Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this has been mentioned but just had this issue:

Jan Vertonghen tells me he wants a move to Barca for CL football. After a bit of back and forth I reluctantly say ok if they meet your value. They don't even bid. Only team to bid are Man Utd (who don't have CL football) I reject it. Day after deadline Vertonghen is sulking (possibly his default mode anyway) and the rest of the team are unhappy at my treatment of him and I'm forced to hold a team meeting to discuss the issues. I've kind of rescued their morale a bit but its annoying that things have gone this way. If Barca had come in I'd have let him go no problem.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but just had this issue:

Jan Vertonghen tells me he wants a move to Barca for CL football. After a bit of back and forth I reluctantly say ok if they meet your value. They don't even bid. Only team to bid are Man Utd (who don't have CL football) I reject it. Day after deadline Vertonghen is sulking (possibly his default mode anyway) and the rest of the team are unhappy at my treatment of him and I'm forced to hold a team meeting to discuss the issues. I've kind of rescued their morale a bit but its annoying that things have gone this way. If Barca had come in I'd have let him go no problem.

Did you off him to other clubs? Or did you just wait and see who bid for him? Overall I guess it's not that unrealistic, Barca love screwing over English clubs :p

I ask again. Since many of you still are online. Please help. Why and how do i get rid of the black boxes in the tactics and around club logos.

T0xVNTZB.jpeg

Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card? Have you tried to verify the game cache? Have you added graphics to the game?

Did you off him to other clubs? Or did you just wait and see who bid for him? Overall I guess it's not that unrealistic, Barca love screwing over English clubs :p

I didn't offer him. They were 'interested' so I figured they'd bid.

I didn't want to sell but would have to them.

I'm not bothered they didn't bid, I'm annoyed that him & the team think I didn't deliver on my promise. That's nonsense. I said I'd let him talk to Barca if they bid. They didn't. Therefore not my fault and no one should be upset.

• Administrators
I ask again. Since many of you still are online. Please help. Why and how do i get rid of the black boxes in the tactics and around club logos.

T0xVNTZB.jpeg

Are you trying to run any custom graphics/logos etc? Have you tried reverifying your cache? Details here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#verify-cache

Best fm for years, mostly polished and a fantastic game. Obviously polish needed in some areas though:

Played 1.5 seasons with Swindon. Promoted in second first year with a international experience tactical manager. Broke league 1 scoring record (120 goals I think) playing a 1 striker formation training defensive positioning all year (also conceded ridiculous number of goals!)

Loving the new ME, a few tweaks to the goals scored and I think it is just the number of mistakes and poor goalkeeping and it's nearly there!

I know these are known issues so gives me great hope for the full release. First impressions are that i'm finding it easy because i created an op international manager at low level, making it easier to negociate and manage players. A great new dynamic.

My opinion is get the goals sorted then give yourselves a pat on the back.

Good job - also new ui is great!

I seem to always have between 5-8 players who are unhappy with high training workload even though I have them on medium training and the team has no training before and after matches. November has just started so it's not deep into the campaign yet. They just aren't happy no matter what I do.

I'm East Fife in Scottish 2nd Div.

I have 3 coaches and myself handling training.

I've quit trying to set up their individual training myself and have started asking my assman for help with it all, first time for that ever.

Edit: Just noticed something.

In the Training>Individual their intensity is all average.

When I go into their profile > developement> training some are average intensity but some are on heavy, even though it says otherwise in the training.

However, moving them down from heavy to light keeps them on heavy workload even though all they may be working on is Marking or something. This is true of a player with determination of 13 and such.. one of my harder workers on the team.

• Administrators
I seem to always have between 5-8 players who are unhappy with high training workload even though I have them on medium training and the team has no training before and after matches. November has just started so it's not deep into the campaign yet. They just aren't happy no matter what I do.

I'm East Fife in Scottish 2nd Div.

I have 3 coaches and myself handling training.

I've quit trying to set up their individual training myself and have started asking my assman for help with it all, first time for that ever.

Do any of those players have individual training as well? Some players will be more unprofessional so simply won't really like training unless it's really easy. Obviously doing that will be to the detriment of everyone else!

I have no options to tutoring!! Is it because i choosed tactical manager i cant give players tutoring?

