the area.

2. Handballs are far too rare and need to be included more.

Good suggestions! I think I've seen only two or three handballs even after playing a couple of decades.

I see handball decisions all the time, I do tend to watch the full match though so that might have something to do with it.

Include enough players from every country (no matter how obscure they are) to be able to manage them or at least create a club with just these players in it. Examples are the virgin islands and tuvalu.

Here's my (short) list:

1) Less "Offside/Foul Goals". These happen at least once a match, and the linesman are all incredibly slow to react to the situation. Also, when they show a replay of the goal to show with the coloured lines that it was offside, these lines are produced at often the wrong time, and may often show the attacker on-side, although at the wrong time.

2) Goalkeeper fouls. I have never seen a 1-on-1 in FM where the GK takes out the attacker and gets sent off. This happens relatively often url, and although it would be incredibly annoying if it happened to me, I would like to see this in the game.

3) Players heading the ball. Whenever the ball is bouncing after a mucked-up clearance, etc. the player nearest the ball, no matter what situation he is in, HAS to head the ball (usually to an opponent). I know I would control it in a Sunday League game, and I'm sure World-Class defenders would as well.

4) Revamp Team Meetings/Backroom Advice. They are all almost identical every time, and in Team Meetings, you can only say one thing, ask players to respond, and then say "That's exactly the reaction I was after". Both of these features should be more like conversations, so for example, if a Coach says "x should be trained to do y", another Coach should maybe say "Oh yeah, and I think it would be ideal for him to tutor z".

5) Bring back the ability to "Go On Holiday" during a match. Often I accidentally play a player with 70% condition, something real managers would have obviously considered more carefully, but I have to watch my players lose instead of quickly fixing it.

6) Team Talks. Even with all the new "tones", the options are still just about as limited, and what's more, the only thing that seems to have effect pre-match, is saying to them all (individually) "you have faith". Also, the captain does often talk, and so maybe should also say something during team talks, along with other individuals, depending on their character, to try to influence the team.

7) Motivation Sidebar In-Game. Things such as "Sent off early on", "Mistake lead to goal" ARE NOT MOTIVATIONS. If someone gets sent off, I would perhaps like to see him "distraught at letting his team-mates down" so I can decide his punishment.

8) Assistant Feedback In-Game. He gives quite a lot of feedback, but never gives solution to things, and perhaps the quality of his solution should be affected by his CA. In addition, I am currently playing with Stoke, and playing a "More Direct" Passing Game. However, my assistant (Jair Ventura if anybody wants to know) has to suggest to me EVERY GAME that we "play a more direct passing game" HOWW???????? Enlighten me mighty Jair.

9) Press Conferences. Press conferences are so repetitive, yet I have to do them, since my ass man nearly always ****s them up. The "New Job" Press Conference is identical every time. Some more questions and more possible answers would be good.

10) The Board. How much influence does the Board actually have, apart from hiring/sacking us, and accepting/rejecting a request???? Their CA seems to have nothing to do with it. It's just about whether you can convince them, and then whether they have the money. I would like to see them having more influence in the game, like signing players without asking you, etc.

11) Strikers. Every striker for me seems to end up as a Poacher. I had Lacina Traore, who is 6"8', and an insane Target Man. In his 2nd season, all my coaches said that his best role is "Poacher", even though the attribute said otherwise. Bizarrely, although he scored 50 goals last season as a Target Man, he scored only 10 in 30 games, and scored 27 in the other 30-odd, whilst playing as a poacher, even though he, like Crouch *cough* Heskey *cough*, Carroll, etc. most definitely is not.

12) Ball Boys. Since when do professional footballers have to go off and collect the ball when it goes out????

13) Technical Area. I would perhaps like to see myself and other managers and coaches roam around the technical area, shouting instructions at players like in real life.

