Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, dannyo666 said:

It is just a minor update transfer update patch this time no?Dont think there will be a any actual fixes.....im open to correction

Just data stuff yep

18 minutes ago, chris72 said:

whenever i play against city i notice haaland is never involved in the game even if hes not injured

very strange

what is everyone expecting from a final update?

I get similar when playing against Everton. They often play youth players Mackenzie Hunt or Halid Djankpata despite having way better players on the bench and just not selected. Those players were not injured either.

Only saw this after the recent update. Maybe they tweaked something with AI squad management - for Everton though, surely they'd play their better players while in a relegation battle and on minus points :lol: Dyche doesn't strike me as someone who relies on youth (players from the u23 squad) in difficult moments too. 

In the final update, I am looking forward to taking over from Klopp.

Need everything in place first, new contract for Jaydan Danns, Edwards and Hughes transfers as DoF and TD.

Then all I need to do is start a new save with a random profile, holiday a year, add my manager profile to the vacant Liverpool job, let the rebuild begin…..oh

Still waiting, thought the post in the main update change log said that final update will be in the coming weeks not coming months.  

2 hours ago, Johnleegriffin said:

In the final update, I am looking forward to taking over from Klopp.

Need everything in place first, new contract for Jaydan Danns, Edwards and Hughes transfers as DoF and TD.

No need to wait. You could do that in the pre-game editor in about 3 minutes.

13 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

No need to wait. You could do that in the pre-game editor in about 3 minutes.

Yeah I tried that, used the pre game editor to cancel all the contracts (inc Klopp) of all staff that leave with Klopp, about 15 staff. 

Then start the game in real world with first transfers switched on, (so all budgets are correct) I use a world transfer embargo on all clubs for the whole of the first season then all transfers stay correct to the 23/24 season. 

I really want to keep it as real as possible so I tend not to use the editors because I feel like I have cheated all the way in the save. 

24 minutes ago, Johnleegriffin said:

I like how the match engine feels like it is scripted at times.

You can have 100 shots and not score and they can have their first shot on target and they score. 

This old thing again. Well, luckily, I have this link saved, so you can see what SI says about it.

My save is broken. Every time I go to the profile of Palermo player Kristoffer Lund and click the "make an offer" tab, the game freezes and I have to log out, otherwise I can't even click on exit. Absurd. I changed skins but it didn't help either. Interestingly, when saving the same save made a year earlier, there is no such problem (or maybe it is but with a different player and I didn't have a chance to check it? I don't know). I am attaching a link to the save https://www.easypaste.org/file/bV927c8l/KARIERAtst.v02.fm?lang=pl

2 hours ago, Polando said:

My save is broken. Every time I go to the profile of Palermo player Kristoffer Lund and click the "make an offer" tab, the game freezes and I have to log out, otherwise I can't even click on exit. Absurd. I changed skins but it didn't help either. Interestingly, when saving the same save made a year earlier, there is no such problem (or maybe it is but with a different player and I didn't have a chance to check it? I don't know). I am attaching a link to the save https://www.easypaste.org/file/bV927c8l/KARIERAtst.v02.fm?lang=pl

Make sure to remove all custom logos, picture, etc, and then try to clear game cache and see if that works. Otherwise, please create a thread in here:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/crash-technical-and-performance-issues/

Why, after all these years, has the stuttering in the match Engine not been fixed?  I think it's a fair question that should have been resolved by now!

10 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

ok!

image.png.e12fcaf244c706f1e51d1749bf2b0cf8.png

Looks like one of the most boring games of football ever played.

Did it get any better in the second half?

Edited by NineCloudNine

24 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

ok!

image.png.e12fcaf244c706f1e51d1749bf2b0cf8.png

This exact scenario happened to me, except that’s how the game ended. The other team 0 shots on target but they won the game. 

unbelievable. 

Honestly sick of the non logic of selling players. Players with no game time, unhappy and recieving good reasonable bids from high level teams and the players for some reason rejecting good contracts when it's clear they have no future at the club and not getting no game time. 

