FM13 What team should I be!

Purefun

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really cant get back into FM' date=' after i spend one season with my Barca. Can anyone suggest me team that is fun to play with? Was thinking about Saints but really cant get any motivation to play with them. Help me before i sell FM! :)[/quote']

Have you tried rancers challenge from the CSE? I was struggling for a save at the start of this new FM about 2 or so months ago and now I'm 10 seasons in and still enjoying it. It might be worth looking at other challenges over in CSE.

Nation: Any in Europe

Division: Any

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): -

Transfer Budget: -

Wage Budget: -

Finances: Fairly healthy

Other: Looking for a club where I can develop home grown talent and produce good regens - I've considered Ajax, Spurs, Genk, anywhere else?

Nation: Any in Europe

Division: Any

European Competition: -

Board Expectation(s): -

Transfer Budget: -

Wage Budget: -

Finances: Fairly healthy

Other: Looking for a club where I can develop home grown talent and produce good regens - I've considered Ajax, Spurs, Genk, anywhere else?

GNK Dinamo (Croatia) have some great young attacking flair players, and are mainly homegrown. In particular, Kovacic, Sammir and Halelovic (promote from U19 squad) are excellent.

You're already competing in Europe, expected to win the domestic league, have a decent transfer budget, and can pick up other good young talents from the region. I looked at Serbia and was able to sign Ivan Ivanov and Medo (Partizan) plus Dejan Mezga from Maribor (Slovenia). In addition, the Austrian league can also provide a few decent additions, as can Brazil if you fancy a punt on a few potential Samba stars. I don't use regens or newgens but I also believe Croatia (and Serbia) is a hotspot for this.

Hope you may find the suggestion useful?

Right guys I am back after a break away from Fm be it not a very long one, I am looking for a long term project I don't mind where I am looking to build with young players and I am looking to build a short passing,slow buildup team.

I would prefer to have a reserve and youth team having a B team would be great but not a major thing.

If possible outside of the Uk,Holland and other places that produce Messi,Ronaldo level youth all the time.

Nation: Any one of Germany, Italy, France, Holland, Spain

Division: Top

European Competition: Ideally at least Europa League but it is not vital

Media Prediction: Mid to Top table

Board Expectation(s): Ideally low expectations but not vital

Transfer Budget: Decent

Wage Budget: Decent

Finances: Decent

Other: I would like a team for a long save and one with some promising young players. Also, I would like to play 4-2-3-1 so a team that have the players for it would be nice :)

Other: I would like a team for a long save and one with some promising young players. Also, I would like to play 4-2-3-1 so a team that have the players for it would be nice :)

A bit of a biased choice but Psv are good and you can get a trophy at the start IF you can beat Ajax which isn't easy as your team are a bit behind them at the start, also Belgium clubs like Genk and Anterlecht (Spelling).

what do u guys think is more of a challenge r.madrid or barca

The only challenge would be to try and follow the way Barca have got a team completely made up with players produced from the youth. Dani Alves being the only exception to my knowledge. To continue that may be challenging but to be honest if you want a challenging save then theres thousands of other teams you could choose.

There are a few more than just Alves. David Villa, Javier Mascherano, Alex Song, Alexis Sanchez, and then you could argue that although Fabregas, Pique and Alba started their careers at Barcelona, they did the majority of their development elsewhere after being sold for low amounts of money. It's very impressive that the core of Barcelona is formed around players that have been developed in La Masia, but there have been a few additions, and players that they've mistakenly sold and had to buy back for inflated prices.

I'd say taking over Real Madrid is more of a challenge, and a bit more scope for developing your own team, and your own style. With Barcelona the squad is so good, it pretty much picks itself, with Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Villa all playing key roles. With Madrid, you've got the likes of Ronaldo, Ozil, Modric, Benzema, Higuain, etc, but if you don't want to use those players, you can sell them, and build your own team. Finding a tactic that neutralises Messi when you come up against Barca is a real good challenge too. So, personally, I'd go Real, though building a tactic to emulate Barcelona's real-life style of play, and having Messi dominate for you is very fun.

