Great players in FM that never made it irl

I cannot believe that after all of these replies' date=' no one has mentioned this guy, the one and only

IBRAHIMA BAKAYOKO.

Used to cost about £10m to buy, but he was a beast of an AMC. I think Everton signed in IRL (possibly as a result of playing CM?). Anyway, he turned out to be a bit poo.[/quote']

Was scrolling down looking for this fella, 7.5m at start of every game - absolute steal!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fm09 or fm10 I signed pogrenyak or the pog for short from zenit and he was a goal monster, doesn't seem to be fulfilling his promise as in fm12 he is no where near as good and doesn't seem to be able to stay at a club for long.

Going back further into the mists of time, anyone remember Peter madden from brondby, used to always snap him up.

I remember mark Kerr being too good for Dundee united where he started, must have been fm 08 or something.

A belter was Phillip picken who I signed for my Chelsea side in like champ 00/01 or something, signed from united's reserves.

I remember mark Kerr being too good for Dundee united where he started, must have been fm 08 or something.

Waaaaaaay earlier than FM08. He was being mentioned in this sort of thread around then. CM03/04, maybe.

Eduardo Ratinho, anyone? Along with Rafinha (he is a good player tbf) he was one of the best young right backs in the game from about FM06-08. Doesn't even start in Brazil any more. See also: Kerlon, Lulinha.

As for Supat Rugratsamee (sp), he was accidentally put into the game when Pompey signed him as a young teenager. His age was decreased by one every year rather than removing him until he was old enough.

Waaaaaaay earlier than FM08. He was being mentioned in this sort of thread around then. CM03/04, maybe.

Eduardo Ratinho, anyone? Along with Rafinha (he is a good player tbf) he was one of the best young right backs in the game from about FM06-08. Doesn't even start in Brazil any more. See also: Kerlon, Lulinha.

As for Supat Rugratsamee (sp), he was accidentally put into the game when Pompey signed him as a young teenager. His age was decreased by one every year rather than removing him until he was old enough.

Eduardo Ratinho was a great fb

There was a Colombian in 01/02, Arizabal or something like that, he was awesome and would literally come to any side, I had him in the Premier at Newcastle banging them in, and the same at Rushden in Division 3 (as it was then.)

Don't think I ever heard anything of him in real life, and google only brings up a few CM pages.

EDIT: I've found him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%ADctor_Hugo_Aristiz%C3%A1bal

Oh, thought of a few more. In one version I'd always raid peterborough for some of their youngsters who ended up being some of the best in the world. I think one was called Gareth Jellyman? Others were Simon Davies and Matthew Etherington. There were probably a couple more. I think a couple of them made it into a decent club in real life but never were really world-beaters.

It would have been around the same time that there was another young English LB LWB playing in the lower leagues he would go on to be a great attacking full back. I can only remember that his first name started with a D and his surname with a K.

It's driving me mad can anyone help?

It would have been around the same time that there was another young English LB LWB playing in the lower leagues he would go on to be a great attacking full back. I can only remember that his first name started with a D and his surname with a K.

It's driving me mad can anyone help?

Dean Keates perhaps? I think he was a midfielder tho. I can't recall. It's been a decade. *gulps*

Oh, thought of a few more. In one version I'd always raid peterborough for some of their youngsters who ended up being some of the best in the world. I think one was called Gareth Jellyman? Others were Simon Davies and Matthew Etherington. There were probably a couple more. I think a couple of them made it into a decent club in real life but never were really world-beaters.

Remember thinking that season that somebody should have reigned the Peterborough researcher in a bit. They had a team full of young players with outrageous stats that would all become good Premier League starters. Helgi Danielsson, Simon Davies, Matthew Etherington, Adam Drury, Mark Tyler, Gareth Jelleyman, Matthew Gill, John O'Flynn, Simon Rusk, Tony Shields, Matthew Wicks, Tom Williams, Shane Tolley. The list is endless. All had Premier League stats despite being League One players.

Didn't even have to look that up, bought them so often I remember them all!