14) Player Search. If I look for a DC, for example, I click on the "Quick Search" Defenders, and change the "All Defenders" to "Defender Centre". Then, for example I try to search for a MC, using the same method. However, when I click on "Midfielders" it always asks me if I want to "Save the Filter" NOOO!!!! I DONT!!!!. Just add a "Save Filter" button.

15) Player Interest. News should come up about increasing interest for players. Even though I always try to have scouts on every region, I always seem to miss out on some gems. For example, in-game, if I subscribed to Neymar, I would only get messages when there's a bid, contract talks, and when he's signed. As a big club I would be keeping tabs on all the big players, and maybe this could be implemented in the Transfer Rumours section, which is practically redundant (apart from for City, who seem to make an offer for each one of my players brought up in the rumours section)

16) Pre-Season. I get my Ass Man to organise my Pre-Season Friendlies, and they are almost always completely random. Many big clubs go on money-making tours to commercial areas such as the Far East, and it would be good if this could be implemented.

17) Substitutions. Far too often I make a substitution, such as bringing on an extra attacker as we are drawing after 70 mins. Before he comes on, we score, and although I would like to go more defensive, I end up having 3 strikers for the next 20 mins, trying to protect a one goal lead. If we could go back and change our substitutions before they actually occur, I would be grateful.

18) Managerial Interviews. Whilst applying for a job, you should have an interview with the chairman. If he decides to offer you a contract, you should be able to put clauses such as "Must Improve Training Facilities this year" or "Continental Qual. this year or sacked", etc.

19) Kits. Kits should change every year, unless the club announces that this new kit is for two years. Arsenal's away/third kits have changed really dramatically over the last decade, and it would be nice to see this in game.

20) Retirement. Be able to convince players (Zidane, for example) to come out of or delay their retirement. In addition, players need to take coaching badges before being employable. Therefore, when they take a badge, their attributes should go up as they will have improved. Do they ever go up anyway??? I know they have a CA and a PA, but I don't remember ever seeing any coaches attributes change.

Development curves in order to create variation in players. In real life you get late bloomers, early peakers, guys who peak early and maintain it, guys who peak mid 20's and maintain it, guys who peak mid 20's and fall away. In fm everyone peaks by 23 and stays there for 8-9 years. i Want to be able to see stories of players like Luca Toni on fm, or Shola ameobi (peaked very early and fell away).

I think it would remove a lot of arguments about CA/PA as the main issue with it is players hit their PA so early and maintain it, it seems ridiculous they wouldn't improve. having players who hit this level briefly, or late in their careers would make the system far more flexible.

12) Ball Boys. Since when do professional footballers have to go off and collect the ball when it goes out????

I'd go a little further than that, how many matches do you see where they're not using the multi-ball system?

I'm not sure if he takes the same approach but David Moyes used to change between a single match ball (bag of spares by the 4th official) & the multi-ball system dependant on what tactic he was using for any given match; high tempo attacking tactic = multi-ball, defend at all costs & break up the low of the game = single ball.

I'd go a little further than that, how many matches do you see where they're not using the multi-ball system?

I'm not sure if he takes the same approach but David Moyes used to change between a single match ball (bag of spares by the 4th official) & the multi-ball system dependant on what tactic he was using for any given match; high tempo attacking tactic = multi-ball, defend at all costs & break up the low of the game = single ball.

He's just exploiting the match engine. :D

Some good posts and I didn't read them all. Suggestions, ok.

1/ 3d match engine, don't have invisible walls of treakle, players that run away from the ball, players that watch the ball go past themselves with an attitude of the catatonic, many more, just have an attempt at least a trip or stumble, something.

2/ I sometimes just sell a player because they are constantly bad at training, they get upset, I end up putting them in the reserves with them defecting every offer. Cannot I tell them remember the past 20weeks telling you to step up training or your gone, that day has come, maybe it would be a turning point and change their workeffort.

Just get the parts of the game working together; not acting as separate modules. Don't have anything in the game that does not actually contribute to the whole. As already pointed out many "features" of the game are just eye candy.