You know, I really have no idea who to be once the data update hits.

After reading peoples suggestions in here, the idea of an Italian save appeals, with either Inter, Atalanta or Sampdoria the possibilities.

I also have a hankering to try taking a smaller club to success, possibly either Crewe (from all ssetigs recomendations), or someone really small. German 3rd division small.

However, there are also options to take mid-sized clubs to the next level: Aston Villa, Newcastle, Genk, Lille.

Or... because I have a family and am limited to about 3 hours a week of play time, an established but not mega-huge team for a couple of seasons fun: Spurs, B. Dortmund, Ajax, Lyon.

I just don't know. :(

After reading peoples suggestions in here, the idea of an Italian save appeals, with either Inter, Atalanta or Sampdoria the possibilities.

I also have a hankering to try taking a smaller club to success, possibly either Crewe (from all ssetigs recomendations), or someone really small. German 3rd division small.

However, there are also options to take mid-sized clubs to the next level: Aston Villa, Newcastle, Genk, Lille.

Or... because I have a family and am limited to about 3 hours a week of play time, an established but not mega-huge team for a couple of seasons fun: Spurs, B. Dortmund, Ajax, Lyon.

When in doubt, do the Roma-ns :p

You might want to try and get one of the former East German teams to win the Bundesliga

Dynamo Dresden (Matthias Sammer, Jens Jeremies, Ulf Kirsten, Alexander Zickler were former players in the club), Hansa Rostock or Energie Cottbus could be a club for you, if you want a challenge

Why not just do one of each? :p

Definitely join us :thup:

If you've got a transfer update downloaded, Newcastle United would be a good option.

Right, about to start a new save, torn between:

Crewe- League One

Sheff Utd- League One

Bradford- League Two

Macclesfield- BSP

Stockport- BSP

Any advice?

You seem to have a Northern bias Mr MUFC so of these I would suggest Crewe as they are financially sound and have a unique philosophy for lower leagues (good thread on them already). Failing that, Sheff Utd would be a good challenge - big club, great potential if you can sort the financials and get them successful. Thirdly, I'd say Stockport to try and restore them to the football league.

If you're interested in other suggestions, I recently started at Gillingham and you can create a transfer pot of about £700k to get out of League 2 by selling on clauses relating to Ryan Bertrand. However the board really control the wage bill - it's set to about £24k per week and they won't allow budget editing. Everybody has different ideas on who to be/how to play the game, but Gillingham is another option to consider.

You seem to have a Northern bias Mr MUFC so of these I would suggest Crewe as they are financially sound and have a unique philosophy for lower leagues (good thread on them already). Failing that, Sheff Utd would be a good challenge - big club, great potential if you can sort the financials and get them successful. Thirdly, I'd say Stockport to try and restore them to the football league.

If you're interested in other suggestions, I recently started at Gillingham and you can create a transfer pot of about £700k to get out of League 2 by selling on clauses relating to Ryan Bertrand. However the board really control the wage bill - it's set to about £24k per week and they won't allow budget editing. Everybody has different ideas on who to be/how to play the game, but Gillingham is another option to consider.

Thanks a lot for the feedback mate! Decided to go for Crewe, the youth set up is very appealing. Think I can get to the Premiership in 4-5 seasons, fingers crossed!

Nation: One of the more obscure Eastern European leagues

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: European Qualification

Board Expectation(s): European Qualification

Finances: Any

Other: I want to try and take a bigger club from a small European country and try to develop the club into a force in European football.

Cheers!

Nation: One of the more obscure Eastern European leagues

Media Prediction: European Qualification

Board Expectation(s): European Qualification

Other: I want to try and take a bigger club from a small European country and try to develop the club into a force in European football.

Cheers!

Dinamo Zagreb from Croatia is a great save. Alternately, Red Star Belgrade or Cluj should be fun.

