*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, dabbsjoe said:

have attached an image of the error messages.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 18.48.37.png

So I've double checked and there is no way around it requiring OS11. That in itself is a limiting factor. We do have an article which details the update process and provides some additional links to check if your system is compatible and how to get the update should it be needed.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/10005376781585

• Administrators

We may have them under review already, but if you're spotting Gameplay, Match or UI issues on FM23, the best place to raise them is our Bug Tracker: 

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-early-access-beta-bugs-tracker/

Is there a forum/thread where we can post with regards to Data error e.g Manager still being in charge of a team/Assistant still at the club despite them being sacked.

Cardiff City still have Steve Morison as manager and Tom Ramasut as assistant despite both being sacked on 18th September. I thought initially that there must be a cut off Date but seems not to have been that date as it was the same date that Roberto De Zerbi was appointed as Brighton Manager and he is currently correct.

Edited by kopfan1977

Just now, kopfan1977 said:

Is there a forum/thread where we can post with regards to Data error e.g Manager still being in charge of a team/Assistant still at the club despite them being sacked.

Cardiff City still have Steve Morison as manager and Tom Ramasut as assistant despite both being sacked on 18th September. I thought initially that there must be a cut off Date but seems not to have been that date as it was the same date that Roberto De Zerbi was appointed as Brighton Manager.

Can be found here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-early-access-beta-bugs-tracker/database-and-research/ 

The database in beta won't be fully up to date so there will be things missing that have already been updated.

2 minutes ago, agoran said:

Can you help me, i copy my graphics pack from FM 2022 but now i dont have player faces in game what should I do? there are in folder but not in the game... please help

Clear cache, reload skin? All that good stuff

26 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Slightly disappointed to see this is unchanged. I made a feature request a couple of years ago requesting that the size of the picture you have to add nodes to be increased in size, because on a 1440p monitor it's really awkward and fiddly.

image.png.3f14b78ec766b8c91aebc7fc9ec8e1c4.png

image.png.7187c86f906a9bd2cb914494626d6780.png

On the other hand there is a change to the Create Manager screen - you can no longer Edit Face to change the facial structure like you used to be able to do. Wonderful :) 

Am I correct in saying that because this is just a BETA version that I have no real say with regards to my U23/U18 Staff until the full release. As I am unable to see or view them.

It shouldn't be any different from the normal game, double check your responsibilities

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

It shouldn't be any different from the normal game, double check your responsibilities

Just did. Took control of all responsibilities on who to hire/fire/courses etc. I still cannot see who the 'Staff' are. I'm just about to save and reload to see if that works

Just did. Took control of all responsibilities on who to hire/fire/courses etc. I still cannot see who the 'Staff' are. I'm just about to save and reload to see if that works

Sounds odd, which team are you?

3 minutes ago, agoran said:

Can you help me, i copy my graphics pack from FM 2022 but now i dont have player faces in game what should I do? there are in folder but not in the game... please help

Happened to me as well mate. 

I don't think you can clear cache on FM23 or if you can you have to do it differently to other FM's as I couldn't find how to do it either.

The one thing that did fix it was redownload the facepack and put it in the right Faces folder and then go into preferences and reload skin etc.

image.thumb.png.b25ea000f4bbda80949e55e1628fe32f.png

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

Sounds odd, which team are you?

That's the U21 staff screen. Unlike the First team staff page the 'Coaching team' is not underlined and allowing me to click on it to see who the staff are that are employed. Same with the U18 team.

Has U23 now changed over to U21? 

staffissue.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheAwesomeGem said:

Can you explain how to enable full detail simulation?

Click FM options button in upper right corner of the screen

Then click 'Detail level'.

Then select your country or cup you want to edit

On the right side you can select parts of that competition for a full detail.

Click confirm.

• SI Staff
Just now, Pasonen said:

Click FM options button in upper right corner of the screen

Then click 'Detail level'.

Then select your country or cup you want to edit

On the right side you can select parts of that competition for a full detail.

Click confirm.

Thank you for answering this. Pasonen is correct. As I mentioned in the other thread you posted this @TheAwesomeGemyour image is from the quick match engine not the full match engine. Although what you have raised is a known issue with the QME itself.

1 hour ago, metal_guitarist said:

Try restarting Steam, usually works 

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

If you have early access then you should be able to see it in the Steam Library, check your library again, could it be in the "Uncategorised Category"?

Thanks chaps. Probably unrelated, but I rebooted fully as I had a Windows update and now downloaded

Edited by KillYourIdols

Twenty minutes in. So far so good but two things made the start a chore:

1) Set pieces. The player symbols are larger than ever and "feel" harder to move
2) There is a bug in the language files. There are way too many German words left untranslated and that is just immersion-breaking. Once that session is finished, I'll report that properly. /edit: Apparently changing the language now requires two seperate button clicks.

I can't speak about speed and fluidity right now because I am on a new system. The most positive aspect right now is the squad planner. It made it a lot easier to identify target positions and "development paths". On to the transfer window proper!

Edited by Piperita

56 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

So I've double checked and there is no way around it requiring OS11. That in itself is a limiting factor. We do have an article which details the update process and provides some additional links to check if your system is compatible and how to get the update should it be needed.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/10005376781585

thanks, unable to update to anything past 10.17 OS.

new laptop ordered already

29 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

image.png.598166286f38cdc429c5ecee880d39b9.png

Looks like the Belgian researcher has snuck himself into the game. Not quite To Madeira, but not far off it. Pity about the age!! 

hahaha he's also in mine but just as that trusty wise old head, perfect at the centre of a back three to mop everything up

image.thumb.png.c86bf5475e1e91054bb81d80e501510f.png