Improve the AI and the match engine before anything else.

FM12 lost something for me, hard to put my finger on it, but I want to get the buzz back :)

My Idea for the next version of game is why not shortlist staff so that you can keep a list of physiotherapist you might want to hire, or keep a list of coaches or scouts you many want to hire, so you do not need to use external method such as pen and paper or a word processor to store and search again.

Also, as I thought for this version why not synchronise the assignments for the coaches between the first team and youth so you do not have to assign the coach twice.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours

Farhan

I would like to assemble a team of backroom staff that i can automatically take with me, when accepting a job at another club. Its not unusual to see managers taking their assistant and some coaches with them - rather than trying to re-sign them myself, have it as part of the deal with the new club.

just wanted to further add to these i like.

6) Team Talks. Even with all the new "tones", the options are still just about as limited, and what's more, the only thing that seems to have effect pre-match, is saying to them all (individually) "you have faith". Also, the captain does often talk, and so maybe should also say something during team talks, along with other individuals, depending on their character, to try to influence the team.

I'd also like to add that they are a bit tricky in the wording. I often go to tell them I'm very happy and i tell them I'm very angry instead.

11) Strikers. Every striker for me seems to end up as a Poacher. I had Lacina Traore, who is 6"8', and an insane Target Man. In his 2nd season, all my coaches said that his best role is "Poacher", even though the attribute said otherwise. Bizarrely, although he scored 50 goals last season as a Target Man, he scored only 10 in 30 games, and scored 27 in the other 30-odd, whilst playing as a poacher, even though he, like Crouch *cough* Heskey *cough*, Carroll, etc. most definitely is not.

Also every new regen keeper with potential seems to be between 5'10" and 6'1"

Not only this but it sometimes cancels out a key moment due to the long time it takes.

17) Substitutions. Far too often I make a substitution, such as bringing on an extra attacker as we are drawing after 70 mins. Before he comes on, we score, and although I would like to go more defensive, I end up having 3 strikers for the next 20 mins, trying to protect a one goal lead. If we could go back and change our substitutions before they actually occur, I would be grateful.

Should be on the side bar, in game, with a big pause button. You could quick cancel 1-3 subs right there.

19) Kits. Kits should change every year, unless the club announces that this new kit is for two years. Arsenal's away/third kits have changed really dramatically over the last decade, and it would be nice to see this in game.

I was always wondering if there could be a mini in game editor/skins cancel out feature for this suggestion.

It's great that we can make our own and download everything but when i'm editing my clubs kits myself just for an aesthetic purpose, it's meaningless. Ive actually removed the kits from the graphics folder cause it's just too tedious and often causes color conflicts.

There isn't one of us who would really care if a jersey was slightly different for one or even 2 seasons. It would make being able to select a design after more respect is earned that much better.

In these Euro2012 times. I would like a scenario mode in addition to the main game. A mode that makes you able to play historical tournaments with the real players. A kind of "can you change history"-mode.

Think of how great it would be to load up the world cup in Mexico in 1986 and try to win it with Brazil for example. With socrates and Zico and all their players. Or to see how far you can take Canada in that championship.

Other examples could be the first world cup or Euro 96 in England.

The aim with this is both to be able to have a quick game within certain boundaries and to play with former star footballers.

I think this could be a great feature for future online games. You can arrange with your mates to play WC1986 tonight, pick your teams and actually be able to play through the tournament in one evening.

All of us regular gamers will still have our regular career saves, but I think this could've been an interesting addition. You can play through one tournament and you can manage former heroes. Everthing is locked so you have to start with the original squads.

If this was to be implemented, it could also be a possibilty to create your own scenarios. Like the cup winners cup in 94 or the FA cup in 58. You choose a team, you have their original squad and you see how far you can get.

In these Euro2012 times. I would like a scenario mode in addition to the main game. A mode that makes you able to play historical tournaments with the real players. A kind of "can you change history"-mode.

