Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Well yeah. That's what I've always done. I've never found it that useful to stay in the tactics screen for any selection work - there's just not enough room for all the data I want to be able to see.

That's moving back and forth "n" times, select player from squad screen then go back to tactics and give him instructions...what if you realize the player is not a good choice...go back to the squad screen, select another one, then back to tactics...wtf? quite unnecessary.

You could see all necessary data before in the tactics screen, once you used proper customized columns. Not valid anymore...thus, our biggest disappointment this year.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few thoughts:

Negatives/Tweaks:

- Agree with the tactics feedback - if we could get the relevant info (role, fitness %, etc.) more logically placed and team selection sorted, that'd be great.

- 2D pitch... far too vibrant colours. I doubt I'll ever move to the 3D match engine so the look of 2D is important (as I'm sure it is for many other players). If this can be toned down and easier on the eye that'd be appreciated.

- Inbox news colours... once again far too stark and vibrant and hurts my eyes.

Now to the positives:

+ Love the sidebar - FM14 was so clunky and cumbersome to navigate around. Much better.

+ Scouting is AWESOME.

All from me for now!

I think someone else may have mentioned this already given the length of the thread, but all the same: training workloads for coaches appear to be off. Three coaches is not enough to cover large squad sizes for attacking, defending, ball control, and shooting. I'm not entirely sure if attributes is playing a role here, but if it is (and things are working as intended), this could be made more apparent.

Is it because you have added columns to the player selection/information and the subs row on the right hand side has disappeared off screen to the right?

It doesn't matter if you add colums or not. Subs row is not there even if you have unmodified view.

Got a scout report on Munir from Barcelona, and within the description it said 'The defensive midfielder made several key passes..." But he's an AM(RLC), ST©

Sounds dodgy to me. Could you please start a thread in the UI section (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface), preferably uploading the save in which this occured?

That's moving back and forth "n" times, select player from squad screen then go back to tactics and give him instructions...what if you realize the player is not a good choice...go back to the squad screen, select another one, then back to tactics...wtf? quite unnecessary.

You could see all necessary data before in the tactics screen, once you used proper customized columns. Not valid anymore...thus, our biggest disappointment this year.

Well, you could be more decisive. ;)

(I am being playful there.)

Honestly and seriously, though, I don't have this problem. But I'm an anal retentive and set up specific tactical instructions for every single player, which means I only have to tweak OIs for specific match situations. I never change my tactics in any significant way pre-match (prefer to change them as I see em and I'm a rigid "you will find a way to beat us" versus "we will find a way to beat you" kinda manager), so none of this ever comes up for me!

Is it because you have added columns to the player selection/information and the subs row on the right hand side has disappeared off screen to the right?

No, it wasn't there to start with. You can because the pitch shouldn't be that size, there should be a bigger gap between the bottom of the pitch and the edge of the screen. It's pretty likely a display issue hence why not everyone can see the subs bar.

• Administrators
I think someone else may have mentioned this already given the length of the thread, but all the same: training workloads for coaches appear to be off. Three coaches is not enough to cover large squad sizes for attacking, defending, ball control, and shooting. I'm not entirely sure if attributes is playing a role here, but if it is (and things are working as intended), this could be made more apparent.

Can you please raise this issue here? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/427-All-Other-Issues

Many thanks.

I do not like the semi opaque background which you are unable to turn off. I have problems with my eye sight which means that I have trouble reading the text. This would be easily fixed by being able to choose the background to display and offering a mono tone option, as ina skin like the berkamp one for FM14.

• Administrators
I do not like the semi opaque background which you are unable to turn off. I have problems with my eye sight which means that I have trouble reading the text. This would be easily fixed by being able to choose the background to display and offering a mono tone option, as ina skin like the berkamp one for FM14.

Okay, can you please raise this on our UI bugs forum? It can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

Thanks.

There are some problems with the translation, some things are not translated, I guess will be fixed for the release of the game, isn't a serious problem.

If I see bugs I report them.

Report any translation issues you find too please. http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/435-Football-Manager-2015-Translation-Issues

The Odegaard thing will probably make more people play with database edits, which should be interesting. I used to always mass delete players with negative potentials worse than like -5 - I like the PA system in general but you'll see U18 teams at lower clubs set to "everyone is terrible" which isn't necessarily fair. I'd rather let the game populate them (plus that will give me regens instead of grey pictures)

on this topic is written:

"Note that this version is a beta version so the translations are not quite complete so you will see text appearing in English still. There is no need to report these issues as all should be translated by release."

so I think they know it! ;-)

Are you using a Target Man? What Roles do your defenders have? What level are you playing at?

