Why I am Waiting for next year until I buy FM15.

Will you buy the game now or wait until patches?  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the game now or wait until patches?

• Wait??? U MAD? Preorderd!!
    • I will buy, I dont mind patches.
    • Not sure, will wait till reviews.
    • Im waiting for game to be fully patched b4 i buy.

First of all, I admit, Im addicted. I love FM. I love the thrill of taking on a new game, new changes, new adjustments and stuff that is constantly changing the game.

Ive been preordering the game since I dont even know when and been playing it since it was called Championship Manager.

The hours on steam tells the story. 1200 hours(thats 50 full days 24/7) on each game, even 1400 on FM2010.

But Im tired. Tired of getting a game that Needs patches to work properly. Tired of playing beta-games. Early Access.

Id rather see a FM version every second year with an update of database only instead, giving SI the time to make the game properly. But money talks.

I know that most fmgamers probably dont give a cracker about the game being just a bit broken, the urge for it is to strong, dont blame you.

I rather wait a few months this time, paying half the price for a game thats full. Not the other way around. Its better for my sanity as well, and for my love.

So, any other tired gamers out there? Do you got the patient to wait? :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shows a poor understanding of the development process. If they released a version every 2 years, there would still be bugs, guaranteed. The game has never been broken, but will ALWAYS have bugs. To expect otherwise will mean you'll always be disappointed.

I always wait for the final patch and January transfer update as I always play a long time save with Liverpool and don't like having to start up from the beginning each time there is an update. In the long run it is much about such. I bought FM14 in February/March this tear iirc and when the final version of FM15 comes out it will probably be feb/mar 2015. It probably works out cheaper this way too as the game only costs around £20 by then and in the meantime I will use the FM15 beta to get to grips with the new features

Voted "Not sure, will wait till reviews."

Not enough information coming from SI about this years release, 'if enough changes have been made to certain parts of the game' (<---- see what I did there mods? :p) then I will pick up the game later.

Having waited until after release I may wait until a sale comes along.

A few good games getting released around the same time, already have the new Borderlands game which I am enjoying and this weekend sees the new Civilization game release, plenty to keep me busy in my ever shortening down time.

Also, saying you'll listen to the "FM Community" on whether to buy seems ridiculous to me. This site is always going to be biased at least one way, but most likely have two extremely polar sides. Basiing your decision on that is never going to work, because I imagine the vast majority of people who buy FM will probably sit around the "just below average/average/just above average" mark.

Buy the demo, try it for yourself. Listening to people on here will only lead to disappointment.

Preordered. I should have learned from last year but I can't help it. I figure I'll keep my 14 save going and play around with 15, start a test save and wait for the patch. By then all the skins,wonderkids and tactics should be good to go.

I really don't understand why patching a game is a bad thing. No piece of software will be perfect at least SI put the effort in to try and update regularly unlike alot of other games that get put out there with absolutely no support. There are plenty of things about the game that irritate me, personally I felt the contracts and transfers last season were awful you could never get a fair value for your players and they wanted ridiculous contracts from you but would go to another club on the cheap regardless of how well you were doing in comparison. But at least SI try and fix it.

I think it's a good idea for a new release every two years with a data update in the other year.

It really, really isn't. It isn't a new idea. It just isn't well thought out and it is naive. Won't happen.

It really, really isn't. It isn't a new idea. It just isn't well thought out and it is naive. Won't happen.

Why is not good idea- can you explain? Every year we cant play untill february- game is full of bugs. This way we and SI will have much more time for everything. Of course i understand financial influence here and i know this is only idea but i cant see why is bad idea??? This way FM could be much better game- im agree to pay double cash for 2-years game- thats not problem :confused:

Why is not good idea- can you explain? Every year we cant play untill february- game is full of bugs. This way we and SI will have much more time for everything. Of course i understand financial influence here and i know this is only idea but i cant see why is bad idea??? This way FM could be much better game- im agree to pay double cash for 2-years game- thats not problem :confused:

The financial implications of not selling a game one year are the reasons it is not possible, And just because you would pay double doesn't mean others will. I know i wouldn't pay double, And a game that is 2 years out of date when you are still playing it sounds bad to me

It really needs explaining? SI won't develop the game for a year and then take another year to just iron out bugs. What's the point? There are still bugs in FM14. Have you not played FM14 at all because of them? Of course not.

