Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

This new update disconfigurated and shuffled my midfield player positions when i alternate between my saved tactics. (for example, my AMF allways changes with my DMF). Players are not anchored in the position that i choose. I've wasted 2 hours rebuilding my 3 tactics from scratch, carefully draging the players' positions so i don't mess up with the other tactics, and and still no luck...I'll show you what i mean.Before the update:image.jpgAfter the update:image.jpgHas the same evil happened to others? Any solutions?
I have the sane problem too. Antonio solutions?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing an experimental save as Barcelona while I figure out the issues with the patch. Pre-14.2 - regens on youth contracts on their day of generation would always be interested in signing for Barca (except for a very few at equally large clubs). Since the patch, none are, even no-hopers from obscure nations. Is this a coincidence or deliberate? I guess it's more realistic if so, you could easily in the old system sign every youth prospect immediately.

My biggest problem with this is the ball physics. I can't believe more people aren't kicking up a fuss about it. The decision making of the keeper is strange but not beyond comprehension, the technique required by the attacker to hit it first time is top quality but not impossible, in theory. However the ice-rink style bouncing and acceleration of the ball across the turf like there's no such thing as friction, completely puts me off. I hated FM13 and never got into it for a number of reasons, mostly because the ice skating physics of the ball were absurd. I've vowed to leave it until after January before thinking about getting FM14, when it's been properly patched. I pop in now and again to lurk on feedback threads and gauge what state the game is in - to see a video of the ME in 14.2 and the ball is still moving like its on an air hockey table, is gutting. Clearly it's not considered a problem or it would've been fixed two games ago, as a priority, let alone several patches and updates into this version. Will keep going with my FM12 save at this rate - a flawed ME in many ways itself, but at least the ball moved like, you know, a football, rather than an ice hockey puck.

See my other post, #383 I think.....

Edit: I have asked some Spanish sounding chap who works for SI, Bardi I think his name was, if anything is being looked at for this issue. Not got a reply yet. If I do I'll update.

The matches are just horrible.

Good thing I'm not managing Red Star FC in real life. The weather and the pitch are in such a horrendous state I'm sure even British people would find it a bit excessive to play under such conditions.

The passing is infuriating to watch. But that's nothing compared to shooting accuracy. Even if the amounts of shots on target was equivalent to goals scored most games would be nothing but frustration.

I don't know how much longer I can take this. Hopefully we'll get promoted so the team can attract and afford (even on loan I'd be happy) players of a somewhat playable calibre...

1. every single "View" I created got deleted. And trying to import them bugs.

2. All my tactics got cracked from 100% to like nothing. Some saves are next to 0 now. During Mid-Season... Just an example from current open game:

sziflszq775l.png

mnlv3ea2i5to.png

3. Various Players still having contract for 4 years or more asking for improved contracts out of nothing on the first "continue" click I did.

4. I closed the game

5. I won't give you any feedbacks or Bug-Reports, I did this on beta and all I got was a ban and bugs are still in....

If you go on like this you might just only fell with EA getting charged (...)

Hi Andy, pretty sure that's a graphic that occurs when it's been snowing! Have a look on your match overview screen and see what the weather is.

:lol:

Fifteen years and numerous incarnations into FM, the one thing I didn't check....it looked too bright, too coincidental.

0' degrees, seems it was frost after all..

Asked this 4 times now. How do I stop the default to selection instead of my custom view in tactics on a match day ? Asked in this thread 3 times and in the bugs forum also. Spent 4 hours reading today to no avail. TBH I've had enough. Over the last month I've asked over 20 questions and not once had a single question acknowledged let alone answered. Clearly I must be completely stupid, or manifestly ignorant.

I give up then. Whats the point when no one EVER helps. GG SI. Pathetic.

A lot has been improved in terms of chances and fluidity going forwards, but I'm living in constant fear of absurd defensive errors. I know they made it harder to control "fast" balls but some of the first touches from top quality players is nothing short of laughable. I'm also getting a bit tired of players with tackling of 6 getting about 7 successful tackles out of 8.

Keepers are horrible at 14.2. Played 2 games with Hearts. One ended 5 x 5 against St. Johnstone and the other my team won. 3 x 2 against Hibs.

At these two games, keepers made wrong pass, giving the ball to the opponent inside the box and with poor saving at corners. Uploading some videos to put here.

[video=youtube;GX-fQGgf_h8]

Players are still knobs at conversations it seems.

"Congrats on scoring for England!"

"Screw you boss, I ain't scoring for you."

"Okie dokie then sir!"

*player feels previous chat went badly*

It went bad, cos you're an ungrateful ***** who couldn't take a simple compliment... =/ I mean seriously, if this was real life and a player reacted in that way you'd think he was a colossal douche bag. Why SI thinks its entirely justifiable behaviour in game is beyond me.

If each player interaction option needs to have a positive and negative response option, I don't even understand why you'd have the "well done on scoring for your country" conversation in there. There is no logic in that getting a negative response. Maybe an indifferent one, but that is just dumb.

