Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

7 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

Final update today? Or it's not early April enough yet? 😁

Someone made a good point technically it could be next Monday :D - tbh, if they are using the time wisely to try and tidy this up as much as possible, I hope it would be late Monday next week. Otherwise Thursday is quite a popular day I think for a release, so could be this Thurs.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

Someone made a good point technically it could be next Monday :D - tbh, if they are using the time wisely to try and tidy this up as much as possible, I hope it would be late Monday next week. Otherwise Thursday is quite a popular day I think for a release, so could be this Thurs.

Tbh I think the work on the update was finished several days ago but they are just waiting for approvals for all platforms. They have said it before that the approval process can take up to 2 weeks if I remember correctly.

On 28/03/2024 at 18:06, wazzaflow10 said:

14 of the 24 are two goals or fewer. What's the obsession with 1-0 for every match? What a boring game that would be. Might as well go home after one team scores.

Sorry, my comments were very tongue in cheek... I did say to call me old fashioned haha

No need to ask for when an update comes along, it will come when it comes. Any more asking for it will be removed and continuing it will lead to thread bans. This is the only warning.

Is likely to beat offside trap still a good trait, it used to be in fm23 but now in fm24 its really horrible for AF and I think its due to this positional play **** but I ain't sure so is the trait still good for strikers in fm24

Do you use offside traps? I remember that in FM22 it was the basic defensive game mechanism, I play with a balanced mentality on a high defense line, but I don't see any special difference with playing a higher or neutral defense line

1 minute ago, DavutOzkan said:

Why did the post about the "early April" update leave the main forum? 

probally in my guess that its incoming at any time now 

Underwhelming. Wait until April and most changes past mid February are not in the database. I don't think this update was necessary at this point, nor to wait this much if it wasn't going to be updated until early March.

Edited by João14

18 minutes ago, Gilberto Silva said:

I updated but still see Hodgson as Palace manager.

The database says 24.3.0, is that the newest one?

We should be on 24.4 now, mine is not up to date either even tough the game is updated.

21 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello everyone, the Final Data Update for FM24 is now live. For more information please see the link below. :) 

have updated, can't see 24.4, just 24.3 in both editor and in game.

I think they did not change the database version, just updated 24.3. Same thing as when they roll out the day one patch it does not update DB version from the Beta.

I updated but still see Hodgson as Palace manager.

verify your files 

13 minutes ago, João14 said:

It's not reflected in the database :) 

This is comical then. A data update released in April does not reflect managerial changes from two months ago?

That particular managerial change even happened before the previous data update. 

Edited by Gilberto Silva

5 minutes ago, Gilberto Silva said:

This is comical then. A data update released in April does not reflect managerial changes from two months ago?

That particular managerial change even happened before the previous data update. 

Most changes post Mid February are not reflected.

Already noted some big changes being out in South America as well. I do think this was a unnecessary data update if it wasn't to reflect at least until March.

Edited by João14

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Gilberto Silva said:

Hello, if your game version is 24.4, you'll have received the latest data update.

The database version number has not changed for this update.

2 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, if your game version is 24.4, you'll have received the latest data update.

The database version number has not changed for this update.

Zachary, was there a reasoning to exclude most changes outside China/USA besides mid February?

24.3 out on March, updated on 9th April and does not have most things made until the end of February? :( 

• SI Staff
21 minutes ago, Gilberto Silva said:

The data update post says internal March deadline

Hi, that line is in reference specifically to the points deductions.

Did SI just make a database update where they ONLY fixed transfers made in the US and China? Completely ignoring all other transfers which happened in that time. Even major transfers among managers, but also for example Sweden whose transfer window closes at the end of march. Are the US and China so much more important to the game than all other places in the world?

It looks like we all have to finish Editing the new update on our own. Can anybody note down the biggest missing pieces, in the biggest leagues, they left out? Transfers, future transfers, confirmed (or more or less), manager changes, etc.

Edited by holstein28

5 minutes ago, holstein28 said:

It looks like we all have to finish Editing the new update on our own. Can anybody note down the biggest missing pieces, in the biggest leagues, they left out? Transfers, future transfers, confirmed (or more or less), manager changes, etc.

a Reserves league for Wales please....

17 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

Yes.

I know you mean that as a bit of a joke, but seriously. They have all other transfers recorded. Why post an update JUST for those two nations? They're not that influential in most saves. It must be to appease the Chinese. At least that's the theory I'm going with. Same reason they put (China PR) after Chinese Taipei.

Preparing myself mentally to be extremely disappointed with South American transfers update 

Edited by LucasBR

1 hour ago, Rashio said:

Did SI just make a database update where they ONLY fixed transfers made in the US and China? Completely ignoring all other transfers which happened in that time. Even major transfers among managers, but also for example Sweden whose transfer window closes at the end of march. Are the US and China so much more important to the game than all other places in the world?

I believe this line is why Sweden is unchanged: 

Additionally, rosters for certain licensed leagues whose seasons run to the calendar year will only be reflective up until the end of the 2023 season and so will not include incoming and outgoing transfers made for 2024.