Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

8 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

For next versions of the game, I would like to see some more logical behaviour regarding traveling - availability of training. For example, pre-season and I am playing a friendly in Australia with a Greek team.

Screenshot_1.png.c7d2a48b15f70bb444555466e5da557a.png

====

The flight time is around 20+ hours from Greece to Australia, so it doesn't make sense to have training in the day with travel as well as at the returning as well.

As a New Zealander and Nix fan I'd like to just point out our capital city of Wellington nor the Nix themselves are in Australia they are in fact both based in New Zealand. (Although the Nix do play in the A-league).

So your travel would actually be even further.

Edited by kiwityke1983

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/03/2024 at 19:22, makavali said:

Decided to give this game another go after finding it broken and most importantly INCREDIBLY easy. Picked a weak team in Latvia (FS Metta, predicted to finish 6th, finished 9th out of 10 in real life) and decided to listen to people who say I need to place restrictions on myself to enjoy the game. So, I started with no badges and decided to use only Latvians who are less than 20 years old. Additionally, I decided not to spend any money on transfers, so I spent 3~ hours revamping my team using only Amateur contracts, loans, and free transfers. 

10 games in, I'm 3rd in the league, undefeated, and beat Riga away who has a yearly budget of 16mil in real life. Uninstalled. 

Yeah indeed, this game is still incredibly broken. The only thing one can hope for is that in the very final patch they may at least try to fix the double DM-S role that still ridiculously works miracles in the engine. At least then there may be a better role balance which would make the game at least tactically, more fun and playable, and bring at least some degree of realism to this year's game.

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

As a New Zealander and Nix fan I'd like to just point out our capital city of Wellington nor the Nix themselves are in Australia they are in fact both based in New Zealand. (Although the Nix do play in the A-league).

So your travel would actually be even further.

Thank you for the correction. Didn't know it.

Maybe this one need correction in database as well?

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.5f62058fc4518edef678527d1de9bc6e.png

1 minute ago, fc.cadoni said:

They are a New Zealand team that plays in the Australian league. Much like Swansea or Cardiff in England.

1 minute ago, fc.cadoni said:

Ah ok! Got it.

Tusen tack!

Takk*

I'm Norwegian, not Swedish! :p 

2 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Yeah it's a weird quirk of the game that it shows a teams country as the same as the league it plays in.

We can't play in the AFC champions league because we are from NZ an Oceanian country.

But I assure you we are a New Zealand based team that play in the Australian league (A-league) Auckland FC will join next season and be the second NZ based team to play in it.

The NZ knights used to play in it and went bankrupt after two seasons, I was one of only about 5 people who had the pleasure of watching them haha

4 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

I personally think we should know if there is any point in still bug reporting at this stage.

People are using their time to report stuff and collect information but with SI not telling us if there will be another update or not, people can be doing this for no reason. It can be time-consuming and not really fair to those who do want to go beyond to help.

If there's no further ME update, should we then stop reporting bugs as FM25 will be different? We don't know if these bug reports will be any help for further updates (again, because practically no communication).

Interface bugs. SI said FM will be completely different as we know it, so is there any worth in reporting interface bugs?

A member of SI staff wrote and quote "It's time-consuming to go through these to find out that you are insisting we change correct info to incorrect info." but similar applies to those reporting bugs. It's time-consuming to report and collect information which in the end could be for no reason. I just personally don't think it's fair to promise better communication etc and now to be left in this position due to no communication.

Miles also promised us a roadmap for game updates this year, similar to how they did feature releases. I don't believe we're getting that either. The previous update post doesn't mention anything about future update/plans. We've had one Content Update change list which was on November 10th (I believe).

Hopefully you get a response!

4 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

I personally think we should know if there is any point in still bug reporting at this stage.

People are using their time to report stuff and collect information but with SI not telling us if there will be another update or not, people can be doing this for no reason. It can be time-consuming and not really fair to those who do want to go beyond to help.

If there's no further ME update, should we then stop reporting bugs as FM25 will be different? We don't know if these bug reports will be any help for further updates (again, because practically no communication).

Interface bugs. SI said FM will be completely different as we know it, so is there any worth in reporting interface bugs?

A member of SI staff wrote and quote "It's time-consuming to go through these to find out that you are insisting we change correct info to incorrect info." but similar applies to those reporting bugs. It's time-consuming to report and collect information which in the end could be for no reason. I just personally don't think it's fair to promise better communication etc and now to be left in this position due to no communication.