Think of how great it would be to load up the world cup in Mexico in 1986 and try to win it with Brazil for example. With socrates and Zico and all their players. Or to see how far you can take Canada in that championship.

Other examples could be the first world cup or Euro 96 in England.

The aim with this is both to be able to have a quick game within certain boundaries and to play with former star footballers.

I think this could be a great feature for future online games. You can arrange with your mates to play WC1986 tonight, pick your teams and actually be able to play through the tournament in one evening.

All of us regular gamers will still have our regular career saves, but I think this could've been an interesting addition. You can play through one tournament and you can manage former heroes. Everthing is locked so you have to start with the original squads.

If this was to be implemented, it could also be a possibilty to create your own scenarios. Like the cup winners cup in 94 or the FA cup in 58. You choose a team, you have their original squad and you see how far you can get.

I have something similar:

Why not be able to play with the stars from the past, transfer and play them etc.? I'd love to see a FM edition that includes a database with the players and clubs from the 50s to the 90s. And scenarios based on the history. Can-you-change-history scenarios (these must obviously be challenging and more likely to fail than to succeed) or repeat-history scenarios. Akin to the Out of The Park baseball management simulation game.

Continuing with scenarios. there are some very interesting scenarios that currently already exist. For example bringing back River Plate from the Nacional B to the Primera División or bring back Deportivo La Coruña to its former glory.

I would also like to point something out when it comes to tendencies in where clubs get there players from. Things seem to be changing somewhat but you can't deny that most of the things will always remain the same.

When it comes to scouting a player and bringing him to the club, not many players from the UK would go to the Primera División. There are notable exceptions but that's all what they really are. Spanish clubs wouldn't scout very often for UK talent. Besides that the UK has a poor reputation when it comes to youth development. Not so Spain or The Netherlands (Holland for some of you).

Dutch league clubs have a tendency to scout in Scandinavia (primarily Sweden and Denmark) and bring players from there. Dutch youth players would mainly choose to stay in The Netherlands because of the youth development, although there are some that choose to go to a Premier League club because they believe they are superhot prospects (and eventually fail: Patrick van Aanholt and Quincy Owusu-Abeyie).

I would like these tendencies to be represented in the game because they are about how clubs choose to scout and look for new talent and replacements for players who are leaving. It has to do with money because the expect players from these countries to be cheaper and it has to do with what players think of their future and consider what would benefit them most (or what would pay them the most if they're cocky and arrogant youngsters).**

**Maybe it should also be implemented in the game that there are players who are all in it for the bling-bling, money and lifestyle as a personality trait that affects what they ask for in contract negotiations.

I don't know if it has already been mentioned or not.

But would love to see the choices from media interaction increased/varied.

Questions to be varied.

Every year,its changed a bit and that makes the players go through taking press conferences for a while and then it gets boring and everyone stops.

Maybe have a system where you can write your answer along with a few key words that determine the reaction from the media personnel?

Also would love to see player personalities in action,with problems from their personal life-Balotelli-Tevex esque.

As in not just them complaining about regular first team football even when there role says they are backup.

Also make the training a bit more interactive,so that everyone has to go through it keenly--I used to love the old training part.

Also a bit of a chance to do something with the money the managers earn,atm,I choose the lowest of the low I can in order to increase my wage budget,I would not do that if I was a real manage would I?

Make the scouts and assistants judge a player not on his CA/PA bUT his Ca/Pa to a relative position.

E.g.-not say Zaha has the potential to be a BPL player,but that he has the ability to excel in a winger role as he has the attributes to match your playing style.

This is because most of the time my scouts find wingers lacking speed,even though my team is based on playing with speed.And I have to search through players myself.Annoying.What good are the scouts then anyways.

Maybe they could even learn from the type of players I buy for a position.