If you're willing to pay double for only one year's worth of new features, that's also not good for us, is it? I also can't see many people doing that either.

We're better off getting a release every year. Regardless of when the release is, SI will have a 1, 2, 5 year plan for features. We'll still end up with the same game in 2 years, whether they release one next year or not. In fact, I'd argue we'll have a better game this way because the rarer bugs will get spotted and reported with examples and that can be fixed.

The game will always have bugs. It just will. All software has bugs. Even if the release is nearly perfect, we'll still get 3 major updates. SI is always working on the game and improving it. We're benefitting here!

Because then you'd just have a game with bugs every 2 years, instead of every year. It's nowhere near as simple as saying more time = less bugs. That shows a massive misunderstanding in how development works, and is incredibly simplistic.

Pre-ordered. There are no other games of this type that come even close to the FM series, and so i will always support this team so that they can always continue to improve and expand upon the series. If i am honest, the bugs can get annoying, but i don't think i know of a single game that i've bought on release in the last 5 years that hasn't had bugs on release.

I undersand your point but cant agree with you... f.e. we have same bugs in editor year by year- this is obviously because they dont have enough time for fix that. FM is game with largest database in game world-find one more game with release year by year. Every year in october we have game release but we cant play untill february-this is also because there is no enough time for testing. We all are testers for 3 months every year.

And of course i will play FM. Bugs are important. New features like menu on left side is not important. Graphic improvements also- here is PES and FIFA.

Of course we cant agree on this-i know that. But i can have opinion right??

just one thing- imagine next release on october 2016. 2 years for development, testing and bug fix. think about it ;)

I undersand your point but cant agree with you...

Doesn't really matter if you don't. In this case, it's an absolute fact. You will never have a piece of software without bugs. Never.

f.e. we have same bugs in editor year by year- this is obviously because they dont have enough time for fix that.

No, it's more accurately because they're working on more important things. The Editor will fall pretty far down the list of priorities to fix, hence bugs. That's pretty clear given how many and how severe some of them are.

FM is game with largest database in game world-find one more game with release year by year. Every year in october we have game release but we cant play untill february-this is also because there is no enough time for testing. We all are testers for 3 months every year.

This...doesn't even make sense. Last few versions, I've been perfectly capable of playing the game on day 1 of the beta. I have never had to wait until February. And your last part...well, I think it's pretty clear you have a choice not to be a "tester". If you dislike the imaginary policy, don't buy the game until this imaginary date. Like many others do. They could have years of testing prior to going to the public, and they would still have to rely on users because of the diversity of user setups. They can't catch everything in-house.

And of course i will play FM. Bugs are important. New features like menu on left side is not important. Graphic improvements also- here is PES and FIFA.

Yeah, you can have opinions, but they get blurred with fact. If they were to release FM16 next year and the changelist simply stated that they've fixed all the bugs for FM15, that would be marketing suicide. They both have to, and want to, move forward, which is exactly what they should be doing. Otherwise they're just packaging up a database update and charging 30 quid for the privilege.

just one thing- imagine next release on october 2016. 2 years for development, testing and bug fix. think about it ;)

Again, as I've said before, massively simplistic, and just plain wrong. I would even go as far as to say that if they did have this mythical and terrible 2 year gap between FM14 and FM16, then FM16 would be exactly the same game as if they released FM15 and 16 on a yearly cycle.

If you say so. I guess bugs forum is imaginary then. I cant believe :applause:

Really? :lol: What a bizarre statement.

Let's go take a trip to bug town, shall we? And let's pick the last updated bug in the crashes section - I mean, surely we'll find something game-breaking in there, right? And it would have to be game-breaking, because all of these bugs - according to you at least - completely stop you from playing the game for 3 months....

Got to say, I can't really find any. But then maybe the sarcastic clap has just completely thrown me off my game.