Depends on the definition but these were a few players DOMINANT on FM that were not in real life ( FM '05 onward);

Fred

Freddy Guarin

Dede

Eddie Johnson

Good times with these gentlemen.

spot on with all 4 dreghorn2. ad em all at various times and were all amazing on champ/fm but never repaeted irl. great example

Nicola Ventola and Steve McPhee would be a cracking partnership for me on cm01/02!

(slightly off topic there was a window of about 3 game days on cm01/02 where you could get Pirlo for about 3 million, and he would often go for 80million a bit later in the game!

Nicola Ventola and Steve McPhee would be a cracking partnership for me on cm01/02!

(slightly off topic there was a window of about 3 game days on cm01/02 where you could get Pirlo for about 3 million, and he would often go for 80million a bit later in the game!

80 million in 01/02? groundbreaking stuff!!

Mashaga Bakenga at Rosenborg is a great 55k buy and i bet he wont make it IRL...seems to fit the criteria. Young, Cheap to buy and scores for fun.

Dude... Bakenga is 19 and scored 12 goals in 26 apps (13 as starter) in his breakthrough season...

Sure in FM he has a bit of an unfair advantage due to the ME's emphasis on pace, but isn't it a bit too early to include him in this list, also considering his Negative PA can give different career paths to his FM alter ego?

Dean Ashton because of that dickey ankle cutting short his career. He could have easily made it in a major team on FM.

Branamir Kosstadinov (sp?) and Garra Dembele (maybe) Couple more I thought of.

The elusive Martin Knutsen from CM97/98...

No such player exists, and neither Morten Knutsen or Martin Knudsen were strikers and/or so insanely great... So I think we have here the perfect candidate... ;)

Then I'd go with Jody Morris, Ronnie Wallwork, Richard Wellens, Erik Nevland, Davide di Terlizzi, Arturo Lupoli, Paolo Vernazza, Nello Russo

how bout alex notman and mads timm from the utd team in 99?

also, ian armstrong, billy paynter (sp?) and another striker, who's name escapes me, (all from port vale) were all awesome in that game

that other striker was Steve McPhee , just seen his name in a post a few higher up

Can't have one of these threads without a mention to the lad from Northampton Town (CM01/02) who fell so far he doesn't even deserve having his name said on the board.

When the 2015 version of the thread is started I'm sure that Ravel Morrison will be in with a shout of getting a mention.

Can't remember which version it was exactly... Perhaps 99/00? Think it was the season after United won the treble. Anyway, there was an icelandic player who played for a team in Reykjavík. Andrey Sigborsson was his name, or something like that. Signed him for United and he went on to be literally the best player in the game with ridiculous attributes and goals per game. I'm talking like 60/70 goals a season. Signed him on pretty much every save after that, he'd go for Divison 1 teams I'm pretty sure too, and he'd only cost 250k or so. Never heard of him in real life!

Johann Thorhallson (Porhallson)? Or possibly Orri Freyr Oskarson?

For me it was Tim Janssen of PSV (or at least he was at the time). He scored over 70 goals for my Wrexham side in all competitions in one season. It was CM4 I think, the game before it became FM.

I would have to Goran Slavkoski(spelling?) an Inter youth player who was regarded as a younger version on Zlatan Ibrahimovic, if you tutored him with Zlatan or even if you didn't he would still bang them in, unfortunetly he didn't live up to the media hype and I cannot find this guy anywhere now.

Serge Makofo was an absolute legend for me and ended up playing for one of my local teams Halesowen, but now hes back in decent-ish level with Grimsby. Sunny the Nigerian DM. Sunday Oliseh was a beast on one of the CMs and you could always pick him up cheap. Seen some of my other legends mentioned in Mark Kerr, Bakayoko and Lionel Morgan. Memories.

Cherno Samba easily. The guy ended up as an England regular back in the day. Was really excited when Plymouth signed him in real life a few seasons ago as I had some good memories of him scoring between 20-35 goals in every season on my usual Argyle save... was a real disappointment. I knew he hand't lived up to his potential in any way, but I still thought that he'd be decent enough. He wasn't. Real shame.

Does anybody remember Nathan Jarman from FM 2006? He was a pretty good player to pick up in the English Lower Leagues and had the potential to be a pretty good Top Flight forward.

He scored today, (saw it on the Football League Show but for the life of me I can't remember who for)