Match Engine Update 13.2 - ME feedback here please.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no interest in learning "how to use the 'strategy' reality in the game". If I have to go counter because the opponent pushes forward, or x because opponent does y, I will simply stop playing the game. The amount of time I am prepared to click a red or green button based on a traffic light shifting is very very limited. That is not the game I bought.

Well, Biggus, the real game of football is a game of attacking and defending - trust me, I've played it. You have to know when to attack and when to defend, when managers/coaches got it wrong in the real world they usually ended up getting the sack...

I have no interest in learning "how to use the 'strategy' reality in the game". If I have to go counter because the opponent pushes forward, or x because opponent does y, I will simply stop playing the game. The amount of time I am prepared to click a red or green button based on a traffic light shifting is very very limited. That is not the game I bought.

Then start holidaying through the matches, letting your assistant make any changes for you.

Some tactics will be affected and some will not...that seems to be the nature of what the new ME has introduced in terms of its "quirks". You don't need to be clairvoyant to see that the new ME has shifted players' inclination a little closer towards shooting. You'll probably also notice that certain players will also run with the ball a lot more, which again, depending on how reliant you were on this pre-patch, it may or may not change the way your tactic plays out.The one thing I can say for sure though, is I have never seen a team hit nearly 50 shots against me until this patch. Suffice to say, a certain mixture of stats/instructions seem to interacting in bizarre ways and amplifying these aforementioned quirks

I would definitely upload that PKM to the bugs thread.

My tactic has continued to work as normal since the patch. After seeing some of the matches mentioned in here I'm actually disappointed my team haven't started scoring more so I'm going to do some playing around tonight to see if I can increase the goals.

It does appear to have turned one Man Utd player into an absolute beast though, but then he does have 20 pace, acceleration, technique, dribbling and finishing, so it's kind of expected.

And yes. It's a player I sold 10 seasons ago at the age of 19 thinking he'd never make it...

haha isn't that always the way though!? I sold Crisetig because my staff told me he was rubbish and he's tearing the league a new one at the minute.

It's encouraging to see that others are not necessarily experiencing such a variance then. I still think I will hold off updating until the official work from SI about what they might do to tone things down a little.

Take this as you will, but you're not help to anyone.

If you are looking for a game where you can pick 1 tactic, pick your 11 best players and do nothing else, Fm isn't for you, and never has been.

That's simply wrong and always has been...

If the tactic suits the players well, and lets them score goals in many different ways and is structurally sound against a variety of other tactics, there should be no reason to change anything at all. This has worked for nearly 20 years now, and for good reason; it is a realistic and logical approach to football. Having a "manager" playing god on the sideline is not.

To be fair, it's not his job to help anyone. He was simply pointing out a major flaw in the game he BOUGHT!

Another thing, why should I have to change my tactics to suit the new ME?! I was doing alright with them before the update. If that's the case the game is pointless! It could change at any point and i'll have to start a new game for every update and learn the new "rules" (flaws).

He wasn't talking about changing tactics to suit a ME, he was complaining that he might have to alter his tactics mid-game to counter any given situation.

And this is a feedback thread, to point out flaws in the ME, coming in to it to moan that he shouldn't have to alter tactics AT ALL has no place in the thread.

That's simply wrong and always has been...

If the tactic suits the players well, and lets them score goals in many different ways and is structurally sound against a variety of other tactics, there should be no reason to change anything at all. This has worked for nearly 20 years now, and for good reason; it is a realistic and logical approach to football. Having a "manager" playing god on the sideline is not.

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about if you think the input of a manager begins and ends at the starting line-up and a formation. Being able to see what's going wrong, and having the ability to change it is probably the single most important aspect of a managers job, both in and out of game.

If your tactic fails to work when a new ME is released, it will usually because it was (probably unintentionally) using a weakness in the engine which was addressed in the patch.

wwfan's thread, that I linked above, shows you how to set up a tactic that will work across any match engine version.

