Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

I do! :) Unfortunately, the last 2 times I've tried to upload pkms, they've had their threads mysteriously be deleted. Guess I'm not loved enough.

If it is in the Bugs Forum, it won't get deleted if it is a "proper" Bug Report, supported by a .pkm.

The only things that get moved out of there are reports which aren't supported in any way.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehh wtf?

I won the champions league and Spanish league with Barcelona in my first season. A day after this I get a message from Messi saying he wants a move because of our failure to qualify for the Champions league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to talk very nicely to him and promise him the world to keep him!

Decided to play one game on old save and, without changing tactical setup, was very pleased to see more chances being created and better finishing giving me a 6-1 win away to Southampton. Long may this form last... about to start new career game now.....

• Administrators
Ehh wtf?

I won the champions league and Spanish league with Barcelona in my first season. A day after this I get a message from Messi saying he wants a move because of our failure to qualify for the Champions league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to talk very nicely to him and promise him the world to keep him!

Can you report the issue here please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/364-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

If you have a save before he complains that'll be most helpful for us to look at.

When going to player instructions in tactics I am pleased to see that when hovering over grey items (fixed) you are told either that the instruction is

a) Already active for this role and duty or

b) Unavailable for the role and duty selected

With sliders having been removed, this does indeed help you understand what instructions are active for the role but you have to hover over each grey item and then remember them!

Would be really appreciated if further colour coding could be used to aid identifying and save the need for constant hovering!

Perhaps the already active ones (a) could be coloured a lighter shade of green (to complement the green applied to items you select) with the Unavailable for role and duty ones being left greyed out.

As the logic must already be in place to identify whether instructions are already active or unavailable for roles and positions, hopefully this is a fairly easy fix for inclusion in next update.

Thank you for making player names on-pitch larger for my combination of resolution and zoom level. Although, the appearance of the text is a bit strange ... very thick edges, but my eyes could deceive me here. But definitely an improvement.

Oh, and in the first game after patching I won 8-0, the largest win ever both for the club and for Serie A. So I guess my tactics work .........

If it is in the Bugs Forum, it won't get deleted if it is a "proper" Bug Report, supported by a .pkm.

The only things that get moved out of there are reports which aren't supported in any way.

Not sure what to tell you other than this is what was done. Outlined the issue, used tact, and had a .pkm. Tried twice; didn't take.

When going to player instructions in tactics I am pleased to see that when hovering over grey items (fixed) you are told either that the instruction is

a) Already active for this role and duty or

b) Unavailable for the role and duty selected

With sliders having been removed, this does indeed help you understand what instructions are active for the role but you have to hover over each grey item and then remember them!

Would be really appreciated if further colour coding could be used to aid identifying and save the need for constant hovering!

Perhaps the already active ones (a) could be coloured a lighter shade of green (to complement the green applied to items you select) with the Unavailable for role and duty ones being left greyed out.

As the logic must already be in place to identify whether instructions are already active or unavailable for roles and positions, hopefully this is a fairly easy fix for inclusion in next update.

That's pretty cool and I wouldn't have noticed it at this point, thanks for the heads-up! Also a pretty good idea, the light-green/gray suggestion you gave, I hope they pick it up :)

I knew there was a new patch out, I Just knew it. Felt it in my bones. and unfortunately, a possible bug.

So I loaded the game today after not playing for a few days, I am in March 2016 as MUFC. Now I know for certain that the last time I stopped playing, my three formations were trained to nearly fluid, two tactics were pretty much 95% and the third was a newer one at about 80%. My match performances reflected that. Now I open the game today and suddenly my tactical understanding has dropped significantly. Is this intended?? I have never, ever seen tactical understanding DROP when I had my training as Tactics Only, the other one is Team Cohesion at High. I have never experienced regression in tactics familiarity. The only time it drops is if you swap it out for another tactic, then it loses familiarity the next time you put it back in.

Now at this point I had already lost the league because I had too many draws earlier on, which was part of the reason I took a break, so I'm not blaming anyone for this, but I still have the CL and FA Cup to play for, and now suddenly my players are acting as if the tactic is completely alien. I got knocked out by Liverpool in the FA Cup semis after going one-nil up. I can imagine this being pretty annoying had I been winning the league and suddenly my tactics start to fail and I end up with nothing. Does this happen with every new update?? I literally had no choice to even delay the update as it was done automatically through Steam.

