Nation: England

Division: Championship or League 1

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): Doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: Some

Wage Budget: Some

Finances: At least Okay

Other: I actually want a team with which I can play a '3 in the back' formation. Is there any team in championship or in league 1 with good wing backs and enough depth in center back position?

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Division: Championship or League 1

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: Some

Wage Budget: Some

Finances: At least Okay

Other: I actually want a team with which I can play a '3 in the back' formation. Is there any team in championship or in league 1 with good wing backs and enough depth in center back position?

Bournemouth. Squad good enough for promotion and ideal for 352 (or certainly for 3 x CB and wing back's). Daniels is a superb LWB and if you want a better RWB you can get one cheaply or on loan (Francis and Cook are OK there anyway). If you don't fancy the CB's or want to add one, again it can be done cheaply or on loan. You also have a variety of good options in midfield and reasonable strikers, but do recall Wes Thomas from loan at the start - worth his weight in gold (and goals).

Hull & Napoli as mentioned above do play 352 but I don't know if the game makes them better at it?

Nation: France, Germany, Spain and Netherlands. Open to other European countries as long as they fit the 'other' criteria

Division: Top division

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Don't mind loans or debt as long as its sustainable/not too big monthly payments

Other: I'm looking for a club with potential and one or two interesting players whom I can build my team around. Another preference I have are clubs with big derbies (this isn't necessary though). Teams I've already been and enjoyed very much are Roma and Feyenoord, something similar would be nice.

Nation: France, Germany, Spain and Netherlands. Open to other European countries as long as they fit the 'other' criteria

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Don't mind loans or debt as long as its sustainable/not too big monthly payments

Other: I'm looking for a club with potential and one or two interesting players whom I can build my team around. Another preference I have are clubs with big derbies (this isn't necessary though). Teams I've already been and enjoyed very much are Roma and Feyenoord, something similar would be nice.

France - Toulouse, St.Etienne.

Germany- Gladbach, HSV, Hannover.

Spain - Real Sociedad.

Italy - Sampdoria - Icardi, Pedro, Poli, Palombo, nuff said.

Nation: England preferably

Division: League One or lower

European Competition: n/a

Media Prediction: dont mind

Board Expectation(s): dont mind

I normally go top league, or sometimes one below, but have never really had a really succesfull game with a lower level team. Looking for a team with enough money to strengthen and a good youth system too. I'm not skilled enough in the lower leagues to take on too big of a challenge I dont think! Just a decent wedge of money and some good youngsters for a platform to build on would be perfect. Possibly a fallen giant style team.

Brentford, around £100K in transfer budget and some very food (championship level) players in Simon Moore (GK) Jake Bidwell (LB on loan for the season from Everton) Adam Forshaw (CM) and Harry Forrester (AMC/R/L)

Division: Prem or Championship

European Competition: Dont Care

Media Prediction: Poor, Crap Team as well preferably

Transfer Budget: Cushty amount considering who they are

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: Any

Other: Good Facilities, Good Tutors

I want to be able to bring in loads of youngsters and turn a club around. Southampton would be perfect if there team wasnt so good.

Division: Prem or Championship

European Competition: Dont Care

Media Prediction: Poor, Crap Team as well preferably

Transfer Budget: Cushty amount considering who they are

Wage Budget: As above

Other: Good Facilities, Good Tutors

I want to be able to bring in loads of youngsters and turn a club around. Southampton would be perfect if there team wasnt so good.

Prem: QPR, Swansea, Fulham, Reading

Championship: Leeds, Brighton are a decent shouts

Not sure about there finances though

Prem: QPR, Swansea, Fulham, Reading

Championship: Leeds, Brighton are a decent shouts

Not sure about there finances though

Let me cut your work short and present a save. Its 29 Dec 2012 in game and Leeds have >10M txr kitty to build on their crapy team. Here is the link

Nation: England.

Division: Championship to League Two.

European Competition: None.

Media Prediction: 10-18.

Board Expectation(s): Mid-table.

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Wage Budget: With something to spare.

Finances: Preferably not in debt.

Other: I'd like a team who's neither a promotion nor relegation candidate with a decent youth setup which would help me steadily build a strong club.

Nation: Any

Division: Top or 2nd

European Competition: Maybe

Media Prediction: Bottom Half if Top Div

Board Expectation(s): Higher or even to Media

Transfer Budget: Very Small if any

Wage Budget: Tight if not over by a lot

Finances: Massive debt or quite poor

Other: A fallen giant or a team with a realistic city to grow in to a top football club. A club that needs rebuilding or one that can be built to the top.

Nation: England.

Division: Championship to League Two.

Media Prediction: 10-18.

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Finances: Preferably not in debt.

Other: I'd like a team who's neither a promotion nor relegation candidate with a decent youth setup which would help me steadily build a strong club.

Not a surprising suggestion, but Crewe fit that perfectly. And they have a good, active thread.

Not a surprising suggestion, but Crewe fit that perfectly. And they have a good, active thread.

