Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 thing that would also be nice is when a player has been selected in the team his name is moved away from the selection, maybe to the top of the screen.

When I played my first friendly I selected my team, once that was done I just wanted to fill the subs bench with my remaining players and move on.

I was just clicking away thinking I was adding the remaining players, in truth I was removing selected starting players and putting them on the bench, it is not clear unless you look closely what players were selected.

This was much easier in previous games as the player would move to the top of the screen and the remaining players were all at the bottom of the screen.

I take it you are playing the classic version Dave?

In the full game it is clear what player plays where.

No, I'm on the full version now. It's not clear at all, when you go to quick subs, it doesn't even show the positions of the players on the bench, I'll get a screenie in a mo...

MRkv3tp.png

Unless you either know the player, or click on them (or at least hover over the 'i' button), you have no idea just from looking at that what positions your subs are - unless I'm missing something really obvious here). Not only that, but there's no quick way to find out how suitable they are for the role you're going to sub them into.

• Administrators
No, I'm on the full version now. It's not clear at all, when you go to quick subs, it doesn't even show the positions of the players on the bench, I'll get a screenie in a mo...

MRkv3tp.png

Unless you either know the player, or click on them (or at least hover over the 'i' button), you have no idea just from looking at that what positions your subs are - unless I'm missing something really obvious here). Not only that, but there's no quick way to find out how suitable they are for the role you're going to sub them into.

Please raise the issue on our UI forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

Thanks.

Making a substitution is a major pain in the backside. Go to quick sub, and you've simply no idea of the best position, or indeed any position of your subs, which makes for a lot of clicking just to find out if a sub is suitable for the position you're subbing out. What a huge step backwards for this part of the game.

The match engine looks nice, although I don't like how small the dots are in the 2D screen (not classic 2D), but the 3D looks improved, although there's still some silly animations, but that's to be expected at this stage.

There's a lot to like here, but I'm just not feeling it due to the tactics/subs interface. There was simply no need to change it the way they have.

This is going to be such a dickish comment, but seriously? If you cannot remember what position your subs bench are then maybe FM is not the game for you.

Could be :)

You can train Roles, attributes and PPMs now on FMC, which is a direct response to Wish List feedback and is enormously welcome!

My favorite part of the game has always been training and developing youth players, and the absence of it in FMC was what stopped me ever even trying that mode. I probably will give it a go now.

Few early observations

- Match looks better, the best it has in 3D, you can see the direction its heading in.

- Seen a lot of goals scored from crosses (6 out of 10 so far, 2 of them own goals), and 4 from balls over the top of the defence

- This is just personal preference, but I thought last years tactics screen was almost perfect, but i'm sure i'll get used to this one, just doesnt feel as polished

- New fonts & UI are very good, like the sidebar a lot.

- Scouting looks like and improvement and the addition of player training in FMC is fantastic

Time to start the strife of finding a tactic that fits the 359 central midfielders I have...

Oh.... Player training in classic mode?! Might not be playing full fat much longer. That's all I really missed in the old classic mode...

• Administrators
This is going to be such a dickish comment, but seriously? If you cannot remember what position your subs bench are then maybe FM is not the game for you.

It's a bit irrelevant, the game should be displaying this information. If I take over a club where I don't know any of the players and the names are hard to tell apart (say a Turkish side for example) this kind of information would be essential for me.

After a quick hour's play on it, what I have done so far is much neater and better presented than last year. Not played a match I am controlling yet so cannot make any comments on the match engine so far. Unfortunately, so far I haven't been better at managing Stevenage than I thought I would be. Will be going into more detail with roles tomorrow, hopefully with some tweaking of my new tactic I can improve my results.

• Administrators
This is more of a question I guess, on previous FMs I have used the space bar to continue and also to play/pause in a match. It's not working for me on the beta is that intentional or a bug?

It should be working in all honesty. May be worth raising the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

No it is not always that easy, if you play as a team you have no knowledge of and especially in your first preseason of course you will struggle with names.

Anyway there is something not right as I can clearly see the positions my subs play as you can see in the screenshot I posted.

Really not a fan of the new interface. This time it's the tactics screen: Previously, you could see at a glance from the colours the combination of attack/defend/support instructions you've given, but now it's represented by minuscule shifts in player position.

• Administrators
I see that as always "We're seriously over run in midfield" despite leading 7-0 :D

Sorry. Couldn't resist that one.

Why do you not have the side bar to be the same colours as the team you've clicked on?

Can you raise that issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Ideally with a pkm of the match and the time-in game the commentary appeared. Thanks.

Happy so far, product seems much better at this stage than in previous years, fantastic. Finding navigation a little hard at the minute, sure I'll pick this up after a while. And tactics screen has gone backwards for me, but I guess a skin will be out in no time. :)

• Administrators
Sometimes the space button works moving forward in the game and in the inbox, sometimes not. Running window mode on a Macbook Pro with newest OS.

If you could raise it here, it'd be appreciated - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

Thanks.

I was about to post something for Dagenham_Dave but I see he is having a timeout.

Anyway, looking at his screenshot is it maybe possible he is running the game with his text set to zoomed in 125% and that is why it is cutting off the positions of his subs?

I see in the top tab it says 'copy of selection info'

Seems like you've accidently made a copy of the original with some missing columns...

I inserted a few additional columns, and it was working fine, but when I closed the game and loaded it back up it removed a load of columns for some reason

I inserted a few additional columns, and it was working fine, but when I closed the game and loaded it back up it removed a load of columns for some reason

Ahh yeah, that's a different issue then.. if you could do what Brocky suggested mentioning all this.. it would be appreciated?

as you deleted my thread i will post it here!

How anyone plays this game without wanting to rip their eyes out is beyond me! For the past 3 years this gaming franchise which i have loved since cm2 has completely lost the plot! Now while a lot of the features are good and the actual game is to a very high standard there is one HUGE problem which is the match engine. I am cancelling my preorder after playing this years beta, i don't see why i should pay £30 a year to play a game which is of such a poor standard. Me and my friends played FM2012 so much that it even caused us to break up with our girlfriends on numerous occasions and we ended up clocking over 75 DAYS!! of gameplay in-between uni and relationships! now to go from that to not even being able to get past the first 10 games of a season isn't right.This match engine is flawed in every way possible! the goalkeepers are so bad and realistically wouldn't be missed if they wasn't even there as i find they cause more problems than they solve. the player movements are so horrible and off it just looks like there ice skating! players acceleration is ridiculous and they way player just blitz past others is a joke. i have absolutely nothing good to say about this match engine and i beg all of you to vote with your wallets and DO NOT but this piece of crap and then maybe it will force sigames to actually develop a decent match engine. All i want is fm to get back to its old best and with this match engine that isn't possible, please sort it out si or you will be losing a lot of gamers who have been with you for almost 2 decades

Impressed so far with FM15. Did post earlier about scouting screen being a bit slow, seems to have sped up now, so dont know if it was a case of being slow on first boot up of the game, or if it has been tweaked with a small update but thumbs up now! Only slight gripe is I wish the 2D pitch was still the same as 14. It's not bothering me a great deal, just a preference of mine

Archived