No it isn't because of that. Are you looking in the player's profile under Development-->Training? At the bottom right there should be 3 options.

Do any of those players have individual training as well? Some players will be more unprofessional so simply won't really like training unless it's really easy. Obviously doing that will be to the detriment of everyone else!

Edit too late!

In the Training>Individual their intensity is all average.

When I go into their profile > developement> training some are average intensity but some are on heavy, even though it says otherwise in the training.

However, moving them down from heavy to light keeps them on heavy workload even though all they may be working on is Marking or something. This is true of a player with determination of 13 and such.. one of my harder workers on the team.

Hey Neil. I think the topic posted within this post deserves a own topic and I don't like the tone of the posts Kriss is posting. We are here to help and I have raised issues and uploaded PKM's to SI's FTP Server. I am not expecting to get that sort of reactions from an grumpy moderator who thinks he is Jesus of Nazareth himself.

I think a topic would be much clearer and easier to discuss about it because in this topic a lot of people will raise a lot of things at the same time. So could you please reopen the topic?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/401162-Better-ME-but-to-exploitable-Article?p=9916359#post9916359

didn't feel the new game on the first day of release but when logged on yesterday I found really liked the new interface, everything seems tidy and in a useful and logical place. The last version i played was 2013, after an hour of playing the text would hurt my eyes and make them tired, with this version I find it very comfortable to read so it works very well. Havent played enough games on ME yet to pass judgement.

One thing i'm not enjoying is the player stats which show as a range, when players not scouted, ie 12-15, its a nice idea but clutters up any information i may know, may get used to this in time but difficult to judge a player at a glance and would rather no stats as before. Ofc there is an argument that a manager should have to thoroughly scout a player to have knowledge of them.

Hey Neil. I think the topic posted within this post deserves a own topic and I don't like the tone of the posts Kriss is posting. We are here to help and I have raised issues and uploaded PKM's to SI's FTP Server. I am not expecting to get that sort of reactions from an grumpy moderator who thinks he is Jesus of Nazareth himself.

I think a topic would be much clearer and easier to discuss about it because in this topic a lot of people will raise a lot of things at the same time. So could you please reopen the topic?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/401162-Better-ME-but-to-exploitable-Article?p=9916359#post9916359

If the ME is still the same at launch then yes, you are right it would deserve it's own topic. But this is the Beta, hence why they want all the feedback in one thread so it's easier for them to find and doesn't clutter up the forums.

I have no options to tutoring!! Is it because i choosed tactical manager i cant give players tutoring?

Open the player's profile.

Select Development from the menu at the top, then select training.

At the bottom right corner is a list of available tutors. If there are none, then there should be an explanation as to why he can't be tutored.

F.x. This player is too young to offer tutoring, this player is on loan and can't be tutored.

This panel works both ways. So if you open this page for an older player, you can see a list of potential young players he can tutor.

Young player:

Tutoring.PNG

Old player:

Tutoring2.PNG

didn't feel the new game on the first day of release but when logged on yesterday I found really liked the new interface, everything seems tidy and in a useful and logical place. The last version i played was 2013, after an hour of playing the text would hurt my eyes and make them tired, with this version I find it very comfortable to read so it works very well. Havent played enough games on ME yet to pass judgement.

One thing i'm not enjoying is the player stats which show as a range, when players not scouted, ie 12-15, its a nice idea but clutters up any information i may know, may get used to this in time but difficult to judge a player at a glance and would rather no stats as before. Ofc there is an argument that a manager should have to thoroughly scout a player to have knowledge of them.

If you turn off player attribute masking when you start a new game, then I believe the ranged numbers no longer appear. You'll get to see the all their actual attributes just like you used to do.

Many people using the new attribute masking system? Just wondering what everyone's experience with it is?

I like it very much. It takes some time to get used to it as there are more numbers on the screen though. But it's harder now to get really good players, you have to scout them longer and you can't do this with every one. Sometimes i just bought/signed players without knowing all of there attributes and some of them turned out to be not that good as i hoped. So definitly more risk involved in buying players you don't know well.

