Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

I can't transfer Wage Budget to Transfer Budget. Is there a problem or it is a normal situation on FM15?

Team Finance Balance is over 30 MN Euro. I have 40 MN Euro(yearly) difference between given Wage Budget and real(spent) Wage Budget. I am at January 2015 in game now and still I can't change budgets!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it looks great. ME is in far better condition then it usually is at this stage. Should be unreal after few more patches.

I also don't mind the UI except for the tactics screen.

I think it was far better when you could just click on the players Postion and assign and see roles instead of looking over to the left.

It's more inconvenient and leaves you checking back and forth a bit more now.

That's not correct, the team that finished 4th, should have be placed in the Euro Cup. Can you raise this in the bugs forum, cheers.

In response to this. If this is to be found to be a bug, it would be a data update, therefore a new save would be needed for the bug to be fixed? Is that correct?

Thanks guys

• Administrators
I can't transfer Wage Budget to Transfer Budget. Is there a problem or it is a normal situation on FM15?

Team Finance Balance is over 30 MN Euro. I have 40 MN Euro(yearly) difference between given Wage Budget and real(spent) Wage Budget. I am at January 2015 in game now and still I can't change budgets!

When was the last time you changed the budget?

When I get a chance this evening, I'll try to sit down and write a long post detailing what I find cumbersome and unintuitive about the new Tactics screen, complete with screenshots, so there aren't just posts saying "omg terrible."

I think most other UI changes I'm broadly happy with, except for ones that are hangovers from previous versions that haven't been fixed (like how clunky custom views are; at the moment there's even a bug where going into a player's profile on the squad screen and back plays havoc with your custom view).

Hi SI & Fellow FMers,

Wish to get some confirmation here. Could someone double confirm for me if there are any camera-man/photographer lying around during match days.

I've been watching matches in the English Premier League and currently playing with Barca in Spanish League. So far, i've failed to see any camera-man/photographer. I am happy with current situation as i find that the camera-man/photographer a distraction because i'm watching in 3d on Zoomed Vertical Scrolling camera angle.

Thanks in advance.

Apologies for the late reply. The cameramen are still there, but they're only visible in certain stadia.

I'm having a lot of problems with long passes

I'm playing with Arsenal and every time my full backs have the ball they try a long pass to Giroud, EVERY TIME, even though they have short passing instructions

It's the only problem with the ME so far for me. (but it's a big one)

I'll try to play without a target man to see if it's "fixed"

I've only played for a couple of hours last night, but something happened which was quite unrealistic.

Literally within the week of starting the save, playing with Villarreal, Musacchio, Trigueros have asked for a transfer request.

Basically, the best three players in the team want to leave within a week of the season starting. For two of them, they've been here for ages.

The kicker is that they want to play Champions League football. A year ago we were relegated, now they want Champions League. All three of them.

Come on now.

May be a stupid question but will you be updating the Beta as the days go by ? Or will all issues only be patched for general release ?

Yet to find any issues that haven't already been reported. Enjoying the game as a whole.

AEJ it is likely to be because you're using that Role; your players prioritise passes to him so this will result in long passes from the back (though Mentality and other tactical instructions could be factors).

The Target Man role is really "broken"

It forces the team to use long passes all the time

Changing Giroud to Advanced Foward fixed the problem, but they really should take a look at this for the final game

One more thing to add. Manny Smith for Wrexham's stats just don't reflect how he plays in real life, he has just come down from league one and is by far our best player. He should be at least a leading league 2 player with good championship potential

That's just an opinion that differs from the Wrexham researcher's. It's not a game problem.

The Target Man role is really "broken"

It forces the team to use long passes all the time

Changing Giroud to Advanced Foward fixed the problem, but they really should take a look at this for the final game

Is this not the point of a Target Man? They will seek him out with their passes!

Hey SI,

Been playing around with the beta for a few hours and one issue really springs to mind. I am running the beta on a laptop with a touch screen. FM14 had no issues with touch screen displays but I'm finding using the touch screen to be extremely unresponsive to 'clicking'. Is this something you could have a look at? Again, i am having no issues with FM14 so it should be able to work.

Thank you for all the good and hard work!

Is this not the point of a Target Man? They will seek him out with their passes!

Every time Gibbs had the ball he launched a long pass. EVERY TIME

Every time Giroud headed to the oposition goalkeeper. EVERY TIME

It never happened in any other FM. If you use the long pass with a Target Man 60% or even 70% of the time you have a tatical option, but 100% you have a bug

In my opinion of course. If they feel it's right I'll just never use the Targe Man role

Bit confused RE the gripes people are having over team selection issues with the tactics screen.

Why not use the squad screen for team selection? That's what it's for. The tactics screen is for tactics, not selection...

I think it's great, personally. My only gripe is that it's slightly awkward for substitutions, but that's just because it looks/feels different to last year and I'm not used to it, I think.

It never happened in any other FM. If you use the long pass with a Target Man 60% or even 70% of the time you have a tatical option, but 100% you have a bug

In my opinion of course. If they feel it's right I'll just never use the Targe Man role

The style with which they find your Target Man is dependant on your style of passing. The more direct your play, the more direct the passes into your TM. Could it be that you are playing quite a fast-paced, attacking style of play? If not, then please feel free to report this as a bug here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Bit confused RE the gripes people are having over team selection issues with the tactics screen.

