Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

28 minutos atrás, Kevinho7 disse:

If the results in FM would always be a one on one copy of irl, it would make the game a bit boring to me 😅 I love the storylines that unfold within the game. Small clubs overperforming and big clubs falling down the ladder. It creates your own world. 

Funny anecdote… I remember back on fm10 i saw ADO Den Haag (which is a very small club in dutch football) finish in 5th or 6th place in the dutch Eredivisie in my save. I was like come on how unrealistic is this?! 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Then one season later in real life, 2010/11, ADO ended up finishing in 7th place in the league qualifying for european playoffs 😂

Suddenly not so unrealistic anymore.. lool

I don't want to be that guy, but ADO Den Haag is not that small. They have won 2 Eredvise titles in the past, but it is the same number of titles that AZ have won for instance. They were coached by Ernst Happen (one of the best coaches of the past century) and won the Dutch cup in the 60s as well. FC Twente won only one Eredvise title and it wouldn't surprise anyone if they finish 3rd in the league. 

The Dutch and the Portuguese leagues in FM are similar in this sense, they are hard to win as a small club but not hard to finish around 4th~7th in the league. 

Edited by Rodrigogc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the best fm since fm21. Yeah there are quirks and flaws with the UI and player interaction but the M.E is very good, yes there are flaws in it which I think could have been tweaked for final winter update but's definitely a step in the right direction if fm25 can build on it with much better graphics and more immersion. I can now see why SI didnt tweak it as a lot of things can go wrong with the balance and then we'd all be complaining that they destroyed it

6 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

I don't want to be that guy, but ADO Den Haag is not that small. They have won 2 Eredvise titles in the past, but it is the same number of titles that AZ have won for instance. They were coached by Ernst Happen (one of the best coaches of the past century) and won the Dutch cup in the 60s as well. FC Twente won only one Eredvise title and it wouldn't surprise anyone if they finish 3rd in the league. 

Mate ADO won 2 eredivisietitles in the early 40’s when Holland was taken over by the germans during ww2. 

Ado, for the most part during history, has always been a club switching between relegations and promotions, with only just a couple of highlight seasons on top level. Last year they had the 4th biggest budget of the dutch 2nd division with only 2.7 million. 

But, nevertheless, i don’t want to go out explaining dutch footballing history over here. That wasn’t really the point of my reply to Rdf in the first place. It was more about how fm can create storylines by the game not always being a exact copy of irl, which personally, i like 🙂

21 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

The Dutch and the Portuguese leagues in FM are similar in this sense, they are hard to win as a small club but not hard to finish around 4th~7th in the league. 

On this part i’m actually very much in agreement tho. Used to be harder for newly promoted sides to do well in the Eredivisie, but this doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. Shows how the league is digressing in overall quality unfortunately :(

23 minutos atrás, Kevinho7 disse:

On this part i’m actually very much in agreement tho. Used to be harder for newly promoted sides to do well in the Eredivisie, but this doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. Shows how the league is digressing in overall quality unfortunately :(

As a brazilian, Dutch football has always been a favorite of mine in Europe, since it was similar to Brazilian football in terms of how they valued the technical side of the game. I haven't been following the league at all, but that 2009-10 FC Twente squad had great players. I've learned that AZ has been doing a great job with the academy, but I'm not familiar with the league these days. Portugal on the other hand has been putting out the best generation of players I've seen, with the Big 3 always selling great portuguese players to the big leagues. 

Edited by Rodrigogc

7 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

As a brazilian, Dutch football has always been a favorite of mine in Europe, since it was similar to Brazilian football in terms of how they valued the technical side of the game. I haven't been following the league at all, but that 2009-10 FC Twente squad had great players. I've learned that AZ has been doing a great job with the academy, but I'm not familiar with the league these days. Portugal on the other hand has been putting out the best generation of players I've seen, with the Big 3 always selling great portuguese players to the big leagues. 

