Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serious question, do your researchers actually watch the players of the teams they are assigned? I've only seen the Leeds ones so far, and yes as a fan I am biased, but some of them seem totally skewed.

Could you elaborate a bit more and give some examples? Also, if you feel this way please go into the Data Issues section of the forum. Thanks.

Serious question, do your researchers actually watch the players of the teams they are assigned? I've only seen the Leeds ones so far, and yes as a fan I am biased, but some of them seem totally skewed.

Oooh, I got this one. Please address any concerns about attributes to the Data Issues forum, where the researcher will be happy to discuss them with you.

Edit: Damn you, SRL, you ninja mod.

Could you elaborate a bit more and give some examples? Also, if you feel this way please go into the Data Issues section of the forum. Thanks.

Marco Silvestri's ratings are very very average, I have a season ticket and have been to every home game this season as well a couple of away games and he has been in our top 3 performers in every single game I've seen him and by all accounts is having a fantastic season. Luke Murphy also seems rated very highly, I would agree with his potential ability stat but his current ability is too high, he was extremely average all last season with the odd glimpse of potential and has been worse this year than last year yet his current ability has improved. I can post this again in the data issues section if that helps?

Oooh, I got this one. Please address any concerns about attributes to the Data Issues forum, where the researcher will be happy to discuss them with you.

Edit: Damn you, SRL, you ninja mod.

:cool:

Don't know if this is a bug but has player positions on the tactic screen been removed on purpose? Would like to see all the positions my players play on the tactics bit before the match

Can't you just look in your tactics before a game?

Has there just been a live update? Or is this a bug.

Note: the icon next to the names

4A128569-1046-42B1-A321-130AF3A77C2B_zpshclvffg9.jpg

It is basically how each player is rated.

U57lkzi.png

On this screen here , when I'm selecting subs there isnt anyway to do it on the left on the screen , is the only way to do it to drag a player all the way from the left to the subs potions on the right ?

There is a way to do it on the left? S1, S2 etc. Left click then select your player.

Marco Silvestri's ratings are very very average, I have a season ticket and have been to every home game this season as well a couple of away games and he has been in our top 3 performers in every single game I've seen him and by all accounts is having a fantastic season. Luke Murphy also seems rated very highly, I would agree with his potential ability stat but his current ability is too high, he was extremely average all last season with the odd glimpse of potential and has been worse this year than last year yet his current ability has improved. I can post this again in the data issues section if that helps?

Definitely post in the data issues section. That is the only place it will be taken proper notice of really as it can get lost in here.

Great game, but the usability is horrible. Transparent background makes it sometimes difficult to read texts. The tactical screen needs an overhaul, cause right now its a pain to pick the right players, i feel like im constantly switching back and forth. In 2014 i needed one look to see whats going on. Then I had to search this forum in order to know where the transfer list is. And I feel that everything needs at least a click more compared to 2014. (like scouting a player if you're in his personcal details screen)

Goal keepers are absolutely shocking on this beta. Might as well not have them in some games because the save nothing.

People never read the first post in the thread which explains why that is, might is well not have it :)

Might just be me but I'm not seeing how he's supposed to do S6 and S7 with that method. Those shirts are empty on the right and they aren't showing on the list?

I have noticed that.

Go onto the main squad screen and try right clicking to see if that works. Could be also worth reporting as a bug though.

Still can't find it. You'd think it would be under "interactions" but apparently not

All of the options such as Advice, Praise Player are listed there etc yeah?

Hi SI & Fellow FMers,

Wish to get some confirmation here. Could someone double confirm for me if there are any camera-man/photographer lying around during match days.

I've been watching matches in the English Premier League and currently playing with Barca in Spanish League. So far, i've failed to see any camera-man/photographer. I am happy with current situation as i find that the camera-man/photographer a distraction because i'm watching in 3d on Zoomed Vertical Scrolling camera angle.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators
Daniel Ayala is kicking off at me for selling a youth player (even though I had no control over the sale) and is wanting to leave

Was there no button to talk to him in the generated news item? Can you please raise the issue here so we can look into it? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/422-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

Thanks.

I just made a trial offer for a player which he rejected. As I'm kinda desperate to get a player for that position and what info the scout had managed looked ok I decided to offer him a contract, which he refused to discuss due to recent breakdowns in talks. Not sure how realistic it is but I know for sure it is annoying since the new system, which I love, makes it really difficult to find players when you only got one or two scouts at your disposal. I often used trials as a way to examine players that seemed interesting but so far I haven't managed to get a single player on trial and if they will refuse to negotiate a contract after they refuse a trial I guess even offering it will be off the table for now.

Under interactions it just says conversations (which is just a history of our previous chats) and "discipline a player for" which I can't do anything with

As quoted above, it should be either there or on your inbox screen where he is asking to leave. You will be able to have a conversation with him from that message.

He was angry and my failure to strengthen the squad, which I promised to do after selling the youth player to keep him happy, but on the news item there is nothing that allows me to talk to him

http://gyazo.com/dee7d34ee04eb3060d50307ec6f8c458

Did you advance any days? Maybe that could be the reason why, but either way, raise it in the bugs forum :).

I have this also. Not sure why it changed all of a sudden.

