FM13 What team should I be!

Purefun

Right very bored with FM right now need something thats fun i have a Swansea game from the start of the game 4 seasons in pretty boring cause ive won everything, recently started one with Dortmund its okay but squad dont seem to like me much which is annoying, Played with Newcastle couldnt really get into it same with Heerenveen

Some teams ive picked out from on here and suggestions would be welcome. I want a game that will be fun to play

Southampton, Sampdoria, Basel

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right very bored with FM right now need something thats fun i have a Swansea game from the start of the game 4 seasons in pretty boring cause ive won everything, recently started one with Dortmund its okay but squad dont seem to like me much which is annoying, Played with Newcastle couldnt really get into it same with Heerenveen

Some teams ive picked out from on here and suggestions would be welcome. I want a game that will be fun to play

I would choose Sampdoria out of they three they have some good players to work with, thought about giving them a go myself but ended up going Parma for the 2nd time lol. Played 10 seasons with Parma and made them the best team in the world but got bored and deleted the save which I regretted lol, tried a few new saves with different teams but couldn't get into them so started another save with Parma again on the new patch and enjoying it even more this time. So I say choose Parma lol

I would choose Sampdoria out of they three they have some good players to work with, thought about giving them a go myself but ended up going Parma for the 2nd time lol. Played 10 seasons with Parma and made them the best team in the world but got bored and deleted the save which I regretted lol, tried a few new saves with different teams but couldn't get into them so started another save with Parma again on the new patch and enjoying it even more this time. So I say choose Parma lol

I did have a look at Sampdoria on my Dortmund game they do have a nice team, prefer to play with wingers but i could see me doing well with narrow formation im going to check out Parma too thanks !

I did have a look at Sampdoria on my Dortmund game they do have a nice team, prefer to play with wingers but i could see me doing well with narrow formation im going to check out Parma too thanks !

Samp have the perfect team for inside forward winger. You don't have to play a narrow formation with them. I go 4-5-1 wih them.

Infact I shall endevour to start a club thread for them within two weeks when i get more time. Samp are great, although Icardi is slightly underrated, they have a very good CM, GK, good wide players and they need major surgery in CD. Very good save, try them. Club with a beautiful history

Samp have the perfect team for inside forward winger. You don't have to play a narrow formation with them. I go 4-5-1 wih them.

Infact I shall endevour to start a club thread for them within two weeks when i get more time. Samp are great, although Icardi is slightly underrated, they have a very good CM, GK, good wide players and they need major surgery in CD. Very good save, try them. Club with a beautiful history

Gonna start two saves up one with Samp and one with Param see which i enjoy more :p

Parma are my Italian team, I do know the team through and through and I do keep up with them in real life, but for some reason this year every time I start a game with them I just do terribly, had a personal FM record of my first 20 games without a win! :o Defensively the team are fine, but I can never get them scoring, only managed like 5 or 6 goals in them 20 games, so it'd always lead to 1-0 losses! They don't have the funds to buy any quality strikers too, so I'd have to rely on taking a gamble on a random loan....

Parma are my Italian team, I do know the team through and through and I do keep up with them in real life, but for some reason this year every time I start a game with them I just do terribly, had a personal FM record of my first 20 games without a win! :o Defensively the team are fine, but I can never get them scoring, only managed like 5 or 6 goals in them 20 games, so it'd always lead to 1-0 losses! They don't have the funds to buy any quality strikers too, so I'd have to rely on taking a gamble on a random loan....

What formation do you play mate? I always play 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-3-2 as I think strongest area of team is in middle of park. I spent about £4.5m and made about £2.5m in 1st seaon, I cancelled a few loans as well and sent some players out on loan to save wages then I adjusted wage budget to give me some money to spend. For my strike force I signed Neal Maupay, Joel Pohjanpalo and then I signed Carlos Fierro on loan, very young strikers but they seemed to do great I played Ishak Belfodil as a Advanced Forward and Neal Maupay as Poacher.

What formation do you play mate? I always play 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-3-2 as I think strongest area of team is in middle of park. I spent about £4.5m and made about £2.5m in 1st seaon, I cancelled a few loans as well and sent some players out on loan to save wages then I adjusted wage budget to give me some money to spend. For my strike force I signed Neal Maupay, Joel Pohjanpalo and then I signed Carlos Fierro on loan, very young strikers but they seemed to do great I played Ishak Belfodil as a Advanced Forward and Neal Maupay as Poacher.

That might be my mistake, I've been trying to play with wingers, and use my favourite 4-3-3 formation, as I quite liked Biabiany and Palladino, and didn't know how to get rid of Marchionni etc. Also assumed, that as we have Amauri and Belfodil who is also a good lone forward, crosses in would be handy, but clearly not....

I might just have to follow your philosophy and try a overhaul, they really need it in real life too :p How much money did you get at the end of the 1st season?

Nation: Anywhere in the main european leagues apart from england

Division: preferably bottom available division in the country

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: doesnt matter, im thinking long term

Board Expectation(s): relegation/mid table

Transfer Budget: doesnt matter

Wage Budget: doesnt matter

Finances: preferable little

Other: I want to start from the bottom of a european league and put my own stamp on the team

That might be my mistake, I've been trying to play with wingers, and use my favourite 4-3-3 formation, as I quite liked Biabiany and Palladino, and didn't know how to get rid of Marchionni etc. Also assumed, that as we have Amauri and Belfodil who is also a good lone forward, crosses in would be handy, but clearly not....

I might just have to follow your philosophy and try a overhaul, they really need it in real life too :p How much money did you get at the end of the 1st season?

Yeah they need quite a few players at the start, I signed Mattia De Siglio and Ezequiel Cirigliano on loan at the start but you have to act on the 1st or 2nd day as they always get snapped up quick. I also signed Stefan Strandberg to partner Gabriel Paletta who were both brilliant. I got about 20m to spend I think but I did manage to finish 2nd in the league somehow. I also sold quite a few players as well so there is money to improve the team.

Yeah they need quite a few players at the start, I signed Mattia De Siglio and Ezequiel Cirigliano on loan at the start but you have to act on the 1st or 2nd day as they always get snapped up quick. I also signed Stefan Strandberg to partner Gabriel Paletta who were both brilliant. I got about 20m to spend I think but I did manage to finish 2nd in the league somehow. I also sold quite a few players as well so there is money to improve the team.

Yeah, thats about the amount you'd expect for your team after that league position! Could you attract some big names then?

Yeah, thats about the amount you'd expect for your team after that league position! Could you attract some big names then?

Yeah there was some big names interested but I went for more youth and bring more italian players into the team.

Nation: England

Division: Championship or League one, pref Championship

Board Expectation(s): Any really, pref mid table/lower end of the table.

Finances: preferable little, but a little to spend on some prem rejects would be nice

Other: I really want a Championship team I can mould, progress and push into the premiership and beyond. Someone with a bit of money would be nice, but at the same time I don't want it too easy :p.

Division: Championship or League one, pref Championship

Board Expectation(s): Any really, pref mid table/lower end of the table.

Finances: preferable little, but a little to spend on some prem rejects would be nice

Other: I really want a Championship team I can mould, progress and push into the premiership and beyond. Someone with a bit of money would be nice, but at the same time I don't want it too easy :p.

Forest maybe? Start out with quite a bare squad and not much premier league quality, but with 5m transfer budget, so plenty to work with initially and bring some quality players through, if you get promoted you'll definitely need to overhaul the squad and get rid of most of the original squad :)

Leicesters another one, a young core to the team, a lot of the players have a lot of potential, and could probably cut it in the premiership, with players like Schmeicel, James, Drinkwater, Knockeart and Wood, theres a bright future with this team and they've also got a nice transfer budget.

I'm in my 3rd season with Feyenoord and it has been a great game so far.

Haven't won the league yet, with Ajax so dominant. Finished runner up first season, but struggled second season having to compete in Europe as well as the league. Having no money and having to totally rely on the youth academy to produce players is also a really cool challenge.

• 2 weeks later...
Nation: Anywhere in the main european leagues apart from england

Division: preferably bottom available division in the country

Board Expectation(s): relegation/mid table

Finances: preferable little

Other: I want to start from the bottom of a european league and put my own stamp on the team

I'm having a good game at the moment with Ath in Belgium (predicted bottom of the third division). If that league isn't major enough then HinterReggio in Italy could be a good choice (predicted bottom of the fourth division). Founded in 2006 so not much history to speak of and a giant stadium (27,000 or so).

Nation:England

Division:League 2 / Blue Sq Prem

European Competition:

Media Prediction:league 2 lower / Rel candidates or blue sq prem play offs or below

Board Expectation(s): league 2 lower / Rel candidates or blue sq prem play offs or below

Transfer Budget:not fussed but alittle cash wouldnt be bad

Wage Budget: a little room to bring in a few players

Finances:no debt preferebly

Other:looking for a team that has fallen from grace a bit, one who was a regular in the champ or league 1 in the past decade

Nation: England, France, Spain, Germany and Italy

Division: The best division in their respective country.

European Competition: Preferable not

Media Prediction: Around midtable

Board Expectation(s): Around midtable

Transfer Budget: Does not matter

Wage Budget: Does not matter

Finances: Good

Other: A club which i can build up and challenge for the title with a mix of talent from my own youth Academy and players brought in.

I'm having a fun save with Celta Vigo atm. There predicted to finish 17th and the board expectation is not get relegated. They have some good players already, have a big derby with Deportivo and they just seem fun. Just about to start my second season with them.

Other: A club which i can build up and challenge for the title with a mix of talent from my own youth Academy and players brought in.

Newcastle, Everton, Roma, Leverkusen to name a few

Nation: Don't mind, preferably European

Division: Top two divisions.

European Competition: Don't mind

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Other: I'm interested in trying a save where I can only play academy graduates, I don't mind which European league (the more obscure, the better!) but obviously what's key is a loyal chairman who won't demand unrealistic achievements. I'm tempted by Viitorul in Romania at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot, for the life of me, get into a save at the moment, keep on starting games with new teams and I can't even get to the first game without starting a new save! Looking for any team which will be fun to play with, I like a bit of money to play around with, and a good base squad which I don't have to change around too much initially.

Nation: Don't mind, preferably European

Division: Top two divisions.

European Competition: Don't mind

Media Prediction: Any

Other: I'm interested in trying a save where I can only play academy graduates, I don't mind which European league (the more obscure, the better!) but obviously what's key is a loyal chairman who won't demand unrealistic achievements. I'm tempted by Viitorul in Romania at the moment.

Cannot, for the life of me, get into a save at the moment, keep on starting games with new teams and I can't even get to the first game without starting a new save! Looking for any team which will be fun to play with, I like a bit of money to play around with, and a good base squad which I don't have to change around too much initially.

Real Sociedad to ease all your worries :cool:

St. Etienne, Lyon, or Leverkusen. Tough choice but I want a side that can challenge eventually but with a strong contingent of local players.

Are you asking who to be out of those? St.Etienne for the greatest challenge, Lyon for a more immediate tilt, and Bayer as a generally great save though I think it'd be relatively easy to knock Bayern off their perch.

I'd go for Etienne - they used to be a big name but haven't won the title since 81'. Plus Aubemayang.

German leagues are the most fun out of the big European leagues imo. For your general criteria I'd suggest Frankfurt, Freiburg, Stuttgardt or HSV over Leverkusen though. Sturrgardt are pretty rich.

In the second tier Hertha are a great save, as are Kaiserslauten and 1860 Munchen.

Hi guys, I´d like to hear your suggestions on this. I´d like to start a new game with a team that is not known, but has good economical potential to become a good club. It can be from literally anywhere, as I would like the challenge. Maybe some eastern club, like from Azerbaijan or Kazakhstan? What do you think?

I'm after a team with good facilities and a couple of good prospects to nurture.

The level can vary, I'm pretty much open to anything here if you think they may provide an interesting save. A mid table club in a mid ranking league/ nation would be my preference though. :)

I'm after a team with good facilities and a couple of good prospects to nurture.

The level can vary, I'm pretty much open to anything here if you think they may provide an interesting save. A mid table club in a mid ranking league/ nation would be my preference though. :)

AS Roma/Fiorentina

Going to start a bundesliga save tonight, not sure who to be out of Bremen, Schalke or Leverkusen. Anyone have any experience/recommendation?

try Einracht Frankfurt, I had a save with them earlier and was great fun! they have this quality player called Meier, amc but i played him as striker...

Anyone managing Le Havre on FM13? Fantastic youth setup, I've had some fantastic youth come through in my game so far. Would recommend them to anyone wanted to start as a team in the 2nd tier of a country with potential to take them to the top.

I can't decide whether I should manage Paris FC or Red Star FC both in the French 3rd division.

Both teams should be in Paris, but for Red Star FC the info says their stadium lies in the city of Saint-Ouen.

What I'd like to do is take a low league Parisian team up the leagues and crush PSG. It must be a Parisian team as I want to be able to build a huge stadium (large attendances) and reap the benefits of a top notch youth academy in a big city.

So basically my question is does Red Star FC have the same opportunities as Paris FC to become a big team? Even though their stadium is in Saint-Ouen? Is that a part of Paris and as such does Red Star have the same opportunities as Paris FC?

Again, a decent shout, this time from Maestroik. But, I'm getting quite picky about it being in a lesser nation. I'm looking at utter tops Holland/ Turkey down to Scotland/ Norway.

I can't decide whether I should manage Paris FC or Red Star FC both in the French 3rd division.

Both teams should be in Paris, but for Red Star FC the info says their stadium lies in the city of Saint-Ouen.

What I'd like to do is take a low league Parisian team up the leagues and crush PSG. It must be a Parisian team as I want to be able to build a huge stadium (large attendances) and reap the benefits of a top notch youth academy in a big city.

So basically my question is does Red Star FC have the same opportunities as Paris FC to become a big team? Even though their stadium is in Saint-Ouen? Is that a part of Paris and as such does Red Star have the same opportunities as Paris FC?

I started a game as Paris FC once before, found it very difficult because they just don't have the fan base due to PSG. I didn't play it long enough to see how that would have change had I been successful over a number of years

Division: League 1 / 2 / BSP

Media Prediction: Mid table

Board Expectation(s): dosen't matter

Transfer Budget: doesn't matter

Wage Budget: doesn't matter

Finances: Preferably no outstanding loans, but doesn't matter too much

Other: Looking for a stable lower league club, with a good fan base, ground that can be expanded when needed, and possibly most importantly is able to make a profit over the year.

I look forward to your suggestions! Thanks.

Division: League 1 / 2 / BSP

Media Prediction: Mid table

Board Expectation(s): dosen't matter

Transfer Budget: doesn't matter

Wage Budget: doesn't matter

Finances: Preferably no outstanding loans, but doesn't matter too much

Other: Looking for a stable lower league club, with a good fan base, ground that can be expanded when needed, and possibly most importantly is able to make a profit over the year.

I look forward to your suggestions! Thanks.

Have a look at the Alex in League 1 :thup:

Nation: England or Germany

Division: Premier or Champs or Bundesliga (1st or 2nd)

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: doesnt matter, but if championship/2nd I want a easy team to go to Premier

Board Expectation(s): doenst matter

Transfer Budget: some, 4 M €

Wage Budget: Not in red

Finances: Ok or Secure

Other: Bundesliga 2nd: Herta Berlim ; Championship: Not Notthingam forest.

Nation: European

Division: Top

European Competition: Not Necessary

Media Prediction: 4th - 10th?

Board Expectation(s): Continental Qualification

Transfer Budget: £10M - 20M

Wage Budget: -

Finances: Strong

Other: I'd like a team with a good base with room to improve.

Nation: European

Division: Top

European Competition: Not Necessary

Media Prediction: 4th - 10th?

Board Expectation(s): Continental Qualification

Transfer Budget: £10M - 20M

Wage Budget: -

Finances: Strong

Other: I'd like a team with a good base with room to improve.

Not sure on budgets, but I imagine Villa would suit the 'other' perfectly. Room to improve, room to sell. Could be worth a look.

Looking for a team.

Nation: In Europe

Division: The highest league in the country

European Competition: Does not matter

Media Prediction: Does not matter

Board Expectation(s): Does not matter

Wage Budget: Must not be in red at the start of the game.

Finances: Okay'ish to very good. Does not really matter as long as they are at least decent.

Other: I'm looking for a club in a smaller league where i can develp young talent. So the club must have good facilities for the level the club is playing on. And by smaller league i mean max reputation of like the Dutch Eredivisie.

Nation: NOT England, France or Spain

Division: Any

European Competition: No preference

Media Prediction: Mid-table

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Not in debt. Good enough finances that I don't need to sell anyone when I first join

Other: Preferably a team that would suit a 4-4-2 formation (not essential)

Nation: Germany

Division: 3rd Tier

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Promotion

Board Expectation(s): As above

Transfer Budget: Good for a 3rd Tier team

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Stable. Finances are a must have in this save. Do not want a club crippled with debt. Manageable debt is fine.

Other: Want to start a dynasty in Germany with a team in the 3rd tier, so I want them to be easy to get up to the second division first.

Archived