[FM21][MOD] Match Screens Mod

michaeltmurrayuk

Apologies if this has been answered already.

I’m getting pop ups appear over the nep2 section during a match and I’m trying to work out how to stop them. I don’t need them.

Does one file control this? Or is it multiple? Is it possible to stop them!?

Thanks.

Edited by Tyburn

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/12/2020 at 13:26, klaasjan said:

It's  incredible there are still some geniuses like michaeltmurrayuk who are trying yearly to fix the "improvements". So let's say I'm still happy with SI as long as they won't be clonating Paradox's DLC spam and are still passionate people who care about polishing the game for the rest of us.

Although this is a must have for anyone who  cares about really playing the game, there are also some occasions like friendlies when everyone are just letting the assman do manager's job. So, if you also have instant game panels, this happens (at least with TCS skin which has the mod incorporated):

fm_2020-12-28_14-11-05.png.3535034febdf947ddf2ed1a9ab9f7f8e.png

If you want a simple solution to this, make the following steps if you want to make it by your own:

1. extract the default panels from the Resource Archiver
2. copy the match full time review panel.xml and paste it for example to your desktop
3. rename this panel to match full time review panel2
4. copy this renamed panel to the skin folder you are using to the panels/match folder
5. open the the match overview popup panel.xml and locate lines 27 and 37. In both these lines rename the file="match/match full time review panel" to file="match/match full time review panel2"
6. save the match overview popup panel.xml, clear cache and reload skin. Or just start the game if you would make it with the game shut down.

This will ensure the skin/game will read both these match full time review panels separately and they will be used in a same way. And it will give you this instant result popup.

757128968_Allsvenskan_CompetitionReview-2.thumb.png.5b8b2f7d7657c129415b590aa1f84839.png

Hi, i'm using Rensie's Skin with the match screen mods, is it possible to change the colours used when an event happens? 

image.png.f47536982680c486535fa3af6f6660f8.png

Also can i make this bigger both vertically and horizontally, especially the competition badge and timer in the corner. also i've seen a few skins that have the weather in the top bar aswell, is that difficult to add?

image.png.0057f743f93536ffa7e8e5faaf996723.png

any help would be much appreciated.

Update,  figured out the 1st issue and rensie v2 was released which improved the 2nd issue I had

Edited by J-Hood

Hey @michaeltmurrayuk, amazing, amazing stuff. Thanks for this! I'm encountering a weird issue though:

I installed it yesterday and was working fine, but today I clicked on the tablet toggle icon on the bottom right to view it during a highlight, and haven't been able to get rid of it since - it's always on, both during and in-between highlights, and I can't get rid of it by any means. Clicking the tablet icon doesn't work either. I've reset the cache, deleted & reinstalled my skin, restarted my computer and eventually tried the mod with your base skin (see screenshot), but it's just stuck there. Any idea why this might be happening?

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 10.33.01 PM.png

Em 16/02/2021 em 08:06, keysi disse:

If you want a simple solution to this, make the following steps if you want to make it by your own:

1. extract the default panels from the Resource Archiver
2. copy the match full time review panel.xml and paste it for example to your desktop
3. rename this panel to match full time review panel2
4. copy this renamed panel to the skin folder you are using to the panels/match folder
5. open the the match overview popup panel.xml and locate lines 27 and 37. In both these lines rename the file="match/match full time review panel" to file="match/match full time review panel2"
6. save the match overview popup panel.xml, clear cache and reload skin. Or just start the game if you would make it with the game shut down.

This will ensure the skin/game will read both these match full time review panels separately and they will be used in a same way. And it will give you this instant result popup.

757128968_Allsvenskan_CompetitionReview-2.thumb.png.5b8b2f7d7657c129415b590aa1f84839.png

Thanks for this workaround. I had the same issue as the person you quoted, followed your instructions and improved what I had, although, I dont see the Notable Events as in your screenshot. On mine Im stuck with only the match stats.

