FM13 What team should I be!

Purefun

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot seem to get settled on a long term save due to my unwanted ability to be indecisive with tactics and what formation to to play etc etc.

I can never decide to use a formation to suit the team i have or always stick with a particular formation and tactic/style of play, its doing my head in!!

So i would like to know what the majority of you guys do please, all feedback welcome!!

Cheers

Nation: Somewhere in Europe

Division: N/A

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: N/A

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: N/A

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: Poor

Other: Looking for a team with financial difficulties who are based in Europe, where the initial focus is on getting the team into a healthy financial position. It doesn't really matter if they're top flight or bottom tier, just looking for viable options. Cheers.

Division: N/A

European Competition: N/A

Transfer Budget: N/A

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: Poor

Other: Looking for a team with financial difficulties who are based in Europe, where the initial focus is on getting the team into a healthy financial position. It doesn't really matter if they're top flight or bottom tier, just looking for viable options. Cheers.

Try Aston Villa, after the financial difficulties of having no money to spend & high earners on the books it is a great journey and after the deadwood can be moved on there is the base of good young team in the making there!

Hi guys.

I want to focus my next save on youth development but finding the right team is proving to be tricky. The main problem I'm having is there being too many excellent youngsters in the teams with good facilities, it makes it too overwhelming to try to give them all the care they deserve!

I'm not too bothered about stature or country, but some decent prospects and the potential for more are a must.

To get technical, and as a bit of an aside, I've been toying with the idea of what kind of youths I would need to acquire to become a decent team in Europe, such as Last 16 CL or knockout rounds of the Europa League - I'm thinking rated 145/150 pa - then find a team which has the resources but not the immediate expectations to bring 16/20 of these young players together in two or three seasons and then in a few more years time to bring these youth up to potential and get to the aforementioned level. Could be interesting?

Nation: Germany or Italy, England if you really insist

Division: any but top division

European Competition: n/a

Media Prediction: any

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: any

Wage Budget: not in red

Finances: not in red

Other: nothing particular

Just want a fun save where I can get cheap or free players, develop them and try to push for promotion, any suggestions?

Hi guys.

I want to focus my next save on youth development but finding the right team is proving to be tricky. The main problem I'm having is there being too many excellent youngsters in the teams with good facilities, it makes it too overwhelming to try to give them all the care they deserve!

I'm not too bothered about stature or country, but some decent prospects and the potential for more are a must.

To get technical, and as a bit of an aside, I've been toying with the idea of what kind of youths I would need to acquire to become a decent team in Europe, such as Last 16 CL or knockout rounds of the Europa League - I'm thinking rated 145/150 pa - then find a team which has the resources but not the immediate expectations to bring 16/20 of these young players together in two or three seasons and then in a few more years time to bring these youth up to potential and get to the aforementioned level. Could be interesting?

Pff tricky one... how about Celtic, Udinese, Basel, Club Brugge, Lille, Spartak Moscow?

Nation:Anywhere except england

Division:dont mind

European Competition:dont mind

Media Prediction:Aslong as they arent predicted for relegation i dont mind.

Board Expectation(s):don't mind

Transfer Budget:dont mind aslong as they have something to spend

Wage Budget:dont mind aslong as they aren't over there wage budget

Finances:anything other than insecure or below insecure

Other:

Nation: Anywhere in the EU

Division: lower if higher rep division, higher if lower rep division

European Competition: don't mind

Media Prediction: don't mind

Board Expectation(s): anything but promotion

Transfer Budget: don't mind

Wage Budget: don't mind

Finances: don't mind

Other: I'm looking for a team for a long term save with which I can build up the facilities to eventually have a home grown team. I've tried this before, but can't get into it because of a lack of interest during the first couple of years. So an additional consideration is to have a solid mid-table team already, that upon retirement I can eventually offer staff jobs. Make it interesting!

Because of their association with a certain club. This makes them disgusting to me but that's only because I massively dislike the club they are associated with.

:-)

(also didn't get it at first, but then I googled ánd noticed your location...)

