Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Was there a small update between the release and now? I tried to fiddle with the facegen hair so I guess I could have tricked Steam into writing over that

I think there was, I had a crash dump and after launching the game Steam asked me to confirm an update.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a top end laptop that allows lots of leagues loaded etc and speed is great with FM14............however I am running only 4 nations(usually 12) and saving the game took ages very slow, if it helps I have imported graphics from fm14 along with shortlists/tactics

• Administrators
Is the Scouting rating system changes from fm14, or are there som kind of bug?? Nicolai Jørgensen from FC copenhagen has only ½ a star, Human tariq har Potentiale 2½ star, same with Sakho, Feghouli, Zaza.

Vidal and Pogba is set for 4 stars on full potentiale. This is from my scout with 19/19 i Juventus.

For how long have they been scouted? Under the report what is the Knowledge Level shown as for each of these players?

• Administrators
I think there was, I had a crash dump and after launching the game Steam asked me to confirm an update.

When did it crash for you? Can you raise it here for me please? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Defending and goalkeeping on 3D is looks laughable, keepers also seem to get injured during games regularly

We'd appreciate some examples of the laughable defending in the bugs forum along with pkm's, and some actual numbers on GK injuries if you feel they're excessive.

But if the shirt is an empty position, right clicking it has no effect. In the last game, right clicking would bring up a pop up screen listing players in order of suitability, and giving you the option to quick pick the player for that position. It's far less intuitive now.

This!

right clicking gives the 'remove from position' option only and also what position you want the player to play in. right clicking an empty shirt brings up nothing

Ok first impressions to me,

Love the game and the new look,

Tbh love everything apart from one little flaw,

Ive played 22 games, And kept 1 clean sheet, Conceeding 43 in those 22 games, Luckily im like Liverpool last season and generally outscore my opposition but i do feel conceeding 43 goals in 22 games whilst being second in the league is a tad excessive considering im playing standard mentality....

Apart from that, Love it

When did it crash for you? Can you raise it here for me please? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Was earlier in the night, not sure which screen I was going onto but it was when I was in player search looking for a LB.

If I get anymore I'll defo report it in that thread.

Notice a wee thing, don't know if it has been reported or not. When you click on a different team, it takes you too their club info overview. Now it will say 'Mexico' or whatever country its from.....but no national flag, until you click on that country then go back, the flag appears. (Hope that makes sense !) I'm enjoying it more and more now, loving the new scouting system, with placing assignments in order of urgency, nice touch ;)

Defending and goalkeeping on 3D is looks laughable, keepers also seem to get injured during games regularly

We are aware of some known issues in the ME, with goalkeeping in particular. Any reports of bugs should be made in the Match Engine bugs forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

The Match Engine does not seem to be in great shape, at all. Full backs have no clue what to do with hoofed diagonal balls, and goalkeepers are hapless. And there are still overhit crosses bouncing off the bar or troubling the keeper with alarming regularity.

Any bugs with the Match Engine should be reported here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

We're aware of some existing issues, but would still be keen to review some of the problems you are having to ensure that they are already under review.

• Administrators
Why when you are on the 'Fixtures and Results' tab can you not click on a match to view the match stats anymore?

You can do this the same as in FM14 - was the match played in the full match engine (was the league active?)

No defensive wingers anymore :confused:

They were a mainstay of my tactic on FM14.

I'm really not convinced by this version so far. I'll give it a fair whack though before I pass any proper judgement, but I'm not impressed at all so far, and it takes something for me to say that.

The Defensive Winger role should be available in the ML and MR position.

Ok first impressions to me,

Love the game and the new look,

Tbh love everything apart from one little flaw,

Ive played 22 games, And kept 1 clean sheet, Conceeding 43 in those 22 games, Luckily im like Liverpool last season and generally outscore my opposition but i do feel conceeding 43 goals in 22 games whilst being second in the league is a tad excessive considering im playing standard mentality....

Apart from that, Love it

I'm not churning out the line for the sake of it...."it's your tactic"......... i'm watertight at the back.

My initial impressions;

+ Impressed with the UI. Looks sleek and is easier to locate everything.

+ The Match Engine seems to be much improved. It appears that a lot of work has gone into getting this part of the game up to scratch. Good job.

- Not keen on the team selection at the moment because the players already selected remain in the list to pick.

- I play '2D classic' and am a bit disappointed with the pitch graphics and the lack of ad boards. The 2 matches I've played had no ad boards around the bit at all or any dugout graphics. The pitches just look like you're playing on a local park as there are not any grass cut lines like on the 3D & other 2D view.

How do you know if an in game team talk has worked or not?

P.S. Just won my first match 16-0 (pre season friendly but still!) :)

Hi holidaysong, you can monitor your players' body language, but the effects are not intended to be drastic. Saying that, a well timed Touchline Team Talk can make the difference between victory and defeat!

I'm not churning out the line for the sake of it...."it's your tactic"......... i'm watertight at the back.

Probably is my tactic, But im really struggling to find a way to defend on this version lol, As i said atm its not much of a bother ive scored 72 in 24 and conceeded 46 now, lol, Im trying as much as i can to keep just one more clean sheet for the season but nothings working without killing my attack, id happily buy a clean sheet if i could :p

Oh dear, what has happened to FM? New look is awful, the headlines screen is attrocious and annoying, the player search, i like the idea, but its to clunky, the new 2 level star ratings look a mess, everything blends into everything else, think ill be sticking with 2014, waste of money

You can do this the same as in FM14 - was the match played in the full match engine (was the league active?)