Is there anything else I can change (maybe some coding on either match overview popup panel.xml or match/match full time review panel2) in order to get at least the goal scorers on that screen? Attached my files, just in case.

Thanks once again for your help.

2.PNG

match full time review panel2.xml match overview popup panel.xml

11 ore fa, semiki ha scritto:

Hey @michaeltmurrayuk, amazing, amazing stuff. Thanks for this! I'm encountering a weird issue though:

I installed it yesterday and was working fine, but today I clicked on the tablet toggle icon on the bottom right to view it during a highlight, and haven't been able to get rid of it since - it's always on, both during and in-between highlights, and I can't get rid of it by any means. Clicking the tablet icon doesn't work either. I've reset the cache, deleted & reinstalled my skin, restarted my computer and eventually tried the mod with your base skin (see screenshot), but it's just stuck there. Any idea why this might be happening?

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 10.33.01 PM.png

I have same problem.

On 22/12/2020 at 18:06, michaeltmurrayuk said:
  • Included an alt IBH panel, if you are having resolution issues and don't need to collapse the IBH panels then unzip the extractifwantfullscreenibhpanel.zip from the panels\match folder and let it replace the match in between highlights panel file and this will give you the basic eight panel view like from FM20 (or the FTR screen).

It's all due to the resolution.

The solution is simple - all of you with the tablet issue have to use the version with the notable events on the left side of the screen and in-between highlights on the rights. Not the alternative version with the full width.

Hi guys,

Does the most recent update seem to of fixed the post match crash? I've been using rensie's skin which I've had the above crash issue with, presuming that was using an old panel file with the action screen settings enabled? (not that I used them or had them selected or any of the others)

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there a way to fix one of the options to show all the time? What I am wanting to do is show my team stats (on the drop down list there is the option for the home team stats and the away team stats) all the time. When I select this when I am the home time it works fine for that match, but for the next match when I am the away team it shows the home teams stats instead of my teams stats.

Hope that makes sense.

Just now, Alexpuk2002 said:

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there a way to fix one of the options to show all the time? What I am wanting to do is show my team stats (on the drop down list there is the option for the home team stats and the away team stats) all the time. When I select this when I am the home time it works fine for that match, but for the next match when I am the away team it shows the home teams stats instead of my teams stats.

Hope that makes sense.

I have this too. Have just got used to changing it at the start of every game.

Hi @michaeltmurrayuk

I hope you don't mind but below is one of my posts in Rensie's skin thread, which I know incorporates your match mod. Even on the latest version I was still experiencing freeze screen crashes on post match review screens, and when clicking on past fixtures (either my own, other teams, either on full detail or none) when trying to load the match review.

Due to the process of elimination, it seems very likely that it's the post match review screen causing this crash. I know you narrowed it down earlier to the action zones etc which you disabled in your latest update. However, it hasn't fixed anything on my end.

For Rensie's skin to work for me without crashing, I have had to delete the match folder from the panel section. This sadly means I cannot use this mod which I love, but it allows the game to laod the default in-match screens and means no crashing after extensive testing. Is there a possibility in your mod to completely delete the post match review screens? I would love to test this to see if during the game, and at half time, it is possible to use your mod with it working fully then at full time for the game to then load the default post match review screen avoiding a crash? And the same when clicking on past fixtures? If so, do you also know which files in the folder would need to be deleted to do this? :D 

I've desperately been trying to get this skin to work as I'm absolutely in love with it, and I believe I have isolated the issue after a lot of testing (hours) and process elimination.

I was previously getting the game freezing and crashing in about 1 in 4 games on the post match review screen since downloading V2 of this skin. This issue was also present on V1 for me. Another issue was when clicking on a previous game in the schedule, either one of my own, or another unrelated team the game would freeze every single time and crash trying to load the review screen.

I also noticed this issue was logged on Michael's match screen mod thread, and I know this mod is incorporated into this skin. Michael posted an update earlier in the month which was believed to of fixed this (the issue was believed to be caused by the action zones on the review screen which were disabled  to fix it). 