Sort it out ffs

Edited by SHK-555

On 30/03/2024 at 19:08, chris72 said:

whenever i play against city i notice haaland is never involved in the game even if hes not injured

very strange

what is everyone expecting from a final update?

Can confirm, in my save, Haaland has only played once in the last 3 games after the last update. And it was only against Ludogorets in CL league phase. He was not even on the bench against Liverpool and Arsenal. He was not injured for those matches.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 235202.png

Screenshot 2024-04-02 235145.png

Screenshot 2024-04-02 235135.png

Edited by OYTNANAK

Is there any way to make my u23 coach rotate his team more? I remember them doing so in past installments but mine literally always uses the same eleven without even utilizing substitutions

15 minutes ago, Nikopol said:

Is there any way to make my u23 coach rotate his team more? I remember them doing so in past installments but mine literally always uses the same eleven without even utilizing substitutions

As well as not arranging friendlies when there is no fixtures in the week. 

2 horas atrás, NineCloudNine disse:

Looks like one of the most boring games of football ever played.

Did it get any better in the second half?

No. My team created more chances and didn't score.The opposing team only created one chance in a set piece

On 31/03/2024 at 06:13, EvilWolf1980 said:

I am really not liking FM24. I have given up and uninstalled it and went back to FM23. 

I did that ages ago. FM24 has a good upgrade on the ME and if you like positional play then it's a decent purchase. However squad rotation has been a mess since day 1 and hasn't been fixed so FM24 currently stands as my lowest game hours out of the whole series at 85 hours.

The set pieces have somehow been made worse in this version for me, defenders just some hard-coded into a certain situation and don't react in any kind of normal way. Lost a UCL semi on this moment here, my team stuck in "defensive free kick, shooting range" mode and they just waltzed through the middle with three unmarked players for an easy finish:

image.png.a80e927c04066961354d7270d04cb734.png

My biggest gripe is I see this being open usually at least once a game and it's ignored, usually if the free kick is on one side there will be a mass of players in the box, my wall and then two attacking players behind the wall who could just step to the side and take an easy pass and be in on goal if the players were able to show any kind of real world intelligence. How this was somehow seen as an upgrade and got past testing is a genuine bewilderment to me

37 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

The set pieces have somehow been made worse in this version for me, defenders just some hard-coded into a certain situation and don't react in any kind of normal way. Lost a UCL semi on this moment here, my team stuck in "defensive free kick, shooting range" mode and they just waltzed through the middle with three unmarked players for an easy finish:

My biggest gripe is I see this being open usually at least once a game and it's ignored, usually if the free kick is on one side there will be a mass of players in the box, my wall and then two attacking players behind the wall who could just step to the side and take an easy pass and be in on goal if the players were able to show any kind of real world intelligence. How this was somehow seen as an upgrade and got past testing is a genuine bewilderment to me

How are they supposed to be marked?  You have 4 marking 4, 3 in the wall, and 2 up front. They are attacking you with 6 players only and they already out number you.   So basically its 6 vs 4. Unless you know of a way to ask your 4 defenders to get themselves cloned, you did this to yourself.  How could you fix your free kick routines? - Have two at the edge of the area, bring everyone back. Choose one player to be in the counter group, and set him to edge of area, and the other can be a tracker, also set to edge of area. This is not a bug, cos direct free kicks are a numbers game. Attacking sides ALWAYS have the advantage of being able to have more 'free' players since defending sides place x number of players in a wall.  If this is happening to you once a game then its your set up. 

I was convinced today, but the window is closing in two hours. Tomorrow most likely though, since they don’t release on fridays. And next week is too far off what they promised.

No effects to the engine, merely data changes.

