The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

Champions League Final

Valencia 2- R. Madrid 1

Alexis Sanchez 14, 90 +4 - Vagner Love 30

1 player from each team got a red card so it was really a fun match, Sanchez won it for us in the 94th minute when there was only supposed to be 2 minutes of added time! :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Copa del Rey Quarter Final Leg 1:

Atlético Madrid 1-1 Almería

Borja González (65), Regalón sent off (5) - Angel (84)

Don't really care about the cup so played with some subs, but the red card made us abandon all our plans. We will probably destroy them in the 2nd leg though.

Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg

Celtic 2-4 Manchester Utd

Two nil down after 9 minutes, Nani inspired the comeback with a brace of 25 yard rockets, Evra of all people then popped up at the back post to nod in Rafael's pinpoint cross and Mickey Owen wrapped it up in injury time.

Coca Cola Championship

Plymouth Argyle 1 Milton Keynes Dons 2

Carl Finnigan (64) Michael Turner (14,21)

Steven Mac Lean s/o (3)

This has to be one of the worst performances we put on this season tbh, Steven mac Lean got himself sent off when he should of tapped in an opener after elbowing Alton Thelwell 3 yards out from goal. It was the daftest red card ever.

Michael Turner's goals both came from corners but after the second Plymouth started to dominate.

A mixture of bad finishing and good goalkeeping gave uis three points at Home Park because Finnigan should of really got about 4 goals but luckily he couldnt hit a barn door.

Lucky 3 points keeps us in 11th, Plymouth look doomed with 14 points from 30 matches in 23rd.

• 2 weeks later...

Coca Cola Championship

Milton Keynes Dons 6 Preston North End 3

Jemal Johnson (8,84)..............Karl Hawley (61)

Tom Taiwo (16) ....................Gary McSheffrey (74)

Brian Howard (77,80)..............Gareth Williams (86)

Rory Fallon (90)

This game had everything except a sending off. Johnson opened the scoring for the Dons but on 12 minutes Chris Brown is stretchered off injured for Preston. Three minute later Tom Taiwo tapped in after a mistake by Youl Mawene. Then on 20 the stretcher is needed again because Billy Jones gets injured by Sedgwick's challenge. 28 minutes in and Alton Thelwell needs a stretcher and I run out of Fullbacks. Three injuries in the opening half hour.

Not much happened between the 28th and 61st minute but on 61 Karl Hawley rounded off a good Preston move to put them right back in the match and on 74 minutes with Preston starting to take control of the game Gary McSheffrey headed in an equaliser and it looked like we threw it all away.

I tweaked the team mentality to play almost All Out Attack and it worked straight from the kickoff when Brian Howard found himself in space to score. I put the mentality back to the usual mentality ater thinking that this was the winning goal, Brian Howard then struck again for 4-2 with 10 minutes to go. Four minutes later Jemal Johnson got his second of the game after finishing a one on one with the goalkeeper and Preston have now capitualted after all their hard work getting the equaliser they concede 3 goals in 7 minutes. Preston then scored straight from the kickoff, Gareth Williams firing in from about 20 yards. Karl Hawley then forced a good save from Rob Elliot as Preston started to play with more urgency but on 90 minutes, just as the three minutes of stoppage time was announced Rory Fallon scored the goal of the game as he hit a 25 yard curler past Preston keeper Nick Cook to seal an amazing 6-3 victory.

Taca de Portugal Semi Final

Porto 0-1 Sporting CP

A 106th minute extra time goal from the misfiring Helder Postiga seals our place in the final. I was especially pleased as i played a lot of youngsters and subs in the final as its tight in the league i rested key men.

Premier League Match 21 Season 2009-10

Man Utd 3-0 Tottenham

Nice comfortable result with United's young samba contingent of Fabio, Rafael, Anderson, Douglas Costa and Possebon tearing Spurs a new one from first whistle to last. Vidic powered in a back post header (not the corner exploit!) for the first, young maestro Costa drilled in Berba's precise cross for the 2nd and wing wizard Ben Arfa dinked a free kick into the top corner in injury time to round it off.