I did a complete re-install of FM, and then a clean install of V2 of this skin. Again, the same crash issues were happening at the end of games and when trying to look at past games. At first I wondered if simply Michael's update hadn't been included in the match panels in the update, so I downloaded the latest match mod version and copied and replaced the match panels into the Rensie skin. Again, this still caused crashing. After it becoming clear that the issues was definitely related to the match screen, I decided to do a fresh clean install of V2 Rensie skin again, but then deleting the match section from the panels. This was in the hope the rest of the skin would stay in-tact, but during games it would revert to the default version of the touchline tablets etc during the game.

This worked. The skin works perfectly out of game, I just have to put up with default in-match screens pre, during and post game, which is a shame but a necessity for it to work for me at least.  Hoping a fix can be manoeuvred at some point either in here or the match mod thread, but at least for now I have a workaround which means I can enjoy the skin for 95% of the game and just have to go back to the default in-match screen. I have played 25 games and clicked on my own past games and other clubs with not a single crash so far. 

Just as a heads up also, after struggling to get used to the font in V2 (it reminds me of I think one of the earlier CM's where it gave an option for a second font, and I disliked it then :D I just find it very hard to read) I copied the font folder from V1 of the skin into my game folder replacing the V2 font. This has worked and so far I haven't encountered any issues in terms of sizing on club overview screens or anywhere else (I remember seeing in the post it was possible to revert to the original font, but some editing of files would be needed).

Hi folks,

Complete novice here so please go easy [and bare with me]

So i want to get the matchday showing a real life stadium as the match background, i would also like to read only commentry of the game.

ibrox-background-d19-105903.jpg

How in the simplest terms possible can i do this?

I have a day off work tomorrow and want to spend it playing FM like this,

Are there specific skins/stadium packs i will need if i manager to change other settings etc to get my game showing up like this?

thank you

Edited by bigbeezer

I have 2 minor issues hopefully someone can help me with. 

I am wanting to reduce the text size of the team names on the overview screen and also change the colour of the score but I can't seem to amend either. I gather both changes need to be done in the 'match info small inbh' panel but not having much luck. 

I've followed what @michaeltmurrayuk recommended earlier in the thread in terms of changing the text colour and it seems to have worked on the team name but not the score.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Overview screenshot

Edited by Ryan377

In case this helps anyone else.. I was having problem getting the panels to fill the screen and could not get much improvement adjusting the values as indicated earlier in this thread. For me this was a windows fix. In windows display settings it had set the display to scale at its "recommended" level which was 125%. Setting to 100% fixed everything for me.

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I'm trying to get my panels to look like this:

image.png.8b360bc3e8c2ba2ac4244d55e7b9421f.png

With vertical formations and heat maps.

At the moment, the only options I have are horizontal ones:

image.png.9d8b6701c81ce0c4ec382e0edc896571.png

image.png.7feb73fef0995d74a12685b0d8e9a49a.png

Does anybody know how to amend them so that they are veritcal?

Incredible work regardless!

31 minutes ago, ryandormer said:

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I'm trying to get my panels to look like this:

With vertical formations and heat maps.

At the moment, the only options I have are horizontal ones:

Does anybody know how to amend them so that they are veritcal?

Incredible work regardless!

Click to the pitch with the right mouse button...

On 03/02/2021 at 15:22, keysi said:

Great job, Michael. Is there a way to have the alternative IBH panels with the full width but also the bottom bar with players, instructions etc?

I'm using 1920x1080 resolution. Thanks.

obrazek.thumb.png.02e5ac54d408a2e899b90776d0cf5e62.png

Hi, i am on a laptop with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, and I'm struggling to fill the entire screen. I have a substantial gap between the tablet panels and the single panel on the left. Did you make any changes to the default panel files? Thanks!

UPDATE: I worked out what was wrong. My laptop is a 15.6" screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution. Windows recommended a scaling factor of 125% (it does make text in general look better and more easily readable). However i then had to set FM21 at 85% zoomed out and it messed up the panels. Everything works great now with scaling at 100%. Everything else just looks a little small! 