There seems to be an error in a translation. I use the portuguese version and when I view a player and I go to Reports, there is a subtitle, Coach Report. It should say "Relatório Observador" and it is "Relatório Prepador" (prepador means nothing, it is not a word). I don't know if I should post it here, but it is better than nowhere!

so far so good of an update. I have seen overall improvement of the ME and it's much more pleasing to watch. The passing and offtheball movement is better although there are still a few weird things happening every now and then, nothing serious though, until i lose :D

Hmmm -

Well, quite a few things still wrong with the match engine, little things that can be sorted out, but the big one one for me is something that's only really just clicked and it bothers me..

It's the extent to which I have to conform to my opponents plans. I'm currently in my 5th Season, have an insane team, we are the most reputable club in the world and are in the top 5 Rich list, and yet, I still have to conform to the tactics of Norwich City..

My team should be good enough that simply by virtue of being better and having better players my regular tactic should suffice...

Now, now, I understand this isn't always the case in real life, some teams require you to rethink your tactics, but not to this extent. Barcelona change for no one, Man Utd aren't Man Utd without a focus on wing play and direct counter attacks, etc, etc..

You know, stomping your authority on the match as opposed to being dictated to by inferior opposition

Another thing..Why do so many players have no interest playing for the most reputable club in the world???

Hmmm -

Well, quite a few things still wrong with the match engine, little things that can be sorted out, but the big one one for me is something that's only really just clicked and it bothers me..

It's the extent to which I have to conform to my opponents plans. I'm currently in my 5th Season, have an insane team, we are the most reputable club in the world and are in the top 5 Rich list, and yet, I still have to conform to the tactics of Norwich City..

My team should be good enough that simply by virtue of being better and having better players my regular tactic should suffice...

Now, now, I understand this isn't always the case in real life, some teams require you to rethink your tactics, but not to this extent. Barcelona change for no one, Man Utd aren't Man Utd without a focus on wing play and direct counter attacks, etc, etc..

You know, stomping your authority on the match as opposed to being dictated to by inferior opposition

Another thing..Why do so many players have no interest playing for the most reputable club in the world???

I agree with you somewhat in reality it may differ slightly however it doesn't mean you have the right too not bothering to change or tweak tactics to conform with your opponents plans and I don't see that having a actual issue with the match engine, its not true about united or barcelona they have regulary change tactics or use different areas of there game to outsmart different teams with different playing styles

Hmmm -

Suppose, R Madrid galactico era though. They could look absolutely useless at times, individuals don't fit the team etc.

I agree with you somewhat in reality it may differ slightly however it doesn't mean you have the right too not bothering to change or tweak tactics to conform with your opponents plans and I don't see that having a actual issue with the match engine, its not true about united or barcelona they have regulary change tactics or use different areas of there game to outsmart different teams with different playing styles

I agree with you completely, it's just when the gap is pretty large between to the 2 respective teams, it seems like your regular tactic the won that has won the CL 3 times in a row should be enough to boss the game regardless of what inferior opposition is doing.

I agree with you completely, it's just when the gap is pretty large between to the 2 respective teams, it seems like your regular tactic the won that has won the CL 3 times in a row should be enough to boss the game regardless of what inferior opposition is doing.
Yes this can make your team be caught off guard by the weaker team and they can hit out at your confidence and cause you too lose the match as thier motivation is higher this is why tactics so vital whoever you play :)

Noticed that all my injured players and one who just returned from injury seem to have had their match fitness changed. 4 of them have 90% match fitness and the other one 80%. This seems a bit high, not sure what they were before but they all being 90 or 80 seems to be odd.

Was something changed with match fitness of injured players?

Yes this can make your team be caught off guard by the weaker team and they can hit out at your confidence and cause you too lose the match as thier motivation is higher this is why tactics so vital whoever you play :)

Yeah, yeah..But, if bad teams always beat good teams, then the good teams wouldn't be good teams

Okay.... So, spent all evening tearing what's left of my thinning hair out, launching expletives at the cat and generally causing a commotion with my behaviour wondering why on Earth my strikers had decided to stop shooting altogether (Adam Le Fondre had 15 league goals at time game updated, 13 games later he has 16) , my wingers were roaming about like idiots and my attacking CM's dallying on the ball (this after spending about ten games regaining my tactical familiarity from mid-december) only to look into my tactics again and find that most of my individual player instructions had been swapped around, so strikers were set to not shoot, AM had DM instructions and so on...

