Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a complaint that's been relevant ever since... I can remember, really. I didn't want to pollute the forum and create a thread so please hear me out on this, as I think I'm being reasonable. Anyway, the problem is that in the penalty box, i.e. really close to goal, any player's tendency to shoot far outweighs their possibility of making a killer pass to a wide-open teammate. Sometimes there are even 2 or 3 players in a far better position, open goal in front of them, but the player with the ball always, ALWAYS tends to shoot. It seems that, from a programming point of view, the devs must have divided the areas into where players cross from, which works great, because out wide they do cross and they do obey instructions, i.e. cut inside, cross early etc. Butwhen the area isn't defined (the player can be anywhere, as long as it's close to goal), they lose focus and their decision to shoot always prevails. What I'm talking about is when he's literally 5-10 yards away from goal, with 2 teammates open to his side (no one marking them) - he shoots. He always shoots. Sometimes from impossible angles. Surely you would agree that it's weird. It's been that way in 2014, 2013, 2012 and as far as I can remember. I would say 8 out 10 - he shoots. Please look into that and maybe fix something. Surely you can't expect me to assign every attacking player the "Shoot Less" instruction, as it's for balls that are further away. Any sane player, no matter the instructions, should be able to recognise a teammate in a better position, in from of open goal, when only a simple sideways pass is necessary.

Complaint number two, this time about FM 2015. I signed Sven Bender for Chelsea and Fabregas immediately started flipping out and wanted to talk to me about his place being in danger. I chose the "I'm changing tactics and I need you onboard" option and he decided to look for another club. All within two days of the season beginning. Two things wrong: they are clearly different players, they won't even compete. Bender is more defensive (a DM), Fabregas is more offensive. And the other thing is that Fabregas has just arrived, he can't leave two days after being bought. The game would't let me sell him anyway this early into his Chelsea career.

Thank you!

I have a complaint that's been relevant ever since... I can remember, really. I didn't want to pollute the forum and create a thread so please hear me out on this, as I think I'm being reasonable. Anyway, the problem is that in the penalty box, i.e. really close to goal, any player's tendency to shoot far outweighs their possibility of making a killer pass to a wide-open teammate. Sometimes there are even 2 or 3 players in a far better position, open goal in front of them, but the player with the ball always, ALWAYS tends to shoot. It seems that, from a programming point of view, the devs must have divided the areas into where players cross from, which works great, because out wide they do cross and they do obey instructions, i.e. cut inside, cross early etc. Butwhen the area isn't defined (the player can be anywhere, as long as it's close to goal), they lose focus and their decision to shoot always prevails. What I'm talking about is when he's literally 5-10 yards away from goal, with 2 teammates open to his side (no one marking them) - he shoots. He always shoots. Sometimes from impossible angles. Surely you would agree that it's weird. It's been that way in 2014, 2013, 2012 and as far as I can remember. I would say 8 out 10 - he shoots. Please look into that and maybe fix something. Surely you can't expect me to assign every attacking player the "Shoot Less" instruction, as it's for balls that are further away. Any sane player, no matter the instructions, should be able to recognise a teammate in a better position, in from of open goal, when only a simple sideways pass is necessary.

Complaint number two, this time about FM 2015. I signed Sven Bender for Chelsea and Fabregas immediately started flipping out and wanted to talk to me about his place being in danger. I chose the "I'm changing tactics and I need you onboard" option and he decided to look for another club. All within two days of the season beginning. Two things wrong: they are clearly different players, they won't even compete. Bender is more defensive (a DM), Fabregas is more offensive. And the other thing is that Fabregas has just arrived, he can't leave two days after being bought. The game would't let me sell him anyway this early into his Chelsea career.

Thank you!

On the first point there's every chance this tendency can be corrected with this ME, it does require you to upload some pkm's with explicit examples of the wrong decision making for the devs to assess though.