The problem I'm having is kind of the opposite. I've always done most of what wwfan recommends (I do use sliders, but I've played for long enough now that I feel like I have a pretty good idea what's going one), and my tactic worked pretty well pre-patch, I felt it was an accurate reflection of the kind of football I wanted, and I won and lost my fair share of games. Now, I'm winning every game, and I'm concerned that my tactic is now exploiting a weakness in the ME that wasn't there before. I don't want to change the tactic, as the style of football is what I want, but I shouldn't be beating so many teams with ease :(

Having said that, I do like a lot of the improvements to the ME in this patch, just seems to me that with more shots have come many more goals, making it a tad unrealistic. I have no idea about the coding of the game, but if there's some sort of rough ratio of shots-to-goals coded into the game, it should maybe be tweaked slightly due to the increased number of shots.

Oh, and the Messi-like dribbling is a little over the top, Hazard just scored 4 in one game for me, 3 of which were from stunning runs. The best example of it as a problem is looking at the goals of the month, they're all Maradona-style runs past at least 3 players. Needs a bit of a tweak. God knows what managing Messi must be like on this patch :D

]If your tactic fails to work when a new ME is released' date=' it will usually because it was[/b'] (probably unintentionally) using a weakness in the engine which was addressed in the patch.

wwfan's thread, that I linked above, shows you how to set up a tactic that will work across any match engine version.

better not tell Rashidi that he was having success only due to the fact that he was using a weakness in the engine :D

On top of that we understand the FA are about to change the rules of the game, over at SI Towers where the Football Association meets, new rules affecting pitch conditions and ball use are sure to take their toll on us. So with a lot of uncertainty we prepare.

Our first 3 games are awesome, we get 7 from a possible 9. We even rub shoulders with Chelsea and the Mancs. Our football played isnt so fab, those games were won with the occasional dash foray, I know we need to do better. Matches against Chelsea, Manchester United, City and Liverpool come in consecutive order, and we lose all of them. And thats around the time the rules get changed. I look on in horror as Eden Hazard scores a goal by dribbling from his own half and cooly slotting in the goal, with nary a challenge. I remember covering my head, shaking my head and even angrily considering throwing my much vaunted playbook on the pitch in derision. ( In other words I was about to smash my laptop).

To counter the mazy dribbler, I've now told my support players in key areas to tackle hard. It may be a bit early but crucial tackles are now happening a bit higher up the defensive line, and thats encouraging. We had a home game against Hull and for the first time this season we produced more than 5 chances in a game. We did 10 and that was enough for me to get happy. Hull were favourites for the match, but we managed to eke out a win. Its a vital win. And I shall modify all my tactics by not using the stay on feet shout. With hard tackling surprisingly only one yellow card, and it was on a player set to normal tackling. 17 points from 14 games, another 23 points to gather from 24 matches to save my hide

1ifv9g.jpg

One thing I realise changed in this update and I wish it to change back.

In the tactics->overview, the figure of formation become narrower than before, I really want it back, or even wider!(may be a slider to change width)

I am using a 21.5" iMac and that figure looks really strange, and the player's name in the box get compressed.

Btw guys you all know if they introduced a placebo-patch some of you guys would still be experiencing "crazy things" in your games that wasnt there before.

What has that got to do with anything? Maybe a certain amount of people would but not a huge amount like this. Your post contributes absolutely nothing.

"On top of that we understand the FA are about to change the rules of the game, over at SI Towers where the Football Association meets, new rules affecting pitch conditions and ball use are sure to take their toll on us. So with a lot of uncertainty we prepare."

That's hilarious.

Read the thread, most people don't complain that their tactics aren't working. The complain about scoring too much goals or an incredible amounts of dribbles+crosses and some Defense errors (5 players marking 1 men)

None of which I'm experiencing...

Or maybe because you are happy that you win and do not care how you win. You know, there people who are not happy when they win because of ME exploit or bug.

I don't win, I'm Wolves and 12th in the Premiership. So that foils your presumption/generalisation/excuse.

If your tactic fails to work when a new ME is released, it will usually because it was (probably unintentionally) using a weakness in the engine which was addressed in the patch.

Not having a go but this is where I feel that it is a shame the way FM is going. If you lose games - It's your tactics.. If you win games often and well - It's "sometimes" considered that you are only winning because you have intentionally or unintentionally found a weakness in the ME. Then we get the links to wwfan's thread on how to set up a tactic that will work across any match engine and there seems to be my issue.