1)Dynamic club rivalries. For example if I am Swansea for example and I start to get to a stage where every year its Man City and myself fighting for the title we should become fierce rivals. Or other rivalries could die down over time.

2)I reckon it would be nice to play as a manager already existing. so you can take over a club and continue with the manager they currently have and his reputation. or take over a manager out of work and get a job matching his real life rep.

3)5. Promotions - Again, in MLB you can schedule matchday promotions. SI, you should give us the option on the calendar screen, to select a date, choose a promotion (Trivia Night, Soccerball Special, Awards night, Jersey giveaway etc) Let us choose the date. Say i want a Soccerball special. I should be able to choose the quantity of soccerballs given out at the front of the stadium for a certain day, thus attracting bigger crowds for future games. Whilst im at it, LET US CHANGE ACTUAL TICKET PRICES! - Yes, id like to see ticket prices being altered and Season Ticket prices.

4)More Control over ticket prices etc. to maneuver finance.

These are not mine and some of the ideas I have seen others put forward in other forums which I liked.

Cheers.

A small thing, but I think it would be a nice touch if players in Italy called you ''mister'' rather than ''boss'' when you are speaking to them; I don't know if Spain or Germany, say, have any different terms for the manager, but I think it would be a nice thing to emphasise that you are in a different country and culture.

I would like a better way of evaluating staff who applied for my job openings. I have no idea if they also have some potential left to improve themselves etcetera. Will they get any better by time? Maybe some sort of mouth-to-mouth reputation may come in handy. Then you could rely on your backroom staff and although they make suggestions for staff, they don't exactly point you to talented backroom staff who have a lot of potential. You never know who you'll get.

Can this get improved?

I would like to have the below new features in the FM 2013 game:

1. New hairstyles in the 3D match engine such as long ponytail, medium ponytail, long hair using the hair tie, medium hair using the hair tie.

2. New preferred moves such as the wind up opponent, try tricks, get crowd going, like to beat man repeatedly.

3. New realistic animation such as:

surrounded by two players,

juggling the ball,

scoring between the goalkeeper's leg,

scoring a goal such as Drogba's goal in the European Champion Cup final stage versus FC Bayern.

4. Staff such as the manager, assistant manager, etc., on the outside/beside of the pitch.

5. Better offside trap animation.

6. Animation of the trophy lifting when winning a league or a cup.

7. More detail training schedule.

8. New animation of the scrambling the ball on the air.

The most wanted is the new realistic animations like the real match or at least similar to FIFA2012 game more or less.

Motion capture is better animation than the traditional one.

Situational awareness on comments in media is needed in my opinion. I tend to take a jab at whoever is in charge of Real Madrid and their title chances whenever they lose, but it doesn't seem to matter when the comment is made. Though this is present with positive comments on player form in press conferences.

On top of this, would it even be possible that managers get rated for their tactical choices? This way there could be media questioning some specific choices. Now it only seems to be related to fixture congestion and resting several regular starters.

So something along the lines of the following would be nice to see. "On the back of Los Blancos surprise defeat to Alcorcon Mr. X decided to throw more fuel to the fire by questioning the tactics of José Mourinho for the match and also their title chances." Tough to keep track of all the suggestions, so I don't know if specifically this has been already suggested...

I haven't read through the whole list of ideas so pardon me if someone has already said this. I would like a feature that would allow me to have what we in America call a "Fantasy Draft". This would be a game mode you would be able to select while your creating your game, and what it would do is take all the players in the database and make them free agents. Then depending on which league you choose you would have a draft so that every single team in the league will fill their roster up before the season starts. This feature though would turn off all other leagues in the world, and would only allow one tier of which ever country you select. But international games would still go on so at least that aspect of the game would not go away. And maybe as an extra, you could have an option where you could create your own fantasy league by having different clubs from around the world in your 20-30 team league.

