Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FM15 Beta - Offsides

Now it may just be me, But has anybody noticed increased amounts of offsides ???

Could possibly me my tactics tbh but just want to see !

I have had in my first 6 Games 60 Offsides ! ( Both Teams ) above average ????

FM15 Beta - Offsides

Now it may just be me, But has anybody noticed increased amounts of offsides ???

Could possibly me my tactics tbh but just want to see !

I have had in my first 6 Games 60 Offsides ! ( Both Teams ) above average ????

5 per game per team? Sounds plausible depending on the strikers/tactics, high for a consistent longer spell but possible for 6 games. Around 2.5 per game per team is the average from a quick google search, so it is high but over a short sample size it's possible.

5 per game per team? Sounds plausible depending on the strikers/tactics, maybe a little high for a consistent longer spell but possible for 6 games at that level.

Fair Enough, I wasn't too sure tbh seems to my team more than the others but if both sides are attacking its plausable i guess same if there defence is switched on and im attacking alot. Just seem to noticed it haha !!!!

- In 3D ball feels to slow or grass is to long:), you get what i mean.

- Tacticscreen, not efficient at all, miss to see the playerroles on the pitch lineup.

- Way to many injuries, constantly 5-8 injuries in my squad and havent touched training yet. Porcelain players in Man Utd?

Overall i like what i see and am sure it will get alot better with a lil polish:)

Regards

5 per game per team? Sounds plausible depending on the strikers/tactics, high for a consistent longer spell but possible for 6 games. Around 2.5 per game per team is the average from a quick google search, so it is high but over a short sample size it's possible.

We are aware that offsides are a little high. If you've played a match where this is particularly evident, a PKM in the Match Engine bugs forum would be very much appreciated: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Early impressions are good. However an existing bug from fm14 still exists - the customisable menus still do not work when you try to add columns. Quite often it takes a lot of patience to get all of the columns to view, and often it proves impossible to show some of them.

Hopefully this will get sorted.

We are aware that offsides are a little high. If you've played a match where this is particularly evident, a PKM in the Match Engine bugs forum would be very much appreciated: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Not just me then !!!

I will keep my eyes out while playing for Match's with high offsides from now on and upload any i find and post it in the relevent forums. What would you class as high for a game ? I am United playing quite attacking ?

Sorry, I'm just going to repeat:

The sidebar is just a space-guzzler. Makes everything cramped and I can't see what's been gained by moving it.

Tactics screen: absolute horrorshow.

+1

Really, really looking for an answer from the SI about the sidebar and especially, tactics screen.

Im sorry if this has been asked before but I couldnt find it in the thread. Will there be any "beta" updates for us to test or will the game be updated after the release? The game feels much better than I anticipated, but the poor keepers and the ridiculous amount of goals is a really sour note making me hesitate going on with my save.

I also agree with a number of previous posters about the tactics screen. Dont mind most of the new stuff but I would at least like the old pitch layout with playerroles etc back.

+1

Really, really looking for an answer from the SI about the sidebar and especially, tactics screen.

The sidebar is there for easier navigation in my opinion. It is all there rather than having to click this tab to find this, and then go a little deeper to find this etc.

The tactics screen has been reported numerous times in this thread and through testing.

My main problem has been players constantly getting annoyed at lack of first team football. I know this will obviously happen, but I'm getting a few players a week coming to me. Managing Cardiff, Cala came to me just before a match after an international break getting annoyed I'd stopped picking him when he'd played the last 2 games! Gunnarsson has come to me about 5 times when I haven't broke promises with him. Also, there's often not what I want to say in the private chats with the players, such as "you're not my first choice but you're needed as cover" which I'm sure you've been able to say before. I've also got defenders unhappy they aren't in the first team and that 2 other defenders aren't in the first team and I can't pick everyone.

@SRL88

In most of the user's opinion, the sidebar has taken a lot of unnecessary space which could have been used for customizable columns. And I can't agree to the easier navigation, since before it was all in one place and now you have menus on the left, then menus at top.

As for the tactics screen, since it has been reported numerous times I was expecting for an answer from the SI, at least make us understand WHY was there the need to change, and whether it will be changed back, or at least try a compromise, or if we should just get used to the screen...

I started with 2d classic, as I played like that for years now (always gave the 3d a chance but didn't quite liked it), but now when it looks kind of terrible, I switched to 3d. And I really like it this year, animations are very good, except for some ice-skating.

But, there is a problem. It lags a little. I don't have a high-end PC, but I have intel i-5 processor, and Gforce GTS 450 graphics card, and other games I play like F12014, PES, NBA don't lag on high settings. I tried to remove crowd, sky, etc. but it doesn't help.

Also, it says that I have 4,5 stars of 3d capability (or what it is there on match preferences). Updated my drivers as well.

