FM23 Headline Features Revealed

30 minutes ago, Harrymcintyre said:

Will there be any more stuff revealed for this years game or is this it? 

Maybe QoL of bits but nothing big

I was a bit disappointed that the "in-depth" ME article didn't really give much more. I was hoping to know more on changes to pressing, how different formations are viable e.c.t

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, BrightLad5 said:

I've got 1086 in FM22. My Beta save was 3 seasons with AC Milan (target man challenge with Giroud!) Then I moved to a unemployed journeyman on full release, starting in Denmark, dotting about and spending 5/6 seasons there before getting the job at Monaco and spending 4/5 seasons trying to overturn PSG before finally finishing that save with a year at Aston Villa! Most recently I started a Rebuild save with Real Zaragoza in May. I'm about 7 season in to this one, trying to get Zaragoza back up into European football after a fall from grace over the last 20/30 years! Just started my final season before FM23 is out :D

I do play with a lot of attention to detail, and like the challenge of a journeyman, having to re-evaluate the team and "start over" with each new team you manage, but yes I also love a one-club save. I'll turn my hand to any save/challenge tbh! :lol:

Pretty much how i like to play as well.
Unemployed journeyman on full release, until next FM. All leagues and countries on playable with +400k players. Now i'm in March 2050 and doing pretty well with Sassuolo. Just need to find a way to topple Juventus :D
As you, i love attention to details. The stuff we mentioned earlier are the kind of details i would love to pay attention to. But if i don't need to pay attention to it in order to succeed i'll consider it unnecessary and won't pay attention at all to it.

Seeing as i'm in 2050 one might say i'm just racing through. I suppose i am. But that is because i can. There are so many screens and features i avoid completely because they are not needed at all.
I wish they were needed because i would definitely start paying attention to it if they were.
Immersion is wonderful. I just wish it was meaningful within FM in order to get where i want to get. If it's not meaningful or necessary then i don't need it there; if you get what i mean.

Regarding the headline features for FM23:

- Recruitment Revamp: No idea. Sounds good. Will wait and see. Although i don't care about the squad planner. I have a squad planner in my head already. That's more than enough. And it's very dynamic :D
- Match AI and Animation: Well....good. It's already good but could also be much better. i don't see this as a headline feature.  That is a bit ominous of what might (not) come later.
- UEFA Licenses: Not really bothered at all.
- Supporter Confidence: Don't we kind of have that already? Is it another part of the game that'll get a slight update, taken out of the full picture and called headline? I hope not but it's happened before. Not really bothered.
- Dynamic Manager Timeline: Don't care. On the surface it's just yet another screen i can easily avoid.

The biggest thing on my wishlist, which i've mentioned before, is: Fix the plethora of bugs that's been there since forever. Added/revamped features or not; fix them, It's tiresome having to go through the same bugs year after year.
The low priority bugs should be bumped up one notch in priority before every iteration, if they can't be fixed in the current one. Otherwise they'll forever be an off-putting nuisance.

My word....i'm becoming a grumpy old man, aren't i :D

5 hours ago, XaW said:

I don't really have any issue with that. Personally, I think the game has all the features it really requires to be a great game, and I'd rather they gave out a new version with 0 new features and just fixed and improved stuff already in the game, but considering how people are reacting to the headline features here, I doubt that would go down well...

I personally, don't see these features, features. They are improvements upon something that already exists. For me a Feature, is something new, that doesn't exists in game and its added to the game, like woman's football. That is a feature. All of these announcements, what it can be considered a feature is the UEFA Licenses (the competition are there it can be considered an improvement, but the names weren't there in gam, so it is a feature in my books) and Dynamic Mangaer Timeline (this one can be debatable). The others are improvements and extensions of something already exists.

I For one, have no issue for SI have year of no new features to the game, in making fixes, they are improving upon what already exists, for me its plus. They have done this (no improvements) before in certain modules of the game and no one complained, and in some occasions quite the opposite happen, they were praised upon.

3 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

There seems to be a consensus that the top 3-4 features that are wanted are:

Set piece creator

Better graphics

Stadium Editor 

Enhancements to International football.

These seem to be the most talked about everywhere online.

An actual list what has been improved upon in the editor... well not sure, for the rest of the community, but its important at least for me.

