OMG some news about the FM10 Demo!!!

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The really annoying thing is that when FM2010 is released there will be tonnes of threads asking 'When is the patch comming out' which is imo equally annoying.

If people are asking for a patch as soon as a game comes out, your anger should not be directed at the people asking for a patch but at the people who released a game in an unfinished state.

Back on topic, this is fantastic news. Steam is just about the only tolerable DRM system there is, and I'd like to point out (for the benefit of one of the earlier posters) that its stats collection (unlike FM's last year) is completely optional. In fact it is even more optional than FM2010's: Steam's is not 'opt out', it is 'opt in'. Any time Steam has a hardware survey going, it pops up and ASKS YOU whether you want to send your hardware stats to Valve or not.

Put simply, I can now put FM back on my 'might buy' list!

I would've thought the OMG and four exclamation marks made it obvious that it was a wind-up, but I guess that's just me.

There's 3 in my opinion.

And yeah, knew it was a wind up from the start. We won't know the date for a week, or two, or maybe 3? SI, tell us when we'll know some info about the demo please.

I can understand people wanting to play the demo just to see the new features e.t.c, but for me it spoils the first time you play the proper game for me, every knows that fm is the best management game, so wouldn't it be better just to wait for the release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as with most demos you just start getting into the game then bang 6 months is up and you have to wait anyway!!!!!!!

Two things...

Firstly; You sir, are a cocktease!

Secondly; When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? Are there any testing job openings right now I could apply for? ;-)

its not too much to ask for is it.A game without bugs.....lol

Yes. It is too much to ask. It will be as bug free as they can get it by that time, however a testing pool of a million players will always find bugs that a small testing pool of 20 testers in house will miss. Every piece of commercial software is released with bugs. There's no such thing as a flawless game, program, operating system or woman.

if you give people a date at least they will stop asking, sense really.OHHHHHHHH and can we please make sure there is not as many bugs as last year.... its not too much to ask for is it.A game without bugs.....lol

A game without bugs is impossible. I am sure that there will be a lot of bugs when FM 2010 comes out!!!

I can understand people wanting to play the demo just to see the new features e.t.c, but for me it spoils the first time you play the proper game for me, every knows that fm is the best management game, so wouldn't it be better just to wait for the release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as with most demos you just start getting into the game then bang 6 months is up and you have to wait anyway!!!!!!!

I agree with you here!!!

Two things...

Firstly; You sir, are a cocktease!

Secondly; When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? When's the demo due out? Are there any testing job openings right now I could apply for? ;-)

Well done sir, You have now made Miles Jacobson a very angry man.

With you killing yet more testers Miles has now lost his throne polisher, personal tea maker and his pot noodle expert.

Dam you ;)

Hopefully Matt has managed to concentrate all the demo queries in one thread.:thup:

I knew he'd do something useful if we let him hang around long enough:p

I appreciate this isn't as exciting as it must have been seeing the Titanic set sail, but I do try....;) From someone who's "been around" as long as you have, I'll take that as a compliment.

This topic is actually pretty annoying.

I respectfully disagree.

I would've thought the OMG and four exclamation marks made it obvious that it was a wind-up, but I guess that's just me.

Hey, I figured if KitKat can use OMG in official communications then SEGA should definitely get in on the act. I think its REALLY cool...;)

• SI Staff

I'm shocked, Matt, by your blantant pirating of my Twitter post from earlier in the week and taking all the credit for yourself.

Although an interesting twist there, particularly as all the fairies had already been killed by those asking about the demo on Twitter. Poor fairies.

The worst thing about all of this is that the more testers who die because of this, the longer the game and the demo will take to come out.....

Archived