*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, maxy said:

But his already plays for my team.

So then you decide his value too you, Other teams would pay it or leave it, He will tell you if you are pricing him out of the market, A player is worth what you think he is or what other clubs want to pay

6 minutes ago, maxy said:

But his already plays for my team.

His guide value is what the game estimates based on contract, reputation, ability, etc. However, you can set the value to £1k or £10m and that will be his value. He, or his agent, might want a word if you set it too high, but that will be his value if you set it. Quite possibly no one will want to pay the value you set though!

16 minutos atrás, Mars_Blackmon disse:

The guide value is just a guide. You can set the value to whatever you want but the player and his agent if he has one will definitely let you know if it’s too low/high.

14 minutos atrás, cris182 disse:

So then you decide his value too you, Other teams would pay it or leave it, He will tell you if you are pricing him out of the market, A player is worth what you think he is or what other clubs want to pay

8 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

His guide value is what the game estimates based on contract, reputation, ability, etc. However, you can set the value to £1k or £10m and that will be his value. He, or his agent, might want a word if you set it too high, but that will be his value if you set it. Quite possibly no one will want to pay the value you set though!

I get all the points you're giving, but that doesn't change anything.

I can offer my player to the market following the "guide value" or receive offers that are completely outside of that "guide". Making it obsolete for me.

This imprecision doesn't make sense to me. The way it was done in previous versions satisfies me more.

8 minutes ago, maxy said:

I can offer my player to the market following the "guide value" or receive offers that are completely outside of that "guide". Making it obsolete for me.

This imprecision doesn't make sense to me. The way it was done in previous versions satisfies me more.

That's how it works in real life so I think you need to deal with it. Clubs don't always get what they want for how much they place the value on one of their players.

A club can say they want 70 million for one of their players, doesn't necessarily mean a club will come in and meet that valuation . 

13 minutes ago, maxy said:

And you as the user can also offer a team outside the player’s value.

1 hour ago, maxy said:

The guide value will likely be based on the value of the player if he is playing regularly and the manager is not really keen on selling. Once you offer out a player that tells everyone you dont want him and then the bargain hunters arrive. Im sure youve done the same when looking at players on the transfer list. I have and have got players around 50% cheaper easy

Half way through the season and there's no real desire to continue playing.

Hate how my tactic doesn't do what I want it to do. Bored of the crosses and wing play. Pressing seems utterly pointless?

Miles said they don't intend to update the game between now and release. Really hoping we get a release date ME update at the least.

7 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Hate how my tactic doesn't do what I want it to do. Bored of the crosses and wing play. Pressing seems utterly pointless?

Miles said they don't intend to update the game between now and release. Really hoping we get a release date ME update at the least.

When did Miles say this?

I highly doubt the ME will be the same for release, when has that ever happened?

Edited by Metal

41 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

In the same boat

Now have to sell half my squad because there is no room to play fringe players because 1st eleven are always fit and the fringe players are requesting transfers all over because of the fact there, hardly any injuries in this ****ing game, maybe one to two or three at most players every 3 weeks or so the odd one comes along but nothing like real life where you have to manage injury crisis on a weekly basis,

Such a shame we have to wait for a mod from the community to get realistic level of injuries because SI want to cater to a few crybabies moaning about there being too many injuries(when clearly there isn't) instead of keeping it 100% to real life and making people learn how to manage their training workload instead of giving an easy ride through the game

7 hours ago, Metal said:

Well after 4 seasons in I've got 90% reputation{started with loads of coaching badges can't remember what level though) and never received a job offer from any club which I find pretty ****ing stupid and unrealistic for a supposed management simulation 

I got offered an interview with Man City 2.5 seasons in. Currently spurs.

Just now, Metal said:

Wow that makes my blood boil. I want some of whatever Miles is smoking if he thinks and sees that there is nothing wrong with the beta that needs changing

wtf was the point of reporting bugs function submitting pkms and screenshots if nothing was ever to be changed?

He asks about updating BETA. Miles said no (for BETA).

On 03/11/2021 at 16:12, Metal said:

Try a different skin and you will see potential ability stars on the players main screen 

20211103161057_1.jpg

at the risk of being directed to the skinning den, anyone know which xml files in skin allow you to put this on the overview page? great job by the 200 iq devs on removing such an important metric from the player page btw

13 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

Before we get carried away, Miles is saying there won't be any updates to the beta. I'm 100% certain there will be changes on full release.

It the games out on Tuesday, they maybe thinking if any updates there is, just leave it to Tuesday.

Just now, Platinum said:

How did you upload vids/gifs of your goals? Its saying the file is too big for me

I'll PM you to avoid cluttering the thread.

27 minutes ago, Metal said:

Wow that makes my blood boil. I want some of whatever Miles is smoking if he thinks and sees that there is nothing wrong with the beta that needs changing

wtf was the point of reporting bugs function submitting pkms and screenshots if nothing was ever to be changed?

The M.E to be quite frank is clearly broken along with other issues within the game that sets it back from fm21 imo

This is the last time I'm pre-ordering any fm

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but there have been times in the past when a ME patch wasn't released on release day (FM2020 I think?)

1 hour ago, isa-998 said:

at the risk of being directed to the skinning den, anyone know which xml files in skin allow you to put this on the overview page? great job by the 200 iq devs on removing such an important metric from the player page btw

I raised removal of PA from overview screen in bugs forum and SI responded that it is being looked at. Will hopefully be restored on release….