One thing, I find an improvement in International Football, is being able to shift the dates of them in the Editor. Why? Because all of the half thoughts that was presented by Arsene Wenger in the reform of International Football, there was one that I actually liked and like to make in FM. International football condensed in span of month or two. Not this, crappy system we have now.

1 hour ago, grade said:

One thing, I find an improvement in International Football, is being able to shift the dates of them in the Editor. Why? Because all of the half thoughts that was presented by Arsene Wenger in the reform of International Football, there was one that I actually liked and like to make in FM. International football condensed in span of month or two. Not this, crappy system we have now.

Technically you can already do that. It'd be quite a bit of work, but it's certainly doable. You'd probably have to edit both leagues and internationals to get it working properly, unless you wanted it mid-season then you might get away with just doing internationals and letting the leagues postpone/re-arrange fixtures automatically. Although, you may still need to play around with league start/end dates to ensure you don't get some crazy fixture congestion towards the end of the season.

I did a full international overhaul and created over 100 leagues in FM22 already, adding a fixture date change to that would've barely affected the time it took, especially with all the options available for how leagues account for internationals already present in the game.

3 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Technically you can already do that. It'd be quite a bit of work, but it's certainly doable. You'd probably have to edit both leagues and internationals to get it working properly, unless you wanted it mid-season then you might get away with just doing internationals and letting the leagues postpone/re-arrange fixtures automatically. Although, you may still need to play around with league start/end dates to ensure you don't get some crazy fixture congestion towards the end of the season.

I did a full international overhaul and created over 100 leagues in FM22 already, adding a fixture date change to that would've barely affected the time it took, especially with all the options available for how leagues account for internationals already present in the game.

Wenger original plan was making international game in November and Fabruary, only two interruptions I was thinking more in lines of January and February (since its in periods most leagues stop, due to vacation (in case those that play between March and October/November) and Winter stoppage (between August to May) or end of season sort of event like American sports. My fear i thought the dates of international football would be hardcoded.

Must say im not impressed. I took a break last year and I feel like in the past few years were talking in circles. I see the same points being mentioned over and over again. Tiny improvements, nothing big to the obvious problems and graphics/UI. Shame to see its still not much better. Then again, there is no competition so there is no need to push it really far. 

35 minutes ago, grade said:

Wenger original plan was making international game in November and Fabruary, only two interruptions I was thinking more in lines of January and February (since its in periods most leagues stop, due to vacation (in case those that play between March and October/November) and Winter stoppage (between August to May) or end of season sort of event like American sports. My fear i thought the dates of international football would be hardcoded.

Nope, they're not hardcoded. The default set of international dates are in the database, and most international competitions do use them, but when editing you can definitely change to different dates if you want. IIRC a lot of the European dates are actually manually picked dates, rather than the default international dates in the database.

The only potential issue is clashes with continental games, they're harder to re-arrange than league games. That makes January very possible though, especially since a bunch of leagues have breaks during January already. You could probably pull in the last week of December and first week or two of February without any continental clashes too (at least for Europe, there may be some in Asia). I still have a spreadsheet with my custom international calendar and the most games I had in a single years was 13 for Europe. That included the Eur/SA supercup and the NL semi/final though, so most teams would only be playing 10. 10 games in a 6 or 7 week period is definitely possible. All of the other continents had less games than Europe too, usually 8 or 9 per year.

If you're interested I'll likely be updating my WC file for FM23 when it releases. That will contain the majority of international fixtures already (so many things are connected to the WC so have to be included even if there aren't any actual changes). You could change any competitions in that to your desired format and then just move all the qualifying etc. dates to January or something.

Although thinking about it, I'm not sure if teams would still arrange friendlies during the default international periods or not, or if there's any way to prevent that if they do.

7 hours ago, FM1000 said:

LOL I did not know they were redoing all animations for woman's football....

This has to be a joke right, on one side we have a game in 2022 where players like Messi,Mpabe, Neymar don't actually dribble with the ball in the ME, they just run wide with it...