Nation: Any nation bar England, Italy, France, Spain, Germany and top division of Holland

Division: Any

European Competition: Not in europe or if outside europe preferably not in a contential comp

Media Prediction: Not fighting for the title, midtable or just outside challenging for the league

Board Expectation(s): Top Half finish

Transfer Budget: Decent budget, enough for manouvering

Wage Budget: same as above, need room to work

Finances:

Other: Top youth facilities

Nation: Any nation bar England, Italy, France, Spain, Germany and top division of Holland

European Competition: Not in europe or if outside europe preferably not in a contential comp

Media Prediction: Not fighting for the title, midtable or just outside challenging for the league

Board Expectation(s): Top Half finish

Transfer Budget: Decent budget, enough for manouvering

Wage Budget: same as above, need room to work

Finances:

Other: Top youth facilities

Anderlecht?

Nation: Europe

Division: Any top division without sugar daddy opposition

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Mid-table to top-table

Board Expectation(s): Continental qualification or Mid table

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Stable

Other: -

Nation: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Finances: Any

Other: Obviously not bothered at all. Just looking for a club to have a bit of fun with. What are the more 'fun' leagues and teams etc?

Other: Obviously not bothered at all. Just looking for a club to have a bit of fun with. What are the more 'fun' leagues and teams etc?

Southampton is a decent shout good youth system, decent squad and a bit of money to play with

I have now had a break for a long time and are now looking for a new challenge. the team should have matrial for a straight 4-4-2 formation.

Nation: Norway or Switzerland

Division: Top division

Board Expectation(s): Can't be one of the top two clubs in the league

Finances: Prefer little or no debt

I'm just looking for a nice club which possibly might have good facilities to build up domestically and then maybe in Europe as well.

Nation: Top European leagues

Division: not the top league such as EPL, La Liga etc

European Competition: no

Board Expectation(s): any but like a challenge

Finances: don't mind.

Other:

Here's the catch.

I'm looking for a team that is in a beautiful area / place to live but the team itself is not very good. I'd then like to make a beautiful team for this beautiful location. I did this on FM11 with Pescara, with the stadium near the beautiful Adriatic coastline (Google image Pescara). Give me an example and I will first Google the location and then decide if I am happy with the team. Thanks to anyone who gets back to me.

Other:

Here's the catch.

I'm looking for a team that is in a beautiful area / place to live but the team itself is not very good. I'd then like to make a beautiful team for this beautiful location. I did this on FM11 with Pescara, with the stadium near the beautiful Adriatic coastline (Google image Pescara). Give me an example and I will first Google the location and then decide if I am happy with the team. Thanks to anyone who gets back to me.

Few options:

Sporting Braga - Portugal:

PA-715820braga.jpg

HNK Rijeka - Croatia:

rikantridakh3.jpg

AS Monaco - France:

louis-ii-stadium.jpg

One beautiful one outside Europe:

Ajax Cape Town - South Africa:

ec-cape-town-stadium-2.jpg

Other:

Here's the catch.

Deportivo or Besiktas too.

Thanks for the great ideas/locations but these teams are too good! I wasn't clear enough in my post, sorry. It should have read 'I would like a team that is not in the top flight of their country, for example a team in Spain that is NOT in La Liga'.

More thoughts would be great, glad you like my idea :)

Monaco are in Ligue 2 at the start of the game ;)

Okay then, here are a few more ideas:

What about NK Primorac 1929? In the second division of the Croatian league. Barely ever been in the top division other than a 3 season spell in the 90's, but their ground is really nice, and in a beautiful area of Croatia:

hnk-hajduk-split-poljud-stadion-wallpapers.jpg

Or you could try Italy again, and go with Bari:

external.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYUiOLxUJ1Indn3tRHfmSZxQWSbFksk-sk_erl9YfWEnInOqxeAA

Or Racing Santander:

2896_ori_el_sardinero.jpg

santander.jpg

Me too! I was wondering if this was more like a Thomas Cook holiday forum rather than a FM game forum! Anyway, I am off to San Sebastien for a p*ss up!

I am currently in Tenerife if you get lost on the way :brock:.

Nation: Portugal, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Germany & France in no particular order of preference

Media Prediction: A wide range but not challenging for title.

Board Expectation(s): Same as above

Finances: Preferably little or no debt

Having trouble to last more than a couple seasons on this version of FM. Basically, a club with a decent youth setup plus a squad able to play in 4-1-2-3 formation.

Nation: Portugal, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Germany & France in no particular order of preference

Media Prediction: A wide range but not challenging for title.

