First Window Transfer Budget, On/Off

First Window Budget  

150 members have voted

1. 1. First Window Budget

• On
    • Off

Was wondering how many people play with it off? I always play with it off as I want to start out with the squads that started out IRL - though I will make one or two free signings if needed and admittedly it makes signing staff that much harder, but I prefer it as it limits the amount of crazy transfers going through in the first season, but what do you guys prefer?

On, don't see the point of turning it off, players already signed get taken into account in the transfer budget anyway so you don't get extra millions, and many clubs probably didn't spend their budget for whatever reason IRL, like Liverpool.

Also it's not like you start the game after the transfer window, you start in July in the window.

Same as Cyborgscouse. I have it on and am with Liverpool and don't get much money anyway. Also as i have never started with it off.....if it's off does that mean there are no transfers for all the clubs in the game during the first transfer window or just the users club?

always off.... hate it when I see that big clubs buy everyone in first transfer window... it is more realistic this way....
always off. i find that having it on unbalances the game, considering the likes of man city and chelsea will continue to buy loads of players, and the players they just bought in real life can struggle to get games.

Yeah these are my reasons, its not really to do with how much I have to spend, I just like to limit the amount of crazy transfers early on in the game as possible.

Same as Cyborgscouse. I have it on and am with Liverpool and don't get much money anyway. Also as i have never started with it off.....if it's off does that mean there are no transfers for all the clubs in the game during the first transfer window or just the users club?

for all clubs until January. They can still make free transfers

Off. Always off.

+1.

If On, it's just unrealistic and makes FM easier. And we know also the way AI buy players ...

All the teams must start with 0 transfers budget and what we see in database must be available in january.

I like to have it off but have had it on for fm13, mainly because i normally play as Liverpool and always get rid of most of the staff and hire new ones.

Did this but couldn't afford to replace all the staff i had got rid of with the first window budgets off.

• 3 months later...

On.

Unless you play as Barcelona, your squad can always be improved. Why gimp myself just because Dan Levy was too stupid to buy a striker?

And I know that it's a pain to see so many big teams buying players, but they nearly always buy the same ones anyway, so it doesn't make much of a difference to the gaming world.

On for me. The game becomes an alternate reality as soon as I take charge, I don't feel obliged to get the same results so I see no reason I should feel obliged to play all the same squad. Plus in real life a lot of the staff would leave with the previous manager, and it makes it a lot harder to sign quality staff without a budget

On. Inter only have a transfer budget of 2.5m pounds to start any way!

If I am managing a financially troubled squad like Inter, I use the transfer budget to invest, as much as to improve the squad. What I mean is, I view leaving that money sitting in the bank as bad financial management, esp. for a struggling club. If I can sign a player for 1m, pay him 250k/year for two years (in the youths, reserves, on loan, in the first team, whatever) and then sell him for 3 or 4m, I just pocketed mad cash. Doubled my investment in 2 years, which is a great return.

Of course there is the Italian tax bug to deal with, which doesn't help...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived