FM13 What team should I be!

Purefun

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want a team that can be possible to go to premier in the first season.

Notthingham have a good team, but it's easy to go to premier in 1st season? I don't like the fact that they don't have any young talent... :(

The Championship is such a strong league, that most of the sides have a chance of promotion. Forest are one of them. They do have one really good young player. Jamaal Lascelles.

Nation: England, Germany, Turkey,

Division: Top 2.

European Competition: Not neccesary.

Media Prediction: Mid-Table

Board Expectation(s): Respectable Position.

Transfer Budget: Something to work with.

Wage Budget: Workable.

Finances: Not bothered.

Other: I had a good game with Stoke in FM12 which lasted up until I got sacked 8 years in. I would like a team in a similar vein but I fancy going through the playoffs (maybe?). So far I've struggled to get into a game in 13, I've tried journeymans, top clubs and nothing has pulled me in yet so I'd like a long term game/club to with.

Other: I had a good game with Stoke in FM12 which lasted up until I got sacked 8 years in. I would like a team in a similar vein but I fancy going through the playoffs (maybe?). So far I've struggled to get into a game in 13, I've tried journeymans, top clubs and nothing has pulled me in yet so I'd like a long term game/club to with.

Nottingham Forest

Nation: England

Division: North/South

European Competition: no

media prediction: any

board expectations: any

Transfer budget: any

wage budget: any

finances: any

other: looking for a long term save and a club that has potential to eventually be an EPL team. I like to play a 4-5-1 with wingbacks.

any suggestions would be great.

Nation: England

Division: North/South

other: looking for a long term save and a club that has potential to eventually be an EPL team. I like to play a 4-5-1 with wingbacks.

too many expectations for a BSS/BSN team.

Other: I had a good game with Stoke in FM12 which lasted up until I got sacked 8 years in. I would like a team in a similar vein but I fancy going through the playoffs (maybe?). So far I've struggled to get into a ga.me in 13, I've tried journeymans, top clubs and nothing has pulled me in yet so I'd like a long term game/club to with.

West Ham is good long term save & rebuilding job. If you cancel most or all of the loan deals you get a budget adjustment for a healthy enough transfer fund to allow purchases such as Strandberg, Hagen, Vossen, Helenius, Jenssen, etc.

Not going to talk about England because the choices are obvious, but in Germany the comparable teams are probably;

B.1

Hannover

Frankfurt

Mainz

Stuttgardt are another shout but they are pretty rich.

B.2

Koln

Kaiserslauten

1860 Munchen

Dresden

Cottbus

The last 2 have good wage manouverability, while Hertha are another shout but they have no wage freedom.

I don't manage in Turkey so no idea about that.

finances are fine butt.

without cl football im getting 10mil+ budgets to strengthen each season and if you do qualify its even more. think the combined monthly out goings for the 2 loans are like 200k a month.

sponsorships go up each season too, depensing on success. new tv deal has upped from 21mil to 30 odd by 2014/2015

key players dont ask for big wage hikes which helps alot.

in one save i had a new stadium by season 4 or 5.

*have never been forced to sell anyone. watch if you do sell vela as arsenal retain a 50% stake in the transfer fee.

Alot of them release fees which are quite low compared to most

only guy ive ever had poached in about 10 combined seasons over diffrent saves was a regen to madrid for 30mil.

didnt tend to get much interest in the main guys. guess as they all love the club others dont try to sign them?

i had one or two ask about moving to bigger clubs but with the chat options you can talk them into staying 2 seasons to match their ambitions of chamions league football.

for the durations of the contracts that you start with i think you will be fine. just look to up the minimum fee release come renewal time.

*martinez, griez, angel (can sign for 2.6mil), irramendi (sp) and pardo all develop really well. the latter does have injury issues though as he is very weak physically.

