Match 1 - Group A - Brazil VS Croatia 21:00 BST including the opening ceremony

Baptista_8

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No Willian :( Scolari can **** off with his Hulk obsession.

Willian will probably come from the bench at some point, especially if Oscar struggles like he did in the previous two games (Panama and Serbia).

we'll have Susan Boyle with Alex Salmond shouting "freedom" at the end probably, Proclaimers as well cause you can't not have them play 500 Miles at a Scottish event

Seems certain we'll get highland flings, saw some pictures the other day - Celtic Park pitch has been ripped up and replaced with a wooden floor :S

Brozović is a mix between those two, a classic box to box. But he's a below par player. English Championship level.
Why no Badelj?
Willian will probably come from the bench at some point, especially if Oscar struggles like he did in the previous two games (Panama and Serbia).
Hulk will always start. If Willian is going to take anyone's place it will and should be Oscar.
Willan's better than Hulk though. Practically every time Hulk plays for Brazil, he's gash.

The Olympics had massive corporate gaps on the first two days - they had to introduce a way of selling on the tickets after the first day so it didn't look so bad.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/london-2012-olympics-blog/2012/jul/31/london-2012-empty-vip-seats

and I got my £5 ticket for the Olympic marathon (for a standing area) upgraded to some of the corporate seats on the finish line because of this. :cool: Princess Beatrice sat in the same section. :cool:

Who do you think is the strongest team in the competition then?

Germany and Spain are better on paper, it doesn't mean they will win though.

But I was comparing this Brazil with previous Brazil squads, not with the 2014 World Cup teams.

Germany and Spain are better on paper, it doesn't mean they will win though.

But I was comparing this Brazil with previous Brazil squads, not with the 2014 World Cup teams.

Yeah I know, just curious what a Brazilian thought. Not rating Argentina?

Yeah I know, just curious what a Brazilian thought. Not rating Argentina?

I think Argentina are same level as Brazil but worse than Spain and Germany. My issue with Argentina is that they have a somewhat weak defense, and a good defense is more important than a good attack. So they might not fully benefit from having Agüero, Higuaín, Di María and Messi.

Sounds like he's still starting though.

Yes, he will start, it's nothing serious, but some people overreacted like if it was something to worry about.

Whats going on? :D

It's fairly common in (big) Brazilian sports events (not only football) for people to sing the anthem even after the music stops.

Archived