No, a lone DLF(s). Defenders are WB(a)-CD(d)-CD(d)-WB(s), and I've even set "Fewer Risky Passes" on the wing backs. Then only playmaker in the team is in the right CM slot.

I'm playing in a low league, but that surely shouldn't be the over-determining factor here.

One major issue I had was the lag in the 3D match engine when I have it on main stand camera view. I have a high-end PC and have 5 stars rating PC graphics performance. Of coarse the game automatically had the setting on very high graphics but like I said it was very choppy and lags. When I lower it to high, it does get better. Maybe it just needs some more optimization from your part as it is still a beta.

Other than that the game so far is fantastic.

That's fine and as it should be. Is it causing errors in your game?

SRL88 - the folder he's looking at is within the Steam install, not either of the folders you've said.

is there a reason behind this? I wanted to see all the tactics is it because its in BETA?

• Administrators
is there a reason behind this? I wanted to see all the tactics is it because its in BETA?

The location where these are kept has changed I believe, and I'm not sure where they are kept now - you can of course see them all via the Tactics screen in-game.

I keep getting a training report saying my players are not getting enough coaching attention during tactics training. Does this mean they want more coaches assigned to it? I'm actually the only coach, and give 3.5 stars.

Has there been any reports on scouts reporting on players that would be willing to join our team from a parent club?

Basically my scout has sent a report twice on players that would be willing to join from my parent club, twice I have tried to sign 4 players and each time the players refuse to come.

Are they interested or not?

I tried even offering them 'key player' status but still they refuse to come, not really sure why my scout keeps saying they are willing to come.

• Administrators
I keep getting a training report saying my players are not getting enough coaching attention during tactics training. Does this mean they want more coaches assigned to it? I'm actually the only coach, and give 3.5 stars.

Tactics training can only be done in Match preparation - Tactical training is different. I'd suggest changing the balance of how much match-preparation you do in training via the training overview.

• Administrators
Has there been any reports on scouts reporting on players that would be willing to join our team from a parent club?

Basically my scout has sent a report twice on players that would be willing to join from my parent club, twice I have tried to sign 4 players and each time the players refuse to come.

Are they interested or not?

I tried even offering them 'key player' status but still they refuse to come, not really sure why my scout keeps saying they are willing to come.

Can you raise it on our Scouting forum here please? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/428-Scouting

Thanks.

Just started a little while ago.

Immediate first impressions.

All in all it's a major improvement. I was a bit worried about the sidebar but i find it to be very good.

I like the UI on a general note. Find it very responsive apart from when using the side-buttons on the mouse to move forward or backward one screen (or more).

But that has always been a very minor problem.

Like the new in-match team shouts. I might forget about them at first but love the implementation.

Only played one match and i liked what i saw there. A few things i noticed but they're already on the "known issues" list.

The gripes i have so far are:

Tactical screen. Although i don't find it as much of a problem as many here it does feel clunky and unintuitive.

It was, for me, perfect the way it was in FM14. I found that absolutely brilliant. This time it was a couple of steps backwards.

Also the part where selected players still show up when you want to choose substitutes.

One thing that does make me pull 1/67 of my hair out is the customised screen.

It has never worked very well but this time (i do know it's a beta, so i'm fairly certain it'll get better) it's terrible.

I'm unable to set up customised screen as at least one column always ends up disappearing on the right side.

I can remove it and add it again and it's fine....until i return to the screen.

Re-sizing the columns is an absolute nightmare. Sometimes it re-sizes the column i want. Other times it takes all to the left of the mouse pointer,

and other times just a few columns.

The disappearing of the columns though has always been there, in my experience. But only triggered when there were too many columns to fit the screen.

As i can only adjust the columns after i've added them there will always be a column that'll disappear and i'll never get it back.

A couple of other things as well.

When i set up a new game i set it up with All leagues in all nations. A "select all" button would be handy. Possibly with a little warning.

Another thing, which very likely is a personal issue for me, is the Job Centre.

As i load all leagues, that screen can be very slow because all nations are selected by default. I would've done it the other way around.

Only the country you would be managing in would be selected the first time you go there. From there on you can add nations, instead of having to remove.

One final thing.

I can't remember if it was in the known issues list but during a match my graphics card is ready to become the UFO newspaperstory number 1.

Just waiting for the damn thing to fly off to space. Sounds like it's revving the hyperdrive.

I do have it on maximum settings though and will probably tone it down a bit.