No slow dribbling animations, no elasticos, no start and stop dribbling, no stepovers no nothing and the explanation for this is there are no resources, BUT MAGICALLY THERE ARE TO MODEL ANIMATIONS FOR WOMANS FOOTBALL???

spacer.png

WOW.  you'd think they use the same animations engine as mens, but sounds like women football will get a complete overhaul with new animations, new player models and new M.E which we have been begging for years, but for for fm fans they will have to make due with the goalies become more intimidating, by sticking their leg out as if they weren't hard enough to beat and now in fm23 you will be able to see players can control the ball on their chest before volleying lol

49 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Nope, they're not hardcoded. The default set of international dates are in the database, and most international competitions do use them, but when editing you can definitely change to different dates if you want. IIRC a lot of the European dates are actually manually picked dates, rather than the default international dates in the database.

The only potential issue is clashes with continental games, they're harder to re-arrange than league games. That makes January very possible though, especially since a bunch of leagues have breaks during January already. You could probably pull in the last week of December and first week or two of February without any continental clashes too (at least for Europe, there may be some in Asia). I still have a spreadsheet with my custom international calendar and the most games I had in a single years was 13 for Europe. That included the Eur/SA supercup and the NL semi/final though, so most teams would only be playing 10. 10 games in a 6 or 7 week period is definitely possible. All of the other continents had less games than Europe too, usually 8 or 9 per year.

If you're interested I'll likely be updating my WC file for FM23 when it releases. That will contain the majority of international fixtures already (so many things are connected to the WC so have to be included even if there aren't any actual changes). You could change any competitions in that to your desired format and then just move all the qualifying etc. dates to January or something.

Although thinking about it, I'm not sure if teams would still arrange friendlies during the default international periods or not, or if there's any way to prevent that if they do.

I won't hijack the thread any longer, but I was under impression that they will still be arrange friendlies. But it is case of testing, or any SI personnel clear this doubts for us.

7 hours ago, (sic) said:

I don't think you are in a minority. Everyone plays the game differently.

Just out of curiosity, how many hours have you put into FM22? You sound like someone that pays attention to detail, and likes to stick to one club/save for a longer period of time. I'm usually the opposite of that (seeing that I have managed 10-20 different clubs in FM22, usually for a few seasons only. I think my longest save was Tranmere, where I went on to play 6-7 seasons).

Sometimes, I just want to speed through a season, just making a tactic, signing players, and then trying to win as many games as possible. So in that case, I might not pay attention to every single part/feature of the game. Often I'd find a lot of these features irrelevant, as they don't necessarily help me win. If I make a good tactic, and if I have a team with players good enough to carry out those instructions, I'm already 90% there. The game relies on player's attributes (including hidden attributes), after all. So attributes in combination with tactics (instructions, and roles/duties) has the most impact in how well my team will perform in a match. At least that's how I see it, and it has worked well for me so far. 

Club vision doesn't help me, for example. I'm making my own tactical style, regardless of what the board wants me to play. I always try my best to get the team to finish as highest as possible, so I don't care about their goals. Mostly, I overachieve anyways, so they're happy with how I'm doing. 
I find staff-advice useless, as it usually changes my tactical style and philosophy, which I like to stick to.

I can absolutely see squad planner helping me, and being a big part of my gameplay moving forward. I'll have a much easier time of tracking down positions I need to strengthen. Same with recruitment revamp, it's gonna help me find exactly the type of players I need in my tactic.

To play devils advocate, even though I personally love all of the details in the game that you ignore, I often called them fluff because they really didn’t matter when it came down to it and that’s largely because it was so easy to overachieve in the game. Not sure if you were the type of player that created a tactic that always push forward and press but I think the game might be less forgiven this year with the defensive and AI changes where you may need to look into Data hub to make tweaks to squeeze out a for more wins. While your not overachieving, the board may be on your back more.

7 hours ago, BrightLad5 said:

Maybe I'm in a minority then. I for example love doing all the training, scouting and getting involved with pretty much everything, for example developing youth, tactic building, squad building. 

It seems you play a much more stripped down style of FM than I do, and in that case I can see why most of the recent features might not resonate with your style of play, so i take what you've said on board! :thup:

I play the game like you, i do all the training, tactics, squad building, scouting and indivitual training myself.

but because of that reason i dont use developement center, because if i take over training for b team and u19 it goes in a separate tab. I even let the u 19 manager and hoyd run the training for u19 and the players didnt improve.