Oh wauw that’s actually pretty cool that our dutch league is a favourite to you as a brazilian! Many great brazilians played over here as well ofcourse 🙏🏻

1 hour ago, SHK-555 said:

I think this is the best fm since fm21. Yeah there are quirks and flaws with the UI and player interaction but the M.E is very good, yes there are flaws in it which I think could have been tweaked for final winter update but's definitely a step in the right direction if fm25 can build on it with much better graphics and more immersion. I can now see why SI didnt tweak it as a lot of things can go wrong with the balance and then we'd all be complaining that they destroyed it

What balance? I have the feeling the ME was destroyed from the beginning by letting all teams play the same. Try to play a tactic that doesn't involve positional play roles, doesn't rely on keeping possession and wants to really hard press or be a low block. You won't really succeed. Not that FM23 was perfect, but there were clear playing style distinctions, distinctions in the statistics. In FM24, tactically you can make a lot of different things happen, with any team - as long as you're focused on possession and dynamism and don't bother that much about direct football or defending altogether.

I think FM simulates things really well at the moment, especially if you compare it to what it used to be. If you manage for example in Spain, in general it is a relieving fact that teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atlético etc generally do perform well and give you at least some kind of a challenge.

Sure, skillful players and exploit users probably will beat them even in season one but an average player and exploit avoider like me can actually have quite nice career there. I generally tend to lose interest when I start to win and clearly over achieve or when I notice that I have totally rebuilt the team. Newgens are luckily nowadays better balanced in terms of attributes which means that they do not destroy the whole gaming universe. 

I remember back in FM 2018 I think when I had to save the game before every game that Barcelona, Real Madrid or Atlético and reload if they lost at home against the weakest team in the league. So basically manually keep the league somewhat realistic. FM has come a lot forward from those days. 

Promises need to be far more clear with what sufficiently addresses said promise.

A few of my players came to me saying they weren't happy with the goalkeeping depth. No issue with this as I had a recruitment focus out on finding a new back up keeper anyway, so as you would I tell the players I was looking to address it.

I signed a 23 year old, with his current level being a "decent premier league goalkeeper" with the potential to be better. This should be enough to complete the promise.

Transfer window closes and the captain is "unhappy at the failure to strengthen the first team squad in goal" and clicking his profile it says he feels there's a lack of quality in goalkeeping depth.

I don't know whether he expected a new no1 or what, or even if it's maybe a bug, but signing a keeper who's at a decent level should be suitable for a backup option.

Decided to give this game another go after finding it broken and most importantly INCREDIBLY easy. Picked a weak team in Latvia (FS Metta, predicted to finish 6th, finished 9th out of 10 in real life) and decided to listen to people who say I need to place restrictions on myself to enjoy the game. So, I started with no badges and decided to use only Latvians who are less than 20 years old. Additionally, I decided not to spend any money on transfers, so I spent 3~ hours revamping my team using only Amateur contracts, loans, and free transfers. 

10 games in, I'm 3rd in the league, undefeated, and beat Riga away who has a yearly budget of 16mil in real life. Uninstalled. 

Edited by XaW
language

12 hours ago, makavali said:

Decided to give this game another go after finding it broken and most importantly INCREDIBLY easy. Picked a weak team in Latvia (FS Metta, predicted to finish 6th, finished 9th out of 10 in real life) and decided to listen to people who say I need to place restrictions on myself to enjoy the game. So, I started with no badges and decided to use only Latvians who are less than 20 years old. Additionally, I decided not to spend any money on transfers, so I spent 3~ hours revamping my team using only Amateur contracts, loans, and free transfers. 

10 games in, I'm 3rd in the league, undefeated, and beat Riga away who has a yearly budget of 16mil in real life. Uninstalled. 

Ah but you clearly didn't play 5 defenders, 3 DMs and 2 WBs all on defend duty so that's void mate sorry.

2 hours ago, Kcinnay said:

What balance? I have the feeling the ME was destroyed from the beginning by letting all teams play the same. Try to play a tactic that doesn't involve positional play roles, doesn't rely on keeping possession and wants to really hard press or be a low block. You won't really succeed. Not that FM23 was perfect, but there were clear playing style distinctions, distinctions in the statistics. In FM24, tactically you can make a lot of different things happen, with any team - as long as you're focused on possession and dynamism and don't bother that much about direct football or defending altogether.