Miles also promised us a roadmap for game updates this year, similar to how they did feature releases. I don't believe we're getting that either. The previous update post doesn't mention anything about future update/plans. We've had one Content Update change list which was on November 10th (I believe).

Match Engine reports and "bug" reports are different things IMO. They'd be very interested in "my game crashes on this date" or "my youth team are only using 11 players" or "man city signed x for 50m, didn't play him, then signed an upgrade a year later".

On match engine development, I made detailed posts in November that still haven't been acknowledged so... I'd say there's nothing allocated to reading that kind of stuff at the moment.

33 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Match Engine reports and "bug" reports are different things IMO. They'd be very interested in "my game crashes on this date" or "my youth team are only using 11 players" or "man city signed x for 50m, didn't play him, then signed an upgrade a year later".

On match engine development, I made detailed posts in November that still haven't been acknowledged so... I'd say there's nothing allocated to reading that kind of stuff at the moment.

There are currently bugs in the ME (not development or improvements), for example, a penalty is given to an offside player but VAR only checks for the penalty and not the offside. And players just genuinely marking wrong positions when using or up against certain formations. Those are likely to be bugs. One reason for it could be a graphical thing - but if they're moving the graphics engine then there's no point reporting that bug if there's no further update.

And what they'll be interested in is exactly what they should be communicating because we don't know exactly what is useful and what's not. Communicating what would be useful helps those reporting.

Let's say we've all bought into the "FM is changing forever. FM24 is the last of its kind", then we have absolutely no idea what's changing and what's useful or not.

Them communicating, as said they would, can avoid some people feeling ignored (not saying they should be replying to every report and asap), and people wasting their time. It would be a lot more appreciated for sure.

It's disappointing for Miles to mention they'll be doing a roadmap with future updates like how they did with feature reveals and just decided not to deliver on that. I don't want to think they thought something like that would go unnoticed because it wouldn't with me :lol: They recognised what they didn't do, acknowledged it, and still didn't do it. Regarding the big data update, I was intrigued to see what they'll mention in their roadmap of updates but wasn't one.

Edited by RDF Tactics

6 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

There are currently bugs in the ME (not development or improvements), for example, a penalty is given to an offside player but VAR only checks for the penalty and not the offside. And players just genuinely marking wrong positions when using or up against certain formations. Those are likely to be bugs. One reason for it could be a graphical thing - but if they're moving the graphics engine then there's no point reporting that bug if there's no further update.

And what they'll be interested in is exactly what they should be communicating because we don't know exactly what is useful and what's not. Communicating what would be useful helps those reporting.

Let's say we've all bought into the "FM is changing forever. FM24 is the last of its kind", then we have absolutely no idea what's changing and what's useful or not.

Them communicating, as said they would, can avoid some people feeling ignored (not saying they should be replying to every report and asap), and people wasting their time. It would be a lot more appreciated for sure.

It's disappointing for Miles to mention they'll be doing a roadmap with future updates like how they did with feature reveals and just decided not to deliver on that. I don't want to think they thought something like that would go unnoticed because it wouldn't with me :lol: They recognised what they didn't do, acknowledged it, and still didn't do it. Regarding the big data update, I was intrigued to see what they'll mention in their roadmap of updates but wasn't one.

If its ME related I doubt they'll do much given the impending engine change. I think that was the "last of its kind" going from homegrown to unity. 

Other things are definitely worth reporting on. In the scouting ticket we've opened they're still collecting feedback and have said so recently. So it probably depends on game module you're reporting. Transfers, interactions, scouting etc are definitely still worth logging imo even if its for next year's game at this point. I'm sure there will be some changes there too as always but I don't think they're changing that part of the game. I could be wrong though. 

1 minute ago, wazzaflow10 said:

If its ME related I doubt they'll do much given the impending engine change. I think that was the "last of its kind" going from homegrown to unity. 

Other things are definitely worth reporting on. In the scouting ticket we've opened they're still collecting feedback and have said so recently. So it probably depends on game module you're reporting. Transfers, interactions, scouting etc are definitely still worth logging imo even if its for next year's game at this point. I'm sure there will be some changes there too as always but I don't think they're changing that part of the game. I could be wrong though. 

People don't know if there's a further update for this edition, or not. So what you're saying is sort of my point. We don't know and it's all "I think". And we don't know exactly what "other things" are.

They're still collecting ME behaviour stuff too. And still telling people to use the bug trackers for any problems people come across. It can just be a waste of time. It may not. We have no idea.