I know you could probably do this in the editor, but to have a feature like this built in already would be great. Any true football manager player knows as it comes to this time of the year when we start the countdown to the next football manager game we tend to look for a new type of save to play. And with it being so easy by just clicking a button when you start your game I could see it becoming a very fun save to play.

Here is my suggestion, hope no one mentioned it yet:

Not a biggie, but still would be useful, better search options in the editor... Searching people by contract's expiring date and searching clubs/nations without a manager to be able to edit it...

Thanks

Recycling player images for newgens!

I asked about this in the skinning forum, but there doesn't seem to be a way.

Anyhow, I much prefer using real pictures of players, and I find the generated newgen faces to be a bit lackluster. With real faces, you can recognize a face at a glance, and that helps create the illusion of a real breathing football league.

What I would like to see would be an option for FM2012 to use existing faces from the database (already with the game or through mods) and use these for newgens instead.

This could probably be filtered, so that English newgens will keep getting faces from retired, more obscure players with English nationality and so on. Real world superstars could be filtered away as they might break the illusion a bit if they keep showing up. Some of these mod packs have over a hundred thousand pictures, and I think this is a massive resource that can breathe some extra life into these newgens. Would something like this be relatively easy to implement? It would greatly boost my immersion to the game, and it helps make the newgens feel like 'real' players as well.

Feedback welcome! :)

I would very much like to see support for my 180x140 facepacks in the default skins in future versions of FM. Now they get shrinked or you have to find workarounds that usually mess up stuff. Can't understand why you changed it in the first place.

I suggest the implemetation of player concerns for being played out of position. Just like they approach you when they want a new contract or when they're not being used regularly, they could also tell you that they don't like being played in a certain position. Some players have stated this before.

Examples:

- Robben not wanting to play on the left

- Sneijder only wanting to play on the centre

- Bosingwa and Miguel Veloso said numerous times they don't want to play as a left-back

Recycling player images for newgens!

I asked about this in the skinning forum, but there doesn't seem to be a way.

Anyhow, I much prefer using real pictures of players, and I find the generated newgen faces to be a bit lackluster. With real faces, you can recognize a face at a glance, and that helps create the illusion of a real breathing football league.

What I would like to see would be an option for FM2012 to use existing faces from the database (already with the game or through mods) and use these for newgens instead.

This could probably be filtered, so that English newgens will keep getting faces from retired, more obscure players with English nationality and so on. Real world superstars could be filtered away as they might break the illusion a bit if they keep showing up. Some of these mod packs have over a hundred thousand pictures, and I think this is a massive resource that can breathe some extra life into these newgens. Would something like this be relatively easy to implement? It would greatly boost my immersion to the game, and it helps make the newgens feel like 'real' players as well.

Feedback welcome! :)

I think I'd find it weird having actual player faces on newgens, even if they were obscure. Not as weird as the old user submitted pictures, mind you. Not sure if your idea would bring up copyright issues either?

The thing I love most about newgens is they are completely specific to your game. No one else has ever had that striker who become a legend for your club, or the defender who no one could get past. Part of that distinction is their own look for me. I'd like to see a lot more variety though, particularly with hairstyles and facial hair. I'd also like regen faces to get older with age.

Anyway, some more thoughts (which have probably been covered but meh).

Some more options with set piece takers. My star striker is an excellent free kick taker, so I set him on free kicks. Unfortunately this means he often takes them from wide positions and even on the halfway line as well. I want him in the box if the free kick isn't being taken from a potential scoring position, but when we get one on the D I want him first in line. You should be able to 'section' your set piece takers.

This also applies with corners. I don't want him taking corners at all. Yes, he has a good rating for them, but he's so dangerous in the box I want him in there. So I pretty much have to put every other member of my squad in the corner takers screen so the game doesn't automatically default to him when my other takers aren't available. Why can't there be an option to not consider him for corners?

Finally, while I'm glad long throws have been brought into the match engine, there should be a specific screen for defending long throws into the box when you do your set pieces in the TC. Am so sick of watching every long throw get all the way to a striker's FEET on the six yard box because defenders don't try and get in front and meet the ball in the air.

