Why does my player KEEP going to a nightclub??

8 minutes ago, Stuiedo1981 said:

Hi,

Purchased a great young prospect,  but he keeps heading to nightclubs.  I get that this may happen the odd occasion, but every week he is unavailable as he is seen in a nightclub.  Its getting ridiculous.  How do I stop it?  Is selling him the only option?

Fine him a years wages every time, then he shouldnt have the money to go drinking anymore :)

It's pretty obvious that hes got some terrible hidden stats and a penchant for women and alcohol.

Fining/disciplining would help but you might also consider mentoring him to improve his professionalism. 

Edited by Baodan

49 minutes ago, Vault-Tec said:

I've never seen such a thing happening in the game. Is it really possible, or is it just a joke ? :D

Do you have a screen ?

Yes, regens can showcase a bunch of unprofessional behaviour. Haven't seen it too often myself, as I don't buy regens with bad personalities, but if you sign regen Balotelli... well expect Balotelli things to happen :lol:

1 minute ago, Freakiie said:

Yes, regens can showcase a bunch of unprofessional behaviour. Haven't seen it too often myself, as I don't buy regens with bad personalities, but if you sign regen Balotelli... well expect Balotelli things to happen :lol:

Regen Balotelli won't ever exist in FM because generated players aren't based on retired players (that hasn't been the case for about 15 years now). But yes, newgens can be involved in controversies, and their personalities can give you an idea of which ones you should avoid.

4 hours ago, Stuiedo1981 said:

Hi,

Purchased a great young prospect,  but he keeps heading to nightclubs.  I get that this may happen the odd occasion, but every week he is unavailable as he is seen in a nightclub.  Its getting ridiculous.  How do I stop it?  Is selling him the only option?

I had a player who well in two months was only available once, cos he was hammered from spending too much time in clubs. So yeah its rare but it happens. And he was a potential world class player, who excited me so much I dubbed him lil Maradona. From then onwards, fame and fortune got to his head, and his world degenerated to him playing sports with bottles.

I had it in my save >10 years in.

He got a bit upset about how I'd treated another player, and then started the whole nightclub thing.  It never ended.  I fined him on at least 15 separate occasions over 6 months, some of which he accepted and others he got angry.

There was nothing in his profile or coach report to indicate that he would be a problem.

I sold him to Newcastle for around £40m, and then noticed that despite a news item talking up how much me and him hate each other, he wasn't even in the squad.  Checked his profile... he was absent.   And he's now handed in a transfer request.

Edited by snootyjim

2 hours ago, djpdavey said:

Are you a club in a big city like London or newcastle (club culture) does location have an effect? I think I saw @Rashidi had a similar problem with a regen called Gaitan in one of his youtube series and sold him.

Im Swindon Town - so definitely not attracted by the bright big city lights!!  

Personally, I would not waste any time on a player like that and would move him on quickly.  Regardless of his talent, he is always going to be a time wasting problem and there will be others with an equal amount of talent and a better attitude out there.

On 13/02/2020 at 11:15, Vault-Tec said:

I've never seen such a thing happening in the game. Is it really possible, or is it just a joke ? :D

Do you have a screen ?

It's possible and not even that uncommon, but it can only happen with newgens due to legal issues

If he is really good, keep him and hope it doesn't happen again. I had a player like that just recently, I even made a thread about it and everyone was telling me to get rid of him. But it's only happened that one time and never again. He was 22 at the time I think. He's now 26, still in the squad, although hasn't progressed much beyond what he was. He was fined, got shocked about it, and I punished him by not playing him for a while. Turns out his backup did a better job and the nightclubber never really got back in the starting 11. And now, at 26, that ship has probably sailed for good but he is doing a good job as a backup. Maybe the hidden attribute that made him go to the night club and skip training the following day, is also the one responsible for his lack of progression as a footballer though.

Edited by Norfair

I had this last year with a stud 19 year old BBM. I had a new gen scouting note from 16 years old when with Barcelona for $100+. Now I stumble upon him with third rate Spanish club that bought him for $4.5m. Paid up $30M to grab him at a ‘bargain’. Such a nuisance, no wonder Barca dumped him. Fooled me

On 13 February 2020 at 14:43, TheJock83 said:

On season 8 of my save and have had nothing like this happen.

Spoke too soon.

New signing, 21 y/old Brazilian striker, in da club and absent from training for 2 days!

First day back, and a critique of his conduct, and he twists his ankle and is out for 5 weeks!!

And now he's CONSIDERING RETIREMENT DUE TO INJURY!!!

On 13/02/2020 at 12:11, CFuller said:

Regen Balotelli won't ever exist in FM because generated players aren't based on retired players (that hasn't been the case for about 15 years now). But yes, newgens can be involved in controversies, and their personalities can give you an idea of which ones you should avoid.

Balotelli isn't retired yet...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50642305

12 minutes ago, IbrahimAliMaher said:

Balotelli isn't retired yet...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50642305

You've completely misunderstood my point. When Mario Balotelli retires in FM, you won't suddenly see a 16-year-old Italian/Ghanaian striker with similar attributes coming into the game. That's basically what the old regen system was.

Edited by CFuller

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/02/2020 at 17:46, CFuller said:

You've completely misunderstood my point. When Mario Balotelli retires in FM, you won't suddenly see a 16-year-old Italian/Ghanaian striker with similar attributes coming into the game. That's basically what the old regen system was.

Ok but then surely all regen personalities are just a mix of random number generators. Enough rolls of the dice and surely you get a statistical outlier, i.e. the next generation Balotelli etc.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/02/2020 at 11:00, Stuiedo1981 said:

Hi,

He's a modern day George Best.

Get rid of him.

Not worth the effort to try and make something useful out of him + he'll upset your whole team after a while.

You'll probably get some cash from the sale while he is still young. As he gets older it will be harder to sell him for good money, especially as I don't think his attributes would increase much over the next few years due to lack of professionalism and training.