On the second report it as a bug please, because it certainly is one :)

I've been playing the game for 3 hours now on my MBP Retina 2013 and the fan stays on the whole time. It's really annoying. And I'm not even using the 3-D engine. I can run almost every software on it without the fan going crazy but there is something in FM15 which is triggering the fan all the time.

And I also agree with the tactic screen being a lot worse then in FM14.

No, but i'm willing to post my concerns here. I only just saw how active you are in this thread right now, which i appreciate.

'' http://puu.sh/cnYyJ/8196564ee9.jpg

Here we have FM14, on the right side i can access everything i need to create and manage my tactics. I have direct visual feedback and can change things with a few clicks and imagine easily how it will play out. All the other options are on the right side too so that i can switch around fast and without making long ways with my mouse (it sounds ridiculous but that has a huge impact on feeling comfortable with an UI). On the left side i can look at player information and look at my squad structure, can see who is fit or needs match fitness or is injured to organize my substitutes. This was great UI design if you ask me and maybe SI didn't know how functional there tactical screen already was.

http://puu.sh/cnYLU/f2867eb38c.jpg

Here is the new UI. The first thing that we see, and the most annoying thing is that almost all functionality has been stripped from the tactical visualization. I can still click on it and change things but as all directly visible information has been passed to the right side it's tiresome and inefficient, so the right screen is basically useless. But the shift to the left side has taken away all the space to display information, just look how much space every player takes up, i can fit much less players on the screen without scrolling than in FM14

http://puu.sh/cnZcv/515964920d.jpg

Here's a side-to-side comparison. On the right side we have efficient use of space: Roles, duties, team instructions, mentality, substitutes etc+ Visualization (!). On the left side we have bloated space, weird icons (those circle icons are really bad, i have to look very close to see the difference between almost full and full) and there is no way to see the stats + the stats that the role requires.

This might seem small and i know that i will adapt to it but it's an unneccessary step back, i hope i could explain what bothers me about it. ''

Thank you!

I would agree that this has been a massive problem since FM14. Although I can't remember it happening much on the hallowed FM13 one!

Now, something incredible.

Remember I had a hard time after I started? Had a few months of bad results. It all changed when I switched tactics, and I managed to have a very good run that left me 2nd in the brazilian championship (team was predicted to finish 3rd and I've taken them in 19th, so it's cool). Also, lost the Brazilian Cup in the semi-finals, which was what the board wanted.

Season ends, I'm on the top! Good prospects for the upcoming season.

First game next season, state championship, away against Boa, 2nd division. A draw. 1-1.

Board wants to sack me.

WHAT.

Thank you!

Second this!

Would love to see SI agreeing with the problem and saying they will try and fix this! Problem is I have never seen them say it and feel they can't fix it because it's been going on for years now :(

I've been playing the game for 3 hours now on my MBP Retina 2013 and the fan stays on the whole time. It's really annoying. And I'm not even using the 3-D engine. I can run almost every software on it without the fan going crazy but there is something in FM15 which is triggering the fan all the time.

Could you start a thread on this here please http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/360-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues while we know further optimisation is due the Devs might want some more details from you.

Second this!

Would love to see SI agreeing with the problem and saying they will try and fix this! Problem is I have never seen them say it and feel they just can't fix it because it's been going on for years now :(

See my reply to that post please.

No, but i'm willing to post my concerns here. I only just saw how active you are in this thread right now, which i appreciate.

http://puu.sh/cnYyJ/8196564ee9.jpg

Here we have FM14, on the right side i can access everything i need to create and manage my tactics. I have direct visual feedback and can change things with a few clicks and imagine easily how it will play out. All the other options are on the right side too so that i can switch around fast and without making long ways with my mouse (it sounds ridiculous but that has a huge impact on feeling comfortable with an UI). On the left side i can look at player information and look at my squad structure, can see who is fit or needs match fitness or is injured to organize my substitutes. This was great UI design if you ask me and maybe SI didn't know how functional there tactical screen already was.