They want to be more open and transparent. They said they've decided to give us a roadmap for game updates because it worked well for feature releases - that would've allowed us to know if reporting certain things would be worthwhile. But then didn't give us a roadmap for game updates.

Has SI started a new match engine from scratch with Unity for FM25, or have they just converted the current one over to Unity and continued work on it there? If the latter, then there definitely won't be any update to FM24's match engine. Any updates to it would probably be a waste from their perspective and they'd need to figure out how to implement those changes to the Unity version in FM25 without having drastically different results between them.

I know a lot of people are holding out hope for whatever issues they've had being fixed, but realistically, this game's life cycle is almost up now. The only bug fixes that will made are game-breaking ones.

29 minutes ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Has SI started a new match engine from scratch with Unity for FM25, or have they just converted the current one over to Unity and continued work on it there? If the latter, then there definitely won't be any update to FM24's match engine. Any updates to it would probably be a waste from their perspective and they'd need to figure out how to implement those changes to the Unity version in FM25 without having drastically different results between them.

I know a lot of people are holding out hope for whatever issues they've had being fixed, but realistically, this game's life cycle is almost up now. The only bug fixes that will made are game-breaking ones.

If regarding this conversation then it isn't about hope for certain issues to be fixed. As you say, the only bug fixes that will be made are game-breaking ones but we don't know if there's any update at all other than a data update.

Whether another update is coming with fixes is one thing. Saying you've realised you drop the ball on communication and telling us there's going to be a roadmap for game updates is another thing.

I for one (I am speaking for myself), want to know what to do with bugs/reports I come across. I wouldn't want to keep reporting things SI have no intention of looking at it. That should be communicated and I believe this is a good opportunity to improve their communication.

I do realise it may come across like I have these unreasonable expectations from SI and they should treat us special. But, I'm also using what they've said.

11 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

If regarding this conversation then it isn't about hope for certain issues to be fixed. As you say, the only bug fixes that will be made are game-breaking ones but we don't know if there's any update at all other than a data update.

Whether another update is coming with fixes is one thing. Saying you've realised you drop the ball on communication and telling us there's going to be a roadmap for game updates is another thing.

I for one (I am speaking for myself), want to know what to do with bugs/reports I come across. I wouldn't want to keep reporting things SI have no intention of looking at it. That should be communicated and I believe this is a good opportunity to improve their communication.

I do realise it may come across like I have these unreasonable expectations from SI and they should treat us special. But, I'm also using what they've said.

Sorry, I should have prefixed my post with 'this isn't aimed at anyone in particular' because it's something that's been discussed for a lot longer than this past while and wasn't meant to be targeted at what you were saying. I agree with you btw, and it definitely isn't unreasonable to expect SI to stick to their word when they were the ones that voluntarily told everyone that they'd be more communicative and give a roadmap - imo they shouldn't have bothered doing this at all, but I suspect at this stage that it was just to keep everyone quiet until the inevitable FM25 sneak peek and reveal posts/videos gets everyone excited for The New And Shiny Thing. That might seem cynical, but this is a games company and we're consumers lol.

I played a few hours at the start, stepped away and keep coming back to the forums - hoping to see some feedback that will get me back into the game.

I know a feedback thread will 90% be people flagging issues, it's the way. Most people will talk about a bad experience rather than a good one. But there's nothing pushing me to go back in when I see the issues that are still roving on. The lack of bug resolution is quite alarming.

56 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

I played a few hours at the start, stepped away and keep coming back to the forums - hoping to see some feedback that will get me back into the game.

I know a feedback thread will 90% be people flagging issues, it's the way. Most people will talk about a bad experience rather than a good one. But there's nothing pushing me to go back in when I see the issues that are still roving on. The lack of bug resolution is quite alarming.

I think this thread will distract you from the good things in the game haha 

The lack of bug resolution is probably the most frustrating thing. But I’d also say a lot of the issues people pointing out may not be something that grabs your attention or bothers you in game. It may not even be an issue and just someone ranting haha

when I get that feeling your having, I often just go for a quick challenge that’s not much of a challenge haha like picking Newcastle for their riches but sign only English. Or Benfica and do Brazilian signings only + youth challenge. That sometimes gets me in the FM mood. This year admittedly, I haven’t been able to stick with a long term save but the mini challenges and tactic creating (basically just picking a team, creating a tactic and only playing for a season) is where I found my joy this year 

Edited by RDF Tactics

When winning the English championship the celebrations do not show all at the end of the game.  Reloaded the game and on the 2nd time it did, however on the 3rd time again it did not.