• Administrators
Sorry, I'm just going to repeat:

The sidebar is just a space-guzzler. Makes everything cramped and I can't see what's been gained by moving it.

Tactics screen: absolute horrorshow.

CONSTRUCTIVE feedback please.

• Administrators
My main problem has been players constantly getting annoyed at lack of first team football. I know this will obviously happen, but I'm getting a few players a week coming to me. Managing Cardiff, Cala came to me just before a match after an international break getting annoyed I'd stopped picking him when he'd played the last 2 games! Gunnarsson has come to me about 5 times when I haven't broke promises with him. Also, there's often not what I want to say in the private chats with the players, such as "you're not my first choice but you're needed as cover" which I'm sure you've been able to say before. I've also got defenders unhappy they aren't in the first team and that 2 other defenders aren't in the first team and I can't pick everyone.

Please raise the issue here so we can look into it and sort it out - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/422-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

Thanks.

I started with 2d classic, as I played like that for years now (always gave the 3d a chance but didn't quite liked it), but now when it looks kind of terrible, I switched to 3d. And I really like it this year, animations are very good, except for some ice-skating.

But, there is a problem. It lags a little. I don't have a high-end PC, but I have intel i-5 processor, and Gforce GTS 450 graphics card, and other games I play like F12014, PES, NBA don't lag on high settings. I tried to remove crowd, sky, etc. but it doesn't help.

Also, it says that I have 4,5 stars of 3d capability (or what it is there on match preferences). Updated my drivers as well.

Try it on recommended graphical settings (tick box in preferences) and see how it runs..

Bare in mind there is some optimization to be done and this is a beta.

• Administrators

We are aware of some performance issues some users are encountering. What resolution is your machine running in? Have you tried on medium settings? How does it run on medium?

I actually really like the sidebar. The tactics screen is a big step back imo though

Agree , i miss just right clicking to put Player X in GK then Player Y at RB etc also miss the players showing there role, fitness etc on the pitch screen

I have 2 questions please:

1. how do you find your subscriptions?

2. why is there a real lack of international teams you can manage? I've got exact same setup as FM14, with large db, and yet it shows only 5 nations on the job security page, whereas on fm14 there were around 30/40?

All well-documented, well-known issues by now, but I thought I'd share my experiences from the brief spell that I have been playing the beta:-

Firstly, some of the goalkeeping is quite laughable. Seemingly untroublesome shots cause plenty of trouble, some of which go straight through perfectly competent goalkeepers. It's resulted in some incredulous scorelines during pre-season, most recently a game which ended 9-4. I assume this is a consequence of the new goalkeeping animations.

Secondly, the number of longshots which are not only taken but scored is also an annoying issue, but the type of issue I expect a beta to highlight and iron out. My side took 17 longshots in my latest friendly fixture which ended 9-4, with at least 7 of the game's goals coming from longshots. There also seems to be a pattern emerging in where the longshots are taken from; Santi Cazorla took 14 longshots, all but 1 from the exact some horizontal location on the pitch, some 30 yards out, within the width of the goalposts. This may just be a sheer coincidence, but I'll upload a screenshot once Photobucket starts to work again.

Sorry to be a pain but why do opposition instructions disappear ?

This is something I noticed as well. The only argument I can see for it is if your coaching staff don't feel opposition instructions are needed?

@SRL88

In most of the user's opinion, the sidebar has taken a lot of unnecessary space which could have been used for customizable columns. And I can't agree to the easier navigation, since before it was all in one place and now you have menus on the left, then menus at top.

As for the tactics screen, since it has been reported numerous times I was expecting for an answer from the SI, at least make us understand WHY was there the need to change, and whether it will be changed back, or at least try a compromise, or if we should just get used to the screen...

In most users opinion. That doesn't mean all and some find it easier. I would just say give it time. You might get used to it. I have throughout testing so I don't have an issue with it now.

Tactics, I miss the right click button where you can select a player. That has been brought up and what ever else is brought up SI will look in to and will take everything constructive that users post on board.

Hi there,

Here are my remarks :

- I do not understand why FM went back to a side bar because it take to much place, everything looks smaller and I just don't like it like many people here.

- I was trying to find the transfer page where I can click on tabs like defender, striker, free transfer, loan but could not find it. I ask on a french forum and they told me it was in the "observe" windows and I found it but its damn hard to find what you want. It was all better and simplest on Fm14, why change something that works?

- The 3d engin is okay, I just have on complain it is that I hardly see the ball. I played on match where the pitch was half in the sun and half in the shadow, I coul not see the ball 3/4 of the time!

- The transfers are just unrealistic, why cannot we sell our players and why just because I am chelsea, club will directly ask me for 60M + for any player?

I always loved Fm and even when people were complaining about fm13 or 14, I wasnt but fm15 is juste a very big disapointment...

Not just me then !!!

I will keep my eyes out while playing for Match's with high offsides from now on and upload any i find and post it in the relevent forums. What would you class as high for a game ? I am United playing quite attacking ?