After reading all these posts I'm definitely waiting until March. Why does the game always play so bad out of the box

Huh??? This is about the most positive feedback I have seen after beta release in years. If they tweak a couple of things before the full release, this will be a very good game.

To expand a bit of feedback on the tutoring panel:

Now I never played much of FM14 so I am unsure if this is a new panel or not. But since you can really screw up a youngster with the wrong tutor-pairing, I think it would be nicer if the panel had some actual relevant information about the people shown. Things like Determination score, Personality and Media Handling Style.

Tutoring.PNG

Here I just have some heads to look at, but I have no information to help me decide whether to choose Walsh, Gallinagh or Simpson as this player's tutor. I then have to go to each older player's profile to find the relevant information. The same of course goes when I am looking at potential tutees.

Instead it could be shown like this:

Phil Walsh:

Determination: 11

Personality: Balanced

Media Handling style: Media-Friendly

[Request Tutoring]

I don't really need to see his face, and I have all the relevant information (unless something about tutoring has been changed) to decide which tutor to use.

Edit: Also how does the game decide which three players are the most suitable tutors? ... and what is the minimum age of a tutor? ... I have three 25 year olds who are too young, but one 25 year old who can tutor.

Also can player coaches not tutor? .... My player-coach just has 'No suitable tutees' on his development page. But there is a 17 year old playing same position as him. It doesn't seem to matter what squad status I give the coach.

After reading all these posts I'm definitely waiting until March. Why does the game always play so bad out of the box

I won't judge to soon on a beta that is out for two days... So you don't even know how it plays out of the box. I was expecting much worse from a beta tbh.

Anyone else think that commentary bar in matches is too small and everything else is too big in proportion? Struggling to read the commentary as I have the game of full speed but it wasn't a problem in other versions. Would like it a tad bigger

The player power is ridiculous imo & needs somewhat toning down. Why on earth would my players want one of the best players to leave the club is beyond me & doesn't make any sense.

This is something that's continually looked at. Do you have any good examples for the guys in the Bugs Forum? You'll need to have a save from just before they become unhappy so that SI can re-produce the problem.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I'm having a problem with the tactic screen and the order that my squad is listed. I like to have the players selected in the first team at the top and then the rest of the squad listed in position order - eg GK first and ST last.

Usually I could hold down ALT and click the column to have it as a "Second sort" however when I do this on FM15 it doesn't change the order.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or is this a bug?

Open the player's profile.

Select Development from the menu at the top, then select training.

At the bottom right corner is a list of available tutors. If there are none, then there should be an explanation as to why he can't be tutored.

F.x. This player is too young to offer tutoring, this player is on loan and can't be tutored.

This panel works both ways. So if you open this page for an older player, you can see a list of potential young players he can tutor.

Young player:

Tutoring.PNG

Old player:

Tutoring2.PNG

THANK YOU :) It was in the bottom of the page :)

Made my day ;)

• Administrators

Sorry but we've been quite clear to keep all feedback in this thread. If link in the first post of that thread goes to a dead link so I can't actually read what you were linking to. If you think there's a bug in regards to the ME being exploitable, please raise it on our match engine bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

• Administrators
The player power is ridiculous imo & needs somewhat toning down. Why on earth would my players want one of the best players to leave the club is beyond me & doesn't make any sense.

Go speak to the Newcastle players about Hatem Ben Arfa ;)

Why not play the beta and see for yourself. Most people wont even notice the niggles and just get excited relying on the opinions of others. In fairness its not even been launched yet, wait until Nov 7th

Can I ask I haven't played the FM15 Beta but is the ME a notable improvement over FM14? More specifically:

1. Do you see more goals from long shots?

2. Are their more curling shots?

3. Do wingers score more goals from cutting inside?

4. Are there more goals from direct free kicks?

5. Are strikers' finishing and decision making in front of goal better than FM14?

6. Can full backs more effectively block crosses and tackle?

7. Can you instruct your centre backs to split?

8. Can you instruct your full backs to hug the touchline?

9. Do players come short to the ball more often?

10. Will players keep the ball in play unnecessarily when it's going out?

11. Do wingers take on full backs 1 vs 1 in tight spaces more often (like Neymar and Hazard) and not just on the run.

12. Ultimately is there a greater variety of goals?

Thanks

Archived