Nation: England or maybe other european leagues

Division: L1 and below/2nd division or lower in other countries

Media prediction: Any

Board expectations: Any

Transfer budget: Any

Wage budget: Any

Finances: Any

Ive never really done a lower league save to prem or the same type of save in other countires before and would really like to get into one but cant decide on a team. I had a save with Crewe a few weeks back, but lost interest, thanks for any suggestions given

Nation: England or maybe other european leagues

Division: L1 and below/2nd division or lower in other countries

Media prediction: Any

Board expectations: Any

Transfer budget: Any

Wage budget: Any

Finances: Any

Ive never really done a lower league save to prem or the same type of save in other countires before and would really like to get into one but cant decide on a team. I had a save with Crewe a few weeks back, but lost interest, thanks for any suggestions given

Apart from Crewe, Pompey is a unique challenge. But I enjoyed a fantastic pre-update save with Gillingham, and a good post-patch game with Bournemouth. Tranmere was suggested as a good shout too as they have had their potential upgraded on the new update. I'm taking a break from LLM for a week or two but will return soon.

That's what I would like to find:

Nation: Big leagues in Europe (Italy, Germany, France, Spain, England, Holland)

Division: Top-flight

European Competition: Don't care

Media Prediction: Top-table finish

Board Expectation(s): Develop players using youth system

Transfer Budget: Not huge, but something to be able to start buying young players with

Wage Budget: No preferences

Finances: Not in red

Other: I want to take onto a team without high expectations (so no league winning or so), because I want to create a powerful youth system behind it and promote young players. I want to sell them when they are aged 24-26 and make hugh loads of money on them, so I can invest them further. I want a team where it will not be pressure on me, but a team that is willing to give me some money to work with so I can start off my long-term project.

That's what I would like to find:

Transfer Budget: Not huge, but something to be able to start buying young players with

Other: I want to take onto a team without high expectations (so no league winning or so), because I want to create a powerful youth system behind it and promote young players. I want to sell them when they are aged 24-26 and make hugh loads of money on them, so I can invest them further. I want a team where it will not be pressure on me, but a team that is willing to give me some money to work with so I can start off my long-term project.

This is what defines Arsenal? right? My highest recommendation is Roma though.

This is what defines Arsenal? right? My highest recommendation is Roma though.

Well yes, pretty much Arsenal-style, but what are their expectations? Doesn't the board expect you to bring in some trophies or, like in real life, they care much more about playing style and finances?

I wouldn't like to coach a big team in Italy unless it's AC Milan, because I am a huge fan. Taking on Roma, Juventus or Inter is out of question - however I do not look for one of these teams, as they usually do not offer you enough time for long-term projects.

Apart from Crewe, Pompey is a unique challenge. But I enjoyed a fantastic pre-update save with Gillingham, and a good post-patch game with Bournemouth. Tranmere was suggested as a good shout too as they have had their potential upgraded on the new update. I'm taking a break from LLM for a week or two but will return soon.

Thanks anyone has any other suggestions ?

Well yes, pretty much Arsenal-style, but what are their expectations? Doesn't the board expect you to bring in some trophies or, like in real life, they care much more about playing style and finances?

I wouldn't like to coach a big team in Italy unless it's AC Milan, because I am a huge fan. Taking on Roma, Juventus or Inter is out of question - however I do not look for one of these teams, as they usually do not offer you enough time for long-term projects.

You're basically looking for someone like Udinese. This is what they do IRL though have sold most of their interesting players.. I would say the highest you can go on this scale is Tottenham in the EPL. You're not expected to win the league but obviously the inevitable success will promote more expectation. In Italy, Sampdoria and Atalanta have good youth systems and low expectations, while in Germany there some clubs with really good youth facilities - Leverkusen are pretty rich, have saleable assets and top youth facilities. Gladbach also worth investigating. While in England, look at Sunderland, Newcastle and Southampton. Saleable assets, lowish expectations and great youth set ups,

Nation: Croatia/Bulgaria/ Belgium (pref Croatia)

Division: Top

European Competition:no

Media Prediction:mid table

Board Expectation(s):mid table or below

Transfer Budget: Enough to buy one or two players

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Secure

Other: A big fish in a small pool kind of save. Want to build up to the CL and become the Icon of the nation. Nations where earning nationality is easy are preferred. Good facilities would also be preferred.

Nation: Croatia/Bulgaria/ Belgium (pref Croatia)

European Competition:no

Media Prediction:mid table

Board Expectation(s):mid table or below

Transfer Budget: Enough to buy one or two players

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Secure

Other: A big fish in a small pool kind of save. Want to build up to the CL and become the Icon of the nation. Nations where earning nationality is easy are preferred. Good facilities would also be preferred.

A number of clubs in the Croatian top flight had a zero transfer budget, here are the others (as per version 13.1.1).

Hajduk: £60k - £75k

Inter Zapresic: £22k - £30k

Istra 1961: £60k - £80k

GNK Dinamo: £2,17m

Rijeka: £55k - £75k

RNK Split: £100k - £140k

Slaven Belupo: £85k - £120k

Zagreb: £26k - £35k

Lokomotiva would be my choice (not fancied) but have no budget. I'm not sure on media predictions but maybe Istra could be at that level for you? They're not a big fish, but any size fish over there are likely to be challenging nearer the top.

I've gone back to the stage of FM where I'm really struggling to get into a save, I've started up about 20 games in the last week and can't get into any! The most recent save I've managed to get into a little bit has been Molde, as I'm a Man United fan and want to try and emulate Ole, they've also got a really young team...

I'm looking for a team preferably which has quite a large squad, consisting mainly of younger players, and the more hot prospects the better! Also, a decent amount of money, with a good amount being made in the future would be nice, although I won't be Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City or Liverpool as I'm a Man United fan. I had a great save with Udinese and loved their setup of having a large squad, with lots of quality players out on loan and making money throughout the year, any suggestions would be great

@ Jogo tnx for all the details, I am going for Zagreb.

@ Dave I had the same problem after playing AC Milan and Liverpool. I think you are just tired of the European style... Give A-league or MLS a shot, it feels like a different game.

Good luck Master420. That's a good choice and I think it's 10 years since they won the domestic title.

I'm not sure what transfers you will plan at Zagreb with that small budget but I hope you enjoy it. Maybe GNK will lend you some players - they have an exceptionally talented 16 year old in their youth team if you can attract him on loan ;)

Other: Looking for a team that can adapt to the 3-5-2 formation without making a lot of transfers in the first window Cheers

Nation: Any European nation that isn't England.

Division: Top Flight

European Competition: Europa League

Media Prediction: Top five, but not 1st.

Board Expectations: Attacking football, develop players using youth system.

Transfer Budget: Hmm... £5-10 million perhaps? A level that lets me buy players without tempting me to do what I do whenever I get a decent transfer budget and splurge it on unnecessary big name signings.

Wage Budget: See above (except without the 5-10 million bit obviously)

Finances: Healthy

Other: Essentially, I was feeling nostalgic for my Lille save on FM 2011 today and wanted to recreate that again with a different team. I liked that we made a profit every month and that we had some future stars like Cabaye, Hazard and Gervinho, and also that we seemed to finish 2nd in every single competition. Infuriating, but it motivated me to keep going. So this one is for the no doubt millions of users who are big fans of 2010-2011 Lille and happen to know of similar teams in Europe that are not Lille. Any help would be really appreciated! :)

Nation: Any European nation that isn't England.

Division: Top Flight

European Competition: Europa League

Media Prediction: Top five, but not 1st.

Board Expectations: Attacking football, develop players using youth system.

Transfer Budget: Hmm... £5-10 million perhaps? A level that lets me buy players without tempting me to do what I do whenever I get a decent transfer budget and splurge it on unnecessary big name signings.

Wage Budget: See above (except without the 5-10 million bit obviously)

Finances: Healthy

Other: Essentially, I was feeling nostalgic for my Lille save on FM 2011 today and wanted to recreate that again with a different team. I liked that we made a profit every month and that we had some future stars like Cabaye, Hazard and Gervinho, and also that we seemed to finish 2nd in every single competition. Infuriating, but it motivated me to keep going. So this one is for the no doubt millions of users who are big fans of 2010-2011 Lille and happen to know of similar teams in Europe that are not Lille. Any help would be really appreciated! :)

Club Brügge perhaps? I think media prediction is 5th, they have a great squad ready for a title challenge.

They do start in the Champions League 2nd Round Qualification though.

Looking for a team outside the top 7 or so in the premiership with potential to build. Not QPR, someone with a decent squad and realistic wage bill.