I started unemployed to see how the game would run and when I go to check the scores under the fixtures and results tab it won't let me click on the score to see the scorers and match stats for leagues i have loaded

Already reported this in the bug thread but does anyone else have a lack of "Past Winners" page for the MLS? Not sure if I'm just one of those rare exceptions or if it's one of those sneaky little bugs.

Mixed on the UI so far. In some areas it works for me, in some areas it doesn't.

Very disappointed about the inverted wing back role over the 10 games I've played not once have I had one cut inside. Are these working as intended?

This role still requires some work I'm afraid, though I would expect to see him cutting inside more than that. If you have the time, an example of a match where your IWB is not working as you'd hope would be interesting for us to look at: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

• Administrators
I started unemployed to see how the game would run and when I go to check the scores under the fixtures and results tab it won't let me click on the score to see the scorers and match stats for leagues i have loaded

May be related to you being unemployed. Can you please raise the issue here for me? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/427-All-Other-Issues

Thanks.

• Administrators
Oh dear, what has happened to FM? New look is awful, the headlines screen is attrocious and annoying, the player search, i like the idea, but its to clunky, the new 2 level star ratings look a mess, everything blends into everything else, think ill be sticking with 2014, waste of money

Can you please keep your feedback constructive? Thanks.

So...

- I like the new interface. Once I figure out where things are I'm pretty sure I'll love that all important things are one click away.

- Also I like the new scouting system

- I'll be utilising the new Wide Playmaker role from the start :-)

So...

- I like the new interface. Once I figure out where things are I'm pretty sure I'll love that all important things are one click away.

- Also I like the new scouting system

- I'll be utilising the new Wide Playmaker role from the start :-)

I think the new interface is like every FM. Once you get used to it after the original change, its fine.

• SI Staff
Is the Scouting rating system changes from fm14, or are there som kind of bug?? Nicolai Jørgensen from FC copenhagen has only ½ a star, Human tariq har Potentiale 2½ star, same with Sakho, Feghouli, Zaza.

Vidal and Pogba is set for 4 stars on full potentiale. This is from my scout with 19/19 i Juventus.

If you have issues with scouting and how the system is working I would suggest posting in the Scouting bugs forum.

We will be able to look at your issue in more detail there.

People should actually give the new UI a chance, I spent a couple of hours just familiarising myself with it, I never went forward even a day.

Once you get used to it you can find everything you need at a touch of a button, to start with it looks a bit overwhelming but it actually works quite nicely.

The only thing I miss is the star ratings that would drop down for each player and how suitable they were for a certain role/s, maybe SI could look to bring that back as it was the perfect way to find a player for each role.

Making a substitution is a major pain in the backside. Go to quick sub, and you've simply no idea of the best position, or indeed any position of your subs, which makes for a lot of clicking just to find out if a sub is suitable for the position you're subbing out. What a huge step backwards for this part of the game.

The match engine looks nice, although I don't like how small the dots are in the 2D screen (not classic 2D), but the 3D looks improved, although there's still some silly animations, but that's to be expected at this stage.

There's a lot to like here, but I'm just not feeling it due to the tactics/subs interface. There was simply no need to change it the way they have.

All my interactions with the new scouting and reporting systems have been good so far. Best overhaul of that part of the game in years. My scouts are actually bringing me a handful of useful players who are worth looking at in more detail. No more sifting through 100s of near-instantly and near-perfectly scouted players and destroying the AI in the transfer market.

Few early observations

- Match looks better, the best it has in 3D, you can see the direction its heading in.

- Seen a lot of goals scored from crosses (6 out of 10 so far, 2 of them own goals), and 4 from balls over the top of the defence

- This is just personal preference, but I thought last years tactics screen was almost perfect, but i'm sure i'll get used to this one, just doesnt feel as polished

- New fonts & UI are very good, like the sidebar a lot.

- Scouting looks like and improvement and the addition of player training in FMC is fantastic

Time to start the strife of finding a tactic that fits the 359 central midfielders I have...

Oh dear, what has happened to FM? New look is awful, the headlines screen is attrocious and annoying, the player search, i like the idea, but its to clunky, the new 2 level star ratings look a mess, everything blends into everything else, think ill be sticking with 2014, waste of money[/quote

This is only Beta I suggest you Google the meaning of the word BETA

Right.

Love the fact that scouting and buy players have been put together. Started with West Brom. Needed a fullback and due to clubs current knowledge only 6 players (of standard) showed up. Hired some scouts adn 2 weeks later more players started to appear. Brilliant. Finally getting top scouts around the world has a BIG bearing on the game.

Tactics screen I am ok with. I do like the way the position of the player is adjusted depending on the type of role they are. Gives you an instant glance at who is pushing foward or not for example. I don't mind the roles being on the left hand side, however, writing is too small and cluttered tbh. Sure get used to it but just my thoughts for now.

Match engine is very good. Couple of silly things but this is a beta, not expecting perfection. In general though like how the players move about. One thing though. Long ball through balls seem to be too effective. Both human and CPU centre backs turn into the Red Sea with Moses on the shoreline :D

Overall great effort. I am not seeing over the top scorelines in my games. 3-0, 2-0, 0-2, 4-1, 0-3, 1-0.

Archived