Great players in FM that never made it irl

I was feeling a little nostalgic and thinking about FM's/Champs of the past going way back to cm italia in 93'.

Ive played every version since and got to thinking about players in the game that were awsome that never repeated it irl.

here is my top 3: tommy svindal larsen

tonton zola moukoko

kennedy bakicioglu

can anybody think of others??

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember which version it was exactly... Perhaps 99/00? Think it was the season after United won the treble. Anyway, there was an icelandic player who played for a team in Reykjavík. Andrey Sigborsson was his name, or something like that. Signed him for United and he went on to be literally the best player in the game with ridiculous attributes and goals per game. I'm talking like 60/70 goals a season. Signed him on pretty much every save after that, he'd go for Divison 1 teams I'm pretty sure too, and he'd only cost 250k or so. Never heard of him in real life!

Tó Madeira

that wasn't a real player that was a fictional player created by a researcher

I remember : Tote (Real Madrid, he scored every game for me), Todorov (Litex Lovech if I remember correctly?), Sherman Cardenas ( a colombian youngster), Martin Galvan ( Cruz Azul ) aaah and someone I couldn't stand in the game being rated so high PA 199 in my game a few years ago Bojan Krkic

Carlos Vela? Or is it too soon to include him yet?

Simon Davies

Julius Aghahowa

Dean Marney

Helder Postiga

List of average top flight players who became world class on CM03/04. Postiga based on his Tottenham days, apparently hes quite handy in Portugal.

Might have completely the wrong end of ths stick with this list though :D

Tonton Zola Moukoko! What a player he was! I think he was 14 when he started in the game, can't remember what version of CM that was.

Did anybody ever come across a player called Kurniawan, must be like CM 99/00 or around that time, he was awesome.

On Championship Manager 2007 I think, around that time, Craig Lindfield from Liverpool reserves was always a steal. Think he's playing lower league now in real life. Paul Anderson to some extent too, same game same amazing potential, he came out of it slightly better though and is playing in the championship now, I think at least

Oh, thought of a few more. In one version I'd always raid peterborough for some of their youngsters who ended up being some of the best in the world. I think one was called Gareth Jellyman? Others were Simon Davies and Matthew Etherington. There were probably a couple more. I think a couple of them made it into a decent club in real life but never were really world-beaters.

Oh, thought of a few more. In one version I'd always raid peterborough for some of their youngsters who ended up being some of the best in the world. I think one was called Gareth Jellyman? Others were Simon Davies and Matthew Etherington. There were probably a couple more. I think a couple of them made it into a decent club in real life but never were really world-beaters.

They had a great keeper for the level too, Mark Tyler I think.

Marquinhos(AMRC/FC) from Palmeiras was brilliant

Is he even in 12, I have looked but can't find him?

Anyway, for me it was Antoly Todorov, a striker who bagged me tons of goals, (did he actually even exist?)

The other two I always tried to get were Evandro Roncatto and Matthias Fernandez.

Most I recall have already been mentioned, but here are a few others I remember:

Isaac Okoronkwo

Daniel Braathen

Orri Freyr Óscarsson (spelling may be off)

Daniel Fredheim Holm

And for alle the Danes out there - Emil Debski!

Most I recall have already been mentioned, but here are a few others I remember:

Daniel Braathen

Orri Freyr Óscarsson (spelling may be off)

These are the two I came here to say, I think it's Óskarsson. Lethal playing either midfield or up front, but putting them both up front sometimes seemed like cheating :-(

Kim Kallstrom never made it IRL? Lol. He has 84 caps for Sweden (only 29) and he's playing regularly for one of the best teams in the world.

84 caps for Sweden? And?

Lyon one of the best teams in the world? No. Best team in France yes. Hardly saying something. How good is the French league? If he's that good why has he not moved to a TOP club in a TOP European league? Yes he's still a good player IRL. but hardly to the level CM/FM made him out to be when he cam onto the scene. Thats why I included him.