Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only bugs that I have run into is that their preferred playing style isn't shown. Other than that, I have no problems so far. However, I can't find the search feature like in Football Manager 2014. It seems to be more of a hassle now.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/400274-The-Official-How-Do-I-Find-What-Does-this-mean-Thread

Should be of use..

No, I'm on the full version now. It's not clear at all, when you go to quick subs, it doesn't even show the positions of the players on the bench, I'll get a screenie in a mo...

MRkv3tp.png

Unless you either know the player, or click on them (or at least hover over the 'i' button), you have no idea just from looking at that what positions your subs are - unless I'm missing something really obvious here). Not only that, but there's no quick way to find out how suitable they are for the role you're going to sub them into.

I was about to post something for Dagenham_Dave but I see he is having a timeout.

Anyway, looking at his screenshot is it maybe possible he is running the game with his text set to zoomed in 125% and that is why it is cutting off the positions of his subs?

I just did a check on this and it seems when running the game with text zoom in 125% it does cut off the substitutes position, something for SI to look at. ;)

• Administrators
I'm loving it so far not really a fan of the skin though

Any particular reason why? We always appreciate constructive feedback. Personally I wasn't a huge fan when I first saw it, especially after being so accustomed to the older style skin, but give it a chance and it may surprise you.

After a quick look this morning before work my overall impression is pretty good, I found the sidebar much better than I thought I would but the tactics screen is a lot more confusing to use now but that may be because I'm just used to FM2104.

The 3D match engine lighting and pitch textures are a bit disappointing tho, it just looks all a bit too drab, flat and somewhat dated.

So, I haven't actually gotten to playing a game yet. I'm working on setting up filters, but whenever I ask to Auto Size a column (only one, not all), it affects other ones as well. It's been just over 2 hours and I can't figure out how to get my filters to actually show everything that I've placed in them. I remember this being difficult in FM 14...I just didn't remember that it was this difficult!

• Administrators
Don't know if this is a bug or not but Fernando (Man City) out paced Gibbs (Arsenal) with Gibbs having a 15 yard head start. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

If you have a pkm of the match, please raise the issue in our bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

To be honest I love the UI, I love everything about it so far the only thing that is bugging me is the huge amount of goals in games and goalkeepers by I know you guys are aware of that and I know it will be sorted soon.

Great game. Well done SI.

Any particular reason why? We always appreciate constructive feedback. Personally I wasn't a huge fan when I first saw it, especially after being so accustomed to the older style skin, but give it a chance and it may surprise you.

I think you're right mate it's just down to the fact I was so use to the older one I reckon given time it will grow on me

Do you have a link to said post?

No, but i'm willing to post my concerns here. I only just saw how active you are in this thread right now, which i appreciate.

http://puu.sh/cnYyJ/8196564ee9.jpg

Here we have FM14, on the right side i can access everything i need to create and manage my tactics. I have direct visual feedback and can change things with a few clicks and imagine easily how it will play out. All the other options are on the right side too so that i can switch around fast and without making long ways with my mouse (it sounds ridiculous but that has a huge impact on feeling comfortable with an UI). On the left side i can look at player information and look at my squad structure, can see who is fit or needs match fitness or is injured to organize my substitutes. This was great UI design if you ask me and maybe SI didn't know how functional there tactical screen already was.

http://puu.sh/cnYLU/f2867eb38c.jpg

Here is the new UI. The first thing that we see, and the most annoying thing is that almost all functionality has been stripped from the tactical visualization. I can still click on it and change things but as all directly visible information has been passed to the right side it's tiresome and inefficient, so the right screen is basically useless. But the shift to the left side has taken away all the space to display information, just look how much space every player takes up, i can fit much less players on the screen without scrolling than in FM14

http://puu.sh/cnZcv/515964920d.jpg

Here's a side-to-side comparison. On the right side we have efficient use of space: Roles, duties, team instructions, mentality, substitutes etc+ Visualization (!). On the left side we have bloated space, weird icons (those circle icons are really bad, i have to look very close to see the difference between almost full and full) and there is no way to see the stats + the stats that the role requires.