Edited by Hero of the Day

On 29/12/2020 at 17:25, Crb1986 said:

Yes, at least having one of those two options. Not having that background picture really kills all the imersion from the game :(

On 30/12/2020 at 12:23, HaraldNatvik said:

Ok, so I downloaded the skin you mentioned, and i replaced the "client object" file. I now get beautiful background during the match, but I don't get any 3D goals? No highlights, only commentary?

On 31/01/2021 at 22:29, bigbeezer said:

that is a thing of Beauty,

fantastic work,

just wish i had the knowhow to make my game like that as i much prefer the stadium and commentry on match day.

i should have stuck in at the computer lessons as school

On 23/02/2021 at 18:09, bigbeezer said:

Hi folks,

Complete novice here so please go easy [and bare with me]

So i want to get the matchday showing a real life stadium as the match background, i would also like to read only commentry of the game.

ibrox-background-d19-105903.jpg

How in the simplest terms possible can i do this?

I have a day off work tomorrow and want to spend it playing FM like this,

Are there specific skins/stadium packs i will need if i manager to change other settings etc to get my game showing up like this?

thank you

On 06/02/2021 at 15:41, DWCallaghan said:

hi @beanos36 where is this file in the FM skin, so just the generic one ? I cant find the client object folder ? do you need to create one ?

Hey guys, check out the post in this new thread:

Anyone know how to make 1 panel always the same? I mean I have my team Body Language on 1 panel but every home/away game its changing for my or opposite team.
How to made it to show only my team always? 
Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering what stadium backround people are using to get them to show up on match day? I have tried the mini stadiums pack which seems the only active one on the FMscout website. But this doesnt show many stadiums when I go back on prev match reports. I downloaded and added the panels file which shows more info when you look back at games which is great. But a bare black background on some of the reports is not very nice. Any help greatly appreciated . Thanks. 

On 23/12/2020 at 20:10, PequenoGenio said:

Is there a way to replicate the effect of the green particles in the place where the yellow ones are? What I want is for that place to take on the colors of the clubs (background primary ,text secondary)

spacer.png

Did you manage to get it right? If so how is the proper way to do it? I tried tweaking the xml file without succes :(

Hi guys, 

I am unable to see any highlights when using the match screen mod on any skin. I have tried numerous skins. Has anyone experienced this before?

Even if I click Full Match in highlights I will stay on the screen attached below.

Any help would be appreciated as I cannot imagine my life without this mod!

Match Screen Mod.JPG

8 hours ago, ExploitedSpace said:

Hi guys, 

I am unable to see any highlights when using the match screen mod on any skin. I have tried numerous skins. Has anyone experienced this before?

Even if I click Full Match in highlights I will stay on the screen attached below.

Any help would be appreciated as I cannot imagine my life without this mod!

Match Screen Mod.JPG

Read the opening post and the mod description

Included an alt IBH panel, if you are having resolution issues and don't need to collapse the IBH panels then unzip the extractifwantfullscreenibhpanel.zip from the panels\match folder and let it replace the match in between highlights panel file and this will give you the basic eight panel view like from FM20 (or the FTR screen).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I would like to know if it is possible to make the "assist" icon appear as the "goal" icon in its column? And if it's possible, how can I do it ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

modif2.png

19 minutes ago, rosek said:

Hello.

I would like to know if it is possible to make the "assist" icon appear as the "goal" icon in its column? And if it's possible, how can I do it ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

modif2.png

Name skin?

I had noticed this scoreboard after accidentally clicked the view highlights button. How can I make that scoreboard to look like that in the match, too? I have searched after it in the default panels and found a refrence about in the match highlight frame viewer panel and noticed it should be named "match title bar score highlight frame viewer" but couldn't find it in the match folder.

match highlight frame viewer.xml

fm_2021-02-25_19-27-34.thumb.jpg.2bb57261d7a23432fcd9dc927852225f.jpg