Don't get me wrong it's great that the likes of wwfan put their time and effort into helping others but at the same time it kind of suggests that you therefore can only really find a tactic that works if you follow the advice of someone that helped create the TC thus using his knowledge to create a tactic rather than trying various things yourself and if you stumble on a great tactic, even if it does unintentionally find an ME weakness at least it's down to you and your ideas rather than someone else's. It's akin to being stuck on another PC game and downloading someone else's walkthrough, it may well help you get through the game but it's by someone else's ideas.

The great thing about FM used to be the fact that you could tinker away and eventually get a set up that you were happy with. Ok some downloaded someone else's tactics but in many ways that's what the TC is. You may pick the roles but it's another persons ideas on how the sliders work etc that is the essence of all those tactics.

FM should be each to their own, individual ideas that sometimes work and sometimes don't but it will become a very boring game if we all start to base everything on one persons framework because it is considered "the right way to play it".

Once again I am not having a go at anyone just that this should be a game for all and all opinions matter.

One thing I realise changed in this update and I wish it to change back.

In the tactics->overview, the figure of formation become narrower than before, I really want it back, or even wider!(may be a slider to change width)

I am using a 21.5" iMac and that figure looks really strange, and the player's name in the box get compressed.

I noticed that as well. Been playing around with the resolution to no avail. Also anyone notice that you can no longer it seems see both match ratings and condition on the tactics screen? Before under "condition" you could see both.

If you are looking for a game where you can pick 1 tactic, pick your 11 best players and do nothing else, Fm isn't for you, and never has been.

Tbf that style has worked ok for Harry Redknapp for years IRL so it should be possible in the ultra real FM.

He wasn't talking about changing tactics to suit a ME, he was complaining that he might have to alter his tactics mid-game to counter any given situation.

And this is a feedback thread, to point out flaws in the ME, coming in to it to moan that he shouldn't have to alter tactics AT ALL has no place in the thread.

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about if you think the input of a manager begins and ends at the starting line-up and a formation. Being able to see what's going wrong, and having the ability to change it is probably the single most important aspect of a managers job, both in and out of game.

Oh certainly you -could- make changes throughout the match, but you shouldn't -have to-. That's the whole point. Both approaches (minor changes when necessary vs adjusting the tactic to counter the opponent's attacking and defensive tactical approach as a main strategy) are valid in real life and should therefore be valid in FM. As it appears now, most of those who have no problems with the new patch are using quite standard tactics (according to responses in this thread), so the real question is: what is tactically/realistically unsound about the tactics used by those to whom the new patch ruined their saves?

I am pointing out a general direction of the ME as it appears to me; a direction towards fewer and fewer tactical setups being "sound". In the end maybe we will have four different ones with a strategy change like in FM94? It surely looks like it, from what I have seen so far of 13.2.0, and I really dislike being hoarded around like sheep.

Quick feedback. Been playing 12, but as soon 13.2 comes out I updated and played a match, and certainly several things obviously rise as others already pointed out: 1. much more shooting, 2. full backs cutting in and players dribbling improved too much, 3. tackles improved (still too much as in 13.1.3 which I had then already warned about. you can just check out the number of tackles made in a real life match easily) 4. the scoreline is terrifying. 9-0 8-3 with 50+ shots and 38 on target (some feedback from players from an fm forum in my country)

So you don't:

- have increased shots

- have crazy scores in all competitions

- have Messi like runs

- have grouping defenders

etc?

Yes i have increased numbers of shots, everyone will, we knew that was coming, you didnt have to change anything in order for that to happen.

No i havent seen any crazy scores so far in the SPL, or in any of the european games i have kept a note of ( i keep a very close eye on how all scottish clubs do in europe)

I have one player who is dribbling too much, a left winger, but it hasnt lead to an increase in goals, he was my main provider pre-patch anyway, but he does average too many dribbles.

No have not seen a single instance of group defending that i can think of, nothing that stood out and made me say "OMG SI FIX IT".

My team plays much the same way except for the inforced ME changes like more shots, thats nothing to do with my tactics. I defend as well as i did before and i attack much the same.

It works for me every single year.