Nation: England

Division: Prem

European Competition: not CL

Board Expectation(s): Not important

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring some decent players in

Wage Budget: Same as above

Other: I'm looking for a prem team that have decent facilities and decent youth set up and a little money to bring in a few players, but also need a prem team for a long term save. I know i have stated prem and england but if you can think of any other team, away from the norm that i could pick for a long term save let me know. A couple of FM's ago i had a brilliant save as Litex, they're not so good now. Need to sink my teeth into a good save, losing some love for FM at the minute

Other: I'm looking for a prem team that have decent facilities and decent youth set up and a little money to bring in a few players, but also need a prem team for a long term save. I know i have stated prem and england but if you can think of any other team, away from the norm that i could pick for a long term save let me know. A couple of FM's ago i had a brilliant save as Litex, they're not so good now. Need to sink my teeth into a good save, losing some love for FM at the minute

Blackburn have very good facilities and youth setup + a decent economic (no debt I think) and players that will bring in a fair bit of cash should you choose to sell

Spurs sound like exactly the sort of save you are looking for, regarding your wishlist.

Division: League 1-Blue Square Premier

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: top half-promotion

Board Expectation(s): mid-table or above

Transfer Budget: At least some...

Wage Budget: decent

Other: Basically want to take a smaller side in England and eventually make them a top Premier League team. But before anyone suggests: NOT CREWE ALEXANDRA (had a very unlucky save with them recently and went down)

Division: League 1-Blue Square Premier

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: top half-promotion

Board Expectation(s): mid-table or above

Transfer Budget: At least some...

Wage Budget: decent

Other: Basically want to take a smaller side in England and eventually make them a top Premier League team. But before anyone suggests: NOT CREWE ALEXANDRA (had a very unlucky save with them recently and went down)

I want the same but i didnt try Crewe. Basically i want a team that has good conditions to get in Premier League. The Lower the better. Might try crewe anyway. Portsmouth is a good try as well.

I want the same but i didnt try Crewe. Basically i want a team that has good conditions to get in Premier League. The Lower the better. Might try crewe anyway. Portsmouth is a good try as well.

Yeah in the Crewe thread a lot of people have had a lot of success, just never worked out for me sadly!

@ Jon....sorry your Crewe save didn't work out, especially as I had a hand in guiding you there!

Come and join me at Gillingham? Create a legitimate £700k transfer pot to start with in League 2 (tight wage budget though) and see how you get on? I'm in my 3rd season after finishing 2nd in L2, then 8th in L1 but the board are making my job hard now as the wage bill is controlled very strongly (good for long term success of course).

Player recommendations and advice freely available if you go for it.

I'm thinking of a French save that isn't PSG. Lyon and Lille are both at the top of my list but also considering St Etienne and Rennes. Anyone got experience of any of those or even someone I've not mentioned and who can convince me which way to go. Thanks.

Nation: England, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands

Division: Top divisions

European Competition: Don't mind if they are in Europe or not

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Preferably quite a bit of money to spend or if there are players already in the team I could sell to free up some funds.

Wage Budget: Again prefer to have some money available

Finances: Dont want a team in financial difficulty.

Other: A decent team with maybe one or two top players or players with lots of potential I could base the team around. Decent facilities and a 20k+ sized stadium.

Thanks

Was loving my Udinese save but got sacked in February for being 17th :( I think the most enjoyable thing was just having to deal with such a large squad, and anticipating so many quality players coming back at the end of the season from loan...I was just wondering if anyone knows any other teams in any leagues which have pretty huge squads with a lot of players on loan/co ownerships?

Nation: England, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands

Division: Top divisions

European Competition: Don't mind if they are in Europe or not

Transfer Budget: Preferably quite a bit of money to spend or if there are players already in the team I could sell to free up some funds.

Wage Budget: Again prefer to have some money available

Finances: Dont want a team in financial difficulty.

Other: A decent team with maybe one or two top players or players with lots of potential I could base the team around. Decent facilities and a 20k+ sized stadium.

Thanks

Tottenham fit that perfectly. 30M transfer fund, good core of players, able to get a new stadium built and the wage bill is pretty easily manageable if you can get rid of Adebayor and a couple of others.

Nation: Germany (or any country with interesting league setup and no foreign or work permit restriction with atleast a CL play off spot)

Division: Preferably lower divisions

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Insecure but up to an extent which can be saved.

