Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Im having problems on my PC (i5/GTX780) with the game crashing sometimes when I change the size of the screen while in windowed mode. Have only played the 15.0.2-version on it so i cant say if it has to do with the latest update...

Please raise the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

Few things:

ME:

- too many long shots or unnecessary long shots

- one on ones needs major improvements, far too often players are through and they just shoot

- crossing from fullbacks leading to goals or hitting the woodwork

- Gk needs improvement, too many rebounds

- long passes seems to be legit , dunno whether thats good or bad

- first touch needs a bit of improvement too

- fullbacks positioning still a problem

I'm 14 games through the season, only English league activated. I'm playing in the lower leagues and the only weird thing I'd noticed until now is the number of goals in some games. I had one that ended 7-6 and I've scored roughly 45 goals already this season. I gather this is a known issue.

But a weird thing just happened that I noticed - Mateo Musacchio, who Man Utd signed at the start of the season for 12.25mil, just moved to Arsenal on a free transfer in October... he only played two games for Utd. This doesn't make much sense!!

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but on a few occasions I have had demands for first team football from players that have been unavailable to pick due to injuries.

Michael Carrick - out for 2 months, comes back to full training and wants a meeting to discuss lack of first team football.

Same with Falcao.

Don't agree on the people that complain about 1o1, atleast in my save they miss/score in a realistic ratio. Also unlike in FM14 my players actually lay the ball off to players in a better position.

For me the 1 on 1 look to be spot on, they score more than they miss, sometimes I wish they would take an extra touch when 1 on 1 but this is also true in real life sometimes.

Are you taking precautions with them? Obviously you're not meant to play a player for 90 minutes in every pre-season game. The lower their 'Condition' is, the more likely they are too get injured.

yes , i rotated the squad during pre season

Probably another well-documented issue with the match engine, but I've noticed that a high proportion of back passes are lofted passes for absolutely no reason whatsoever. For example, Per Mertesacker has a clear passing line to my goalkeeper about 30-yards away, but he still lifts the ball about 20-yards. It doesn't really affect the game as much, it just looks entirely stupid and needless.

So, SI wanted some "CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK" about the Tactics screen. Here's what I've got:

1. The hierarchical flow of menus is disconnected from what they affect.

The key menus on the Tactics screen ("Tactic", "Mentality", "Team Shape", and "Team Instructions") are correctly placed according to SI's new UI hierarchy (which works well on other screens), but in this case the thing they principally affect -- the tactics board -- is on the other side of the screen from them.

On just about all the other screens in the game, buttons in this region either produce a new screen or make visible changes to things on the current screen. The menus here are as vital as anything in the game, but they produce no obvious effect and are severed from the one visual element they affect.

Established players have to accept and adapt to this severance. New users have it worse: they have to learn that these menus don't behave like any others, and that they bear on things that aren't obvious. All of the information needed to learn and internalize this is found elsewhere.

The hierarchy itself doesn't even make perfect sense: "Player" at the very top is prior to the "Tactic" in the hierarchy, yet it is affected by the latter. The menus are thus counter-intuitive for choosing a tactic and then choosing an individual's role in that tactic. Clicking on a player on the tactics board produces individual instructions, but I only learned this through a tooltip because it's different to what clicking on a player or their name does everywhere else in the videogame.

2. Elements are disconnected in general.

First, I like the idea of Familiarity for the current tactic being clumped with the Match Training Focus in the top right, except that the Familiarity of the current tactic is on the opposite side of the screen from the element that tells us what the current tactic is.

Second, if the idea was to have a section that made the Tactics relevant to the next match, why is the Next Match box shoehorned into the bottom right of the screen, away from the thing you use to change your priorities for the next match?

Third, the Position/Role/Duty chart is on the other side of the screen from their representation on the tactics board. So not only do users have to do a cognitive leap to associate the icons with the words, but they have to look back and forth across the screen to do it. It took me quite a while to realize that the colours of the chart correspond to the colours on the board, because it's not an intuitive discovery given how far apart the elements are.

3. Some elements are needlessly cluttered.

The written names of positions and roles on the left are a mess. That may not sound constructive, but I think this box is clearly more bloated than almost anything else represented in the game, to the point of being difficult to read. It's a lot of information to pack into a small space, which is why these things were previously represented by abbreviations and acronyms. That was kind of impenetrable semantically, but so are many of the positions and roles when written out, especially to novices and especially given the game's lack of documentation.

Worse, shoehorning them in here monopolizes space. Look at how much dead space there is below for the substitutes and unpicked players.