I've played various recreation tactics and they play different. AI teams maybe look like they play the same, but as a player I can play any style I want. FM23 was the worst in the series in my opinion simply for fact playing away from home your entire team becomes donkeys

2 hours ago, Litmanen 10 said:

Signing a backup goalkeeper isn't strengthening that area. You are adding depth. 

Well done fella but that's exactly what the promise was. Add depth. Which is what I said in my initial post. Hence why I added depth.

Also, not sure if it's just my skin, but the little preview of how a role moves for both the DLP and the DM is the same, and is clearly intended for the DM role. Not sure if it's different for the CM strata, but for DM that's how it's appearing on my screen.

Edited by WelshMourinho

2 hours ago, SHK-555 said:

I've played various recreation tactics and they play different. AI teams maybe look like they play the same, but as a player I can play any style I want. FM23 was the worst in the series in my opinion simply for fact playing away from home your entire team becomes donkeys

Look at the pass completion ratio, look at the OPPDA. Almost no difference between a tiki taka-team and Tony Pulis-like teams.

A small thing about contract renewal negotiations...

So, i would like to renew the contract of a certain player - that player wants initially 3 times the wage that the board has set as limit - why am i unable to explain that his demands are simply out of reach and why gets he upset when i promise new negotiations and he claims the same out of reach demands (well it was 2,5 times the wage limit).

Shouldnt the players know the limits and either search for a club that can pay the wage demand or accept the lower offer instead of being upset at the person that can absolutely do nothing about it?

Other players i wanted to keep show the red "you are unable to pay their wage demand and wont negotiate" message as well which is unfortunate but does not kill the player and team morale at least bcs that player above made the team upset as well!

Edited by Etebaer

7 hours ago, Kcinnay said:

Look at the pass completion ratio, look at the OPPDA. Almost no difference between a tiki taka-team and Tony Pulis-like teams.

I don't care about numbers, i'm concerned what happens on the pitch and the game passes the eyetest it's never going to replicate real life it's a game at the end of the day

8 hours ago, SHK-555 said:

I don't care about numbers, i'm concerned what happens on the pitch and the game passes the eyetest it's never going to replicate real life it's a game at the end of the day

And we differ in the eyetest. I want to see different things from my teams (real life and FM) when I give some instructions. When I set up a very direct tactic, with the appropriate over the top settings, I expect to see an awful lot of direct balls and - of course - a lot of turnovers, loss of ball possession. Just compare to the gameplay in FM 23.

22 hours ago, Kcinnay said:

It's quite clear that FM23 was designed to be more realistic, with FM24 more novice friendly and allowing players to play out their footballing fantasies with ease.

2 hours ago, Kcinnay said:

And we differ in the eyetest. I want to see different things from my teams (real life and FM) when I give some instructions. When I set up a very direct tactic, with the appropriate over the top settings, I expect to see an awful lot of direct balls and - of course - a lot of turnovers, loss of ball possession. Just compare to the gameplay in FM 23.

Yeah I often feel like this with through balls.

If I set things up for max central through balls I'd like to see it attempted regularly, even if unsuccessfully.

Overhit through balls, intercepted through balls, swept up through balls... 

Edited by whatsupdoc

22 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

So many things one has to overlook to play this game and don't be frustrated. 

In the vanilla game, yes. But the wonderful work done by modders in the free pre-game editor and my own tinkering give me the game and game world I want. And the IGE exists to remove dumb player meltdowns :idiot::lol:!

did someone else experienced the game freezing during kick off after scoring a goal...? opponent player swings his leg in a loop and nothing happens (you don't need to provide any solutions, i'm just asking if it happened to somebody else)

Has anybody else noticed in their game that Everton always starts this player 'Halid Djankpata' ever since the update? At first, I thought it was a one-off but looking into a different save, Everton don't have an injury crisis or anything. Better players on the bench but Dyche seems to always pick him

image.thumb.png.545c2cb3a300836f68b3c758de38e4b9.png

7 hours ago, Kcinnay said:

I don't know I just understand the limitations, sure I realise some of the roles and duties are restricted which ends up producing repetitive outcomes, it's a far cry from the sliders, but formations and style of play to your liking can be implemented maybe not to extreme levels but close enough to play like a man city tika taka style of play if you wish.