Conclusion:

Have played very little but love the game so far. Massive step in the right direction, bar a couple of mentioned things :thup:

Not sure if it's a bug, or just something i "feel" soo ---> i think its feedback

played against Barcelona with Leverkusen on the first champions league matchday. mascherano got sent off after 9 mins. Instead of subbing a player to go for the CDM position (Bartra and Busquets were on the bench, Pique and Mathieu as CBs on the pitch), Enrique decided to move Pique to the CDM Position and made the wing backs play more defensively....

which my fast attacking system easily killed (time to time there were 6vs4 attacks, 4vs4 regular normal non-counter attacks) after 35 minutes i was 6:0 up front. for the 2nd half he brought Busquets and played with 4 defs again. game ended 8:3...

sooooooo,

point one: ridicolus result! .... kinda.

point two: ridicolus reaction. i would have brought up a new CDM right after the sent off. it's champions league and leverkusen being the 2nd strongest side of the group (worthy points!), first intl. cup game and other reasons. if not, if i was down 4:0 after 23 mins then i would've subbed :D

anyways, pkm uploaded, and another 2 pkms with high results.... (one is again barca 4:4 against Ludogorets 3 sent offs in total... something's going wrong there......)

Haven't played any of the Beta but I am reading the thread with intrigue.

Re The Tactics screen issue that many seem to be mentioning about not being able to choose roles and duties on the "Formation screen" I would see that as a great shame if it stays that way.

Personally, bar subs, I never used the left side of the screen at all, always tinkering with roles duties and positions on the "formation screen" which was easy enough to do and very user friendly. It also was a great screen to upload on any tactics thread when asking for advice because all is there on one screen and easy on the eye.

In post 1053 the whole left side looks far to cluttered and you could get rid of half of that by just adding roles and duties as per last year. If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

Neil..... If enough people moan could it change back for the final release?

Must say though the seemingly added positions of players just in front, or just behind are extremely exciting. I have been crying out for that for years!!

The location where these are kept has changed I believe, and I'm not sure where they are kept now - you can of course see them all via the Tactics screen in-game.
no problem would be great to know where they went if possible? :) Thanks

Had a crazy game Colchester vs Bradford

In 2 min 2 penalties for Bradford the foul was by same player in 9 min 3 penalties for Bradford same player commited all the fouls , after 14 min the 4th penalty for me . Ended 3-5 crazy stuff in the 2nd half shall i post the savegame in the bugs area ?

How can I ask the board for transferts budget? Thanks.

On the left, click on Board. Then make a board request.

Had a crazy game Colchester vs Bradford

In 2 min 2 penalties for Bradford the foul was by same player in 9 min 3 penalties for Bradford same player commited all the fouls , after 14 min the 4th penalty for me . Ended 3-5 crazy stuff in the 2nd half shall i post the savegame in the bugs area ?

There's nothing buggy here in the traditional sense, but 4 penalties so close together is crazy. Maybe the SI guys can find buggy behaviour under the hood. I'd say post it. A pkm of the match is enough; it doesn't need to be your complete save.

• Administrators

Neil..... If enough people moan could it change back for the final release?

Moan? No chance. Constructively provide feedback, you never know. Obviously it's not down to me, but we can make sure the relevant people see that constructive feedback and as said, you never know.

Anyone else suffering from shocking amount of injuries and a goal difference?

As stated in the largely unread OP, goalkeeping is being improved still. Right now, some games can have high scores.

Injuries are pretty much on par with RL stats though.

Not sure if it's a bug, or just something i "feel" soo ---> i think its feedback

played against Barcelona with Leverkusen on the first champions league matchday. mascherano got sent off after 9 mins. Instead of subbing a player to go for the CDM position (Bartra and Busquets were on the bench, Pique and Mathieu as CBs on the pitch), Enrique decided to move Pique to the CDM Position and made the wing backs play more defensively....

which my fast attacking system easily killed (time to time there were 6vs4 attacks, 4vs4 regular normal non-counter attacks) after 35 minutes i was 6:0 up front. for the 2nd half he brought Busquets and played with 4 defs again. game ended 8:3...

sooooooo,

point one: ridicolus result! .... kinda.

point two: ridicolus reaction. i would have brought up a new CDM right after the sent off. it's champions league and leverkusen being the 2nd strongest side of the group (worthy points!), first intl. cup game and other reasons. if not, if i was down 4:0 after 23 mins then i would've subbed :D

anyways, pkm uploaded, and another 2 pkms with high results.... (one is again barca 4:4 against Ludogorets 3 sent offs in total... something's going wrong there......)

BUT the latest

Thanks very much for these. The Leverkusen match in particular is very interesting and is under review. Any further matches like these, could you please post in the bugs forum and give us a report of what has happened: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

So whats the overall opinion on fm 15 so far?

UI is largely improved, though some things have been made less clear at a glance, especially tactics. New features are useful. Scouting and player evaluation is by far the most improved area of the game (in that it's been made more difficult and less predictable). Match Engine looks better... but needs work. The "RPG-lite" manager skills feature has added depth and fun to long-term saves.

Archived