FM13 What team should I be!

Purefun

Nation: England

Tier: lower league

Expectations: not important

Budgets: not important

finances: not too indebted

Info: should have a good stadium

Rotherham have a brand new ground, Chesterfields is pretty new. Depends on how low you want really.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nation: Any of Europe's biggies.

Division: Second division or lower top division

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Lower midtable or relegation candidates for second division or relegation candidates for lower top division

Board Expectation(s): See above

Transfer Budget: N/A

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: N/A

Other: Would like a team that has a decent enough youth academy to bring in the current crop or future regens. Money isn't an issue, would like a couple of quid to strengthen but not too fussed.

Thanks in advance

Southampton have excellent youth set up and a cople of very good youth players there already.

Into my third season of a Blackpool and despite promotions and top five finishes i'm starting to get a little itchy feet. Looking to start up a new save - one side of the coin i'm looking at one of the European giants i.e. Valencia, A.Madrid, Inter or AC, the other, English conference level. i had an amazing save with Gateshead taking them all the way to the prem in five seasons and i'd love to recreate that. There aren't many threads on lower league clubs and i was just wondering what peoples experiences have been? Who are the big players and which clubs have the strongest set up. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

My Southampton save got erased, so I need something new.

Nation: England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy

Division: Top (Top half of the Championship/bottom half of the PL for England)

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Mid-table

Board Expectation(s): Mid-table

Transfer Budget: 6,000,000 (Sterling) or under

Wage Budget: Enough to maneuver.

Finances: Stable or above

Other: Needs a great youth setup. Looking to take a middle-of-the-road team up to the top of the world. I want to use as many HG players as possible.

My Southampton save got erased, so I need something new.

Nation: England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy

Division: Top (Top half of the Championship/bottom half of the PL for England)

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Mid-table

Board Expectation(s): Mid-table

Transfer Budget: 6,000,000 (Sterling) or under

Wage Budget: Enough to maneuver.

Finances: Stable or above

Other: Needs a great youth setup. Looking to take a middle-of-the-road team up to the top of the world. I want to use as many HG players as possible.

Southampton, Gladbach, maybe Sociedad in Spain.

Nation: Any

Division: Top

European Competition: Not a must have

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Anything

Transfer Budget: Loads

Wage Budget: Big enough to get a couple of big earners in

Finances: Rich

Other: Looking a fun save where i have a shed load of cash to play around with and am able to pretty much build a whole new team within a couple of seasons whilst keeping a core of 2-3 of the original squad. A top youth system is also a must have and a very patient chairman is needed.

Nation: Any

European Competition: Not a must have

Board Expectation(s): Anything

Transfer Budget: Loads

Wage Budget: Big enough to get a couple of big earners in

Finances: Rich

Other: Looking a fun save where i have a shed load of cash to play around with and am able to pretty much build a whole new team within a couple of seasons whilst keeping a core of 2-3 of the original squad. A top youth system is also a must have and a very patient chairman is needed.

There aren't really many teams in Europe with much money, either England or Germany are the richest leagues I think.

Eastern European team (not in Russia or Ukraine) with a nice amount of money to spend?

Are there any out there?

Legia Warsaw ? not sure about the money, bot for Polish conditions should be pretty well. at the beginning you play in EL, and have decent team, so you should win the polish league without any signings. Few good youngsters (Wolski, Zyro, Kucharczyk, Kosecki, Lukasik), and experienced players (Ljiuboja, Radovic, Kuciak, Zewlakow).

Nation: Clubs from the five big leagues

European Competition: Not necessary

Media Prediction: Middle of the table

Board Expectation(s): Same here, around middle.

Transfer Budget: Don't really care, but the more money the better.

Wage Budget: Same.

Finances: Just a club with good potential. Don't need to be a rich club.

Other: Since I wanna try out a 4-3-3 tactic, I would like a team that don't have to much wingers from the start. If they do, they shall be easy to sell off.

Nation: Continental Europe (preferred, but I'd go anywhere)

Division: Second or below, just not top tier

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: somewhere around mid-table. Don't want to be expected to go up, but also don't want to it to be a constant struggle to stay up.

Board Expectation(s): something like the above, finishing 12/20 hopefully shouldn't be bad enough to get me sacked

Transfer Budget: N/A

Wage Budget: not in the red to start out

Finances: not in the red to start out

Other:

-I don't like to dabble excessively in transfers, I have the types of careers where I can stay in one spot for 10-15 years and only bring in 8-10 players via outside transfer during that time.

-Am also ok with a career where I'm constantly staying around mid-table, I don't need promotion to feel like I'm being fulfilled in FM (spent 27 consecutive years in Ligue 2 on FM11 and was ok with that, though I had to re-make my manager once or twice after the sack).