I would like to see more counter attack strategies being more viable, as attacking gegen press seems to be the go to but that's reflective on how most teams play in real life. I just think if you focus too much on whats wrong, you don't appreciate all the things the game does well in replicating a football match on the pitch from the players movement, unique player i.d in a database of millions of players, animations and up to date data and then you have the option of creating your own database to create your own footballing world made up of your own rules. As for FM23 i hated it, it felt robotic and defensive play was nonsensical with defenders not being able to deal with long balls or they would randomly stand still and wait to be disposed. When errors happen on FM24 they look buyable and organic 

It's weird people hold FM23 up as a paragon of variety when in my mind it was one of if not the most plug and play easy to win versions we've had yet where experimentation was pointless if you enjoy ever winning a game.

Whereas FM24 is by far the most varied where I can see a difference between the different roles and styles I'm trying to implement.

The fact the players position themselves much better has made so many more rest defences and shapes in attack possible too.

The one where I've experimented with formations and styles far more than any other version in fact.

This is one of the big challenges for SI there are millions playing the game and we all see it differently.

Edited by kiwityke1983

3 hours ago, bababooey said:

Is it any more than previous versions? This throw-in thing is already legendary as it has been in the game for ages. Set pieces in general have been such that you can be effective in them quite easily. Already in games like FM 2007 you had really effective corner kick routines available so this is nothing new. 

6 hours ago, Litmanen 10 said:

Is it any more than previous versions? This throw-in thing is already legendary as it has been in the game for ages. Set pieces in general have been such that you can be effective in them quite easily. Already in games like FM 2007 you had really effective corner kick routines available so this is nothing new. 

Near post corners are OP.

Also, question: I'm well under the wage budget and have spent zero on transfers but still appear to be bankrupting the club I'm at. Is this normal?

6 hours ago, Litmanen 10 said:

It doesn't matter if it's been in previous versions.  That actually makes it worse that it hasn't been addressed.

The defending of the "second phase" of a set piece is virtually non-existent. This is game breaking stuff. 

33 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Near post corners are OP.

As they have probably almost always been?

5 minutes ago, bababooey said:

It doesn't matter if it's been in previous versions.  That actually makes it worse that it hasn't been addressed.

The defending of the "second phase" of a set piece is virtually non-existent. This is game breaking stuff. 

Check the match engine in general for example on comprehensive highlights and count how big the percentage of buildups at least start from set pieces. The number is big. I have concluded that to create at least something in terms of creating chances, the buildups need to start from deadball situations where the players are positioned in a certain way. This is one of the reasons why for example goal kicks and kick-offs might be a decent source of creating chances. 

I think with the current positional play this has become a bit better but still: the majority of buildups do start from set pieces. The set piece itself might not have much to do with the goals scored or chances created but the game does need these as platforms.

As many things have dragged on in the game for more than ten years even, it is a system limitation and they probably simply cannot be fixed with the current match engine. That is why I am eagerly waiting for FM 2025 to come. This is the version where we can expect to see noticeable changes in the match engine. 

13 hours ago, zeza said:

Recruitment Focuses are still glitched. Wow.

I don't think its specifically the recruitment focuses though - its a symptom not a cause. The focuses definitely will recommend players. Finding the players though? That's another story. We've already posted in that bug thread that there's no difference between having 30 scouts and 1 scout in the number of scouted player reports you get back. I'm not sure if they're willfully ignoring that or just stuck on the fact that in the bug report it says recruitment focuses. I'm a little disappointed none of the other concerns have been addressed at all in there. I have to laugh that the screenshot that was replied to you had basically said to scout the world and the game decided it was basically only going to scout English league based players for recommendations. And after "scouting the world" there were only 10 recommendations of players.

4 scouts, scouting any area and 10 players of everything from poor to excellent standard are "success". I have no idea how long that focus was run but if it weren't for the match engine I'd have completely reverted back to 21 by now.

5 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Also, question: I'm well under the wage budget and have spent zero on transfers but still appear to be bankrupting the club I'm at. Is this normal?

How much are you paying out in appearance fees and bonuses? Those don’t count against your wage budget so it’s easy to overlook them. Same for loyalty bonuses.