I knew someone would suggest them, unfortunately I'm not really keen on managing them. I'm open to more suggestions.

I guessed you might have already considered them.

Perhaps (CH) Middlesbrough (L1) Walsall or Tranmere (L2) Plymouth?

Crystal Palace, 200k budget, 45k wage budget to spend and board are happy with mid-table. Also some good youth players coming through as well, Johnny Williams total class.

Nation: Spain/Italy

Division: Lower than Serie B/Liga Adelante

Media Prediction: Top 8

Transfer Budget: Decent enough for division

Finances: Preferably not in debt but not too fussed.

Other: I'd like a team in the lower leagues of Italy or Spain who have a good chance of getting through the leagues quickly. Don't mind managing in the lowest divisions possible but want to try and get to Serie A/La Liga asap.

:thup:

I guessed you might have already considered them.

Perhaps (CH) Middlesbrough (L1) Walsall or Tranmere (L2) Plymouth?

Crystal Palace, 200k budget, 45k wage budget to spend and board are happy with mid-table. Also some good youth players coming through as well, Johnny Williams total class.

I'll consider these options, cheers. :thup:

Division: bottom of prem, championship, league one

Media Prediction: bottom half prem, any for others

Board Expectation(s): Bottom half of prem, any for others.

Wage Budget: Don't mind.

Other: I'd like a team with a young squad with potential to build them up as a force. Need someone with a young squad to build on, I prefer to make gradual changes. Preferably championship but will consider other leagues as above. Not derby, already been them.

Nation: European except the UK

Division: Top

European Competition: Doesnt matter

Media Prediction: Doesnt matter

Board Expectation(s): Doesnt matter

Transfer Budget: A few million, 4-5 (€) (or more LOL)

Wage Budget: Under control

Finances: secure

Other: i always grab a continental rep club with great youth facilities and aim to take the club to great hights with only national players. I've done this with Ajax, Porto and Sporting Lisbon so rule them out.

Tl,dr: european continental rep club outside the UK with excellent youth facilities and secure finances!

EDIT: chose inter milan

Nation: European except the UK. Not particularly fussed about the country.

Division: Outside top division

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Top half

Transfer Budget: A bit of money to spend, not necessarily loads.

Wage Budget: Again, a bit of space to spend

Finances: Decent

Other: Looking for a European game to get into where I can build an already relatively decent sized club up to championship winners after my last save corrupted

Nation: European except the UK. Not particularly fussed about the country.

Division: Outside top division

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Top half

Transfer Budget: A bit of money to spend, not necessarily loads.

Wage Budget: Again, a bit of space to spend

Finances: Minimum secure

Other: Looking for a European game to get into where I can build an already relatively decent sized club up to championship winners after my last save corrupted

Try French Ligue 2. There are a few teams that meet your expectations, Monaco, Auxerre or Lens being the ones off the top of my head.

Nation: Any European country besides Spain, England, Germany, Italy

European Competition: Eventually doesnt matter, but this will be key later on

Media Prediction: Mid table

Board Expectation(s): Mid Table

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in a few youngsters, bargain players

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in a few youngsters, bargain players, free signings

Other: My main objective would be to pick a mid table club from the top division of any other country besides the ones mentioned above. I dont even want Championship teams, because once you qualify you can attract the best players and at some point it will be very easy to win. I wish to develop the team to eventually challenge for the top slot in that division. But the main goal is David & Goliath battles in Europe be it CL or Europa. I enjoyed a save like this in a previous edition of FM. Played with Hibs. First challenge was toppling Rangers and Celtic as the top team in Scotland. After that it was a heck of a struggle taking on big teams in Europa and CL. But with the right tactics i could spring a surprise or two. That was a very satisfying save-beating big teams in very competitive dog fights. The best i did in CL was Quarter Finals, and in Europa Semis. I bet i could have progressed further if i continued the save. I didnt have star players but good enough guys to compete in Europe. What was fun about that save was the Scottish league still remained fairly competitive after 4-5 seasons. I was the top team in Scotland, but i still faced competition from Rangers, Celtic. Anyone can suggest any nation, league and club?

I like your ideas. How about France? Nice & St Etienne perhaps.

Austria, Portugal, Belgium & Holland would have a few clubs like that, but I'm not sure if the 'mid-table' part is too little for the likes of Rapid Vienna & Feyenoord? If so, there are a few others a bit lower down than them in their respective countries that might tempt you.

Jogo Bonito suggested Feyenoord and I strongly advise you to go there also. I did 5 seasons there and built a strong young team from my own academy and from buying other youngsters. The league is very competitive - I only won it twice in 5 seasons with Ajax and PSV giving me tough competition. Europe was a challenge as well, I think I only got to round of 16/maybe quarter finals. Definitely seems to fit what you're looking for.

I know you said no to Spain, but you're looking for Real Sociedad. They fit everything. Plus they have a great core of young potential big stars in the team. Martinez in defence, Pardo, Illieramendi Griezmann in midfield, and Carlos Vela in attack. No transfer to start but lots of wages. In my first season I signed nobody, and finished third behind the big two. There is plenty of competition too in the likes of Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico and Athletic. My favourite save for a long time.

