What will you do when FM24 is officially released on Nov 6?

What will you do when FM24 is officially released on Nov 6?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. How will you play on FM24 when it is officially released on Nov 6?

• Keep playing my current save (beta or FM23 import)
    • Start a new save unemployed
    • Start a new save picking a club of choice
    • I'm skipping (or undecided about) FM24
    • Other (please explain in comments)

You can fix the names in FM23 and load the save in FM24 plus some data needs moved to a FM24 subfolder that is corresponding with the FM23 subfolder in question.

Started a new league in FM23 yesterday as my first try was containing so much data it was to slow for my taste and i reduced the database by 3/4 of its size so it runs acceptable.

Was going to start a new save with either Warrington Town or Sampdoria (not much difference!) but I'm enjoying my Stirling beta save too much, so I'll continue on that for now, unless the switch from beta to main game mucks it up in some way. If it doesn't, I'll probably start a new save after the Winter Update, but possibly sooner. 

3 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

I will do what I always do.

1. Download PGE(and buy IGE).

2. Transfer editor files from 2023(pray that it is mostly fine).

3. Spend time doing work on files that can't be transfered.

4. Do that for 1 month or so.

5. Start to feel like I am ready for a save.

6. Use the editor to look for a player for a club inspiration or Find a team with a "quirk(can be anything really)" by looking at WhoScored, Twitter, /r/soccer etc.

7. Find one.

8. Spend more time creating/editing files for that team.

9. Sim a couple of times to see if everything works alright.

10. Get bored of idea/get another save idea.

and then just repeat steps 6-10

I have not played an actual save for years

Thats me as well .... SNAP

I always use very lower league databases, and there's no need to wait for new FM24 ones to be created this time. Rather than wait one more day, I've adapted and fired up a new tier-13 save in FM23, ported it over to the beta and will keep going with it when the game updates tomorrow.

I will be downloading the Demo first to see if I will get into it. I'm currently using FM22, I got the FM23 demo and it didn't grab me enough to want to buy it. I'm 99% certain FM24 will give me enough extra compared to FM22 but want to make sure first.

I always wait until leagues updates and realism mods come out. Maybe even the first big patch.

This year I am very curious about completely updating and modding  out a FM23 save and then just importing that. As I do long term saves 30+ years. Current transfers or standings are pretty useless

Wait for the lower leagues and realism mods. So I can begin a long term save. This year I am doing a create a club save. Bit different from my normal unemployed journey man. 

Plus I find there is always atleast a few possible big game breaking bugs at the start. 

This year the new gen issues and some of the AI bugs put me off starting till i see them get fixed/improved. 

I do find with FM these days half my time is spent waiting for bug fixes or for a mod to get released. 

22 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

Wait for the lower leagues and realism mods. So I can begin a long term save. This year I am doing a create a club save. Bit different from my normal unemployed journey man. 

But there's no need. I've ported over my FM23 save with 84 realism files by Daveincid, FMTU and Notorious Pro along with my 13-tier lower league file. Not a smidgin of an issue.

Probably going to start a new save game in Japan, which was my initial plan when I found that the J League was back. Going to be a wrench to give up my West Ham beta save, though - I'm just at the stage where I've added some key new players for the future and am getting attached to the squad.

Edited by rp1966

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

But there's no need. I've ported over my FM23 save with 84 realism files by Daveincid, FMTU and Notorious Pro along with my 13-tier lower league file. Not a smidgin of an issue.

Technically you wont know if there is an issue yet. The database could break after 15 years like the one version of FM where newgens decreased every year and it took months for the player base to realize it.

Started my jorney as at Lyon a few days back and now thinking if to continue or scrap it and start over again. 

As this is my first time trying beta, what are the pros and cons with sticking to the beta save in comparison to the fresh start on full release? Well, besides the fact that i would not play today 😀

11 minutes ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

Technically you wont know if there is an issue yet. The database could break after 15 years like the one version of FM where newgens decreased every year and it took months for the player base to realize it.

Maybe, but the point is that would be exactly the same whether you use a ported-over FM23 db or a fresh FM24 one.

2 minutes ago, insane_hiro said:

Started my jorney as at Lyon a few days back and now thinking if to continue or scrap it and start over again. 

As this is my first time trying beta, what are the pros and cons with sticking to the beta save in comparison to the fresh start on full release? Well, besides the fact that i would not play today 😀

I started a new ported-over FM23 save today rather than wait. I can't foresee any reason not to go with the beta. And if I'm wrong, I've only wasted a day.

9 minutes ago, insane_hiro said:

Main con (or pro depending on your preferences) is that you won't have any of the competition rule changes/fixes implemented in the full version. All other bug fixes should apply at least. IIRC there was a development bug in one year's beta, I think that was fixed even carrying over saves, but players stats weren't retroactively increased so you could've still missed out on months/years of development. Not sure what, if any, issues are in this year's beta though so there really could be nothing other than rule changes.

Other... 🙈

I have such a dilemma lol. Waiting for the fm24 give aways, hope to win. If not, im afraid im gonna spent my last pennies on the game hehe. But heard also the prices gonna rise after tomorrow, is that correct? 

I saw one from Eneba with discount, are they reliable? And also when u receive the key after tomorrow u cant refund it. So even if i would win a give away, my last pennies would be gone anyway lol. So ye thats my situation from tomorrow on. Helppp! 😅

I will carry on my FM2023 save for few more weeks. I have already bought FM2024 but my FM2023 save is in interesting phase and I need closure for that.

Edited by Arijit
quoting not working. fixed the response

19 hours ago, Trucce said:

Start a new save with Newcastle and go for the long run!

However, I do find it a bit strange with these Monday releases. I would prefer it being a Friday release so I can play all weekend. ;)

I am one of the lucky ones who work from home (in software engineering profession). I have multi-monitor setup and one monitor is attached with my Mac. I can still play during weekdays, although the progress will be slower than during weekends.