This year I am playing a 4-3-1-2 formation(no wingers).

5 years in with Tonbridge and 3 promotions,just missed out 4 straight promotions in the last game of the season,ended up in the play-offs and got beaten.

I use a few shouts in game when they are needed but I have not used a different tactic since I started playing this years release.

I basically do as you said,I pick the best 11 and stick to the tactic.

I have a backup tactic that the team does in training which is 4-1-3-1-1 but I have never used it.

Depends on how ''falis to work'' is understood. My tactics don't make sense anymore, because my team plays the exact opposite of what i tell them. I still win almost every match easily. I doubt that it used a weakness in the engine before because i didn't use any sliders and almost no individual instructions (only gave my central midfielder maximum creative freedom)

Not having a go but this is where I feel that it is a shame the way FM is going. If you lose games - It's your tactics.. If you win games often and well - It's "sometimes" considered that you are only winning because you have intentionally or unintentionally found a weakness in the ME. Then we get the links to wwfan's thread on how to set up a tactic that will work across any match engine and there seems to be my issue.

Don't get me wrong it's great that the likes of wwfan put their time and effort into helping others but at the same time it kind of suggests that you therefore can only really find a tactic that works if you follow the advice of someone that helped create the TC thus using his knowledge to create a tactic rather than trying various things yourself and if you stumble on a great tactic, even if it does unintentionally find an ME weakness at least it's down to you and your ideas rather than someone else's. It's akin to being stuck on another PC game and downloading someone else's walkthrough, it may well help you get through the game but it's by someone else's ideas.

The great thing about FM used to be the fact that you could tinker away and eventually get a set up that you were happy with. Ok some downloaded someone else's tactics but in many ways that's what the TC is. You may pick the roles but it's another persons ideas on how the sliders work etc that is the essence of all those tactics.

FM should be each to their own, individual ideas that sometimes work and sometimes don't but it will become a very boring game if we all start to base everything on one persons framework because it is considered "the right way to play it".

Once again I am not having a go at anyone just that this should be a game for all and all opinions matter.

I agree with you. Slowly but surely the simulation freedom is being taken away from the player with this extreme tweaks.

I have nothing against a proper playable default tactics or the tactic assistant but i would expect the possibility to decide how the team and the players should behave; this is not possible anymore when some instructions are already tuned (namely the shooting and running) and cannot be reversed.

Please:

- issue a proper guide to FM

- give the player the chance to mess up himself the tactics by making the sliders and pre set shouts work again.

- fix the throw ins: it's not possible to edit to get it right because when it works for defence it doesn't for attack

Hope having been constructive

Why don't SI just get rid of sliders altogether and commit fully to the TC?

Having sliders must make testing the Match Engine virtually impossible because of the thousands, possibly millions of combinations of tactics vs AI tactics. With sliders you can have extremes that don't make sense but they're the kind of things that exploit ME or flare up bugs more. They're also the kind of tactics that nobody would EVER play.

So you don't:

- have increased shots

- have crazy scores in all competitions

- have Messi like runs

- have grouping defenders

etc?

I have increased shots, but previous ME had not enough shots. Now it's more realistic. I don't have crazy scores in ANY competition. No Messi like runs, no grouping defenders.

Also, someone said that through-balls don't exist anymore. Interesting, because in my first match after update my team scored twice, both from through-ball.

I love the match engine, looks much more like actual football now.

My results on the whole haven't particularly fluctuated and I've been using a tactic which is a minor variation on tactics I have used over the last three iterations. Its not that my team is losing, but rather that I can lose in5-0 away then promptly win 8-1 at home without having a tactical change, different selection etc, playing a balanced possession based tactic, and in almost every game either one of my players or one of the oppositions will replicate Maradona's 1986 goal against England. As many have said, it feels much more of a crapshoot.

Then move to FIFA. I really don't think FM is for you as this kind of strategy is needed whilst wanted by most other players.

For me the new ME is a step backwards, back to the bad old days when you couldn't chase a game because if you changed your team's strategy to a more attacking one then you wouldn't get another chance in the entire match. Played 5 games with the new patch and in each case where I have changed the strategy from Standard to Attacking or Control no further chances have been shown for the whole game. I'm talking making these changes in the 60th-70th minute here, not for the last two or three.

