Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, holidaysong said:

Game not updating in steam for me... Getting an error saying "missing file privileges".

Restarting steam isn't doing anything. Any ideas?

Install in other drive than C:  You are trying to install the game on a Disk that windows 10 doesn't give you the permission for, for security reasons. Just install in a D: or whatever you have until Z: I gess =)

1 hour ago, farringt0n said:

First, this is just for completeness.   For the beginning of the game, if you have a manager who just joined during the middle of the summer or after the date you started, and you choose that team to start managing with, they are the manager for 0-1 days, which is kind of silly and unrealistic. :)

Surely it's just as unrealistic taking over a club that's just hired a manager a few days beforehand? 

• Administrators

Just spent an hour perfecting my design a son. 

Goalkeeper of course, will see how he fares with "Brings Ball out of Defence" player trait, and 20 FKs and Pens :D 

Love it. Thanks @Neil Brock and co.

36 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

I mean that's life though innit mate

I’m interested in the origins of this 8k minimum wage Brexit model for foreign players. Have SI acted on advice or has it been plucked from thin air? 

30 minutes ago, It's Baggio said:

Not sure what's happened to the passing. Every game resembles a L2 hoof-fest. Despite tactical instructions to do the opposite,

Pass completion hovering late 50%/early 60% in games between big teams. Anyone else noticing the same?

Yes it's very difficult to play a short passing game right now. Long balls over the top and direct counters even though i don't instruct that. I did get 80% in my last match against Tottenham so there is room for improvement if you're at 50-60%.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Just spent an hour perfecting my design a son. 

Goalkeeper of course, will see how he fares with "Brings Ball out of Defence" player trait, and 20 FKs and Pens :D 

Love it. Thanks @Neil Brock and co.

Not bad in his second game :D 

Absolutely love it. I started with CM2 and couldn't stop playing. It was hard to get in America at the time and I didn't really understand the game of English football. I didn't play alot over the years since then with a couple of exceptions but did log 1100 hours in Football Manager 2017 and really enjoyed it. 2018 didn't grab me but 2019 has been fantastic and I am betting another 1000 hours on this version. I like the tactical changes but the training is cool as you can jump in only when you want to change something.

Cheers from the USA.

Edited by mcdog512

GUTTED! Been waiting weeks for this. Purchased the key via cdkeys which did not include the beta, so I've had to wait, all fired up, until today. I got the key on time via email - remember, all bought and paid for. When I enter it into STEAM they reject me because I live in a 'wrong' country. WHY? This is not piracy protection because I've already bought the damn thing. I can't communicate directly with Steam as they simply provide a Kafkaesque labyrinth of 'help' options that lock you out. So how on Earth do I get to download the game that I have already bought???? :mad:   :seagull:

8 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

GUTTED! Been waiting weeks for this. Purchased the key via cdkeys which did not include the beta, so I've had to wait, all fired up, until today. I got the key on time via email - remember, all bought and paid for. When I enter it into STEAM they reject me because I live in a 'wrong' country. WHY? This is not piracy protection because I've already bought the damn thing. I can't communicate directly with Steam as they simply provide a Kafkaesque labyrinth of 'help' options that lock you out. So how on Earth do I get to download the game that I have already bought???? :mad:   :seagull:

that frankly is appalling

were they one of the official retailers as recommended by SI?

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

were they one of the official retailers as recommended by SI?

The game cannot be activated in certain countries. It says so in small print on the box.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The game cannot be activated in certain countries. It says so in small print on the box.

surely he should have been notified of that when he was purchasing, he wouldnt have had a box it was done online 

and he has had no issues purchasing previously? unless his circumstances has changed

• Administrators
Just now, kingrobbo said:

surely he should have been notified of that when he was purchasing, he wouldnt have had a box it was done online 

and he has had no issues purchasing previously? unless his circumstances has changed

Yeah fair enough. Its not purchasing thats the issue it is Steam Activation.

Either way even a box just has the code on the inside.

Just now, Lucas said:

Yeah fair enough. Its not purchasing thats the issue it is Steam Activation.

