Since 13.1.3 - How's your enjoyment/team performance been?

Please rate your team performances/enjoyment!  

632 members have voted

1. 1. Please rate your team performances/enjoyment!

• I'm winning all the time and enjoying it
    • I'm winning all the time and it's okay
    • I'm winning all the time and I'm not enjoying it
    • I win some, I lose some and I enjoy it
    • I win some, I lose some and it's okay
    • I win some, I lose some and I'm not enjoying it
    • I'm losing a bit too often for my liking but I'm enjoying it
    • I'm losing a bit too often for my liking but it's okay
    • I'm losing a bit too often for my liking and I'm not enjoying it
    • I'm not even playing Football Manager 2013!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really playing FM13 at the moment, I just can't seem to get myself moivated to play past the first few months. I'm not blaming the game at all, I think it's just my disillusionment with the Man Utd team and English football in general which has kept me from commiting to a save.

Hopefully I'll either get over it or find someone else to manage soon. :/

I'm fine with losing by being outplayed. No, I'm really fine with it.

What really pissed me off is losing due to silly mistakes. FB clearing balls to opposing strikers/standing with the ball then getting dispossessed. CB standing around ball watching while opposing FW runs past. GK passes to CB who fails to trap the ball which leads to CCC for opponent.

All in all, the silly mistakes of my players is dampening my enjoyment of this game.

Im really enjoying this game.

Before the patch i was flying having got my FC United team into the EPL i finished 7th in my first season, and i was finding it a bit too easy to be honest, but now since the patch i am finding that i am losing many matches that I would definitely won before which is making it more of a challenge.

thumbs up so far!

I think the patch has greatly improved the game, for me at least. I had reverted to FM12 as I found the ME to be unacceptable and unbearable, but the patch seems to have improved it a lot. Good job (and this is something I do not often say :) )

With Truro, started with Sunday League rep and with the club the way it was (in admin and only 8 fit players) at the beginning of the season expected it to be harder as wanted a proper challenge in this FM as normally do well in previous versions and havenever been sacked. I wanted a proper challenge to make it as hard as it could be However,

bluesquarebetsouthoverv.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have therefore voted winning all the time and its ok, even though I am enjoying it I just wish it was harder and more of a challenge.

It maybe that I have played the game too long and know how to crack it

Ten games in I've got a 100% win rate: I'm slightly worried it may be too easy but I should have won the pre-season friendlies comfortably anyway and the league matches have been against fairly weak teams too. I'll know more when I've played a couple of top teams.

Noticed a mod linked to this as evidence of the majority enjoying the game... Just to note the statistics as of now when tallied are:

Total:

Enjoy = 192

Okay = 72

Not enjoying it = 105

Not playing it = 37

Even disregarding the "meh" votes and the "i'm not playing" votes, the difference is a mere 87 votes. On an pro-SI site, that's pretty poor in my opinion. Can we not declare these votes as gospel and note that until it's running away in the polls here (with its predominant bias in favour) and other sites (more neutral/against) that the game is quite frankly split down the middle. Cheers mods. -_-

Noticed a mod linked to this as evidence of the majority enjoying the game... Just to note the statistics as of now when tallied are:

Total:

Enjoy = 192

Okay = 72

Not enjoying it = 105

Not playing it = 37

Even disregarding the "meh" votes and the "i'm not playing" votes, the difference is a mere 87 votes. On an pro-SI site, that's pretty poor in my opinion. Can we not declare these votes as gospel and note that until it's running away in the polls here (with its predominant bias in favour) and other sites (more neutral/against) that the game is quite frankly split down the middle. Cheers mods. -_-

Polls on here indicate only that hardly anybody bothers to vote :D but anyway as the game has sold hundreds of thousands of copies already the infinitesimal numbers that frequent these forums are no guide to anything tbh.

only gripe is that weak teams over perform too often, it should be exceptional but it's almost routine.

Same as above...

If I get ahead and score, it's a struggle to keep ahead. And more often than not, I'm losing in the final 20 minutes of every match.. highly frustrating and a little jarring, but still enjoying the game as I always do.

Just think the game needs a bit of work on the attacking front and we'll be sorted, the football being played on the screen is beautiful.

Same here. Except I don't really enjoy it. Whenever I play against a weaker team I feel like I am the underdog, while the opponents are experienced, iron-willed, cold-blooded catenaccio players who just need a single chance to score and laugh at my childish attempts to build an attacking play.