Bugs in fifa were always quite bad, for example the season freezing in career mode and you having to restart a career to play...woeful in my opinion, in comparison to bugs on football manager...well I barely even notice them. And when they do crop up its more of a case of 'oh well'...and continue playing.. The point being, the bugs found in football manager aren't really that bad to the point you can't play the game as it's supposed to played.. Not in my personal experience anyway.

I really don't see the OP's problem, nobody is going to hold a gun to your head to buy it either on the first day or 5 years from now! Do what you like, I don't share my agonising over whether to buy a nice bit of beef for lunch or to wolf down a plate of pasta :p so there's no problem in keeping this type of thing private!

I love the game, don't see any bugs at all really in FM14 and really like how it plays. I've never had a complaint about any of the games really. But I bought FM9, didn't bother with the next 2, bought 12 skipped 13 and bought 14 maybe 3 months ago, since when I've played it to death. I probably won't bother with 15 since I'm in the middle of an enjoyable save and, to be very frank, between working two jobs (which I love, luckily, and are in the general football world :) ) maintaining a flat, live-in girlfriend and a social life a new FM game would probably kick the fragile balance I've constructed crashing down around me!

It's a personal choice, do whatever you see fit but slipping in complaints seems a bit unfair.

I can have opinion on this right? Every time same story here. you cant write something they dont like even if you respect house rules. funny :thdn:

The salient point here is that if you have an opinion that is fundamentally flawed - as the one you've displayed here is - then you should fully expect it to at least be debated. What you should be doing now is countering the responses you've had with reasoned argument.

As opposed to throwing the toys out of the pram.

Just sayin'

Usually wait until after christmas to buy the game so people have the chance to buy me this for my birthday or for a christmas present.

I wonder how my life would have turned out had I done this and when no one bought me the game, which would have been the case and I would never had played the game ..... ever!

I am not even going over the top when I say my entire life would have played out very differently.

Man this subject could even make a could thread ...... "How my life would have played out without FM".

I'll be pre-ordering either today or tomorrow.

As soon as the beta is out, I'll be avoiding these forums like the plague just so that I can't accidentally find about any major issues (that I haven't discovered myself). Ignorance is bliss! :p

....As soon as the beta is out, I'll be avoiding these forums like the plague just so that I can't accidentally find about any major issues (that I haven't discovered myself). Ignorance is bliss! :p

Good shout. :)

As to OP, it's a game. It's the same every year. I don't get why it matters so much what other people want to do. It's personal choice and nobody is right or wrong on how and when or if they buy.

First of all, I admit, Im addicted. I love FM. I love the thrill of taking on a new game, new changes, new adjustments and stuff that is constantly changing the game.

Ive been preordering the game since I dont even know when and been playing it since it was called Championship Manager.

The hours on steam tells the story. 1200 hours(thats 50 full days 24/7) on each game, even 1400 on FM2010.

But Im tired. Tired of getting a game that Needs patches to work properly. Tired of playing beta-games. Early Access.

Id rather see a FM version every second year with an update of database only instead, giving SI the time to make the game properly. But money talks.

I know that most fmgamers probably dont give a cracker about the game being just a bit broken, the urge for it is to strong, dont blame you.

I rather wait a few months this time, paying half the price for a game thats full. Not the other way around. Its better for my sanity as well, and for my love.

So, any other tired gamers out there? Do you got the patient to wait? :)

Ok first things first.

SI do not make the choice to release the game every year. SEGA will be the ones who decide how often the game should be released and if they say it's a yearly release then SI simply have to do the best that they can to fit to the schedule that they are set by SEGA.

Secondly, every single game that is released has bugs. Unless it is so simple you can literally test every single possible event in the game there will always be certain scenarios which cause bugs which are not noticed during testing. If a company the size of EA can release Battlefield 4, one of the biggest FPS releases of the last few years, in a state which is damn near unplayable for a hell of a lot of people, then how do you expect a small company like SI to completely test a game as complicated as FM and find every single bug? Surely the fact that you have people running into previously unseen bugs six months after release should tell you that it's such a complicated game that things can be caused by such a specific list of events that it takes months for any one of the hundreds of thousands of players to encounter it.