Grasshopper are my suggestion - formerly the biggest team in Switzerland (still hold the record for most titles won) now nothing to take notice of really. From Zurich so have the ability to attract enough fans to help establish themselves again (plus the fourth biggest stadium which they share with Zurich). Finished a lowly 8th last season in the league (there's only 10 teams in the Swiss Super League). Making them big again, getting past Basel, Young Boys and city-rivals Zurich FC and then challenging in Europe would be difficult and exciting. That's my suggestion. They haven't won the Swiss Super League for 10 years now so that'd be your priority, winning that.

No idea how they are financially but they'd definitely be an interesting save to manage.

Grasshoppers is a good suggestion actually. Another thing is in game at least they have one of the best youth set ups in the division plus Zuber, Abrashi and Hajrovic can turn in to top players for that level so that is a big help until good regens start filtering through. In fact i've just come on here to ask for a suggestion for a distraction from my career save for a while and think i'm going to do this :D

Division: bottom of prem, championship, league one

Media Prediction: bottom half prem, any for others

Board Expectation(s): Bottom half of prem, any for others.

Wage Budget: Don't mind.

Other: I'd like a team with a young squad with potential to build them up as a force. Need someone with a young squad to build on, I prefer to make gradual changes. Preferably championship but will consider other leagues as above. Not derby, already been them.

Try Blackburn. They have some really good home grown talent all about 16-19 Rittenberg, Cotton, Henley, R.Hanley, G Hanley, Lowe and Edwards to name a few.

Nation:Europe.. not england.italy,spain and germany.

Division: middleteam in top or second division

European Competition: ---

Media Prediction: middle

Board Expectation(s): doesent matter

Transfer Budget: little if i need new blood directly..

Wage Budget: not over

Finances: Ok

Other: Need someone with a young squad to build on.. thats can count on own pruducts from youth academy..

Other: Need someone with a young squad to build on.. thats can count on own pruducts from youth academy..

Scotland: Hibbs, Dundee Utd

Red Star Belgrade fits the youth but more of a top 2 side. So a wild card for you.

Want to manage Sporting CP but i have some doubt about competitiveness of portuguese Liga ZON SAGRES in long-term period. Will it be so easy to win league after 2-3 seasons?

The best thing about Portugal is that due to only playing 30 league games, It's hard to build a massive gap between you and your opponents so every match needs to be won :)

I found Sporting incredibly easy on FM12 - my target was to try and win in European which I failed to accomplish after three seasons (furthest I got was the Quarter-Finals, twice, first time failing to Real Madrid (understandable) and the second time losing to Shakhtar Donetsk because I underestimated their away form after a 2-2 draw in Ukraine, but they battered me 3-1 in Portugal).

I won the league in all three seasons, by varying distances, the highest being 12 points, the lowest being two. It's worth a go but don't be surprised if it's too easy for you. In Ricky van you have one of the best strikers in the game after a few years of solid development. Tore defences to pieces.

Shakter Soligorsk of the Berlarus League is a good challenge toppling Bate and challenging in Europe. Had a save with them on last FM. Toppled Bate. And some great results in Europe, beat Juventus and Bayern over two legs in Europa league to reach Semi Final. Managed to add one and half stars to the league with my performances in Europe.

I found Sporting incredibly easy on FM12 - my target was to try and win in European which I failed to accomplish after three seasons (furthest I got was the Quarter-Finals, twice, first time failing to Real Madrid (understandable) and the second time losing to Shakhtar Donetsk because I underestimated their away form after a 2-2 draw in Ukraine, but they battered me 3-1 in Portugal).

I won the league in all three seasons, by varying distances, the highest being 12 points, the lowest being two. It's worth a go but don't be surprised if it's too easy for you. In Ricky van you have one of the best strikers in the game after a few years of solid development. Tore defences to pieces.

Although, if, like me, you use the editor and set Van Wolfswinkel to be leaving to Norwich at the end of the season it adds a little twist to it :D

Nation: Dutch Jupiler League

Media Prediction: Continental Qualification

Board Expectation(s): Continental Qualification

Transfer Budget: decent

Wage Budget: decent

Other: Leaning towards either Groningen or Vitesse. The former due to a decent young squad to build on.The latter due to Georgian money of course. Looking for a nice long save after a long hiatus from FM.

Nation: Dutch Jupiler League

Media Prediction: Continental Qualification

Board Expectation(s): Continental Qualification

Transfer Budget: decent

Wage Budget: decent

Other: Leaning towards either Groningen or Vitesse. The former due to a decent young squad to build on.The latter due to Georgian money of course. Looking for a nice long save after a long hiatus from FM.

Heerenveen? Very young squad with a lot of the players having lots of potential, beautiful kit and a few helpful players on loan with El Ghannassy and Zuiverloon :)

Archived