Here is the new UI. The first thing that we see, and the most annoying thing is that almost all functionality has been stripped from the tactical visualization. I can still click on it and change things but as all directly visible information has been passed to the right side it's tiresome and inefficient, so the right screen is basically useless. But the shift to the left side has taken away all the space to display information, just look how much space every player takes up, i can fit much less players on the screen without scrolling than in FM14

Here's a side-to-side comparison. On the right side we have efficient use of space: Roles, duties, team instructions, mentality, substitutes etc+ Visualization (!). On the left side we have bloated space, weird icons (those circle icons are really bad, i have to look very close to see the difference between almost full and full) and there is no way to see the stats + the stats that the role requires.

This might seem small and i know that i will adapt to it but it's an unneccessary step back, i hope i could explain what bothers me about it.i totally agree on that.

YES, this

Now, something incredible.

Remember I had a hard time after I started? Had a few months of bad results. It all changed when I switched tactics, and I managed to have a very good run that left me 2nd in the brazilian championship (team was predicted to finish 3rd and I've taken them in 19th, so it's cool). Also, lost the Brazilian Cup in the semi-finals, which was what the board wanted.

Season ends, I'm on the top! Good prospects for the upcoming season.

First game next season, state championship, away against Boa, 2nd division. A draw. 1-1.

Board wants to sack me.

WHAT.

A problem I've noted in Brazil is that if you do half decently in Div 1 the board demand you win the crummy state League or else, there's something wrong with expectations between the two levels.

It's worth a bug report.

I pulled the trigger. Just purchased through Steam.

Random question: what is the download time based on? It told me 57 mins, but it took more so like 7 mins lol.

Oh and how are my specs?

Intel Core i7 1.7ghz

8 gb 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

http://puu.sh/cnYyJ/8196564ee9.jpg

This might seem small and i know that i will adapt to it but it's an unneccessary step back, i hope i could explain what bothers me about it.

I wanna add my voice to the other who have quoted this post, and say that I completely agree.

The FM14 team selection screen was everything I would ever want from a team selection screen, even in windowed mode I'd be able to have the information I needed at a glance. Tactics to the right, players to the left.

I know, there's always a period of getting used to the new UI, but I'm already getting used to the rest of the new game just fine, but the team selection screen is just getting more and more frustrating, because I remember how excellent it was on FM14. I hope you guys change it back. At least gather the tactical info on the right again.

Don't get me wrong though, I like a lot of the new features. Especially the changes to scouting. Team selection just irks me.

I noticed two things so far that need attention: 1--Analysis screens do not list the players names (no space for them). 2-Highlight replays have REVERSAL camera greyed out (can not use it).

Also, not happy with the change of the lineup selection screen, at all. FM14 was so much clearer.

Few things:

- Keepers are horrible. Beat near post way too often, go dead if a shot is deflected, make stupid errors. Almost all most games seem to be high scoring. Watched league replays to confirm, and so many goals are coming from poor GKing.

- 2D Classic lags a bit for me, and that's on a 2011 iMac that ran perfectly fine on FM14. Graphic settings are on low.

- The grass on 2D Classic is well, dumb. The people that use 2D do it for the simplicity and ease of seeing everything. Looks horrible.

Few things:

- Keepers are horrible. Beat near post way too often, go dead if a shot is deflected, make stupid errors. Almost all most games seem to be high scoring. Watched league replays to confirm, and so many goals are coming from poor GKing.

The opening post mentions that the GKing in this build is poor and still being worked on, so hang in there. It will get better.

This is really more of an annoyance than anything haha.

Every time I go to scout a player, if my mouse slips outside of the drop down box, the box disappears.

I think it's the same with every drop down menu, just this one in particular happens quite a bit.

How does the judging potential and ability work for the manager?