For some time now I have removed appearance fees from contract negotiations and reduced loyalty bonuses, in favour of goal / assist / clean sheet and competition win bonuses. I’ve never had a player/agent insist and it has made a big difference to club finances.

Edited by NineCloudNine

I play Football Manager since FM18 and I really love the game. But the bugs this year are really bad, looks like SI does not test the game.

I thought maybe they will change things in the winter update but they did not. 

- Over 300 million Euro , rich and my new salary budget is getting worse then previous season : - 20 million. 
- New stadium , board says to less supporters : Waiting list : 70.000 people. 

See printscreens. 

Finance tab.jpg

Season Waiting list.jpg

Edited by FM24PSV

FM 24 is very easy, despite playing in hard mode, which means giving up killer tactics. I focused on my old 4-3-3 proven in previus versions, with three central midfielders and three strikers and playing in the middle of the field - i think i broke all the recommendations from the forum ;) People write here that the central midfielders have been nerfed, but i dont see it, and im writing about my Casertana, with whom I entered Serie A in third season, and, as my schedule shows, i'm doing quite well 

tkt1.png

tkt2.png

terminarz.png

On 15/03/2024 at 13:55, whatsupdoc said:

Sounds like whoever sets the budgets is the problem on that front.

On 15/03/2024 at 13:55, whatsupdoc said:

This has been bugging me on my current save with Greuther Furth. I'd really love to manage the clubs finances in a better way but it feels impossible. I try to spend wisely or use the youth system so rarely use my transfer of wage budget. I was thinking the other day that i'd love to have an option to, essentially, give that back to the club. Low and behold, a message arrives that says the club are doing exactly that. They take the lot. £25m in transfer budget and the remainder of the £150kpw wage budget. The finances were £10m in the red at this point. They're now £25m in the red. I'm not a mathematician or an accountant but that's not exactly what I had in mind. 

Is there a bug that prevents your backroom staff from moving to your new club? I reloaded a save to double check and it seems to be. I select all my changes and the day I move only a handful of my staff actually moved, the rest get fired from my ex-team. I think none of the first team coaches moved. 

Will the fitness issues and player availability (or rather lack of) ever be fixed for the World Club Championship?

This has been complained about for what? 2-3 releases and seemingly just ignored. So frustrating that when we reach this we have to work around something that should have been fixed years ago.

Even with managing games and playing lower tempo and pressing and lots of rest Im going into the season with 4 players injured for 4 weeks thanks to this, and thats with the final still to go!!

Edited by dunk105

12 hours ago, Itego said:

Mudryk's skillful goal against Newcastle can never happen in fm24 lol, players don't dribble like that in fm

rodrigoal.gif.c365dfe1866861b9dbb62c1031

I think this was a decent dribbling goal. 

For next versions of the game, I would like to see some more logical behaviour regarding traveling - availability of training. For example, pre-season and I am playing a friendly in Australia with a Greek team.

Screenshot_1.png.c7d2a48b15f70bb444555466e5da557a.png

====

The flight time is around 20+ hours from Greece to Australia, so it doesn't make sense to have training in the day with travel as well as at the returning as well.

5 hours ago, Litmanen 10 said:

rodrigoal.gif.c365dfe1866861b9dbb62c1031

I think this was a decent dribbling goal. 

Wait this actually happens in fm24 wow, the last time I saw something like this constantly was fm15 lol

3 hours ago, Itego said:

Wait this actually happens in fm24 wow, the last time I saw something like this constantly was fm15 lol

Been happening since beta. 

On 16/03/2024 at 21:07, Polando said:

FM 24 is very easy, despite playing in hard mode, which means giving up killer tactics. I focused on my old 4-3-3 proven in previus versions, with three central midfielders and three strikers and playing in the middle of the field - i think i broke all the recommendations from the forum ;) People write here that the central midfielders have been nerfed, but i dont see it, and im writing about my Casertana, with whom I entered Serie A in third season, and, as my schedule shows, i'm doing quite well 

tkt1.png

tkt2.png

terminarz.png

Formations like this should automatically lose if the game is a football simulation.