Finances: Preferably little or no debt

Having trouble to last more than a couple seasons on this version of FM. Basically, a club with a decent youth setup plus a squad able to play in 4-1-2-3 formation.

PSV? They haven't won the league in a good while for their high standards. They do have a good squad but Ajax have an incredible squad for this division so you aren't a certainty for the title. Highlight of managing alot of young Dutch stars and the one Dries Mertens. Great Youth Facilities to boot as well.

Nation: England

Division: Premiership

Media Prediction: Upper-mid to top of table

Transfer Budget: Need to have enough to play with, or at least a few mediocre stars I can move on to generate funds

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: Decent, see above

Basically, I've really lost interest in FM, and would like to start again with the summer update I downloaded. Normally I go for Chelsea or Tottenham, and they are options. I'm a Man Utd fan, so not them, as my games are always with them. Not got time for LLM. Would play Classic Mode, but then I can't use the update. I'm aware my specifications only leave a handful of clubs, but I'm keen to hear from anyone who has had a good time with a particular team within those!

Might also manage Belgian national team, anyone tried that?

Nation: England but may consider other teams with good youth set up

Division: Lower EPL to League 1 or 2 (or eqivulant abroad)

Transfer Budget: doesn't really matter on transfer funds but would like wages to play with, also a good youth set up is a must really want to make my own stars.

Just want a decent team to be really, have looked at Crewe so if there was something similar in the championship so its one step closer to the EPL then great if not suggestions are welcome for other teams.

Thanks for your reply. PSV will be challenging for the title if I'm not mistaken. I was looking at Eredivise but more into Twente, AZ, Utrecht, Heerenveen or Groningen.

I had a good save with AZ a few years ago. Pretty fun.

Nation: England

Division: Premiership

Media Prediction: Upper-mid to top of table

Transfer Budget: Need to have enough to play with, or at least a few mediocre stars I can move on to generate funds

Basically, I've really lost interest in FM, and would like to start again with the summer update I downloaded. Normally I go for Chelsea or Tottenham, and they are options. I'm a Man Utd fan, so not them, as my games are always with them. Not got time for LLM. Would play Classic Mode, but then I can't use the update. I'm aware my specifications only leave a handful of clubs, but I'm keen to hear from anyone who has had a good time with a particular team within those!

Might also manage Belgian national team, anyone tried that?

Newcastle have a few players you can ship out like Gosling, Ryan Taylor etc for you to generate your own funds as clubs are usually interested in them when you offer them out. You could completely transform a side like Stoke from a long ball team into a 'footballing side'.

Nation: England but may consider other teams with good youth set up

Division: Lower EPL to League 1 or 2 (or eqivulant abroad)

Transfer Budget: doesn't really matter on transfer funds but would like wages to play with, also a good youth set up is a must really want to make my own stars.

Just want a decent team to be really, have looked at Crewe so if there was something similar in the championship so its one step closer to the EPL then great if not suggestions are welcome for other teams.

Southampton is the obvious choice in England really.

Rostok have decent youth facilities for their level in Germany. Could also look at Murcia :thup:.

Division: Top division

European Competition: Can be - not essential

Media Prediction: - n/a

Board Expectation(s): Challenge for Europe

Transfer Budget: Decent

Wage Budget: Decent

Finances: n/a

Other: n/a

I had a game as Napoli that I was quite enjoying, who seemed to fall neatly into this category. Was wondering if anyone else could suggest a team to play as. Idealistically, they'll be top 5-6 team, with decent money (not loads and loads) and some decent youngsters to begin to develop.

Nation: Holland, Italy, Spain and Germany

Division: Preferably the top but I'd be open to the second tier

European competition: Not bothered.

Media prediction: Anywhere but 1st to 3rd

Board expectations: Don't mind really

Transfer budget: At least some to spend on a player or two

Wage budget: Same as transfer

Other: I have become really bored of FM after my save with Southampton and need a new challenge in another country

Ignore this. I am now managing Hercales in Holland.

Nation: Anywhere in Europe other than England, Italyand Spain

Division: Top or second

European competition: Not bothered

Media prediction: Mid table if top div

Board expectations: Not bothered

Transfer budget: Not too important

Wage budget: Same as transfer

Other: Looking for an interesting team to start a final long term save with

Archived