Round of 16: Croatia vs Denmark

GunmaN1905

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Heartwork said:

Ah ****. Both keepers were immense in that shootout but the QF between Russia and Croatia is gonna be poor. Both teams will be shattered after both having to go to pens.

Yeah well, difference being Croatia's potential is immense and Russia played as well as they could.

Hopefully this is a lesson for Dalić and they grow some balls until Saturday.

1 minute ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

I wouldn't be too worried about playing this Croatia side, they seem to be the most overrated side in this thing, however likeable they are. It's really open as to who enters that final.

Don't you first have to win 2 games to get to that game?

Just now, DB08 said:

There were some terrible penalties but regardless, that was a fantastic effort from both keepers.

Yeah, but unlike for example De Gea, both keepers did great to keep their composure instead of throwing themselves to their right every time and hoping for the best.

Gutted for the Danes, they were easily the better team. I've always liked Croatia though and Modric is one of my all time favourite players so I'm pleased for them...hope they play better in the quarters though.

Glad Denmark and their rotten football are sacked off... but it does give England a headache as Croatia are decent.

Cant we lose to Colombia to get into the lower-lower half and face Tahiti, Botswana and the Maldives en route to the final this time?

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Yeah, but unlike for example De Gea, both keepers did great to keep their composure instead of throwing themselves to their right every time and hoping for the best.

Nothing new there, de Gea is poor at penalties for a supposed top class keeper.

2 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

Premier League champions not good enough for Peter Junior????

Well both Manc sides already have decent keepers (although DDG's performances here have been questionable). I was thinking more along the lines of big teams that sorely need a new GK.

Just now, daylight said:

Don't you first have to win 2 games to get to that game?

That was going out to all of us Swiss, Swedish, English, Russian and Colombian fans. Lot of people already had them through and gave Denmark no chance today, they certainly don't appear to be that good and anyone will give them a game.

Well both Manc sides already have decent keepers (although DDG's performances here have been questionable). I was thinking more along the lines of big teams that sorely need a new GK.

1 mistake in the first game and didn't save penalties. Have i missed something else?

He would be exactly what Liverpool needs.

And not that expensive, since he's 32 and Leicester would probably do him a solid.

5 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Kasper really needs to move to a bigger club though, was the star of this Denmark team. Someone sign him already. Arsenal are in desperate need of a decent keeper. So are Liverpool.

No we aren't...we already signed Bernd Leno. 

Just now, Andrew_ said:

1 mistake in the first game and didn't save penalties. Have i missed something else?

You're only as good as your last game. He'll be shipped off to Scunthorpe before the end of August.

1 minute ago, Andrew_ said:

"supposed top class keeper"

You don't think he is?

Didn't mean it that way. :D

I think it should have been 'supposedly poor for a top class keeper' or something.

I over-complicated things.

Thankfully Croatia won this. Hopefully they finally gotten through that 'off-day' they seem to have every big tournament. Denmark played well, but it's not a team you would like to see in the semi-finals. Croatia has much more to offer quality-wise, let's hope it will show in their match. 

1 minute ago, Constantine said:

If Croatia played against Spain in QF, there would be no doubt in my mind that they're going through. Now Russia... I'm not so sure. 

This is an either or situation.

Either you go over that mental block or you don't. If they didn't get over it just now, they never will.

9 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I still can't believe Pivarić took a pen. :lol:

He's too dumb to understand anything and he probably volunteered first.

I don’t like him and I am perfectly aware he’s a **** player. I’ve been watching him since he was 16-17. But at least he had the balls to shoot. Massive respect.

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

What was he doing now? He's a miserable git.

they were showing his reactions to the penalties and he said "why did you have to show that? seriously" which led to Dixon and the presenter laughing awkwardly and then moving on to the next item for the Russia/Spain game

compare that to Drogba the other day with him, Shearer and Lineker laughing away at his recording

1 minute ago, Baptista_8 said:

What was he doing now? He's a miserable git.

Actually, listening to him these days is impressive.

During his playing days, he could barely string a sentence together, he had huge stuttering issues. It's impressive that he was able to overcome it.

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

This is an either or situation.

Either you go over that mental block or you don't. If they didn't get over it just now, they never will.

if Croatia play with some tempo, they will beat Russia

Archived