Reported as a bug in the approriate forum

Trying to reignite my interest in my Chelsea save. Just noticed Tammy Abraham joined Aston Villa for £2.4m in the January window, and two months later, he's made only two sub appearances for them. Meanwhile, Roma is still scheduled to pay us £6.8m for each of the next three years for signing him in the first place. He wasn't signed for his form either - he was still injured and didn't even start a game for Roma. Roma didn't need to sell him (let alone for so little and they're still paying for him), and Villa didn't need to sign him.

Hi guys, out of curiosity

Does Mbappé stays forever in PSG in your saves ?

Or he's leaving the club in June 2024 as he stated it IRL ?

7 hours ago, nico_france said:

Don’t quote me. I think he has the “frt” symbol next to his name which would mean he’s leaving on a free.

or it could be a transfer update in using. Not sure if I’ve turned off a modded updated after FMs data update. 

10 hours ago, nico_france said:

3 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Don’t quote me. I think he has the “frt” symbol next to his name which would mean he’s leaving on a free.

or it could be a transfer update in using. Not sure if I’ve turned off a modded updated after FMs data update. 

I had a single season save in the beta as PSG and he signed a new contract with no trouble at all.

Haven't followed his career in my other saves so couldn't say beyond me managing him.

Here it is, i was playing with vertical tiki taka with balanced mentality. Not only the fact i won but the way i won, too easily, as i said Inter played like a whatsoever Salernitana and the match after mine they won  6-0 against Torino........human vs AI is too easy there's no opposition, no strong defending, AI players seem very weakened.

My friend that was playing with Roma won 3-1 against Torino and 5-1 against Empoli, no way in Italy you can win so easily against medium low teams, at least they oppose a valorous defensive phase, here there's nothing at all

I took a look at the editor and noticed that inverted fullback and "braccetto di difesa" roles are not contemplated, so presumibly all AI teams that play with a system with 3 defenders are hugely weakened especially on the defensive flanks, because fullbacks are not defending

Only human players can use the inverted fullback or the "braccetto di difesa" role, AI teams cannot and this is very poor

image.jpeg

Edited by steve.bs69

5 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

::

image.png.78b1b810409eb4aa51fda5d8c9e08845.png

image.png.7f6a392d3407837774d8ca72ee35112b.png

This one does not take account only one match.

But I can understand that seems off, from the other hand does not impact something (at least key things).

1 hour ago, steve.bs69 said:

Here it is, i was playing with vertical tiki taka with balanced mentality. Not only the fact i won but the way i won, too easily, as i said Inter played like a whatsoever Salernitana and the match after mine they won  6-0 against Torino........human vs AI is too easy there's no opposition, no strong defending, AI players seem very weakened.

My friend that was playing with Roma won 3-1 against Torino and 5-1 against Empoli, no way in Italy you can win so easily against medium low teams, at least they oppose a valorous defensive phase, here there's nothing at all

I took a look at the editor and noticed that inverted fullback and "braccetto di difesa" roles are not contemplated, so presumibly all AI teams that play with a system with 3 defenders are hugely weakened especially on the defensive flanks, because fullbacks are not defending

Only human players can use the inverted fullback or the "braccetto di difesa" role, AI teams cannot and this is very poor

image.jpeg

The AI can absolutely use IFB's and IWB's.

52 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Yep! I was actually impressed with the movement of Kieran Trippier of the AI controlled Newcastle side that I faced with Betis. Caused a lot of trouble. 

1 ora fa, kiwityke1983 ha scritto:

In the editor "braccetto di difesa", that is the right and left DC with a three men defence is not available and no team use it, take a look at it

Edited by steve.bs69

2 horas atrás, NineCloudNine disse:

What were your other results against them? How much better than them are you? A single 2-1 win doesn’t on its own complete that objective.

Serious? My team was tipped to be relegated to the 4th division and in two seasons I achieved promotion that was never considered. Now I'm in the second division, far from the relegation zone, but the fans are upset because I only won 2-1?

There is no other game against Hansa.

3 hours ago, steve.bs69 said:

Roma beat Empoli 7-0 in September irl.

13 minuti fa, Brentford Alan ha scritto:

Roma beat Empoli 7-0 in September irl.