Why not use the squad screen for team selection? That's what it's for. The tactics screen is for tactics, not selection...

I think it's great, personally. My only gripe is that it's slightly awkward for substitutions, but that's just because it looks/feels different to last year and I'm not used to it, I think.

Here's an example: on match day, you are taken into the match preview panels and thus includes, tactic screen. Now let's say you figure out that your opponents are playing with a Target Man who's got 2.10m height and you have a central defender of 1.75. You decide you're going to switch that with the other defender who's got 1.95 and has a higher jumping attribute. What do you do then, you go back to the squad screen? And this is just one of many, many examples...

Progression, loading of news items and such (using the space bar to progress through) seems to take an incredibly long time for me. Like, significantly.

Looked at task manager and I have plenty of RAM and CPU usage available (around 50% of a quad-core CPU, about 10GB RAM left)

Also have a 6970 GPU but the matches seem to play smooth so I'm not sure what the delay is being caused by

The style with which they find your Target Man is dependant on your style of passing. The more direct your play, the more direct the passes into your TM. Could it be that you are playing quite a fast-paced, attacking style of play? If not, then please feel free to report this as a bug here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

No. I instruct the team to play a slowed paced game with short passing. The moment I put Giroud as an Advanced Foward the team started to play the way I wanted

I already made a thread about it :)http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/400722-Too-many-long-balls

If you desagree no problem, just trying to help :)

But besides that, things are looking good for me

I've had the same. Both full backs do the same regardless if it's Giroud as an AF, or Welbeck or Sanchez. The full backs seem to have come down with whatever disease it is that Stevie "Hollywood pass" G has.

I've had the same. Both full backs do the same regardless if it's Giroud as an AF, or Welbeck or Sanchez. The full backs seem to have come down with whatever disease it is that Stevie "Hollywood pass" G has.

Even if you played an Advanced Foward? Wow

For me playing with an AF solved the problem

I think part of the problem with the goalkeepers is how they long they take to react after parrying a shot. They seem to be stunned into unconsciousness for a couple of seconds after each save.

Reaction times of 'keepers is something that SI is working on. Examples of where GKs could react faster will always be appreciated.

I really like how the tactics actually say what line up you are playing, in the past it seemed I was playing a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 when I was not really.

The tactic I am using now is quite the mouthful ... 5-1-1-1-2 DM WB Asymmetric AM©.

In the past it would have just said 5-3-2, or maybe 3-5-2. :)

My defenders constantly fire long balls out of the backline despite me having it on Control with Retain Possession. I'm not complaining because the AI is helpless against my AML and AMR crossing to the back post, but it's not helping the wacky scorelines.

Are you using a Target Man? What Roles do your defenders have? What level are you playing at?

When there's a loose ball it seems as if you're player stops sprinting towards the ball and starts jogging which allows the defender to get back

Please upload any examples of that to the Match Engine section of the Bugs forum.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399623

Tactics screen is the worst in last 5 FMs.

1.) I can't choose my subs. Forum thread

2.) In FM14 when creating a new tactic a new window poped up and you could set everything there. Now you can only choose formation and than assign roles from main tactics screen.

3.) In FM14 when you right-clicked on a square in front of players name it was shortcut, and he was selected for a next free position. Now you have to drag and drop every single player and it's really anoying.

• Administrators
I've only played for a couple of hours last night, but something happened which was quite unrealistic.

Literally within the week of starting the save, playing with Villarreal, Musacchio, Trigueros have asked for a transfer request.

Basically, the best three players in the team want to leave within a week of the season starting. For two of them, they've been here for ages.

The kicker is that they want to play Champions League football. A year ago we were relegated, now they want Champions League. All three of them.

Come on now.

Can you please raise this here for me so we can look into it? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/422-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

Thanks.

Because that is a retrograde step and the squad screen doesn't give a visual indication of whats going on.

Here's an example: on match day, you are taken into the match preview panels and thus includes, tactic screen. Now let's say you figure out that your opponents are playing with a Target Man who's got 2.10m height and you have a central defender of 1.75. You decide you're going to switch that with the other defender who's got 1.95 and has a higher jumping attribute. What do you do then, you go back to the squad screen? And this is just one of many, many examples...

Well yeah. That's what I've always done. I've never found it that useful to stay in the tactics screen for any selection work - there's just not enough room for all the data I want to be able to see.

However, I suppose a simple solution would be to make the tactical pitch graphic collapsible.

I don't have the subs listed on the right hand side. Why is this? It's really difficult to add subs without it.

Tactics_Overview_Overview.png

Thanks for the help in advance.

Is it because you have added columns to the player selection/information and the subs row on the right hand side has disappeared off screen to the right?

Im not in the game at the moment, so I cant grab a screenshot.

However, is there a reason that the widgets on screen down to the timeline bar? I like to have 4 widgets on the screen (match stats, team performance, team body language and team ratings) which fit nicely in a line at the bottom. They dont go down to the bottom though so it covers up half of the pop-up when something occurs. (goal, offside etc), which is rather annoying.

Whilst Im on the subject, I would stack them on top of each other in the bottom left hand corner (ie going upwards), which works great for the match your in, but when you leave the match screen and enter a new match, the widgets automatically stack down so they are all ontop of each other. Is there a way to stop this?

If you cant understand what I mean Ill boot up the game and get some ss's

Archived