Blue Square South

Hampton and Richmond 1 Bishop's Stortford 5

Foster (9) ........................Gibbs (32,36,43,77)

Johnson miss pen (11).....Devaux (85)

First away goals at the third attempt, Foster scored a 20 yard lob and their penalty was more like a rugby conversion. After the very slow start, Gibbs scored a deflected opener and for his hattrick goal, Dobson's cross somehow managed to evade the whole H&R defence and Gibbs passed it into the net cant remember what his 4th goal was like and Devaux completed the rout with a header from a corner.

The year is 2022 and I've reached the UEFA-Cup for the first time (I was in the cup last season but went out in the 4th qualifying round, so that doesn't "count:p) with Barnet. I got rather easy competition in the qualifiers, and I won the group stage after securing a draw away vs the only real competition in the group, Werder Bremen. After some easy draws in the two Knockout rounds i got the worst possible opposition for the quarter final, Barcelona, and the media predicted that it would be an easy win for Barça...

And the the media seemed to get their predictions right with Barça leading 0-3 at Underhill after just 25 min. But after a little tweak on my tactics I managed to score twice before half time. The second ended despite a massive pressure from me goalless and I lost 2-3, not a good result to take with you to Nou Camp...

The second leg? Well, look for yourself:D

Uefa-cup semi finals leg 1,

Napoli vs Barnet

17min 1-0

29min 2-0

33min 3-0

39min 4-0

66min 4-1

86min 4-2

90+2 5-2

Uefa-cup semi finals leg 2,

Barnet vs Napoli

16min 1-0 (3-5)

16min 1-0 (3-5)

21min 2-0 (4-5)

45+3 Napoli missed pen

47min 3-0 (5-5):D

Real Madrid 0 - 2 Porto

3 - 1 win on aggregate, and absolutely delighted.

I dominated the first leg in the Estadio de Dragao and was lucky enough to go one up thanks to a great goal from Keirrison, but despite laying siege to their goal fro the majority of the match, Iker Casillas decided to ruin my day. Inevitably, one of their handful of attacks led to Fernando Gago striking from the edge of the area and putting them ahead on away goals.

I was decidedly worried going into the next leg in the Bernabeu, and for the first twenty minutes or so Real were looking stronger, with my narrow formation being challenged out wide by some very expensive wingers.

However, as the game progressed we slowly but surely began to fashion more chances and win more of the ball until we were dominating. Late on in the second half a cross exposed the Madrid defence, and a goal gave us a slender advantage. They attempted to steam ahead with a powerful 4-2-4 formation but for a last minute corner to give us a second (and deserved ;)) goal.

Champions League Final here we come. :D

In the 2013 Community Shield:

Manchester United 1 (Tevez 15')

Liverpool 2 (Xabi Alonso 42', Agüero 90+2'; Garay sent off 58')

Quite happy with that, considering we played the last half an hour with 10 men and it was still a fairly even game. United hit the bar with the very last kick of the game as well.

Blue Square South

Bishop's Stortford 6 Eastbounre Boro 2

Tom Devaux (8,20).............Damien Batt o.g (11)

Rory Prendergast (33).........Carl Martin (86)

Alex Henderson (35,80)

Carl Gibbs (54)

Nice way to end a 3 game losing run, I'm in 11th after 10 games on 17 points, not good, but, the good thing about this is I've played 4 out of about 6 tough games already, theres only Forest Green and Salisbury left who I think we are playig within the next 3 league games, so at the end of the season we should have a pretty nice run in. I could still get into the playoff semi-finals for a 3rd year in a row.

Eastbourne are 21st after the result.

FM 2008, 1st season (oh yippie another new game :-( hopefully it will last longer then 2 seasons this time b4 someting does wrong)

League Cup 1st Round, Coventry (Me) 1 - 1 Wycome Wanders

Coventry won 7-6 on penalties,

Im not looking forward to the rest of this season lost my first league, 2-0 against palace without hardly troubling the keeper and then this game, my team must of had 20-25 shots on Goal and blitzed extra time apart from the fact only 4 shots were on target, Its going tobe a long hard season :-( if it continues like this

Archived