4. Information is needlessly repeated.

The new icons for suitability are not particularly useful at a glance (not to mention putting one green-shaded thing within another green-shaded thing makes small distinctions harder to read, and a star shape is harder to read than a circle; try figuring out the difference between a player in a Natural position and another in an Accomplished position at a glance). To add insult to injury, they appear in two places: both on the tactics board and beside the players' names.

I assume the reason for this is to match up better with the position roles as written out to the left, but that's a very inelegant solution to that problem. It's basically acknowledging the disconnect between players and the depiction of their position and role on the tactics board. Speaking of which, the positions as written out on the left is sort of a needless repetition of information that could be folded into the board itself. See 5, below.

5. The tactics board tells you very little at a glance.

It used to tell you players' position, role, and suitability. Now it doesn't tell you the first two in any way that's intuitive or detailed, and it really only gives you the third usefully with a mouse highlight. That's a significant step backward. Instead that information has been pulled out and dumped on the left, where it's disconnected from what it describes (see 2, above) and cluttered to boot (see 3, above). That information used to be neatly folded into the tactics board, freeing space for other elements to breathe or relate to one another more appropriately. Instead the user encounters two things (in two different places) that are failing to usefully do the job of one thing.

Apologies if any of this is confusing or riddled with errors or needs further elaboration. I should add that by default there is a huge gulf of unused estate in the middle of the screen at high resolutions. And isn't 1080p sort of standard these days?

top by 2 points in January, held a team meeting and said if we continue playng like we have that half of the season then we should win the league, everyone disagrees... although we did just lose to a smaller team in the FA cup so maybe bad timing on my part? :D

1. Where can i find old teamtalk reactions from players? I won last game 3-1 and i want to see the reactions of the players pre match, half time and full time, but i cant find the menubar ... where is it?

2. I have asked before, but when i click on a player for example Lloris and choose development i cant find the option to tutor him with a youngster. I dont understand where this option is hiding?

The biggest problem is the game is far too addictive again, not had this for many years.

2;30am here and I should have been in bed hours ago, the wife will never get me to finish the painting at this rate.

Can someone link me the sub-forum for the disgruntled wife?

To add to the poor goalkeeping - they fumble too much, usually to the opposition.

The ball could do with being a bit more "solid" looking - coloured in so to speak? I play with a faster speed and I've actually lost sight of the ball before, never have on a previous FM.

So, SI wanted some "CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK" about the Tactics screen. Here's what I've got:

[snip]

All of this, basically. What people have been saying for ten pages condensed and well argued. A bit surprised that no one raised these points during development.

If present you should see them just in front of the advertising hoardings, towards the corners of the pitch.

Thanks, Sir.

My only hope is that the size, positioning and sighting of the camera-man/photographer is not too jarring that will affect my viewing pleasure, especially so when i'm watching my matches on 3d Zoomed Vertical Scrolling angle.

All of this, basically. What people have been saying for ten pages condensed and well argued. A bit surprised that no one raised these points during development.

It is much better for SI staff to read something a bit more in depth and constructive rather than people just barking out 'this or that is ****' which is 85% of the posts in GD.

I'm not liking the user interface so far, granted i will get use to it but why on earth would they change so much ?

I also don't like the fact that on team selection the subs are gone from a side panel and worst of all , removing the star rating of players playing a certain position and role. So for example if i played Messi as an AMR he would have a 4 star rating playing as an inside forward and a 3.5 playing as a winger. I hope they bring this back.

In terms of what i like, I'm liking the match engine and the look of the game play, It's lagging a bit during matches which never occurred during FM14 but I'm sure this will go once the full version is released.

1. Where can i find old teamtalk reactions from players? I won last game 3-1 and i want to see the reactions of the players pre match, half time and full time, but i cant find the menubar ... where is it?

2. I have asked before, but when i click on a player for example Lloris and choose development i cant find the option to tutor him with a youngster. I dont understand where this option is hiding?

Teamtalk reactions to the last match are on your assistant managers overview page under 'Reports'. I don't know if it's possible to see older ones than that.

For the second one you need to choose development on the youngster and it will show you suitable tutors.

Tactics > Analysis > Team Talk Feedback

Another person here agreeing with this man 100% on the tactic screen. It's really a step back from last year's version, which was working fine.

Hello,

Can someone help me?

In tactic screen, I can't see a lot of Role and Duty like Roaming Playmaker, Shadow striker, Raumdeuter and etc.

Is this a bug?

Now I see... It's invisible to me, but I can set. Very Strange.

It is much better for SI staff to read something a bit more in depth and constructive rather than people just barking out 'this or that is ****' which is 85% of the posts in GD.

Of course. I'm just surprised this kind of pretty basic user experience design work isn't being done in-house. I remember a few years back when one of the forum users made a mockup of interface elements, and sure enough, most of the innovations in the past few FMs have come from that document.

Archived