I have 19 player/youth knowledge personally, but if we look at any report its going to be from the scouts/assistant, so is this a dummy stat or is there a way to see an estimate from those attributes?

Or do they work in entirely different ways?

*EDIT: I tried looking it up in the manual but that's not up yet. Curious about this now.

How does the judging potential and ability work for the manager?

I have 19 player/youth knowledge personally, but if we look at any report its going to be from the scouts/assistant, so is this a dummy stat or is there a way to see an estimate from those attributes?

Or do they work in entirely different ways?

*EDIT: I tried looking it up in the manual but that's not up yet. Curious about this now.

Good question :) it's dummy really as far as judging a player goes because as you say you don't get to make the reports you're relying on.

Why on earth is the grass luminous green on the lowest detail settings?

And for that matter, why is performance so awful that I have to put the 3D match engine onto the lowest settings with crowd, stadium, sky, etc all turned off?

Playing on Linux, so going to assume for now that it's not optimised properly yet.

Personally I don't see why the roles and duties were removed from the pitch view. The extra text on the left of the screen looks cluttered IMO.

ScreenShot2014-10-23at204233_zps32ccda25.png

I could not agree with this more, it is my biggest complaint thus far. 2nd one being the attrocious Headlines screen. It is just awful.

Having said this, the game is playing well and other than the gross UI this season, it is a great new game. Thank you to the genius who finally added the ability to bar things in contract negotiations!!!

Why on earth is the grass luminous green on the lowest detail settings?

And for that matter, why is performance so awful that I have to put the 3D match engine onto the lowest settings with crowd, stadium, sky, etc all turned off?

Playing on Linux, so going to assume for now that it's not optimised properly yet.

Same here. Ran everything perfect on "medium" in FM14 and now I'm struggling on low. Pitch becomes perfect on low as well. Very weird!

No they don't - they get entered into the qualifying rounds at the start of the comp.

Top 4 still get their place, winners go through an additional playoff place.

Liverpool v AC Milan is the nearest example.

What happened when Chelsea finished 6th and won the CHampions League? Pretty sure Tottenham finished 4th and weren't allowed to enter?

Is it not possible anymore to go back to coach/assistant reports once you've seen them? And forgive me if I'm missing something, but where are the "new" player roles? And Regista?

EDIT: I "see" the roles now, only when I mouseover though.

What happened when Chelsea finished 6th and won the CHampions League? Pretty sure Tottenham finished 4th and weren't allowed to enter?

it was changed after Liverpool won it and England had 5 entered

Basically it's the winners, and then all other spaces are filled up by league placings

so hypothetically, the CL winners could be relegated, and 4th placed would miss out (they'd have the Euro Cup though, so it's not all bad)

One thing I didn't see that's been on previous editions of FM: there used to be a drop-down menu where you could view all the leagues you had loaded. Is that only accessible under the search menu now?

Liking the new interface otherwise.

A problem I've noted in Brazil is that if you do half decently in Div 1 the board demand you win the crummy state League or else, there's something wrong with expectations between the two levels.

It's worth a bug report.

Yeah. I started to win the games and now the board is ok with me again.

Brazil is a very nice league to play, but there's a few database mistakes that annoy me. One researcher must be a follower of Cruzeiro (I've noticed that since FM08, but there's a special thing that is annoying me now).

Cruzeiro play their games at Mineirão. Atlético play at Arena Independência (and then the big games goes to Mineirão, like the Libertadores final last year). The game set the "rent" for Mineirão at 1% for Cruzeiro and Atlético doesn't even play there. At Arena Independência, the rent is 10%.

In real-life things are different. Mineirão has a whooping 50% rent and Arena Independência has 5%. That's why Atlético prefers to play at Independência. To make Mineirão give the same amount of money, they have to double their prices (hey, it's only BIG matches) or to have double the audience (27k ppl at Mineirão equals to 13k ppl at Independência). But for FM15, Mineirão is always better.

Where should I post those issues? There are a few more.