I don't think it has (or should have) much to do with tactics, but rather with confidence, pressure, man management, and actual ability of the players. Smaller teams are "by default" nervous and intimidated, bigger teams may be overconfident and lazy, so it's their manager's job to keep calm the former and keep focused the latter. And in the end, better players will make the difference in the long run.

This doesn't happen in the game, and it's annoying because there's nothing you can do. I mean, nothing logical you can do.

where do i start have brought the game every year since i was 18 now 40 and so addicted to the series .like to know how you guys are winning i keep getting sacked with liverpool ,they are very patient , but i keep coming back to this game .realy do love it sitting here on the laptop while the misses is watching crap on telly.lol wish i was losing on the players i had not with the tactics i use..this is better than sex .. how do u do it standard fan , but why am i losing so much money in tax and none football cost

Unfortunately, the number of shots has decreased drastically. Before the patch, with my tactics I used to get 15-25 shots per match (as always in FM), but now I can barely get 5-10 :/

I guess its time to go back to Fm12.... Im not sure why it feels so different but the main point is that im not having fun....

I dont have to win every game.. i dont have to score 4 goals every game... you know

now i cant score/win at all... but still the other team scores from the few changes they get every time? Im not sure why my players act like amateurs sometimes... I feel like i need to tell all the players their next move... cant they do anything themself? if theres attacker with ball running between you and other defender....forget what i told u and stop him? no?

Shame really...but maybe the future patches will change something? or this is just not the game for me....

Playing as Southampton, after a disaster of a first half season it went well in second half. Second season have been above expectation and are on 3th place after 27 matches.

The enjoyment are a bit less after latest patch tho, due to less chances. Hoping it's something being looked on so it can be adjusted abit.

Only played two months but feel like a passenger. The UI feels more complicated than it needs and I don't really like the set up of the reports and player 'personal' screens. Looks all over the place and no real structure. I preferred the easy set up of previous games.

Tbh after playing a few seasons I'll get used to it but atm the setup feels messy.

ME wise, goalkeepers seem poor, and defenders animations are somewhat lacking. I can't explain how my fullback just stands there for ages, waiting for the winger to tackle him and take the ball away to create a goal.

Defenders really struggle to defend crosses, maybe due to the new type of crosses in the game eg. Low driven crosses. They either misjudge it or it hits off them into my goal. Will need to play more though to increase the sample size.

Hardly any enjoyment tbh, playing as Liverpool and always pretty much been losing to the teams which are placed between 16 to 20th in the table. Every single time, then next weekend of fixtures see them losing to teams that are lower than me. Makes no sense to me at all.

Bought Ba from Newcastle and he performs very well in Europe but in the league, doesn't even begin to play as well...no consistency and no I don't really change the tactics that much between the league matches and Europa matches.

Also fixtures are a mess. Especially in December period but that seems natural, but annoying but also outside of the Christmas period there are still some messes.

Also training system sucks tbh, was much better in last year's version. Match prep is fine but the whole system being based on that, I don't like it that much.

E.g. As Liverpool, playing on Thursday and then playing again on Saturday. Makes no sense.

Get a screenie of that and post it in the bugs forum, AFAIK if your team plays a European tie on the Thursday, your next league game will always be the Sunday.

was enjoying my season top of the table 7 points clear with 9 games to go only to lose 7 , draw 1 and win 1 after updating to latest patch , complete meltdown, ended up 3rd playing as Arsenal.

All the enjoyment gone in a flash.

What I found was I seemed to be getting caught on the break a lot , my team was set as control/balanced so it employed a high defensive line.

I'm doing well due to a carefully built superior team in my seventh season but it's the crippling injuries that are somewhat getting me down as of late. They are seriously hindering my player development as some guys get injured so often and they have never been injury prone before the update. It's not even your own matches either. Internationals seem to beat up what is left of your squad also.

You should be able to nickname it injury manager 13

Not really enjoying it atm now. After starting off the first month looking like promotion contenders, one injury and 1 of my players being away on international duty has lead my team to becoming relegation candidates. Seriously, what the hell? This game is getting frustrating as hell, it doesn't matter what I do, I've looked at the scouting reports of my opposition, highlighted the key players, found out when they score/ concede, found out what tactics they don't play well against and I'm still losing. My team seem motivated after every team talk or 'seem composed' but yet when it comes to around the 80th min they play like they've never played together before, can't string a pass together and leak goals left, right and center.