Either way even a box just has the code on the inside.

yep that it does

not knowing his full details I would have thought there should have been some prompt before buying that it isnt available in all locations, when I first moved down under FM wasnt available in full lots of things were missing compared to version I could get in UK

so had a mate to send me a copy those were the days you needed a disk:D

1 minute ago, kingrobbo said:

yep that it does

not knowing his full details I would have thought there should have been some prompt before buying that it isnt available in all locations, when I first moved down under FM wasnt available in full lots of things were missing compared to version I could get in UK

so had a mate to send me a copy those were the days you needed a disk:D

I'm assuming that if you buy it through Steam for example, you will get that warning. The question is, where did he buy his CD key? :)

• Administrators
Just now, KlaaZ said:

I'm assuming that if you buy it through Steam for example, you will get that warning. The question is, where did he buy his CD key? :)

There are more retailers (even official ones recommended by SI) than Steam.

Again its not the CD Key thats the issue going off what he said but its location. 

Where he bought the key is irrelevant.

Just now, KlaaZ said:

he states in his post 

never heard of them tho

I was always skeptical when I used greenmangaming but they always delivered 

now I stick to steam direct with loyalty there isnt much in it

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

There are more retailers (even official ones recommended by SI) than Steam.

Again its not the CD Key thats the issue going off what he said but its location. 

Where he bought the key is irrelevant.

of interest is there a definitive list where you cant use the key

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

of interest is there a definitive list where you cant use the key

Region (A)

This game is region locked and cannot be activated through Steam in the following countries:

Brazil, Columbia, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Falkland Islands, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Brunei, Turkey, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.

Region (B)

This game is region locked and can only be activated through Steam in the following countries:

Brazil, Columbia, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Falkland Islands.

Region (C)

This game is region locked and can only be activated through Steam in the following countries:

Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan

https://www.sega.co.uk/regions-fm

Assuming its not changed in 4 years that is... 

What region that translates to, I'm not sure in terms of purchasing keys on online retailers.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

https://www.sega.co.uk/regions-fm

Assuming its not changed in 4 years that is... 

What region that translates to, I'm not sure in terms of purchasing keys on online retailers.

cheers Lucas

he must have moved poor bugger

I was shocked how limited game was here initially changed now thankfully, if I remember correctly it was mostly Asian leagues only

so I basically had a UK copy sent as Xmas gift

Edited by kingrobbo

• Administrators
1 minute ago, kingrobbo said:

he must have moved poor bugger

His name is a clue tbf. Assuming its Cambodia it would appear impossible to activate there.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

His name is a clue tbf. Assuming its Cambodia it would appear impossible to activate there.

yes its strange as he is pretty active on the forums re the current versions so he has activated FM  previously

hope he gets his money back at least

Hi, the situation is that a shorter list of locked countries was up on Steam and other sites - it included the likes of China and Hong Kong, but Cambodia was not mentioned. Cambodia did not appear in a list of approved nations, NOR any list of unapproved. So I enquired with the various companies selling keys discussed in a thread on this forum. The likes of VOIDU said they excluded Cambodia, but when I asked CDKEYS they had no problem. Today they sent me a photocopy of the key you get in a box which I copied into the right place, but STEAM wouldn't activate it due to my residence. I have had this issue every year but previously the company that took my money sorted it out quickly. Maybe CDKEYS would have fixed the issue later in the day, but as it is the superlative customer service of SI has seen me good, so for that I am extremely grateful.

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Hi, the situation is that a shorter list of locked countries was up on Steam and other sites - it included the likes of China and Hong Kong, but Cambodia was not mentioned. Cambodia did not appear in a list of approved nations, NOR any list of unapproved. So I enquired with the various companies selling keys discussed in a thread on this forum. The likes of VOIDU said they excluded Cambodia, but when I asked CDKEYS they had no problem. Today they sent me a photocopy of the key you get in a box which I copied into the right place, but STEAM wouldn't activate it due to my residence. I have had this issue every year but previously the company that took my money sorted it out quickly. Maybe CDKEYS would have fixed the issue later in the day, but as it is the superlative customer service of SI has seen me good, so for that I am extremely grateful.

I am glad for you

dont get sacked straight away now:brock:

Loving this version of the match engine. Looks like they've nailed the balance between cross manager and punt manager. Seeing some delightful stuff. 