Hi folks

In my current save I'm in January 2023. I've just noticed that if I try to look at released players, or youth intake, or whatever else from the previous year, I cannot. I don't recall that being the case in previous editions. Bug perhaps? 

7 minutes ago, isa-998 said:

where can i view squad depth?

Go into your squad tab, look up at the top of the page and then there should be sub icons for 

players - international - analysis report - assistant report - squad depth - Concerns/unhappiness

Sorry to cover old ground with the transfer value talk again, but does anyone else feel like some of the values are way too low?

I understand with covid and what not that the market has stagnated a little bit and clubs arent spending as much, and that the value system is a mere guide and clubs could sell for more or less, but in my current Birmingham City save I have managed to purchase several decent players for less than £100k so far, and also some of my players values seem extremely low to what I would expect in real life.

Just one example...Gary Gardner. Not a great player, not a bad player. He has decent attributes and 18 months left on his contract. In real life now if we sold him I would expect about a million for him, £500k as a minimum as he is in and around the first team and proven at this level. On FM he is valued at £20k - £50k. That seems crazy low to me for a proven championship player who is only 29 years old. 

9 minutes ago, Jonthedon26 said:

Sorry to cover old ground with the transfer value talk again, but does anyone else feel like some of the values are way too low?

I understand with covid and what not that the market has stagnated a little bit and clubs arent spending as much, and that the value system is a mere guide and clubs could sell for more or less, but in my current Birmingham City save I have managed to purchase several decent players for less than £100k so far, and also some of my players values seem extremely low to what I would expect in real life.

Just one example...Gary Gardner. Not a great player, not a bad player. He has decent attributes and 18 months left on his contract. In real life now if we sold him I would expect about a million for him, £500k as a minimum as he is in and around the first team and proven at this level. On FM he is valued at £20k - £50k. That seems crazy low to me for a proven championship player who is only 29 years old. 

Yea Im not sure if its intentional or not but yes you can get players cheap during the first window in the game. I was able to get Mbappe for 80m in one test run. This seems better as you progress in the game.

Not sure this is the thread but genuienly believe Mbappe should be going to MAdrid on every save where the player isnt a club that can get him. We all know he is going there, so having United etc snapping him up doesn;t make sense to me. 

You don't think players are leaving their careers too soon (this change was promised in FM 2021) 33/34 yrs/34 players retiring. In real life players are lasting much longer in their careers, I believe an average of 37 years would be nice for a player to drop out on FM.

I'm confident that for the official launch we will see more plays from the midfield than from the wings, I believe everyone is feeling that in the game. I would like more free kick goals, it's something that happens a lot in reality and this is not reproduced in the game.

Small gripe... quickness training. Always quickness training. They're always unhappy there's no quickness training, but when you schedule it, they're unhappy there's quickness training. This has been in the game a while, and it's obviously a bug. All it does is add unnecessary grumpiness against management, and unnecessary gamer grumpiness against developers. Can it be resolved in this version? Please?

Edited by Prepper_Jack

5 hours ago, Jonthedon26 said:

I was surprised to see McBurnie (Sheff U) move on deadline day for £1.5m to Spartak Moscow - you would expect him to be valued about £7-8m+

14 hours ago, Iakovenko said:

Martial unhappy I've rejected 2 bids of 5.5m for him in the first transfer window. (the usual AI conspiring to give the exact same lowball offers) 

I had this too, but on a 19 year old wonderkid that was estimated between 12-19 million pounds. I was getting offered of 5 or 6 million which i rejected, which kept making him angry, then the chairman went behind my back, and accepted a "too good to refuse" offer of 3.5 million :(

5 hours ago, Rub Me said:

Not sure this is the thread but genuienly believe Mbappe should be going to MAdrid on every save where the player isnt a club that can get him. We all know he is going there, so having United etc snapping him up doesn;t make sense to me. 

Why? There has been no contract offered, if another big reputation club comes up with a better offer than Madrid offer, then I dont see any issue

10 hours ago, Freakiie said:

Well that's generally how these threads go, people praise the new stuff they see and are happy with and once they're done with that you're only going to be left with the people complaining about stuff. :lol:

No that's not what happens. What happens is people are hyped, any tiny new thing they praise it, and a couple of weeks later, these small things are still small things, while they had the time to see that the bigger things are not good. Those are the same peope. Just with more time to see the flaws and get over a new animation for the Cruyff turn.

11 hours ago, ChelseaFan said:

Kind of the same. Not really the wing play, just more an overall thing. I was hyped because I have been craving FM for a few weeks, got 22 and after 10 days of playing, I have not opened the game in 4 days.

I found back all the reasons that made me quit FM20 and not buy 21.

15 hours ago, maxy said:

This doesn't make any sense. Estimated value of my own player? For what reason I don't know the value of my own squad

I would guess that the valuation is meant to indicate a "market value" rather than an actual value. The value of the player to you and your squad is different. If he is performing well then you would likely want more than the market value, and vice versa if he is poor.

11 hours ago, Freakiie said:

Well that's generally how these threads go, people praise the new stuff they see and are happy with and once they're done with that you're only going to be left with the people complaining about stuff. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

No that's not what happens. What happens is people are hyped, any tiny new thing they praise it, and a couple of weeks later, these small things are still small things, while they had the time to see that the bigger things are not good. Those are the same peope. Just with more time to see the flaws and get over a new animation for the Cruyff turn.

@Fettucine_Alfredo Aren't these both the same thing??