What about weight and height not set but as a variable just like in real life. Youngsters that are barely 16 wouldn't normally be over 6 ft already and weigh 185 lbs or 13 stone. I think you should be able to see that they're growing in height (affects jumping if there's also an increase in agility and strength) and weight (which would be affected by strength and affect balance on its turn). Probably very complicated to implement but it's definately more realistic.

I think I'd find it weird having actual player faces on newgens, even if they were obscure. Not as weird as the old user submitted pictures, mind you. Not sure if your idea would bring up copyright issues either?

The thing I love most about newgens is they are completely specific to your game. No one else has ever had that striker who become a legend for your club, or the defender who no one could get past. Part of that distinction is their own look for me. I'd like to see a lot more variety though, particularly with hairstyles and facial hair. I'd also like regen faces to get older with age.

Why would adding a feature to re-use IDs linked to (possible) images be a copyright issue? Its just one more tool out there to aid modders. A real human face is a billion times more unique than the generated ones in the game. I feel they all look the same, and I am unable to tell one player apart from another with a quick glance. Our brains are rigged that way, we recognize human features and associate certain attributes to them. So if my ace regen striker has a real face, that makes it more realistic and immersive. You then have a real face to attribute all those qualities rather than some rendered paper doll type face.

And again, with facepacks out there sporting over a hundred thousand pictures, you would be hard pressed to recognize them all, specially if they were to implement filers.

I know some will roll their eyes for me to repeat this, but....

Please...STOP the fact that the team always plays poorly against a low end team!!!! I win the Serie A, but my four to five losses always fall to the crappy teams. 3-1 Against Juve Stabia? Really!?

Anyway, on to my real idea:

I hope this is a good one and i think it is and will intrigue some of you. I think this will take FM a level above. I had Genoa offer me a new contract and i thought about it and i concluded...."who cares how much i make?" And really...does that make any difference to the game in regards to how much money you, the user/manager, makes? Does it make you any better? No, i think?

So how about actually making it mean something? The oldest age i ever reached in a FM game was 44 years old (i started playing FM games in my mid 20s, this Sunday i'm depressingly turning 30. But anyhow, i thought how good this game would get once my character is like....65 years of age, or even 70...75, when he gets to use Viagra.

This is my idea:

The new feature would be that over a period of time, the moment you total up 100 million euro (or to make it harder 200) you can actually own a team, or, create a team! Talk about actually taking a career to an extra level. Now, you can have the option to still manage the team, or decide the club's finances, ticket prices, player budget, transfer budget, and negotiate sponsorship deals, and of course hire the team's manager if you choose to no longer manage.

You can choose your club's location (the more populated the location the costlier it is), how big you want the stadium (you can choose to have a lease or build a stadium), choose your club's colors as well as uniforms.

I think this is an awesome idea that actually gives a meaning to the user as a manager and what to further accomplish.

Please reply if you like this idea and if it should be done!

For International managers, when you are in a tournament season and the domestic games are over there should be more realistic options like

1. Timetable for squad get together and training. Time off?

2. Location of training base.

3. Newspaper headlines of whats happening back home/Press conferences for Euro??/World Cups

4. Day to day itinerary, eg Rest, cool down, public visits, training, stadium visit, media set ups, players put forward for interview etc

The start of the tournament to the end should take over the game if you are involved.

Fix attendances for lesser nations.

E.g. in my game in Slovakia I qualify for Euro cup.

1,000 or so people come to see villarreal but then next week 3,000 will come to watch me dispatch a non-league team in the domestic cup?

It might be something simple, but it doesn't make sense to have average European attendance to be 20% of your domestic attendance.

That will be due to seating regulations in the Euro Cup. If you only have 1,000 seats, then you can only have 1,000 fans attend.