I do all of the scouting assingments myself because the chief scout cant do it properly, he doesnt assign them to anything, doesnt take club vision into account when recommending players i.e over 30 year olds when the vision says not to sign over 30 year olds or players based in the country.

interactions are useful but players tend to be a little unreasonable.

pre match and ingame advices are annoying and useless, telling me to take of player who is 1 yellow from a ban in the league game after game, or to play for set pieces every game.

Data hub is ok, i use it to see what system the other team is playing thats about it.

data analyst review after game is the most useless thing, it tells me things i see in the game myself, like we were under pressure for most of the game... i saw that ingame, why does the analyst not tell me why we were under pressure?

i like deadline day and end of season review.

I have played fm22 more then any fm game in years and enjoy it very much. But international management needs to be improved... World cup and other tournaments should be bigger deal. like i was in lower leagues and forgot about them happening.

I will buy fm23 even though im not impressed with the feature reveal.

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

To play devils advocate, even though I personally love all of the details in the game that you ignore, I often called them fluff because they really didn’t matter when it came down to it and that’s largely because it was so easy to overachieve in the game. Not sure if you were the type of player that created a tactic that always push forward and press but I think the game might be less forgiven this year with the defensive and AI changes where you may need to look into Data hub to make tweaks to squeeze out a for more wins. While your not overachieving, the board may be on your back more.

Yep, it definitely seemed easy to overachieve. Building a good tactic isn't an issue for me. Though I have relied more on tactical replications, which mostly weren't possible to 100% pull off in game, due to limitations to ME and tactical creator (roles, instructions, etc.). So I only ignored those features, but don't get me wrong, I don't dislike them. In fact, I hope more of the older stuff gets changed up and modernized, like what they seem to be doing currently.

The fact that I always played with counterpress on, in a mid or high block, doesn't help either. But that's the sort of football I want to play, even though I won't always tell everyone to press like a maniac. At least that's how I want to defend. In attack, I used all sorts of styles, whether it's possession, counter-attacking, or more direct football, slow tempo or high tempo. Those details varied quite a bit.
Whether it's gonna be any harder to overachieve in FM23, remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, rp1966 said:

new stadiums should always be corner-filled designs; no-one builds big 4 stand grounds any more.

If this had been announced as the only headline feature, I would have been delighted.  I pray this has changed but I won't hold my breath.

6 hours ago, Wizard boy said:

I’m curious to know with regards ME graphics what could be done to improve them?

They should improve how players touch on the pitch, how they come together, the physical contact.

During a tackle, you dont feel like there are two different forces clashing together... like bang!

After a goal you dont see players climbing all over eachother like they do in real games.

The players on the pitch dont really interact or touch properly.

Just now, 2feet said:

They should improve how players touch on the pitch, how they come together, the physical contact.

During a tackle, you dont feel like there are two different forces clashing together... like bang!

After a goal you dont see players climbing all over eachother like they do in real games.

All excellent points.

8 hours ago, AllyJoseph said:

I know people keep saying that graphics should be likethe 2017 game but I think that's entirely letting them off the hook.

Certainly from my point of view (and I'm sure this is true of others as well), FM17 isn't being mentioned as a standard to aim at, but just to point out that since then the game has gone backwards visually.  A football ground and it's surrounds is not a huge area in 3D gameworld terms - there's no reason why in 2022 they shouldn't be aiming a lot closer to photo-realism in the modelling and texturing (we're talking static objects; with only crowd, player etc. animated), even if the actual stadiums are construction kit approximations of the real thing due to the fact that the world is full of litigious morons and our spineless, corporate bribed, political class won't do the right thing and protect artistic representation of the real world.

Edited by rp1966

6 hours ago, 2feet said:

Because there is still no collision detection. It’s not built on a proper, modern physics engine. The new animations are a sticky plaster. 

8 hours ago, AllyJoseph said:

I know people keep saying that graphics should be likethe 2017 game but I think that's entirely letting them off the hook.

Look at the state of what some mobile games can produce now. Laptops and tech has come a long way. Yes it is silly to expect FIFA or even F1 Manager level graphics. But honestly, being able to see players faces, actual textures, real fans, better regen faces...these things should be way above the level 2017 produced.

I'd personally be disappointed with anything other than a total overhaul of ALL the graphics/UI. The match engine needs to be showing dribbles and flair, it needs to be of a 2022 level, the ui needs completely changing so its not the same as we've had for 10 years, everything needs that new coat of paint. Not just two or three old features repackaged, the whole thing.