Not the actual Empoli with Nicola on the bench, they've a quite strong defensive phase and lost 1-0 to Milan, drew 1-1 in Turin against Juventus

Anyway if you play some matches you can see opponent not putting the necessary stubbornness defensively

With Roma he even won 4-1 easily against Qarabag in Europa League, while Qarabag irl almost eliminated Leverkusen

40 minutes ago, steve.bs69 said:

In the editor "braccetto di difesa", that is the right and left DC with a three men defence is not available and no team use it, take a look at it

I have no idea what that is but I've seen them use wide centre backs and both inverted fullbacks and inverted wingbacks.

You are just flat out wrong with your assertion they can't use them.

59 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

Serious? My team was tipped to be relegated to the 4th division and in two seasons I achieved promotion that was never considered. Now I'm in the second division, far from the relegation zone, but the fans are upset because I only won 2-1?

There is no other game against Hansa.

This is - like almost all fan/player/board communication modules - hard to work out. There must be some reason the algorithm here has caused the fans to be grumpy. They obviously thought you should have done better. There’s little indication as to why - “lack of effort” seems to suggest something more than the result but doesn’t tell you what they wanted as well as the result.

I don’t mind unrealistic or even unreasonable fan expectations, but it is frustrating how often FM throws up an interaction or reaction without giving any way for the player to know what they did wrong or what the game expected. There may be an explanation for this - that’s what my suggestions were trying to get to - but there’s no way of knowing with the little information the game offers.

12 minutos atrás, NineCloudNine disse:

This is - like almost all fan/player/board communication modules - hard to work out. There must be some reason the algorithm here has caused the fans to be grumpy. They obviously thought you should have done better. There’s little indication as to why - “lack of effort” seems to suggest something more than the result but doesn’t tell you what they wanted as well as the result.

I don’t mind unrealistic or even unreasonable fan expectations, but it is frustrating how often FM throws up an interaction or reaction without giving any way for the player to know what they did wrong or what the game expected. There may be an explanation for this - that’s what my suggestions were trying to get to - but there’s no way of knowing with the little information the game offers.

I don't care much about it either. But if I hadn't exceeded expectations, this could have harmed the morale and confidence of the fans, creating pressure on the management.

Inbox items for weeks on end about a player inching his way closer to the club's assist record. "So and so" is only 5 more away. 4 more away. 3.

And what happens when he breaks it? Nothing. Not a single inbox item about this thing that the game has been building up towards for weeks on end. 

1 hora atrás, RDF Tactics disse:

I might be shooting myself in the foot but it's come to a point where I'm trying to get help to help and it's not being received. I've spent a lot of free time this year submitting things but it's empty, and it's a frustrating feeling getting no response (the world doesn't revolve around me and I'm not asking it to). Of course, I decided to use my free time in that way. Happy FM'ing and hopefully FM25 is a killer game! Peace.

Can you elaborate more on what is bothering you ? We're almost reaching April, I decided to leave FM aside and focus on other things and just wait for FM25. I think many feel this way apparently.

9 minutos atrás, RDF Tactics disse:

Lack of clarity and not following up on communication improvements (plus update roadmap). Amongst other things but my other things are more selfish thoughts. But this helps others help SI knowing where we’re at with things like bug tracking.

ive spent time reporting things. And they aren’t all things I just spot whilst playing, some things I look to test multiple times before reporting. It’s time consuming but for what? I don’t know if it’s going to be help or if what I’m reporting on will be changed anyway like interface issues as FM25 will be different. I (and we) want to be helpful with reporting for FM25 release too.

so my expectations isn’t for one last game-changing patch. Because they haven’t mentioned or promised that. But a roadmap for future updates is what they did mention. But also acknowledging they dropped the ball with communication and will improve that. These things would help those who want to help know where they’re at with things regarding reporting stuff.

FM is a passion of mine. So my words may come across a bit OTT and have people thinking “chill out, it’s their product”. I acknowledge that. But this passion has me wanting to go above to help improve the game, and others. I’m just at the point where I don’t think it’s worth it, for me. It’s time consuming and voluntary

It's legitimate to feel this way when you devote time and energy to improve a product you like and get no response/feedback. The irony to me is that some mods here are quick to quote people telling them to post stuff they find unusual or bugs on the bug tracker, but then they will feel disappointed anyway doing so. 

To sum up, posting on the feedback thread = useless. Posting on the bug tracker = useless. 

Sometimes I feel like SI has no idea how many passionate FM fans there are out there wanting to help improve the game. 

Edited by Rodrigogc