Ok now i can see that the majority of the users playing the game are actually enjoying it as its everything normal with it.

Honestly i didn't expect that result and im very disappointed because it clearly shows that the FM gamers (based on what the majority voted) find the game normal plus they enjoy it. What do you actually enjoy about this ME? It's pretty much like saying to the devs that the game is alright and leaving as it is (no updates) we are not going to complain at all. FFS people, those who voted that they enjoy it, are you freaking blind or anything?

I'm losing FAR too often for my liking and I'm not enjoying!

I'm sick to death of the updates changing the whole principle of the game. I build a tactic with great success and so buy players (wingers) to suit that tactic. Update arrives and suddenly all the theories behind my previous tactic have gone out of the window so I have to start again. I build a second tactic which again proves successful but uses different players (no wingers). I change players to suit and guess what? Another update arrives and once again I have to start from scratch. It's not as if these are subtle changes and slight different results to prior to the updates. I've gone from top of the league 7 points clear and on a 22 match unbeaten run to 3rd in the league and knocked out of 2 cups only 8 games later.

FARCE!

It's making building a squad impossible and making me stop wanting to play a game I've played since moving away from sensible world of soccer in the 90's!

Playing as Vauxhall Motors in my 5th Season in League 2, each season bought a couple of players to improve the squad and I was doing well, new patch comes along last week and its impossible to win. What I noticed.

-20 mins to go 3 nil up and other team manages to score 2 goals in quick succession despite tightening up Def/Very rigid. (happened to be honest a few times in the previous version but more frequent now..

-Strikers are prone to missing one on ones even though I only buy strikers with a composure rating of 12 and over...

-AI seems to let me win more away games then home...

-I always seem to end up with strikers who can't score in to empty goals despite them being to good for the league their in.

-I look at scout report and decide if where I should attack down the wings, through the middle, nothing seems to work and the other team stops me playin despite them leaking goals through these areas.

-Practice Def Set pieces and seem to leak in goals through that area even if the opposition striker has a heading of 5 and jumping of 6. (There was a lot of Goals where the AI lobbed the ball in to the area and the striker managed tto header it.

-Also how is it possible for players with Long shot rating of 6 to score goals?

-Dominate possession yet end product is a joke and AI seems to score for fun...

Not enjoying it at all after the new patch due to each game having to tweak tactics to try and win against an AI that scores with ease, doesn't need much shots on target and bottom league teams play like Premier league sides...

I'm wining a bit to much for my liking, and the game is still way to easy, my team still suffer an unrealisticaly low amount of injuries (and keepers still never get injured in match), currently siting on top of the league, 30 games in with Stoke in my first season of fm13

that said I still enjoy playing the game

Seeing the injury rate increased would be enough for me to give up on FM for the next 2-3 years. I've had enough of them in FM12 and enough is enough. Especially with the way injuries affect players in FM. It was ridiculous, I'm glad it was addressed and I don't want to see that "realism" getting back again. Sorry,but I don't find realistic getting 1-5 injuries every second match.

I went for "I'm losing a bit too often for my liking and I'm not enjoying it", but that was straight after a losing a game.

Should have counted to 10 first.

My calm answer would be "I'm losing a bit too often for my liking but it's okay".

In previous FM's I would try different tactics until I found one that fitted my team and would then tweak as the seasons rolled on.

I always play Arsenal and with the latest patch I have played 7 different games and quit it after 20 matches simply because the team even though are comfortable with the tactic go on a several match losing and drawing streak before winning a couple and then back again.

I have tried 4-4-2, 4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1 (no wingers), 4-3-3 (wingers), 4-3-3 (no wingers), 4-5-1, 3-2-3-2.

My next game is going to be with a 4-2-3-1 (wingers). Why? Because when I look at opposition tactics (Real Madrid, Man Utd, Chelsea) they all play 4-2-3-1 with success.