Edited by holstein28

1 hour ago, steviemay17 said:

I raised this as a bug a long time ago, as did others and still not fixed 

2 hours ago, Rashidi said:

How are they supposed to be marked?  You have 4 marking 4, 3 in the wall, and 2 up front. They are attacking you with 6 players only and they already out number you.   So basically its 6 vs 4. Unless you know of a way to ask your 4 defenders to get themselves cloned, you did this to yourself.  How could you fix your free kick routines? - Have two at the edge of the area, bring everyone back. Choose one player to be in the counter group, and set him to edge of area, and the other can be a tracker, also set to edge of area. This is not a bug, cos direct free kicks are a numbers game. Attacking sides ALWAYS have the advantage of being able to have more 'free' players since defending sides place x number of players in a wall.  If this is happening to you once a game then its your set up. 

Apologies I meant that I often see it in my favour, I think as a more dominant team I will get more attacking set pieces, but I often have this advantage with a player wide open on the "ball" side of the box as everyone will congregate to the far away post for a potential cross, but I really don't recall any occasions where my players have had the "intelligence" to exploit it, I'm aware I can play shorter or some kind of short option but then a player will come short and have markers goalside so it's not productive, it's just time after time there's someone left wide open and we'll shoot.

I could also get on to my seven seasons I've seen six total goals from direct free kicks (both for an against) and they've all been absolute pingers from distance, the whole direct set piece thing is just really poorly done for me, too rigid to the instructions and no fluidity at all. I also  meant to add I don't think the bug comes with my instructions per say, but just the lack of fluidity, there's zero chance a high level team won't react to this and adapt depending on the situation, but there is no adaptability in this, just set instructions which the players will stick to no matter what.

Edited by steviemay17

This game is so cheating. Not even Street Fighter or SNK's Boss syndrome is so outrageous.
I will try a season without a goalkeeper. The AI ignores my GK converting 70, 75% of their chances

7 minutes ago, Orange2000 said:

Does it mean that ME has a final version for 24 version and will not be patched in future?

Next patch will be the very last yes. SI quite often when posting patch updates, don't mention any changes to the ME - but it's common that there still are, they just don't list it down. Several times when no ME notes were mentioned some of my tactics would suddenly not work anymore. Even the most recent one, I had to revise my set piece routines to start scoring frmo them.

So I'd consider the next patch the very final one, with potential to have some ME changes requiring a few tactical tweaks here and there. And it wouldn't surprise me if they made a hidden change or two. Patch is later than normal, plus it'll be the very last one for this FM.

8 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

Apologies I meant that I often see it in my favour, I think as a more dominant team I will get more attacking set pieces, but I often have this advantage with a player wide open on the "ball" side of the box as everyone will congregate to the far away post for a potential cross, but I really don't recall any occasions where my players have had the "intelligence" to exploit it, I'm aware I can play shorter or some kind of short option but then a player will come short and have markers goalside so it's not productive, it's just time after time there's someone left wide open and we'll shoot.

I could also get on to my seven seasons I've seen six total goals from direct free kicks (both for an against) and they've all been absolute pingers from distance, the whole direct set piece thing is just really poorly done for me, too rigid to the instructions and no fluidity at all. I also  meant to add I don't think the bug comes with my instructions per say, but just the lack of fluidity, there's zero chance a high level team won't react to this and adapt depending on the situation, but there is no adaptability in this, just set instructions which the players will stick to no matter what.

Ah then it’s the AI manager, not all AI managers keep two upfront. And yes, the lack of adapting is SI’s issue to fix.

26 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

If not today tomorrow we’ll get the last data update, I can feel it :D

They don't usually post updates on fridays. So my best bet is actually today between three and five UK time (six at latest). Next week would be quite long off Miles' initial "end of March, maybe early april" promise. And as we all know, he's a man that's always true to his word.

3 minutes ago, holstein28 said:

They don't usually post updates on fridays. So my best bet is actually today between three and five UK time (six at latest). Next week would be quite long off Miles' initial "end of March, maybe early april" promise. And as we all know, he's a man that's always true to his word.

ROFL :)

35 minutes ago, holstein28 said:

So today it is!