Changing Strategy worked under 13.1.3, it doesn't seem to now.

Quite apart from that I've also noticed that my forward's accuracy seems to have markedly declined in tonight's play (with the new patch) as opposed to last night's play. Tackling seems to have dissapeared from this release also.

To be honest, i think you are wrong.

I dont have that problem, might be because i use the shouts. (Hopefully you know what shouts are)

If i tend to have a trouble scoring goals throughout the game, i do tend to switch my shouts into following, "Get ball forward" or "Pump ball into box". I also tried them

together, but im not sure if they work against each other, as the "Pump ball into box" means your players should ignore theyr instructions and just focus on getting the ball

into the opposition penalty area. But hey, please do try it. Another point is, do not adjust the player instructions. This is why we have shouts (shouts adjust the player instructions when you use them). Hope this is of any help. Post back if you start scoring goals in the closing minutes by use this shouts. I know i have had a success, well its all down to what sort of players you got. Tend to work best if you got fast players, or a tall strong target mann.. Anyway good luck,,

My plain and simple tactic with NO messing with any of the sliders Just suddenly turned to utter tripe. Having minimum of 3 clear cut chances from around 22 shots and scoring Zero. Yet the opposition get 1 ccc and score it with considerably worse players than me! Gerrard had 2 chances keeper made great saves, Suarez hit post from his other from which they zoom up opposite end and score with their only ccc (Swansea City fgs)

Needless to say I continued to play and tinkered with tactic just slightly.. Home against Spurs. 3-1 up against them with 10 minutes to go, Bale and Lennon are brought on and within that 10mins and few mins injury time they created 4 CCC and scored each, all from Bale and Lennon dribbling down wings crossing and needless to say my fullbacks enrique and johnson even with hard tackling and man marking literally just backed away from attempting a tackle!!

Needless to say I quit game.. What a shambles.. Why oh why did I spend £30 on this for even the most simplest of things like defending to not function in the way that it should do! When yr defender is not even attempting a tackle, and the wingers run for miles and miles with no one stopping them or attempting to ( In real life at least someone would pull them back, or take them down a.s.a.p)

I want a refund for this rubbish. Waste of time and money so far!

Not sure if I should post in this thread, or if this has already been raised - On 2 occasions, I've noticed that an assist has been allocated to the incorrect player, in my Liverpool save.

On the first occasion, Reina (from his box) cleared the ball out to Wellington Nem on the left wing. Nem dribbled the ball to the edge of the area then crossed in for Suarez to head home. Upon checking the player stats, I noticed the assist was given to Reina. I didn't think much of it until the next match when Gerrard,from the centre of midfield played, played a through ball to Nem on the left wing who then played a square ball to Suarez in the 6-yard box, who tapped home. The assist this time was given to Gerrard, who was hovering around the edge of the area nowhere near the action.

I probably would never have noticed this, other than the fact that I've been keeping an eye on Wellington Nem's assist stats, as he has been averaging around 1-assist per game.

Feel free to novate this to a more appropriate thread if necessary

Well I just played my first game on the new patch so I'm not saying either way whether this is my final opinion on it but I thought it was much better. I've started as Forest and I played Shrewsbury at home in the League Cup and I lost 1-0 but the ME was much more slick I thought. Even though I lost my players seemed much more intelligent and some of our passing and movement was fantastic. Playing a 4-3-1-2 tactic so a narrow midfield with no wingers and I really enjoyed watching it. We had 25 shots with 13 on target which at home to a team in a lower division is fine. Should have won 5-1 really but my players just couldn't finish. So amazingly despite losing to a poor team 1-0 at home I'm impressed. But obviously this is 1 game, very silly to judge it on that. I'm going to play half a season and report back.

Then move to FIFA. I really don't think FM is for you as this kind of strategy is needed whilst wanted by most other players.

Agree with MichaelBrown, FM is maybe a little to realistic for you. FIFA or FIFA manager might suite you better.