Maybe too early to say, but at the moment this is the toughest FM to date for me.

standard fm affair for me, randomly your world beating tactics stop working because the cheating ai has 'figured them out'

all of a sudden u save the game on a high and reload it to find your team has become crap and theres nothing u can do about it

i was enjoying the game and felt like i was making good decisions and changing games etc, now it's just feeling like the ai is screwing me over like in fifa/nba 2k13 etc

standard fm affair for me, randomly your world beating tactics stop working because the cheating ai has 'figured them out'

all of a sudden u save the game on a high and reload it to find your team has become crap and theres nothing u can do about it

i was enjoying the game and felt like i was making good decisions and changing games etc, now it's just feeling like the ai is screwing me over like in fifa/nba 2k13 etc

The AI doesn't figure out your tactics, it adjusts its own according to your rep, form, and recent results, so if you're doing well it'll try to be harder to beat.

Dont know what it is about this years version, but I am not enjoying it as much as 12, tactics wise i have tried all sorts from 4-3-3 with wingers and fluid to 3-5-2 and rigid (with alot in between aswell) all of this was done as arsenal with international footballer past experience.

Results are what annoy me the most, i go from playing superb 1 game in CL to being beaten 5-1 at home at norwich in the next, watching the games it appears as any long punt forward or any cross from the wings by AI results in a goal, no matter which formation i have active at the time.

Also another thing thats ruining my enjoyment is the unrealistic transfer market, i am seeing a huge amount of top players all transfer listed by request (neymar, falcao, rooney???, lewandowski) to name a few.

And the last downside for me is the revamp to classic screen view in matches, no matter how i fiddle with settings i cannot get it to be the same as it was in 12 which was perfect imo

On the plus side Director of football is a great addition and certainly makes developing youngsters and getting rid of deadwood less time consuming.

I realize that thread is about experience since patch, but since i havent really been enjoying the game so far, post patch is about as much time as i have played.

I went for "not enjoying it" which is a reflection on the unrealistically poor pass completion rates, the lack of shots, the fact that my players don't know that you're supposed to be goalside to defend, the poor goalkeeping at the near post, the shocking set piece defending, the fact my players hold on to the ball too long to make it look like closing down now works, the suspicion I have that the sliders have little effect now and the match engine is interpreted on the TC settings only, the fact that teamtalks are still too important, unmarked fullbacks standing still with the ball for over a minute and because I just drew a game 1-1 despite battering the opposition... ok the last one isn't serious but the preceding ones are.

This is slightly disingenuous though as I still love the game and play it every day but the match engine is really in need of improvement in my opinion. Any match engine which forces Lionel Messi's pass completion down to 63% in order to overcome other problems can't be a good thing to be honest.

I'm playing the game regularly but I think it could/should be better, the last patch fixed something (poor defending in the last third) but doing that unbalanced the game in other areas:

• passing ratio is too low, artificially low I'd say, players misplace passes without being marked or under pressure
  • body language is a joke, every 30 seconds my players (while they're playing) send me different, random and contradictory signs (anxious, then motivated, then wounded, then confident, then anxious once again) am I the only one to manage a schizophrenic bunch of players?
  • lack of shots

13.1.3 was a patch that changed too many sensible areas of the ME, as a result we have a game that is less balanced and less enjoyable than its previous version, of course it's not about losing or winning, it's about how we win and how we lose, realism matters.

I have had to go back to 12

Far to slow in between process screens ,really cant get to grips with the match engine at all

Has the makings to be a good game but i feel there has to be more patches going forward and dont really see why i have to pay £30 for a broken game

Anyway having fun back on 12

completely ruined it for me, started 4 new saves and not got past December in any of them, tactics, team talks, injuries, transfers, players attitudes all changed for the worse

wouldn't mind but one of the reasons I bought a new laptop was to play fm13 and its virtually unplayable for me

I honestly cant get into the game, ive tried but i just cant get past a few seasons and the skin honestly hurts my eyes, I feel that im just not interested in FM 13 and ive gone back to FM 12 for now, have 10 days off over xmas so im going to try to wrap my head around it and enjoy the darned thing :)

'I'm losing a bit too often for my liking and I'm not enjoying it'

I've never had so much diffuculty with a new version of FM. I've almost finished my second season with arsenal and will almost definitely get sacked. Last season I finished 8th and this season will probably finish 8th or 9th. In my 12 years of playing FM, I've never had such poor finishes with Arsenal as I'm having now.

I just don't understand the new game and it's really frustrating me. I can't get my tactics right, can't score enough goals and can't build up any consistency. This combined with the new UI which I'm not a huge fan of, is really affecting my enjoyment of the game.

I've thought about going back to FM12 but think I'll try to struggle on with FM13 for a bit longer.

Archived