This might seem small and i know that i will adapt to it but it's an unneccessary step back, i hope i could explain what bothers me about it.

• Administrators
every time i am taken to the headlines screen my eyes bleed...far too many and too bright colors

Do they actually bleed? Is it blood or tears? Or could you please provide some constructive feedback for us? :D

• Administrators
Obviously with the goalkeeper situation at the moment there's some crazy scorelines, but any idea roughly what goals per game average the match engine should be running at?

Depends on the league you're running in, but say for English Prem it should be around 2.7-2.8 per game.

The new tactic screen is a horrible jumble of information. Picking players is a lot harder than it used to be on the older versions of the game. That is a minor issue, over time il get used to it and it will become second nature, the main issue i have however might be a deal breaker.

I feel the new layout takes away the joy of seeing your newly created tactic. Its too wooden and lifeless to me and has taken away the immersion i had with this screen. The formation pitch is as boring as it comes with no charm whatsoever! I loved seeing i was playing an AMC Playmaker on Attack duty with a Poacher up in front. Now all i see is a shirt with a dumb circle next to it. It looks childish.

This screen is where most of my FM hours were spent and now I dont want to even look at it. Its like coming home after 2 weeks away to find your girlfriend 100lbs heavier with a face full of acne :D

Liking the new Tactics screen, having players move up or down the pitch depending on the player role assigned gives me a better idea of the team shape. However, missing the ability to click on a player and easily pick another squad member who can play in that position/role.

Match engine feels like it is representing my tactics and squad roles better, nice to defenders stick legs out and mopping up balls that roll past them. One of two weird things have happened with players running back towards their own goal, sure you guys will have that patched soon enough.

Lastly, game is working very well on Linux, no crashes or problems experienced so far...thank you again for continuing the Linux support.

Do they actually bleed? Is it blood or tears? Or could you please provide some constructive feedback for us? :D

In all honesty the first time I seen it I was like "wow", against the dark skin(which I love by the way)it does come out of nowhere, I think it is just the amount of colours shown at once.

Maybe just one colour would be enough, I get you guys are trying to do it by using the colours of whatever team the news is from but it is a bit too flashy.

Has anybody seen any of the new media yet ? I've not played a ton tonight as I was setting up my graphics packs etc , but what I have seen has just been the same generic stock questions that we saw in 14.

The game is currently unplayable in its current form. It makes my driver go crazy and is constantly making my graphics card fail. It is a NVIDIA GeForce 550 TI 1 gb memory, newest driver and every 10 seconds when the match engine is up it just will not stop sending a driver failure.

That would indicate a problem on your side , no ?

have you tried rolling back your drivers ?

The game is currently unplayable in its current form. It makes my driver go crazy and is constantly making my graphics card fail. It is a NVIDIA GeForce 550 TI 1 gb memory, newest driver and every 10 seconds when the match engine is up it just will not stop sending a driver failure.

Sounds like a PSU problem, certainly not being caused by the game.

Try setting the 3D match settings to a lower setting.

I want to leave some positive feedback too. I can't judge the balance of the game yet and crosses/long passes seem slightly overpowered but i love how i can see 2 different tactical systems play out on the pitch, that was rarely the case in FM14. I don't know why it appears that way but i can clearly see my tactical instructions being followed by the team and individual marking seems to have more of an effect too. Loving the ME so far even if it still needs some balancing.

I am using the same Graphics Card, not encountered any crashing at all but frame rate has been a bit choppy (put that down to my very old AMD CPU).

• Administrators

Real life calls so I'm heading offline. Will try and catch up tomorrow in the meantime some mods and staff are still around and we'll be back responding tomorrow morning. Thanks for all the comments and feedback so far. Night to those that are going to sleep soon, "just one more game" to the rest of you!

Spotted Arsenal bought Clyne in the opening window. Disappointing given the purchases of Debuchy and Chambers earlier in the summer.

No team needs 3 strong right backs. Not the best news from an AI squad building perspective

It says in the OP they're working on the AI squad building.

OT - Must admit guys , despite the silly score lines, the ME is looking kinda slick. Gonna be good once keepers are fixed.

Archived