To be honest, i use to think before that you could make an super tactic that exploited the goal bugs in the ME. But now, you can be countered no matter what sort of

tactic you use. Just in real life. If you tend to only play wing play, the opposite manager will know this by scouting your clubs previus games and just counter your wing

play. What you gonna do then? Cry and say the game is ****? Come on, if you dont know football at all. Then FM is not the game for you. Its a little more then just kick the ball forward and run. Maybe why Norway is so bad international in football, and Portugal much better.

I got 2 questions.

1st Although i reckon the potential of this ME is far greater than the one on 12, and i understand the need to recreate it to fix all those corner exploits and super tactics, why are you simply not using the same mechanisms, as far as roles go, from 12? On 12 you'd only have these super dribbles comming from the likes of Hazard, Gotze, Neymar, etc. Why is this so hard to tune when you already had mechanisms that were fine?

2nd question is, who is testing this game? do they watch the matches? or they just do stress tests on holidays and watch statistics? I doubt there's anyone that knows football that would watch a match on FM and would say oh yeah this is perfectly realistic.

I know people don't like changes but i still think this patch might end up being a good thing, if fixed to be more moderate. I remember seeing Fabio Coentrão back in Benfica playing as a WB and he did cut inside and dribble the entire pitch, reason why Mourinho adapted him to Winger, the thing is this would happen once or twice per game if so, plus it's not your regular WB.

I do think if we are looking for realism, at the same time we need to have control of the players we also got to accept the fact that the players might sometime do things out of their roles, like what we are seeing now. If this things were rare, you'd be showing off how your WB got such a crazy play.

I also reckon the manager has little control now, i'm still adjusting my tactics but it seems no matter what i do the players are just too selfish for my tactic to work as i'd like, as it did before the patch.

There is absolutly no excuse tho' to whoever thought this patch was ready to release when it comes to marking and pressing, it's so wrong.. SO wrong.. I could live with a team filled with Messi's, i could even live with the fact that in 2 games Chelsea has 15 goals scored and 7 conceded, but the marking and pressing.. really brings me back to when i was a kid playing football with girls.

I understand how hard it sure is to tweak and mess with the engine, so SI is trying and hopefully they will soon succeed so i don't blame them, but i sure blame whoever does the tests because in two matches i already provided feedback here saying how pressing and marking seemed weird, and how everyone was dribbling like crazy. So whoever is testing the patches IF they are actually watching games, doesn't know the first thing about football.

Most of what I haver read in this thread has been unhelpful and not very constructive.

I have been following these issues with the game in great detail as not buying the game yet because of the match engine problems I have decided not to bother until there is a good positive feedback response.

So far it's most ramblings and useless stats to try and justify that the match engine is working to a standard level.

Way it seems to me this is a football manager live repeat where the match engine was always working progress and it was constantly chopped and changed where it got to the standards of FM11 & FM12 then now it's been re-written and it's in need of a long term fix and not a short term fix.

FM14 is looking more likely that there might be a more stable match engine and hoping the AI is improved as well because that seems to be a bigger issue than the match engine.

Going to give it sometime for FM13 to improve but in truth judging by what happened with the match engine in football manager live I know Paul C has a long road ahead to fix these issues.

Just an heads up to anyone who wanna try or do use the shouts. To make it work even better, do not temper with the player instructions. If you do so, some of the shouts

will be worthless as theyr instructions will not be implemented when you use this shouts.

Please dont hang me for this, but there is people here who do not know this. :p And for the record, using shout works better now then before.

So thank you SI for the new ME update.

a lot of chances/goal scoring opportunities are now created from the central midfield area. My midfielders will dribble and shoot or take long shots, and in most games, my striker would have less shots than my central midfielder (on AP). Now, I thought I just have to finetune it a little, so I changed the long shots to rare, and yet it is still happening. My striker, who was previously averaging 8.2, is now averaging 6.8 after the patch.

No fancy tactics or anything, just logical tactics of 5 midfielders supplying the ball to my super striker, and now they seem to take pleasure in not passing the ball to him.

Just to highlight my point about dribbling and scoring. Half the goals are solo goals

Aw19F.png

thanks for answer back! but i did not explain my self well. when i talk to the team before the game or at half time and there's no reaction i go for the individual talk and i start from the bottom and do all the players,say i tell the striker (there's no pressure on you tonight) there's no reaction then i tell the player above another striker the same thing but the (seemed relaxed) show's up in the other player box i tic before and so on. so whatever i say in the individual talk his allways the wrong player to react. thanks for your attencion.