... Little bit of warning might have been nice guys ;)

Strangely enough my defensive instructions were left alone, and 4-2-3-1 was less affected than my old trusty 4-4-2 I use in Championship and below... Now that's been sorted and I actually know what my players are up to have to say the rest of the changes are certainly an improvement.

Just can't believe I played a third of a season with my player instructions basically back to front!!!

*and breathe*

We also seem to have the GK beaten by a lobs from the touchline half way inside the half issue again, that's 3 times in 6 games now.

Yeah, Goalkeepers are still Morons. Lobbed too easy, positioning problems, near post nightmares, poor distribution and are still taking free kicks resulting an easy chances at open goals.

I have noticed one positive however, I have noticed less goals being conceded from a defenders tackle/through ball. Was always fun to watch as the tackle was the epitome of the most perfectly weighted through ball as the rest of your defenders appeared to watch as a different player would stride right by them for a tap in, as it happened the goalkeeper was so in awe of such a moment, such creative vision, that I can only surmise he felt like running up the pitch to discuss with the opposing goalkeeper, what morons his outfield players were, and sadly, and unfortunately, never being able to bask in the delicious Irony as his goal was left gaping.

Yeah, Goalkeepers are still Morons. Lobbed too easy, positioning problems, near post nightmares, poor distribution and are still taking free kicks resulting an easy chances at open goals.

I have noticed one positive however, I have noticed less goals being conceded from a defenders tackle/through ball. Was always fun to watch as the tackle was the epitome of the most perfectly weighted through ball as the rest of your defenders appeared to watch as a different player would stride right by them for a tap in, as it happened the goalkeeper was so in awe of such a moment, such creative vision, that I can only surmise he felt like running up the pitch to discuss with the opposing goalkeeper, what morons his outfield players were, and sadly, and unfortunately, never being able to bask in the delicious Irony as his goal was left gaping.

Not so much morons because there was nothing wrong with their positioning more butterfingered, the ball just going straight through their hands.

An early impression, seems that I am scoring goals from corners again. Was scoring far too many before 14.1.4, seemed to have been better in 14.1.4, now seems that it has changed back again. Still early so might be just a wrong initial impression, I will keep an eye on it.

Way too many goals are scored in AI matches. After 5 rounds, there have been at least 6-7 matches with results like 5-4, 5-3 and such, and generally in majority of matches there is more than 5 goals scored per match. If we take into consideration that Im playing Serbian league that has an average of 1 point something goals per match, and is by all means considered an unnatractive league, I gotta say that it's more than obvious that this will be a problem.

Seriously something has to be done about Counter Attacking teams getting too much rocket fuel when they break. Adel Taarabt, the man sloth, buzzing around with incredible vigour, yes vigour and Taarabt in the one sentence. The speed of the players on the counter is way overpowered, and the incredible passing and ball control at such speed.

for the second time I've conceded a goal thanks to my CB tackling my keeper. Really? Is this really acceptable?

Very bad thing for the CB to be doing.

It sounds like a bug, might be a good idea to report in the bugs forum and upload the pkm of the game(s) where this occurred. They are more likely to respond to your issue if you post it there.

Played 3 games with 14.2 here's my thoughts so far.

Passing and shooting accuracy a lot better, looks like the midfield are actually placing the passes rather than just putting it aimlessly into space. Strikers are now scoring with more accuracy with feet and head.

fewer if any needless slide tackles, defenders staying on their feet as instructed.

D line playing with more intelligence, holding their position and through balls now not a problem.

Woodwork being hit now seems normal, 2-3 times a game.

Crosses coming in from wide more regularly and corners are a lot less, more realistic numbers.

Heading also seems better, not being blasted over the bar but actually scoring with them.

Ratings generally a lot higher all round and more reflective of the performance.

Did see one of my keepers drop a simple cross which led to a goal but unless I see it more than once regularly, I'll put it down to just being a mistake by him.

All in all a hell of a lot better and game play is now good to watch, more realistic than ever, well done. Just a pity it takes 2 months of using us as guinea pigs to get it right.

I think a few people that have made tactics for the old ME should really start to look at their tactics again before having a right moan on here, if the ME has been tweaked etc obviously the tactics you were winning with will be slightly off, just a thought.

Archived