If they did nothing but visual improvements for the next 12-24 months and gave us no other new features it'd be the best FM they put out in years. In the intrim maybe release a int fix/upgrade and a set piece upgrade.

To be clear I've posted above that I think the graphics are due an overhaul, but comparing them to the mobile games around is comparing apples and pears. I had a look at a few a while back, and those I looked at didn't even have a proper match engine, they just produced a number of pre-rendered clips that played. Now, I don't know if you refer to a specific game or not, but comparing pre-rendered clips to an actual engine that follows the specific tactical instructions you set up are two different thing. What those game often do is have the clips done and select one that fits what they want to happen, that's why it's often impossible to see the full match in those types of game.

So while the graphics need to improve, I don't think comparing like this has much merit to it.

So much negative one sided atmosphere here. I know everyone got a right to demand improvement but to be honest the heart and soul of this game never has been graphics. Most important thing in my opinion is graphics are good enough to give proper information to our eyes what happens under the hood at the field and it's getting better every year.

56 minutes ago, XaW said:

To be clear I've posted above that I think the graphics are due an overhaul, but comparing them to the mobile games around is comparing apples and pears. I had a look at a few a while back, and those I looked at didn't even have a proper match engine, they just produced a number of pre-rendered clips that played. Now, I don't know if you refer to a specific game or not, but comparing pre-rendered clips to an actual engine that follows the specific tactical instructions you set up are two different thing. What those game often do is have the clips done and select one that fits what they want to happen, that's why it's often impossible to see the full match in those types of game.

So while the graphics need to improve, I don't think comparing like this has much merit to it.

I think he just means ‘the graphics’. The stadium and pitch have absolutely nothing to do with the engine yet aren’t at the same level as lots of mobile games. 

24 minutes ago, DP said:

I think he just means ‘the graphics’. The stadium and pitch have absolutely nothing to do with the engine yet aren’t at the same level as lots of mobile games. 

Oh yeah, I agree with the things "around" the pitch itself. Those help with the immersion and would be very welcome. I'm more talking about comparing the graphics of the actual gameplay.

I love the game and spend a lot of hours on it every year. But as mentioned earlier in the thread, please add the ability to rest players between International fixtures. Having to change your outfield ten every game is not helpful. Also will the "always ignore" option for assistant advice in matches actually work this year?

37 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

My 2p worth on the Graphics in the ME:

•  
  • Lack of general animations, No players with head in hands after miss, no players on floor tying laces or adjusting shinpads, No asking for a ball from the ballboy. Not major, but would be a nice touch to bring a game to life
  •  

Head in hands for misses is definitely there, As is the rather nice "he dived' animation after a player scythes another down.  There's possibly more than you think if you play on key or extended.  Definitely more room for those little touches, though.  Pretty much agree with the rest of your points.

Edited by rp1966

Just now, rp1966 said:

Head in hands for misses is definitely there, As is the rather nice "he dived' animation after a player scythes another down.  There's possibly more than you think if you play of key or extended.  Definitely more room for those little touches, though.  Pretty much agree with the rest of your points.

I Play key, can't say I've seen it. Maybe it's because my head is in my hands at the same time :D

Also, Celebrations need work. 90% of the time the players all stand in a circle clapping like performing seals. Might be a bit hard to do much with what we have, but a proper huddle, maybe 2/3 seperate groups could be added? a "Klinsmann" here and there or a good old fashioned kick of the Corner flag.

1 hour ago, KillYourIdols said:

I Play key, can't say I've seen it. Maybe it's because my head is in my hands at the same time :D

Also, Celebrations need work. 90% of the time the players all stand in a circle clapping like performing seals. Might be a bit hard to do much with what we have, but a proper huddle, maybe 2/3 seperate groups could be added? a "Klinsmann" here and there or a good old fashioned kick of the Corner flag.

Yeah, celebrations do seem a bit dull. The cartwheel celebration also makes me laugh when seeing it performed by a 6'4" striker with 5 Agility 😂 - maybe attributes like Agility, Flair, Balance, etc could be taken into account for those? So a more athletic type of player might pull off an Olympic Gold Medal backflip while a sunday league player would end up looking like Luke Ayling's attempt at the Robbie Keane celebration - or players with high Controversy/low Sportsmanship or has the Gets Crowd Going PPM might be more likely to do a kneeslide celebration or something in front of the opposition fans to wind them up.

40 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Yeah, celebrations do seem a bit dull. The cartwheel celebration also makes me laugh when seeing it performed by a 6'4" striker with 5 Agility 😂 - maybe attributes like Agility, Flair, Balance, etc could be taken into account for those? So a more athletic type of player might pull off an Olympic Gold Medal backflip while a sunday league player would end up looking like Luke Ayling's attempt at the Robbie Keane celebration - or players with high Controversy/low Sportsmanship or has the Gets Crowd Going PPM might be more likely to do a kneeslide celebration or something in front of the opposition fans to wind them up.

Perfect, something that makes each Individual actually FEEL individual. I can't help stare at my screen sometimes and wonder why I get so invested in these little sprites when they each act, generally speakiing, so alike. Not much differentiates them on the pitch as far as character goes. It's very underwhelming at times.

2 hours ago, KillYourIdols said:

I have been thinking about this recently and on top of varied celebrations they should also mean something more, a 90th minute winner/equaliser should be celebrated a bit more or scoring to cause an upset, scoring against a rival…

I also wish they’d look into crowd sounds and atmosphere. I want derby days or big matches with importance to feel like they are actually that. Every match more or less feels the same other than the story you build up in your head and the couple interview questions you get asked. 

20 hours ago, priority76 said:

If this had been announced as the only headline feature, I would have been delighted.  I pray this has changed but I won't hold my breath.

Really? This is the feature that does it to you? Something that does not increase gameplay value at all, just a bit of immersion? I'm shocked :D This wouldn't move the needle 1 inch for me

4 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Really? This is the feature that does it to you? Something that does not increase gameplay value at all, just a bit of immersion? I'm shocked :D This wouldn't move the needle 1 inch for me

Yea, I find it hard to believe that someone would essential want a remastered version on FM22 considering the problems FM22 had...

On 02/10/2022 at 00:56, ChelseaSince86 said:

People are still asking for that nonsense to be implemented into the game? Yes as you say, get right in the bin.  Ugh, go play the Sims or something.    Spending your salary, designing your own kits each season, designing stadiums, setting ticket prices etc etc is never coming to FM. Like, ever. They've said as much.  

C’mon, think what you could do with all that 💰 image.png.081af56ed9d14393c0cbd670930084b0.png
Since the announced headline features aren’t up to expectations, where can one find the QoL list? That’s actually where I want to see if there are improvements. 

For what it’s worth, if SI want everyone to love the game, just convert 10% of whatever you earn in FM and transfer the cash to our bank accounts😃

where’s the link for the QoL list?

OK . There's been a lot about graphics, but what people's hopes for bug fixes, balance tweaks that aren't 'headline' features.

For me:

• Reduction in the number of initial transfer/loan approaches set to non-negotiable
  • Transfer prices buying and selling corresponding better to displayed player values - no more ranges of £10K-2.5M. And offers massively out of whack with displayed values,
  • Recognition that press conferences are tedious as hell when you're playing 100s of game per save and limiting number of questions to max 3.  And better still ditch the tunnel interviews they are totally redundant.  Also if less questions asked each time they won't repeat as often.
  • No locked in player roles in contracts - position yes; role no. Especially if a player has played 3 seasons as a star BBM; don't then ask for a contract requiring a role as an AP (yes, this really happened).
  • Better balancing of playing time expectation and what they can realistically get during a season.
  • A logic audit of all player interactions to reduce the number of nonsensical interactions we have to deal with.
  • Address the fact that the older player decline fix has had the knock on effect of high reputation older players dominating all top teams and national teams shutting out high potential younger players - who get bought, but never played.

• And, pretty please, schedule page to default to next game, not the top of the list :)

Edited by rp1966

16 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

OK . There's been a lot about graphics, but what people's hopes for bug fixes, balance tweaks that aren't 'headline' features.