Southampton perhaps? I looked at their team before, they've got plenty of money, but a good young first 11, and also quite a few potential wonderkids with the likes of Luke Shaw and James Ward-Prowse

Nation: Big European League

Division: Top Division or High in Second Division

Media Prediction: Low in Top Division or High in Second Division.

Board Expectation(s): Avoid Relegation/Promotion

Transfer Budget: Decent transfer budget, or low transfer budget but loads of high earners I can sell for good prices

Wage Budget: Not bothered really, perhaps some room to move around

Finances: I would like a team with decent finances, they don't have to be outstanding

Other: I would like a team with either decent youth facilities or a couple of decent youth players (players with outstanding potential like -9 or 160+) Also would be nice if the team hadn't had any success or very little success but still has some history. I also would like a team that has a very strong rivalry with a team in the same division that is considered better than them.

Nation: Top Nation - not England

Division: Top Division only - not England

Media Prediction: European qualificaion/title challenge

Board Expectation(s): Same as above

Transfer Budget: Decent transfer budget, or low transfer budget but a few high earners I can sell for good prices to make a budget - building job basically

Wage Budget: No preference.

Finances: Not too concerned, some money to play with would be nice but don't want to be splashing 90million on Bale straight away!

Other: I would like a team with a decent stadium and fan base, perhaps who haven't won their league or the CL for the last few years. Bit of a building job. Sort of Liverpool but in a foreign Top European league!

If you're looking for building you should take a look at Lorient. Few good first teamers, pretty decent youngsters too. And year by year struggling with finances so you have to make some good deals every summer. I'm having fun with this club but it's more like a long term project.

If you're looking for building you should take a look at Lorient. Few good first teamers, pretty decent youngsters too. And year by year struggling with finances so you have to make some good deals every summer. I'm having fun with this club but it's more like a long term project.

ARe they French I presume? Any CL qualification or anything? I ideally want a fallen giant?

Lorient don't fit your description. But then again your criteria is slightly contradictory due to the title/challenge part. I would say;

France - St.Etienne; They won the league many times and were successful during the 70's/80's, but not since '81. Good squad. I don't think they are in Europe, but IRL are fighting for CL qualification and in the game it would be a challenge to get third, though definitely feasible.

OM/Lyon; They have sold players and are in financial difficulty. Winning the league recently has been hard aswell, and not faring well in Europe either. Definitely fallen giants, and neither have won the league for 2 or 3 years

Spain - Valencia; Financial problems but still some good players, and haven been CL regulars have recently succumbed to the same fate Liverpool have. Have not won the CL since 2001, nor the league title since 2004.

Italy - Roma at the higher end of the spectrum, and Fiorentina at the lower end.

I would say that OM/OL, Roma or more specifically Valencia fit your criteria of being the Liverpool of Europe.

Lorient in their history won only French Cup once, nowhere near fallen giants but they IRL producing attractive football and promoting players to bigger clubs, that's reason I'm playing with them right now - I feel like they deserve more success than promoting players and even rarely getting money for them. And fighting PSG is also good challenge.

Yes I agree. Lorient have a strange history, considering they have most been amateur as far as I know. They also have some good players - Escude is a favourite of mine. A good shout, but I think OL/OM suit his criteria more, though I rather would play as St.Etienne or Nice. Aubameyang is an asset. Shame Ligue 1 is dealing with such an exodus of players.

Toulouse also had a great potential pre-January but lost Sissoko :(

Having long since got bored of my customary saves (Athletic Club de Bilbao and Tottenham) I'm looking for something a bit different...

Nation: A minor European leage - Switzerland, Ukraine maybe?

European Competition: Europa/CL

Media Prediction: 2nd-6th

Board Expectation(s): Europa League or higher

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: Not important

Finances: Secure or better.

Other: I'm looking for a team to start a career game with. Someone I can spend 2-3 seasons with, build up through good coaching and tactics and the odd shrewd transfer (not fussed about having huge sums of money to play with but don't want to be skint!) and move on to better things, having done a great job (fingers crossed). I'll probably play with 7 or 8 European leagues running.

Archived