-Would like some decent youth to start out with and have the capability of producing more as time goes on. Not worldbeaters, but guys who are decent for their level.

-Nice colors would be good too, lol. I almost always seem to have my longest saves with Havre in Ligue 2. They probably fit the profile of what I'm looking for here too, and while I wouldn't be devastated to have a go with them again I'd love to hear any other suggestions you have.

Nation: Scandinavian

Division: Top tier is fine

European Competition: If have, it's fine. If not, fine by me too.

Media Prediction: European competition

Board Expectation(s): Same as above

Transfer Budget: Not sure. A million Euros and below

Wage Budget: Positive

Finances: Positive

Other: I"m thinking real hard on Rosenborg, IFK Göteborg, Malmo & Brondby. Decent youth setup will be great as I like to throw in youths straight into the First XI immediately.

I'm looking for a team in the championship that I can crack on with tonight. I've always had good games in this league with all sorts of different teams. I'm not too bothered about money, just a team with a few good players, nice kit and potential. Had a game with Charlton this season already but accidentally got promoted and then ruined the save by going mad on free transfers so I wouldn't want to be them again.

Would consider lower league than this for good challenge. Cheers.

I've just finished a save with Blackpool - great step up, decent finances, able to attract good quality loans + orange kit! Ince and Philips are great first team players who make the step up well.

Promoted first season then 6th and 5th place EPL finishes followed. Managed to pick up Paloschi and Destro in second season and they destroyed the league.

Would like a recommendation for a new save.

Nation: Not sure.

Division: Top European.

European Competition: Preferably Champions League.

Media Prediction: Preferably not "1st", unless board expectations are flexible.

Board Expectation(s): Qualify for Champions League.

Transfer Budget: Money to spend.

Wage Budget: Likewise, enough space to make a couple of signings.

Finances: Rich preferably, or at least future-rich when run sensibly (if that makes sense?).

Other: Not Liverpool.

I've probably narrowed it down to a choice of zero teams, but I'm weak :o

I'd like a team in the Champions League at game start, I'd love to have a healthy transfer budget, a decent squad, some good youth prospects. Is all that even possible with sensible board expectations?

Would like a recommendation for a new save.

Division: Top European.

European Competition: Preferably Champions League.

Media Prediction: Preferably not "1st", unless board expectations are flexible.

Board Expectation(s): Qualify for Champions League.

Transfer Budget: Money to spend.

Wage Budget: Likewise, enough space to make a couple of signings.

Finances: Rich preferably, or at least future-rich when run sensibly (if that makes sense?).

Other: Not Liverpool.

I've probably narrowed it down to a choice of zero teams, but I'm weak :o

I'd like a team in the Champions League at game start, I'd love to have a healthy transfer budget, a decent squad, some good youth prospects. Is all that even possible with sensible board expectations?

Arsenal maybe? I'm not sure what you mean with the board expectations but I think there isn't overwhelming pressure to win the league first season and they have quite a bit of money to spend at the start.

Arsenal maybe? I'm not sure what you mean with the board expectations but I think there isn't overwhelming pressure to win the league first season and they have quite a bit of money to spend at the start.

That's pretty much what I meant regarding the board.

I was actually thinking of Arsenal myself but was hoping there was another similar club somewhere in Europe, hence starting this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339456-Would-you-manage-your-rival

Just can't bring myself to manage Spurs. Get too emotionally involved which clouds my judgement :D

Division: Nothing lower than the second division

European Competition: Europa league is a possibility but not a necessity.

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter as long as it isn't a title challenger

Board Expectation(s):doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter.

Finances: Doesn't matter

Other: need two teams as it is a joint save so they need to be reasonably even and in the same league. Secondly I am going to make the teams have sugar daddies so I sort of want a blank-ish canvas.

Also any recommendations on how to replicate a tycoon takeover is welcome

Nation: Top europe

Division: top

European Competition: doesn't matter

Media Prediction: not 1st

Board Expectation(s): same as above

Transfer Budget: doesn't matter much

Wage Budget: total below budget

Finances: stable/good

Other: want to be a team that is a bit of a fallen giant but still a top team capable of competing for the league, I also want a team with a couple of world class players, I was thinking Inter Milan, not as good as they were but still have top players like Sneijder!

Other: want to be a team that is a bit of a fallen giant but still a top team capable of competing for the league, I also want a team with a couple of world class players, I was thinking Inter Milan, not as good as they were but still have top players like Sneijder!

try Roma

Liverpool would seem to fit in with all of the criteria.

Someone in Germany, like Gladbach or Hamburg?

