Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, anagain said:

Caption competition!!!

"I-uh- heard you think we should be abolished. Have you-uh changed your opinion on that like you did with Brexit yet?"

Oh god you're an Elizabeth too.

Could you thank Boris too, I'd likely still only be a Prince if it wasn't for the shock of meeting the two of you.

10 minutes ago, anagain said:

Caption competition!!!

"I-uh- heard you think we should be abolished. Have you-uh changed your opinion on that like you did with Brexit yet?"

Listen you stuttering, mumbling Thatcher wannabe good for nothing tart, I’m the daddy round here now!!!

7 minutes ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

Charles III looks like a good king. My full support.

Charles 1 - Royalist vs Roundheads Civil War. Ended with his head chopped off.
Charles 2 - Great Plague and the Fire of London, also got banished to France didn't he for being a Catholic?
Charles 3 - Can't be any worse... :lol: can it?

1 minute ago, av3ry said:

Charles 1 - Royalist vs Roundheads Civil War. Ended with his head chopped off.
Charles 2 - Great Plague and the Fire of London, also got banished to France didn't he for being a Catholic?
Charles 3 - Can't be any worse... :lol: can it?

Rich vs poor divide, energy prices lead to national rioting and looting

7 hours ago, Anthrax Dave said:

Regarding the football being called off, I got absolute pelters on the local Facebook page regarding Hereford's game against Farsley Celtic for posting:

"People could have used the games this weekend to celebrate her life and show respect with a minute of applause. The matches may have helped the healing process that some need."

I got called the C word more times than any other occasion in my life. I don't really see anything wrong with what I wrote but, **** me, the hostility and threatening messages was way OTT.

Hah, mentioned the same in a Wolves group and then mentioned that 1st October going to be a tough ask for people to respect any tribute myself included, got the 'well, try anything buddy next to us and see how it goes', amongst other things. Going to be sat in the away end at West Ham with my Ireland shirt on, see if they're true to word.

5 minutes ago, sc91 said:

Hah, mentioned the same in a Wolves group and then mentioned that 1st October going to be a tough ask for people to respect any tribute myself included, got the 'well, try anything buddy next to us and see how it goes', amongst other things. Going to be sat in the away end at West Ham with my Ireland shirt on, see if they're true to word.

I always get the feeling football is unfairly picked on, but then you see stuff like that, and what anthrax got and you can't help but see why football authorities panic. It's absolutely not all football fans, but the OTT behaviour is so widespread 

4 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

What on earth :D 

I know lol. Her son bought a suit, girlfriend booked train which is non refundable and booked a day off as its meant to be on Monday but now it's been cancelled and rescheduled for January but she's still going to see him Sunday as wants to see where he is living etc 

35 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I always get the feeling football is unfairly picked on, but then you see stuff like that, and what anthrax got and you can't help but see why football authorities panic. It's absolutely not all football fans, but the OTT behaviour is so widespread 

Oh yeah, just have a quick browse over the thought of some fans about what any club with a connection to Ireland (which if half the tits had a clue, would realise most have an Irish fan base) was going to do on the day and how they should be dealt with. The thoughts of some towards Celtic and Liverpool fans was urgh.

4 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Charles isn’t going to do what his mother did and keep quiet. Whether it’s through leaks in the press or otherwise, he’s going to be a very different King imo and the government won’t be happy about it. Monarchy will come back to bite the anti-monarchist Truss. 

You wonder how much she found out about the Queens health at the visit? Announced the fracking soon after then the story was quickly buried under a big event, politicians that rise to become PM are the experts at spotting an opportunity. Alaister Campbell/Malcolm Tucker couldn't have done it better themselves. 

• Administrators

I'm wondering though if the monarchy can honestly recover. I'm sure it will survive, but impossible shoes to fill and it's an institution not fit for today's world. 

I hope Charles III does continue to be outspoken as he is, on one hand I can't disagree with some things he says and on the other I'd really want us to form a republic.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm wondering though if the monarchy can honestly recover. I'm sure it will survive, but impossible shoes to fill and it's an institution not fit for today's world. 

I hope Charles III does continue to be outspoken as he is, on one hand I can't disagree with some things he says and on the other I'd really want us to form a republic.

There's still far too much pro-monarchy sentiment in the UK for it to fail just yet. 

I do find it hard to agree with people who think it still has a place in modern society though. Aside from symbolism, anyway.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think he will be quite outspoken and controversial, but William seems much more likely to be submissive/quiet and seems to have been quite heavily groomed behind the scenes to be a modern version of the Queen for the next generation. 

• Administrators
Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

There's still far too much pro-monarchy sentiment in the UK for it to fail just yet. 

Yeah, but, I have a hard time accepting people embracing Charles as King. It will take a long time for the change to feel normal, especially culturally. Given his age by then we might be on to King William V.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The best chance of that happening is for William to stand down and lose and his children's lineage, then it'll move to Harry and if he doesn't change his mind won't it then move over to Andrew? Who is still in line. Now a Paedo as Monarch would really put the cat amongst the pigeons

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, but, I have a hard time accepting people embracing Charles as King. It will take a long time for the change to feel normal, especially culturally. Given his age by then we might be on to King William V.

Possibly true. 

I don't think I listened to a single speech from the Queen (in my memory anyway), and don't plan to listen to Charles any time soon. So I'm probably not best placed to judge what they say that leads to people embracing them. 

I've never understood it, even coming from a unionist/loyalist area of NI.

Edited by EnterUsernameHere

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Was saying to my partner earlier given how much wealth/medical care he has for a 73 year old he looks so old. Looks more like 83, mental to look at him and think his mum was still alive days ago. Be surprised if he makes it 10 years on the throne. 

3 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Was saying to my partner earlier given how much wealth/medical care he has for a 73 year old he looks so old. Looks more like 83, mental to look at him and think his mum was still alive days ago. Be surprised if he makes it 10 years on the throne. 

Dunno genetics tell us he's odds on to hit 90, his mum, dad and grandmother all reached it, yet they are passing away at a younger age.

On 08/09/2022 at 15:07, anagain said:

That woman professor in Pittburgh may face consequences too. Her college have distanced themselves from her. Whether she'll get the sack, I dunno. I'm not sure Jaki's chip shop will do too well

Apologies if posted earlier:

1 hour ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

I do find it hard to agree with people who think it still has a place in modern society though. Aside from symbolism, anyway.

What is it you don't like about the Monarchy?  I wouldn't say I was pro them particularly but i'd much rather than have them than not.  One of the reasons for that is that they're not aligned to a political party.  My bug bear is the hangers on, i'm not really a fan of all the entourage as there's a lot of superficial people there I think.  

9 hours ago, Confused Clarity said:

Doing a laptop rebuild that meant I had a clean windows install for a bit.

Microsoft have even updated the search tool on the task bar to include a black ribbon FFS.

9 hours ago, Weezer said:

Bit disrespectful doing that today mate.

9 hours ago, Confused Clarity said:

Was already scheduled.

Obviously I would not have done this had I known.

Absolutely appalling effort from you there @Confused Clarity

I can only hope that you at least held a 2-minutes silence in memory of YOUR QUEEN as soon as you saw the black ribbon.

Otherwise you should be done for treason.

Respectfully,

Disgusted
Tunbridge Wells