Expanded Depth Charts

Instead of just have the top 3 players per position, have the entire roster (First Team, Reserves and Youth Teams) showing and depending on your chosen formation would recommend the best players to keep as First Team, Reserves and Youth Team squads.

Staff Roles and Duties

The best way to understand this is to look at my post (this is linked in my signature) and vote (with explanation your decision) it would work similar to the Player Roles and Duties already implemented in which certain attributes are highlighted, and to add onto this I have seen people suggest training courses this way you can mold staff to learn/improve the specific attributes depending on the role and duties they have in your club.

Movement Arrows

When creating tactics (whether 'classic' or 'wizard') you should be able to include movement arrows, under the old tactic method you had the yellow arrows for runs with ball (Never, Sometimes, Always) but if you want certain positions to operate whether it be Normal (no arrow), Outside, Inside, Backwards, Channels, Forwards these arrows should be a different color than the yellow used for runs with ball and can be shown on the wizard also.

Team Rating per Attributes

Currently you have General, All Positions, Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders, Attackers this helps when you need to recruit you can see where you are lacking and recruit in those areas, however some of the attributes don't match the player attributes word for word and with no guide that tells us what player attributes match Leadership as an example can we get either a help guide for these or have the team attributes match the player attributes so we can recruit good leaders by searching leadership.

Regards

---

To vote and provide feedback on my general discussion topic to introduce Staff Roles and Duties into FM Series please click on my provided link to do so http://bit.ly/u8WoDS

Move options when accepting a contract to manage a new club. Similar to how players can have additional bits and bobs on their contracts, whether it's a pay raise or a bonus for trophies, to being allowed to leave to join another club without compensation under certain conditions (i.e. Relegation Release clauses for players).

Also to request a club to buy a player while you negotiate joining them. Example, I'm manager of Portland Timbers and Man Utd want me to manager their club, I request they attempt to buy Matt Hummells from Dortumand while I'll join them at the end of the season.

Either way, any expansion to talking to clubs about becoming their manager would be a nice touch.

Oh, and slightly off of what I was talking about, a player interaction to say something along the lines of they are in the first team, but the player ahead of them is in better form and they need to bide their time. I get this alot when playing FM, statistically lesser players occassionally finding form and staying in the team over much better players, which I basically have to play until their form drops and have an excuse to replace them with the better player, before the better player bitches and wants to leave.

EDIT: Pressure

Nearly forgot this one, but I absolutely hate this stat, it can destroy really good players, especially considering that it isn't dynamic. I also find it slightly redundant due to Important Match attribute. Please consider making it more dynamic, ofcourse a young player from a tiny club in Iceland will most likely have pressure issues joining Real Madrid and being dropped into their starting 11. But a player raised through the Barcelona youth system, dreaming of playing in the Nou Camp shouldn't have such issues when he gets his big break. Not saying this is how it should be every time, but people do learn to cope with pressue in RL and they should do ingame too.

EDIT 2: Champions League performance = Reputation

A clubs performance in the Champions League (especially if they are from a particularly smaller league) should get a hefty bump to their repuation, just like they do in real life, even if it's temporary. Look at APOEL this season, Copenhagen last season. Just getting out of the group stages for some clubs should be like almost winning it, it's a huge achievement and gives many fans who otherwise would not have seen them or heard of them a glimpse into who they are. Used to drive me nuts when I'd perform a miracle at get into the CL group stages with a small team, and my reputation did naff all. When in reality, everyone loves them for that season, cause everyone loves an underdog story, and generally remember them for a season or two. If I said name a Cypriot club, people now think of APOEL. Should happen ingame too.

I'd like to have the ability to allow my youth players to train with the 1st team if they are good enough. At the moment to get a youth player on the senior training levels rather than youth you have to promote them to the senior team, and unless you move back and forward each youth game they don't play those games anymore. It would be good to be able to let players train with the 1st team but keep them in the youth team setup

Archived