Try raising it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

In preferences, under General settings there is the Size of Text and Images option. It normally set at 100% but if you set it too 95% the subs bar is displayed. Obviously though the writing and everything is slightly smaller than desirable. I haven't had a subs bar since I started playing yesterday. I shall raise it where you suggested though, thanks.

Personally liking the new side bar, getting used to the drop down menus, I keep clicking on the header by accident.

I really like the assists column on the player ratings page, long overdue.

Couple of things on the analysis page, when you filter to say missed net shots, if you hover over an incident it give you the player number instead of the name, I'd like to see the name really.

Also after clicking on and viewing the incident your filter option have reverted back to all.

Enjoying it so far!

In preferences, under General settings there is the Size of Text and Images option. It normally set at 100% but if you set it too 95% the subs bar is displayed. Obviously though the writing and everything is slightly smaller than desirable. I haven't had a subs bar since I started playing yesterday. I shall raise it where you suggested though, thanks.

Will change this at least now. Cheers for the info :).

I don't have the subs listed on the right hand side. Why is this? It's really difficult to add subs without it.

Tactics_Overview_Overview.png

Thanks for the help in advance.

Just the way they've done it this year, not very user friendly. A lot of scrolling to do to select players plus you can't just right click by going through list from top to bottom to select your 18 players.

Tried setting mine to 75% view but the text goes way too small, if there was a 85% option think it would of got the full team on screen without having to scroll up and down all the time. People who are on desktop PCs with bigger monitors will have a better time with it than us using 17" laptops.

I don't have the subs listed on the right hand side. Why is this? It's really difficult to add subs without it.

Regardless of your problem, adding subs is easy. Just click next to your subs' names. A list of replacements will pop up.

There is a way to do it on the left? S1, S2 etc. Left click then select your player.

Did you even look at the picture ?

Might just be me but I'm not seeing how he's supposed to do S6 and S7 with that method. Those shirts are empty on the right and they aren't showing on the list?

Thank you, exactly this.

I have noticed that.

Go onto the main squad screen and try right clicking to see if that works. Could be also worth reporting as a bug though.

Did you even look at the picture ?

There you are sweetheart. Might want to look up and read a few posts :).

:cool:

Can't you just look in your tactics before a game?

It is basically how each player is rated.

Thank you, it was just... I havent seen it in 15 games, the game froze i then close it and it appeared once i restarted the game.

• Administrators
Thank you, it was just... I havent seen it in 15 games, the game froze i then close it and it appeared once i restarted the game.

If it froze can you please raise the issue describing exactly what happened here? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

Regardless of your problem, adding subs is easy. Just click next to your subs' names. A list of replacements will pop up.

That doesn't happen on mine. If I right click on the name of player in one of the substitute positions it just deselects him. It's hard to explain so I've attached a video below. Be wary of my annoying voice.

EDIT: I see what you mean now by clicking on the arrow next to there names. However it's still such a fiddly system, not easy to use at all. And the problem still remains that when I deselect a substitute, the only way to get that slot back is to use the 'Quick pick' solution. Obviously I can also get the subs bar back by selecting the 95% display option in preferences, but again that's just a work-around. Clearly the UI isn't functioning as it should.

EDIT2: Just discovered I can also adds subs from the squad page. It has the easy to use drop down menu all previous FM's had. Question is why is it on the squad page but no the tactics page? So much easier to use than the system on the tactics page.

There you are sweetheart. Might want to look up and read a few posts :).

Any particular reason you're acting in this manner with people , it's weird given you're the only one doing it.

And I'm not sure how going back to the squad screen and adding subs there is good advice, I assume from other replies I am meant to be able to add them on the tactics screen using the boxes on the left ?

That doesn't happen on mine. If I right click on the name of player in one of the substitute positions it just deselects him. It's hard to explain so I've attached a video below. Be wary of my annoying voice.

EDIT: I see what you mean now by clicking on the arrow next to there names. However it's still such a fiddly system, not easy to use at all. And the problem still remains that when I deselect a substitute, the only way to get that slot back is to use the 'Quick pick' solution. Obviously I can also get the subs bar back by selecting the 95% display option in preferences, but again that's just a work-around. Clearly the UI isn't functioning as it should.

I wonder if our issues are linked. I'm pretty sure before I lost my 2 slots I removed gusy from the slots. I also get that little black box if I right click the slot.

Since this is the official feedback thread, I will add to the many criticisms of the tactics screen thats already been posted.

I don't mind the new look, honestly. I just don't think it belongs in the main tab of the tactics screen. The player roles column should belong in the Player Instructions tab, where people go to fine tune their individual player roles and instructions. Removing the ability to tweak player roles directly on the tactics pitch and putting it on the player selection list is a mistake. It is a huge step back, why would anyone do this? Letting us choose from a refined list of players suitable for that position is a well thought out concept, but it seems a bit too mainstream. It is a convenience for sure, which makes me believe that this was intended for new audiences and the more casual gamers who want to get into the series. It feels like it belongs in FIFA Manager or something. Personally I don't mind it as long as you still let us choose players like we normally do, by right clicking on the position tab. There should be a choice, rather than forcing us to use the new layout.

To me, everythgin seems so slow and laboured when you click something. Like, I click on the player drop down menu to put someone on the bench and it takes a good couple of seconds to show the players etc. Also the match engine doesn;t seem smooth and the 2D classic pitch looks completely different from last years.

Archived