Really, the game cannot be played until February? So the hundreds of thousands of people that buy the game upon release and play it constantly for the next six months must all be lying?

You also seem to be under the impression that SI decide to release the game every year. They don't. SEGA will be the ones making the decisions regarding how often the game is to be released, not SI.

Also, the number of people who stop buying FM because they don't like the fact that it can sometimes be ropey in it's initial state is very small, the number of sales that they would lose if they didn't release FM for one year would be massive. Financially it would be an absolute disaster and sure, they would have twice as long to develop the next game but chances are that due to the huge loss of income that would result from not releasing for a year they would have to do their development with a much smaller team, therefore having more time but getting no more work done.

I undersand your point but cant agree with you... f.e. we have same bugs in editor year by year- this is obviously because they dont have enough time for fix that. FM is game with largest database in game world-find one more game with release year by year. Every year in october we have game release but we cant play untill february-this is also because there is no enough time for testing. We all are testers for 3 months every year.

Have you ever actually done any programming? Fixing a bug isn't as simple as going "oh look, I've found a bug so I'll just fix that one". So many different systems are tied together that it is incredibly easy to run into a situation where fixing a bug causes an error somewhere else, and fixing that causes an error somewhere else, and so on and so on. You can get situations where a small bug is best left alone because it's a very minor thing but trying to fix it causes major problems elsewhere within the software.

Also do you think that SI are a big enough company to absorb the loss of income that would happen if they had no sales for a year? I don't, and I think if you asked anybody who worked for SI they would tell you that they're not. Not releasing for a year would likely result in them having to shrink the company, employ less staff, and so while they would have more time they would have less people to do the work.

Tell me, what was the last game you played that was completely bug free from day one?

What was the last game as complex as FM and developed by as small a team as FM and was completely bug free from day one?

I can have opinion on this right? Every time same story here. you cant write something they dont like even if you respect house rules. funny :thdn:

I guess you should have censure here. its easier

You're perfectly within your rights to have an opinion.

We are perfectly within our rights to disagree with that opinion and point out where you are mistaken in your beliefs.

Grow up and stop crying about it.

Well, I pre-ordered this year - again. Although given the choice, I would prefer a game every other year, and a database update in the years between - which - let's face it, they could still sell and make damn good money on.

The bugs debate really seems to get some people riled up - I have had very, very few bugs, but that's not to say they don't exist. More testing can reduce the number of bugs. It's just whether those testing can find the bugs, and report the details accurately.

But, as forameuss said, no software will be bug free - even after years of testing, there will be someone who comes in and says "I pressed these 19 keys together twice, then pressed up arrow and the game crashed" :confused:.

However, I digress - I gave up buying the game every year for two reasons:

1) I had barely managed to get 6-7 seasons of play - I don't have the time to play as frequently as some, and I really want to get past the existing players and see my youth players coming to the fore.

2) the game seems to get a proper overhaul in looks, features etc every other year - which makes updating more worthwhile.

Since I get the "odd" years, this is my year! Roll on 7th November :D

Am I the only one that remembers having to wait for a quarterly or half year magazine to come out with a floppy disk glued to it releasing a fix for a game?

I had to buy that magazine to get the updates. There was no internet, no immediate download and update. I even had to go outside into the world, get a bus to the shopping center. Queue for hours and then buy the game, if there was any copies left.

If the game didn't work then it didn't work, and you put into a drawer. If it did and needed to be fixed you had to keep an eye out for the magazines.

How easy we have it now, huh.

Am I the only one that remembers having to wait for a quarterly or half year magazine to come out with a floppy disk glued to it releasing a fix for a game?

I had to buy that magazine to get the updates. There was no internet, no immediate download and update. I even had to go outside into the world, get a bus to the shopping center. Queue for hours and then buy the game, if there was any copies left.

If the game didn't work then it didn't work, and you put into a drawer. If it did and needed to be fixed you had to keep an eye out for the magazines.

How easy we have it now, huh.

But of course with that ease comes the outrageous sense of entitlement that some seem to have. Swings and roundabouts.

Archived