For me:

• Reduction in the number of initial transfer/loan approaches set to non-negotiable
  • Transfer prices buying and selling corresponding better to displayed player values - no more ranges of £10K-2.5M. And offers massively out of whack with displayed values,
  • Recognition that press conferences are tedious as hell when you're playing 100s of game per save and limiting number of questions to max 3.  And better still ditch the tunnel interviews they are totally redundant.  Also if less questions asked each time they won't repeat as often.
  • No locked in player roles in contracts - position yes; role no. Especially if a player has played 3 seasons as a star BBM; don't then ask for a contract requiring a role as an AP (yes, this really happened).
  • Better balancing of playing time expectation and what they can realistically get during a season.
  • A logic audit of all player interactions to reduce the number of nonsensical interactions we have to deal with.
  • Address the fact that the older player decline fix has had the knock on effect of high reputation older players dominating all top teams and national teams shutting out high potential younger players - who get bought, but never played.

• And, pretty please, schedule page to default to next game, not the top of the list :)

All this, especially the mind numbing conferences and interviews.

Also, Add the Crap shoot that is Team Meetings to the "Overhaul" list.

1 hour ago, AllyJoseph said:

I think my overarching point here is that we need a remarkable improvement. If they put out anything similar and just texture updates its not enough. We should be looking for more realism and people with high end machines should really be able to see it.

I've always hated a lot of the defences of graphics over the years, things like its not the focus of the game irk me somewhat. If they are not the focus of the game, remove them entirely.

Same with "lets not alienate people with bad machines". We already have 2d. Add graphics filters. Let people tweek what they have.

If we call FM a AA game, and you look at other AA games, we are decades behind, quite literally decades.

As for mobile games, we can pretty much emulate ps3 games on android phones, the tech world has moved on significantly. Theres no excuse for a giant football in a corner or a brick wall randomly with an ambulance behind it. If we are licensing clubs, we should have licensed stadia. If you cant do real players close up, have placeholders but give regens more character.

Theres an imense scope for improvement and radio silence about it. I think that should not get a free pass which is my major worry.

Do agree with this. Modern games have moved on significantly but SI are very much being held back by people who dont upgrade their laptops so some will have old machines with integrated crappy graphics.

Currently they are quite profitable but there is fear that moving forward by cutting out weaker laptop will reduce their customer base rather than think of it as encouraging other people to get into the game. The game only sells 2m per year which in video game terms isn't much which is also the reason why no competitor will enter the market. Huge set up costs and development to take a consumer base of 2m.

We should be asking for a minimum FIFA 2004 graphics 

Miles Jacobson on twitter normally does twitter feature updates, can range from anything pretty important to something as random as a fix to the Peruvian Reserve League, anyone know if this is happening again this year?

7 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Do agree with this. Modern games have moved on significantly but SI are very much being held back by people who dont upgrade their laptops so some will have old machines with integrated crappy graphics.

Currently they are quite profitable but there is fear that moving forward by cutting out weaker laptop will reduce their customer base rather than think of it as encouraging other people to get into the game. The game only sells 2m per year which in video game terms isn't much which is also the reason why no competitor will enter the market. Huge set up costs and development to take a consumer base of 2m.

We should be asking for a minimum FIFA 2004 graphics 

I get that they are trying to hold on to customers with lower spec PCs, but 99% of all new games have graphics options for those with older hardware, can't see why SI can't do the same. Those that can run it on high can, those that can't, can lower the graphic settings. My PC isn't overly powerful, but I'd rather tweak some settings to get what suits me and I'm sure it will still be preferable over the current iteration.

39 minutes ago, ryanlion28 said:

Miles Jacobson on twitter normally does twitter feature updates, can range from anything pretty important to something as random as a fix to the Peruvian Reserve League, anyone know if this is happening again this year?

It won't be happening this year.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

It won't be happening this year.

That's a shame, are similar kinds of updates going to come elsewhere? I was really excited by the update about dynamic youth ratings last year (Which didn't end up happening) but that's another story, things like that are what encourage me to buy the game as currently the feature headlines don't

On 04/10/2022 at 18:21, -Jef- said:

Yeah absolutely.  Looking at the pretty graphics or "immersion" is huge for me.  I'm sure there were numerous other things wrong with FM22 but nothing bothered me nearly as much as this.  It's perhaps even more frustrating that's it's been an issue for five years and would be so easy to fix.

On 04/10/2022 at 18:26, Mars_Blackmon said:

Yea, I find it hard to believe that someone would essential want a remastered version on FM22 considering the problems FM22 had...

If I didn't come onto these forums I would be hard pushed to find any problems with it, other than graphical ones.