The new training suggests an interesting possibility.

In theory you can now take a 15 year old and train him to play in a position other than the one the game defaults him to.

So if you think his attributes at 15 mean he could become a striker rather than the AMC the game makes him you can try to make it happen very simply.

Am I missing something? What about FM15 allows you to do this in a way you couldn't on 14?

One thing I didn't see that's been on previous editions of FM: there used to be a drop-down menu where you could view all the leagues you had loaded. Is that only accessible under the search menu now?

Yeah I noticed this as well - are you saying you can get a list of leagues loaded on the search menu?

The new training suggests an interesting possibility.

In theory you can now take a 15 year old and train him to play in a position other than the one the game defaults him to.

So if you think his attributes at 15 mean he could become a striker rather than the AMC the game makes him you can try to make it happen very simply.

What new training?

First off some initial impressions and then two questions with one perhaps being a bug.

I like the new UI and the whole feel of the game. There is some getting used to the new menus and where to find what but mostly it is simple to find anything now.

- The implementation of the track suit / tactical manager is much better than I had thought. It took me quite a while to set it up.

- The new scouting UI and "center" and search functions are great.

- The basic graphics also had an overhaul (I mean logos, started in premier league) and you could possibly now even play without adding the logo packs.

- The help menus and information in game has been overhauled with little yellow circles appearing to provide information as well as things in general having better descriptions

- Tactics: I like the visual representation of attacking, supporting, defending players on the tactics screen but I had a very difficult time setting up my bench players. Maybe it takes getting used to but I kept scrolling through the list and wasn't sure if I had missed anyone. It also seems a bit cumbersome seeing what role someone plays in and what the required attributes are.

I haven't been able to play a game yet, so I cannot give feedback on the match engine and feeling.

Now to my questions:

1. Scouting - when a player is at lets say 65% known and has some aspects not know to me yet (injury proneness, etc.) can I increase this by simply clicking "get a scout report" over and over or do I have to assign a specific scout to watch the player closely for a while?

2. Training (possible bug?) - in the assign coaches to training tab (where you see the star ratings) I have one coach assigned to each area. Then I added one additional coach who let help out in each category again. For fitness and goalkeeping the workload is reduced to average but the "general" categories (tactical, shooting, defending,etc.) stay on heavy. Is this new, in that I need to assign even more coaches or is it during pre-season that they have a heavier workload,or has it to do with having match preparation 50% and no rest before and after a game with a high balanced general training?

Edit: I forgot to mention - love the new additions for team/player instructions. Goalkeeper distribution, excellent. And some additional crossing, closing down options etc. - good stuff

Yeah I noticed this as well - are you saying you can get a list of leagues loaded on the search menu?

Sorry- meant that you had to find the leagues through the search menu, under the individual countries. No list.

Why on Earth do we now have to make two clicks to get scout report from player profile screen? It was perfect in FM14.

Also, instead of those huge pros / cons icons on scout report page, you should have saved some space to add positional abilities on the same page, without forcing us to click once more.

Personally I don't see why the roles and duties were removed from the pitch view. The extra text on the left of the screen looks cluttered IMO.

ScreenShot2014-10-23at204233_zps32ccda25.png

Agree. It is very inconvenient to check the roles and duties. Hope it will get fixed when the full game is released.

New tactic page is horrible. In FM2014 you could see and understand tactic easily, but now you have to look left-right-left-right-left-right many times to understand it. Also small thing what I don't like is, that it now takes an extra click to find out players preferred moves.Same with many functions actually.

Scouting seems nice and game itself promising considering it is a beta.

If you're looking for a weird thing to play, it looks like FM is going to try to model the 30 team league Grondona thing in Argentina. Ten promotions from the second division in the first season.

It's actually 5 promotions each from two groups of 10 to make a Prem of 30 teams who play each other once a season, 3 up 3 down after that.

Boring as hell tbh :)

Archived