Match 1 - Group A - Brazil VS Croatia 21:00 BST including the opening ceremony

Baptista_8

The start of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Brazil VS Croatia 12 June 21:00 BST

hXgLJji.gifZnwkxqf.gif

From Arena de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo

2063736_full-lnd.jpg

Referee: Yuichi Nishimura (Japan)

There have been only two previous meetings between Brazil and Croatia. The last coming during the group stages of the 2006 World Cup, Brazil winning 1-0 with a goal from Kaká.

Brazil: Julio Cesar; Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo; Paulinho, Luis Gustavo; Hulk, Oscar, Neymar; Fred

Croatia: Pletikosa; Vrsaljko, Corluka, Lovren, Srna; Modric, Rakitic; Perisic, Kovacic, Olic; Jelavic

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What time's the opening ceremony?

What channel is it on?

How do I block users?

This thread isn't only for UK viewers, the channel therefore isn't needed.

I did have the date in the thread title originally but lost it and forgot to put it back in :D

2 hours build up :D

I think I'll switch on at 8.55

Most of it is the opening ceremony surely? And 2 hours build up isn't a bad thing...well it is with Chiles and co.

Gonna miss the majority of the ceremony but will definitely watch the match :cool:

Most of it is the opening ceremony surely? And 2 hours build up isn't a bad thing...well it is with Chiles and co.

Gonna miss the majority of the ceremony but will definitely watch the match :cool:

People just like to moan.

It's the World Cup ffs, just sit back and enjoy it :cool:

Just ignore the opening ceremony, it will be just clichés and silly things anyway.
Feom my experience of Brazilians, it will just be 2 hours of somebody sourly telling us how bad Brazil are and how rubbish the hosting is.

Feom my experience of Brazilians, it will just be 2 hours of somebody sourly telling us how bad Brazil are and how rubbish the hosting is.

It won't be like that because it will be organized by FIFA and the government here, so they will pretend everything is perfect even though the other description is more accurate.

Yeah, I am going to avoid the whole build up thing I think and just tune in 5/10 minutes before the kick-off.

I generally cannot stand opening or closing ceremonies. No one really enjoys watching them. Fireworks don't excite me ... I'm a grown up and people dancing and forming various flags also doesn't do a lot :D

If Brazil lose, no doubt some fools will blame the referee as he was the referee when Brazil lost to Holland four years ago.

I think in this match many players will be warned. This referee likes to use the yellow and red cards.

Archived