Liverpool would seem to fit in with all of the criteria.

NOOOO!!! I support Liverpool and my first save is always Liverpool, I got sacked in October :(

I don't like doing teams I support when I'm thinking of selling star players to get money to buy new players, I couldn't sell Gerrard/Suarez ect...

thanks for suggestion though :D

Nation: A nation in Europe that has more than two playable levels

Division: Lowest playable

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): Doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: Some

Wage Budget: Some spare

Finances: stable

Other: I'd like to be a team that has a squad which can challenge for promotion and plays in the lowest playable league of a country

NOOOO!!! I support Liverpool and my first save is always Liverpool, I got sacked in October :(

I don't like doing teams I support when I'm thinking of selling star players to get money to buy new players, I couldn't sell Gerrard/Suarez ect...

thanks for suggestion though :D

I have taken over Liverpool in a save languishing in relegation, enjoying it. I am thinking of starting a new Save with them. - Give them a bash.

Like to recommend a team called Hannover 96 for players who want to manage in the Bundesliga. They have a good core of German youngsters like Ron-Robert Zieler, Manuel Schmiedebach, Lars Stindl and Konstantin Rausch with some veterans like Karim Haggui, Szabolcs Huszti, Jan Schlaudraff and Sergio Pinto. Transfer budget around a million or so.

They have always overachieved in the league to finish in mid-table. Can you bring them to another level? :D

Hey guys I've got a bit of a different recommendation to make for people trying to find a team. I find it hard sometimes to get into various saves and to choose a team, so what I've started to do in FM 12 and now in FM 13 is to only takeover teams who have sacked their managers in real life. It makes the save a little more realistic and is a good alternative to just diving in with a team. There are a few good options to from ranging from the big clubs like Chelsea, Valencia and Schalke to some of the relegation battlers QPR, Espanyol, Genoa and Wolfsburg. Anyway just wanted to offer something different for anyone out there struggling to find a team.

Hey guys I've got a bit of a different recommendation to make for people trying to find a team. I find it hard sometimes to get into various saves and to choose a team, so what I've started to do in FM 12 and now in FM 13 is to only takeover teams who have sacked their managers in real life. It makes the save a little more realistic and is a good alternative to just diving in with a team. There are a few good options to from ranging from the big clubs like Chelsea, Valencia and Schalke to some of the relegation battlers QPR, Espanyol, Genoa and Wolfsburg. Anyway just wanted to offer something different for anyone out there struggling to find a team.

Nice Idea. Genoa is the toughest IMO.

For any players looking for an extremely tough challange

Try GFC Ajaccio

Ligue 2

Wage Budget - 50k

Transfer Budget - N/A

Media Prediction - 20th

Facilities - Minimal Youth Facilities and basic training facilities..... 3500 seater stadium.

Depth of team - Lots of improvements needed.

Recommended tactics - 4-3-3, 4-2-1-2-1, 4-1-2-1-2

Star Players - Bocognano (cb), Mandrichi (str)

Previous History - Back to back promotions from CFA & National over the past two years has made them a professional club in Ligue 2.

I would say to any prospective players the reason to play them is to truly test your abilities as a fm player. Once in Ligue 1.... don't expect much transfer money.... don't expect an increase in wage budget.

I should mention that a Long term save with this club is very achievable as they will accept a request for a new stadium. They will usually build an 18,000 seater.

Also the rivalry with Ac Ajaccio and SC Bastia in Ligue 1 could be interesting providing they stay up in Ligue 1 if you get/when you are promoted.

Hello kids,

Any suggestion for a team full of senators in urgent need of youth not to crumble? Think of Milan before this year.

In short I want good/great tutors and either some decent/good youth or enough cash to bring it in.

No need to be on the brink of collapse, a couple of seasons margin before the bulk of the players don't have it anymore is fine.

European football: whatever.

A team with lesser prospects and low-ish on cash could also be fine, as long as the board is fine with a downsizing from serious contender to also-ran - again, think of Milan (dunno if such thing is possible in FM though).

EDIT: any league, possibly a biggish one (ENG, SPA, ITA, FRA, GER, POR preferred)

Hi! I'm looking for a team from maybe championship with a good youth academy and players for the future!!!!

I'd really recommend Derby, I'm in my 4th season with them, 3rd in premier league and Will Hughes has developed into one of the best midfielders around.

Nation: Any, I'd rather it be out of the top 5 though so I can build the country rep

Division: Top division

European Competition: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Prefer a bit of money but not really bothered

Wage Budget: Same as transfer budget

Finances: Any

Other: I'm looking for a team with a good core of young players that can be developed as the club grows. I'm looking mostly at Belgium and Ukraine but am open to other countries.

Archived