2. All my tactics got cracked from 100% to like nothing. Some saves are next to 0 now.

3. Various Players still having contract for 4 years or more asking for improved contracts out of nothing on the first "continue" click I did.

2. It didn't get "cracked". SI have explained that there was a bug previously with tactic familiarity and how it was calculated in some cases. You will receive a one-time "hit" to familiarity. That's it.

3. Improved doesn't mean longer. It means improved. Better.

This new update disconfigurated and shuffled my midfield player positions when i alternate between my saved tactics. (for example, my AMF allways changes with my DMF). Players are not anchored in the position that i choose. I've wasted 2 hours rebuilding my 3 tactics from scratch, carefully draging the players' positions so i don't mess up with the other tactics, and and still no luck...

I'll show you what i mean.

Before the update:

image.jpg

After the update:

image.jpg

Has the same evil happened to others? Any solutions?

I'm confused...it looks like it just rotated where the players were placed. The roles and duties are the same...couldn't you just re-select your team? That shouldn't take hours...

So are you saying a goal was scored direct from a throw with no-one touching the ball? IRL this wouldn't be a goal.

If this really happened I suggest you raise a bug and upload the pkm, I'd love to see this as I've not seen ever happen

I'll upload it later, stuck at a work do atm... There was not a single touch from others, which I thought was against the rules and just plain odd anyway... But oh well, a goal's a goal :p

I'm seeing a lot better activity from my forwards and less wonder runs from my wing backs, I enjoy the update on the match engine greatly at the moment.

One thing I've noticed is that the game-generated player's pictures are missing on the player screen, although the option is checked. Reloading the skin or reloading the game doesn't seem to solve the issue either, is anyone experiencing something similar?

I was going to 'raise' this a little further... The height of the ball is indeed insane in 2D, which i always use due to the irritation the 3D ME brings... The ball, particularly from corners, goal kicks and even sometimes just little dinked through-balls looks as though it's about to leave the stadium and shots often rise through the air and then dip at great speed (or at least that's how it looks on screen) ala Cristiano Ronaldo.

Takes a bit of getting used to, that's for sure...

Just wish I could get used to strikers not scoring again - Le Fondre now one goal in 19 (as mentioned before, had 15 a third of way through season before update). The much missed variation of goals seems to have disappeared and instead all are now coming from set pieces or opposition defenders tackling and loose ball falling to unmarked player clean through. Can't remember the last assist I had from open play.

All just feels so random again - am back to adjusting tactics simply to pick up on ME flaws, not simulate football.

PS. Had Stephen Kelly score twice, direct from long throws down the right. Both evaded the heads of defenders and attackers alike, bounced about a yard in front of keeper and bobbled in...

Why has the ball been replaced by a beachball in 2D match view SI?

Sort it out SI.

Far fewer shots hitting the woodwork 10 in the last 14 games, sequences of games without a single one, that’s never happened before on FM 2014. However, I’m coming to the conclusion that there are issues with the GKs, my midfielder has had a shot the GK has tried to gather it into his arms but fumbled it, well that’s OK it could happen and does, but then he has just stood and watched while my striker ran in to fire into the net, making no attempt to dive onto the ball or clear it, now of course there is nothing amiss about my striker getting the ball in the net but the GK should have made some sort of attempt to recover.

Wish i had not updated, game feels lost like fm13 now with randomness. I thought the last patch for the first time i got my side playing how i wanted and used there attributes to achieve the goals set for the team.

Now players are allover the place players not doing as i told previously did poor first touches poor positional play corner goals left right and center, Before it was as good as it could get now it just feels soulless back to the drawing board and find the magical tactic.

Wish i had not updated, game feels lost like fm13 now with randomness. I thought the last patch for the first time i got my side playing how i wanted and used there attributes to achieve the goals set for the team.

Now players are allover the place players not doing as i told previously did poor first touches poor positional play corner goals left right and center, Before it was as good as it could get now it just feels soulless back to the drawing board and find the magical tactic.

I cannot recommend posting your details in the tactics forum highly enough. A few different opinions on where your line up and roles are going roles, a few tweaks you make yourself and it can all fall into place. The best bit is when you realise where you've been going wrong, and your tactic is a logical one, then no update ever will ruin it.

Injuries to all your key players will however, but that's another story. :rolleyes:

Think i had my tactic sorted doing well in the champions league mate with Norwich is no mean feat and making Max Clayton a 15m striker in 2020 to boot.

Your not getting my issue mate after reading the inner working of both wwfan,Cleon,NakS, and understanding the tactics engine and to be honest making my best tactic for my players i could and trust me i have some real serious regens and real players.

My um-bridge is corners currently and trust me in saying it is no tactical error.

The last patch there was a control element i thought made fm14 superior to any fm ever but i think this patch has made it a tad unbalanced again and please bear in mind i do play around 70 per cent of matches in full and currently in 2020.

Tactical problem it is not a win ratio of 60 per cent over 6 seasons and 6 trophy seems to think i might just know a thing or two about tactics..

Some of the postitional play and first touches now is ridiculous and so are the knock down corner goals..

The game needs re-balancing or the option of going back a patch because on this patch i feel cheated about spending my money although i suspect i have had my money's worth already

Anyone else found contract lengths on new signings odd? Most players will only ask for 1 year deals and make it very hard to negotiate it.

I have had this problems with goalkeepers who, unless offering a completely ridiculous contract, are only ever willing to accept a year... Not noticed it with outfield players but will keep a look out...

Any particular reason the player/manager chat is now REALLY slow? It's like talking with a politician who wants five minutes to think of his answer.

Page 4 of this thread.

Okay this is by design. Let me explain. Before 14.2 after you picked an answer to a question/comment, your next set of available options to pick from in the conversation appeared before you saw the person you're chatting to's response. This did not feel right and is not how a conversation in real-life would flow. So it was decided to only show your next set of available options to pick from after the person has responded to your last comment. And the reason why the person does not respond immediately is both technical (because to retrieve their response requires a reasonable amount of processing in the background) and design (people don't usually respond to a question instantly i.e. a millisecond after a comment is made).

Please do not say you have still not won promotion?

That save got binned ages ago!

Got a few saves on the go, the one I'm on just now is my Hibs save om FMC. Some quality advice on the tactics forum has got me out of a rut a bit. However, I'm getting injuries nearly every week which is frustrating, but that's football.

I have had this problems with goalkeepers who, unless offering a completely ridiculous contract, are only ever willing to accept a year... Not noticed it with outfield players but will keep a look out...

I too had this yesterday with a young keeper, to be honest I never checked the length and just offered him the contract as a backup. He wont extend as he has only just signed, I fear I may have to use him more than I would have liked to this season in order to get him to sign again, hes nowhere near as good as my first choice yet though, spent a good few mil on him aswell.

My um-bridge is corners currently and trust me in saying it is no tactical error.

If you're unable to defend a corner, then surely it is tactical? Unless you're scoring the same from corners yourself, in which case your results won't be suffering. Same ME for you and the AI after all.

Rangers season 4, before patch wasn't experiencing this.

Oh, they're a "bigger" club than I expected.

I've had similar issues with all my players wanting 1 year contracts, but all the other teams around me had the same issue. I figured it was because I was in only in the 2nd Div. in South Africa and that the players didn't want to be tied down at a lowly club for too long. Players with ambitions to play in better leagues, you know?

Might be interesting to see what other people are experiencing...

Yes same both are scoring them thats what i mean takes the fun out but i guess my 2 max rated players for corners but it not how i want to play

I'll be honest, I've not seen any real increase in goals from corners since the update, guess it changes from save to save.

For example, in the first 10 matchdays of my current league season which started just after the update, there have been 205 goals scored in total across all teams. 42 of them have come from corners. In fairness, I don't know if that's high compared to real life, but it doesn't seem that excessive.

I am getting slightly frustrated.

I am having to restart my whole saves every time a patch is released. The tactical/match engine stuff being saved game compatible means you are playing a new game every time you are unexpectedly forced to use the next patch.

I really enjoy doing long saves from October until the next game comes out

but it is impossible- such significant changes are being made- not once has my existing tactical set up been viable moving from one patch to the next. And there has been so many...this is already the fifth update in a month and a half.

I cant get any consistency- it is besides the point that the match engines are improving- the rules of the game are changing without warning.

it took me ages to get used to the last patch- but I did...I had consecutive league and champions league wins with a great effective and attractive system. I spent loads of money to buy a squad for this tactical set up which made the most of this match engine

and it just plain doesn't work any more ...so i'm going to have to drive this save into the abyss trying to get used to it and this champions league winnign super team just suddenly stop performing- everything starts spiralling with results and moral and job security...and there is nothing I could have done....working in the save I cant go from instantly being an expert in one match engine to the next without having used it.

It obliterates all the realism...this constant desire to make the game more real.....but reality doesn't work like that...

and i don't like starting a thousand different saves...i lose all affection for the teams....it feels like a computer game i am restarting to play when i am bored as opposed to my alternate reality i am immersed in for hours on end.

I'm confused...it looks like it just rotated where the players were placed. The roles and duties are the same...couldn't you just re-select your team? That shouldn't take hours...

Looks rotated, but that's not the case.

I tried to swap the players in my 4-3-3, also dragged them and reassigned the same roles and duties, and in that specific tactic everything looked good. But, when i switch back to my 4-3-2-1, my DM (Danilo Pereira) appears in the AMF position, and the MFs are swaped. I've rebuilt them from root yesterday to prevent that witchcraft, but i was unsuccessful.

I play religiously since FM08 and only had that problem with this new patch.

Now, if i want to change to other tactic during a match, i am forced to hit pause and reajust the players to play in their position. That's not the worst of things, but it's a bother nevertheless

Archived