Other: Basically I'm looking for a team that was once great but slumped due to financial problem. Much more like small Liverpool.

I really didnt know where to put this but because it has to do with choosing the right club, I thought Id ask it here. Do you guys play with the 1st transfer window budgets set at zero or play normally with budgets?

Might get a better response if you ask in GD (can't believe I'm suggesting anyone goes there!!) Personally it depends, with Spurs I always want a 1st window budget because I have defined ideas of what I want from the squad, with most other clubs I don't have one and try to play it out as the manager has it until January.

I'm thinking of a French save that isn't PSG. Lyon and Lille are both at the top of my list but also considering St Etienne and Rennes. Anyone got experience of any of those or even someone I've not mentioned and who can convince me which way to go. Thanks.

Why not try a Monaco save, i've sort of put starting a save with them off as i've gotten a little too attached than I first planned with my Anzhi save; i'll get round to it eventually!

Im considering St. Etienne actually and also Sampdoria or Hamburg. Any reason why those two?

St.Etienne because they are the definition of 'sleeping giant', having won Ligue 1 about 9 or 10 times through the 60s and 70s, but not since about 81 I think. They have a decent stadium, top training facilities and very good youth facilities. A few nice players, and Aubameyang. Basically a good challenge and they are doing well IRL.

Samp....well, they are a challenge. A big club in a small club syndrome. Not much money, but very good training and youth facilities. Haven't won the league in over 20 years, but most of all some some real talent. Palombo and Poli of course, and also Pedro(my favourite) and Icardi, although they both need slight upgrades imo. The squad needs some work though, but my 4-5-1 is perfect. Plus it's Serie A, which is my favourite league to manage in. My best saves(Napoli Fm11/Udinese Fm12) were there.

I love Samp. Been meaning to do a thread for it but haven't the time :/

As for HSV - Rafa VdV and Son Heung-Min are superstars.

I am looking at either

AC Milan

Inter

Juventus

Dortmund

I basically want a team, well known in Europe with an OK budget who I can turn into a top class side. I don't want to be Madrid or Barcelona though, was hoping if I went in Italy then the top 4 are of a similar standard? Same with Dortmund, Bayern will always be a threat?

Any thoughts?

I am with this guy, who on earth should I be!!!

Villarreal! Relegated last season, but managed to keep hold of a lot of top talent. Musacchio is a world class defender, Cani destroys in the Segunda, and then you've got solid squad players like Senna, Uche and at the end of the season De Guzman and Zapata. It's a good challenge to get them promoted to the Primera, there's very little money available for transfers, with a limited wage budget and not much for transfers, but I'm in my second season now and loving it, even managed to get 3 points at the Nou Camp in my last game out. Give it a go!

I am with this guy, who on earth should I be!!!

Juventus have the best squad in Serie A

Inter and Milan have huge debt issues

Dortmund is the best bet..

But if you want an Italian save, I'd go for Fiorentina (especially after the transfer update) Roma or Lazio who basically have no depth to their team and little youth prospects but have a good starting 11.

I'm back again lads after a bit of time off from FM and raring to get back into it!

As ever squad building and tactical flexibility will be key to my save. So:

Europe

Top Tier

Mid Table

Plus - Either a small squad and a good budget or a larger squad which could utilise a few formations. I'm thinking being able to switch between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 so I need traditional Wingers and inside forwards, box to box mids and defensive ones too.

Tricky, I know.

I'm back again lads after a bit of time off from FM and raring to get back into it!

As ever squad building and tactical flexibility will be key to my save. So:

Europe

Top Tier

Mid Table

Plus - Either a small squad and a good budget or a larger squad which could utilise a few formations. I'm thinking being able to switch between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 so I need traditional Wingers and inside forwards, box to box mids and defensive ones too.

Tricky, I know.

I'm looking at Vitesse, sugar daddy will put money in and I could make good money from Wilfried Bony. They are decent but not great, solid mid-table in a tight league. Would expectations get sky high very quickly though with the sugar daddy?

Archived