It average out at roughly 2.5 offsides per team per match. Obviously individual matches may go higher or lower than this, but anything very much higher would be an issue.

I forgot the tactics screen. I like the fact that you can choose player just for that position. it does help. But you can't right click? You cannot do anything on the green pitch? Whereas on 14, thats were you would choose playing role etc...

Something brought up already. The vast majority of us mentioned that we missed this so it could be something which might change.

• Administrators
Player search - filtering out unrealistic players doesn't seem to work unless javier mascherano wants to come to Wrexham? It doesnt seem to make a difference when I select between filters.

Please raise the issue in our bugs forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/425-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

Thanks.

Would there be a way to minimize the side bar so it just showed the icons and opened up when you hovered? I dont mind the sidebar, it just takes up a little to much room for my taste. Also, while I do like the little fitness circles on the player icons on the tactic screen, I wish they werent everywhere that already had the fitness percentage number, if my players fitness is being shown at 94% fit, I really dont need a little circle next to that saying the same thing in a more ambiguous way.

I have 2 questions please:

1. how do you find your subscriptions?

2. why is there a real lack of international teams you can manage? I've got exact same setup as FM14, with large db, and yet it shows only 5 nations on the job security page, whereas on fm14 there were around 30/40?

Could anyone help on this plz?

In most users opinion. That doesn't mean all and some find it easier. I would just say give it time. You might get used to it. I have throughout testing so I don't have an issue with it now.

Tactics, I miss the right click button where you can select a player. That has been brought up and what ever else is brought up SI will look in to and will take everything constructive that users post on board.

Thanks mate, I didn't mean to sound destructive with my comments. I was just looking for a proper answer to a couple of questions...

I can get used to the left menu, but here are some questions: is there any possibility to hide this - or minimise to show icons instead, with a tooltip on mouseover? Or perhaps change this aspect from preferences?

Tactics, why was the screen changed from FM14? Will there be any efforts to un-change this? Are there any efforts towards a "compromise" solution? Will it remain that way?

Does the above seem destructive comments?

I'm playing as Leeds and It's the 12th September 2014 and I've already had 10 players out injured. Mirko Antenucci pulled his hamstring in a pre season game and was out for three weeks, came back into training and two days later got a back strain and was out for four weeks and now he's come back into training again only to be out for another 2 weeks with a virus, absolute joke.

Would there be a way to minimize the side bar so it just showed the icons and opened up when you hovered? I dont mind the sidebar, it just takes up a little to much room for my taste. Also, while I do like the little fitness circles on the player icons on the tactic screen, I wish they werent everywhere that already had the fitness percentage number, if my players fitness is being shown at 94% fit, I really dont need a little circle next to that saying the same thing in a more ambiguous way.
Thanks mate, I didn't mean to sound destructive with my comments. I was just looking for a proper answer to a couple of questions...

I can get used to the left menu, but here are some questions: is there any possibility to hide this - or minimise to show icons instead, with a tooltip on mouseover? Or perhaps change this aspect from preferences?

Tactics, why was the screen changed from FM14? Will there be any efforts to un-change this? Are there any efforts towards a "compromise" solution? Will it remain that way?

Does the above seem destructive comments?

I haven't looked on the preferences regarding the side bar, but is there nothing there? I'm sure I saw in the preview video with Miles that there were just the images and not the talking so maybe there is a way to minimise it? Either that or if you change your screen resolution.

As for tactics, I personally hope there is some change and goes a little bit back towards how it was in FM14 with regards to the right click and player roles on the pitch, but time will tell.

I'm playing as Leeds and It's the 12th September 2014 and I've already had 10 players out injured. Mirko Antenucci pulled his hamstring in a pre season game and was out for three weeks, came back into training and two days later got a back strain and was out for four weeks and now he's come back into training again only to be out for another 2 weeks with a virus, absolute joke.

Hi Elliott, as mentioned previously, our injury levels are actually slightly lower than real life levels. This is either bad luck or the result of a harsh training regime. Is Antenucci injury prone perhaps?

Are your players up to scratch fitness wise etc? Are they being overworked in training?

I've scored 12 goals and conceded 7 in my first 3 games, kind of crazy

Just look at Liverpool both last and this season :D.

I haven't looked on the preferences regarding the side bar, but is there nothing there? I'm sure I saw in the preview video with Miles that there were just the images and not the talking so maybe there is a way to minimise it? Either that or if you change your screen resolution.

As for tactics, I personally hope there is some change and goes a little bit back towards how it was in FM14 with regards to the right click and player roles on the pitch, but time will tell.

I think the majority of comments on the sidebar are requesting that it is an option to minimise it in the preferences - at the moment it is automatically decided based on resolution. I have no problem with icons on the side instead of top, but could do without the massive box. I don't have that choice.

Archived