Got my 3-5-2 working just as intended with wide midfielders instead of defensive wingers due to the dribble more and run wide stuff, but whatever works. 

Can someone confirm if the direct passing over the top in short passing and low tempo setting has been tamed? This is very important for me to help decide whether I'll enjoy and continue to play FM or not.

Edited by pats

13 minutes ago, pats said:

Can someone confirm if the direct passing over the top in short passing and low tempo setting has been tamed? This is very important for me to help decide whether I'll enjoy and continue to play FM or not.

How can any other user give a judgment on this and whether you are going to enjoy the game?  Try it for yourself

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

I had a similar experience with a different retailer. They sold a "Global" licence to the game, but it was instead region-locked. Very annoying.

I wish SI would stop altering prices based on location, especially locations where cost of living is so similar that a price discrepancy is nonsensical (i.e. UK/Europe vs. USA/Canada). I guess I should have just bought directly from Steam for C$60, but that seemed like such a silly price when FM-ers in Europe were paying <C$50 for the exact same game.

1 hour ago, Overmars said:

I had a similar experience with a different retailer. They sold a "Global" licence to the game, but it was instead region-locked. Very annoying.

I wish SI would stop altering prices based on location, especially locations where cost of living is so similar that a price discrepancy is nonsensical (i.e. UK/Europe vs. USA/Canada). I guess I should have just bought directly from Steam for C$60, but that seemed like such a silly price when FM-ers in Europe were paying <C$50 for the exact same game.

SI does not set the retail price- the game is distributed by SEGA but the retailers can set their own price

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I am having the identical problem. When I ordered the game it was listed as Worldwide but I notice their store now specifies EU.

How did you sort out the problem?

1 minute ago, Cal585 said:

I am having the identical problem. When I ordered the game it was listed as Worldwide but I notice their store now specifies EU.

How did you sort out the problem?

I gave the required details (my Steam account and the FM19 key I'd purchased) to someone in an approved country who activated it via Steam.

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

I gave the required details (my Steam account and the FM19 key I'd purchased) to someone in an approved country who activated it via Steam.

Ok. I might wait a bit longer for a response from CDKeys and mope around on FM18/wait for the demo. Glad yours is sorted.

5 hours ago, StevehFC said:

I'll need to change a few things involving hibs. The researcher has got so many things wrong. 

Yea a lot of the young players haven't been touched in the past 2 years, need upgrading and some  stats are way off for other players, nothing major just made right.

Just had my first game since updating to full game, had a goal go in from a cross, assistant raised his flag the text said refs going to VAR then the next line was the goals been ruled out for offside. 3d highlights on extended but got no animation of the ref going to the VAR guy or anything just the goal being ruled out as keeper taking the free kick, this a bug?

10 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Just had my first game since updating to full game, had a goal go in from a cross, assistant raised his flag the text said refs going to VAR then the next line was the goals been ruled out for offside. 3d highlights on extended but got no animation of the ref going to the VAR guy or anything just the goal being ruled out as keeper taking the free kick, this a bug?

If there is any doubt, upload the match .pkm in the Bugs forum and let the developers have a look.

11 hours ago, Amarante said:

Run a few test first and there is a difference between direct pass and  attempting a through pass. But as its called Player Preferred Move 8/10 thats what they should do. 

11 hours ago, Kazza said:

It would appear, cannot be certain, there has been some tweaking.  My slightly  customised 4231 Genenpress not working as well. Um food for thought and  a new challenge re the tactics.

11 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Must've done, in the 125 hours I put into the beta I never had a game like that, especially against an underdog

Match Engine in the beta is always a more basic version of what will be released in the full game, likely to see if the majority pick up on the same thing the SI crew picked up on.

Hence why you get "games too easy" chat every single time the beta comes out, then silence from the same people when the full game comes out. Give them a few days to save and reload an unbeaten season so they can post in here to save face, though.

10 hours ago, Rivanov said:

But three injuries in one week time.. With a broken ankle for Robertson..

Look at Hearts of Scotland in real life. Past few weeks they've lost their two starting centre halves, and top scorer, for over four months.