Sorry but new patch is simply unacceptable.

It was something wrong with FM 2013 from the beginning.

FM 2012 ME was pure pleasure. Player had opportunity to see his influence on team performance during seasons.

FM 2013 ME with or without patch is huge step back.

But before last path was hardly playable - at least.

Now when one player is attacked by 5 opponents or every winger is able to dribble whole pitch - stopped to be playable.

As a bonus after new patch during motivation talk when manager is talkng to one player than somebody else is reacting.

What is this? Mini game "guess who do you talk"?

Enough is enough. I am comming back to FM 2012.

Feedback to ME 13.2: too much psychodelic for me.

Just to highlight my point about dribbling and scoring. Half the goals are solo goals

Aw19F.png

So if Real madrid plays against a second divison team, your saying solo goals will not be common to see in a match "Giant vs human"? If you can prove half this solo goals happens against every opponent then sure, ill agree SI have to tweak this a little better. But against a weaker team, and if you have skilled enough players compared to your opposition players you should be able to dribble and score solo goals, or lots of solo goals.

I remember in my younger days, when i was playing little league. My team won 12-0 and i scored 4 of them and assist all the other goals. The only reason i played this good was because the opposition was not as good as me. See my point? But ive also had bad days against weaker teams where ive not scored from solo goals but from team work. Oh and yes, some of the players on FM might also be low on team work? maybe a selfish player? That might count in?

Running some tests in a new season as manager of Man City in holiday mode.

Screenshots as of 1st Jan 2013

167mfx4.png

2pyx9fk.png

u5usy.png

2sb0hur.png

Dribbling: Averages are far too high. dyer with over 15 per match just as an example. In Spain the average is 4.89 for Mr Messi and in Scotland the average is 3.97. Why so high in England?

Tackling: Again, way too high. In no uncertain terms should they be getting anywhere near what this is showing. I raised this previous patch in the bugs forum, obviously they did not fix this.

Distance Covered: The average Premier League player runs 7 miles per match. 8-9 miles is simply way too high in these results. Interestingly, in Spain the avg distance is 6.2 miles for the top runner and in Scotland it's 6.3 miles. Again, why so high in England?

Results for Man City: 12 clean sheets in 17 matches, quite impressive, realistic? I'll let you be the judge of that. Lose 6-0 Away to Barcelona and then the very next match hammer Chelsea 7-0. Realistic? again, I'll let you be the judge of that. Chelsea had 6 bookings, 1 sent off in the 76 min, but the score was already 7-0 so there was nothing to make this crazy scoreline. We had 21 shots, 15 on target, 10 long shots, chelsea had 11 shots, 4 on target, 8 were long.

messi scored 5 goals in the 6-0 drubbing, Barcelona had 22 shots, 18 on target, 5 long shots, to our 2 shots and 0 on target. Messi also had 21 dribbles that match.

Just these simple tests show some glaringly obvious flaws within the game. It really does mystify me as to how the elite at SI Towers did not spot any of these out of proportion statistics.

Full season results to follow...

I understand that wwfan's thread provides tactics that utilise a set of instructions for what an attacking fullback or a wingback defend 'is' but these presets are values determined by someone, or committee, at SI and don't factually represent every possible variation in that position obviously. The idea that every attacking fullback or limited defender stopper or defensive playmaker support or inside forward defend, etc, etc. is defined by an SI employee's predetermination of what that positions characteristics are within 20 or so constraints is only plausible if you accept the limitation and the absurdity of including sliders within the game to micro-manage these characteristics.

better not tell Rashidi that he was having success only due to the fact that he was using a weakness in the engine :D

lol...I should put an updated results page now...its so sweet...all i do is "hey see that dude over that..the one that dribbles like Messi, now go tackle him HARD'..woot and Liverpool leave Marston Road with their tails between their legs as they endure 3 woodwork cracking attempts. Ah tis sweet to turn things around and go unbeaten in 9 matches since I went "bilardo"!

Archived