The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AARGGHHH!

Shakhtar 1 - 0 Inter an injury time winner.

Was jousting with Porto for 1st place in the group and thought I'd need a win so didn't timewaste. We lost the goal (with a hint of offside), and it turned out a draw would have been enough to top the section :mad:

Ajax - Lyn 5-1 (Champions League group stage).

Gabri, Enoh (2), Vermaelen, Sno

Lyn is one mediocre Norwegian team that reached group stage in 2009/2010 season, but received heavy beating from me in Amsterdam. As other 2 teams in our group are Chelsea and Bayern, it's not going to look better for them in next games.

Woohoo!

Inter 3 - 1 Lyon

Ch Leag Qutr Fnl 2nd leg

Got beat 1-2 in the 1st leg, with their first 'goal' being an OG and the second coming in injury time - so I was a bit annoyed!

In the 2nd leg Robinho banged in 2 and made another for me, taking it to extra time at 2-1. Materazzi (36!! appearing because of squad injuries) put home the winner :cool:

EDIT: got Liverpool in the semi with Rafa going from a stable security status before the quarter final, to insecure after puting Man United out 4-3 with a 2-0 win; this game gets stranger and stranger!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers, Premier League, 28/11/2020

Knoll 14'

Chrisantus 16'

Mehmet Bayraktar pen 40'

Delfouneso 54'

Wolves have become a very tidy side, was pleased with this result, as I usually drop points against them, and I was playing a slightly weakened side, as I had just come back from playing Rubin Kazan away.

Sevilla 4:0 Saturn CL

Fazio scored hattrick :)

Just wait for the moody so-and-so to demand a transfer. He's ended up at Man City on my game, he had a shocker when I beat them in the League Cup final, so I got my revenge from all those years ago at Sevilla.

Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal

FA Cup Final, 2017

We conceded an early goal but formed some good counter attacks and created some decent openings. Having lost the previous year's final to Man United, I was keen to avoid a repeat of the narrow 1-0 defeat we suffered in this match, so I encouraged the players to push on after half time. We began to improve our posession of the ball, and the pressure we applied paid off when Delph's corner fell to Kana-Biyik on the edge of the box and he blasted home against his former club with nine minutes left to play.

They went on the attack immediately after our equaliser, and ended up throwing everyone forward as the match moved into stoppage time. When they scored a blatantly offside goal which went in off the post in the fourth added minute, it was crushing but inevitable. My team have a dreadful record against Arsenal and in many respects, I saw it coming.

UEFA Champions League Final

Saturday 25th May 2024

Venue: Lisbon Att: 50,466

Fulham 3 (Espada 44, Colton 44+1, Farkas 78) (Gutierrez s/o 68)

Wolfsburg 1 (Kramaric 64) (Breno s/o 77)

Won't mean anything to much of you, as all are newgens except Breno! But hey :)

2nd Champions League success with Fulham.

February 2011, First knockout round of the Champions League. I'm managing Celtic, and we're playing Liverpool at home on the first leg. My guys are playing well enough, deserving at least a draw, then with less than 10 minutes to go Torres goes and scores two screamers from outside the box for the only goals of the game. AAAAAAAAAARRGGHHHH!!!!

At least I can get some consolation from the board and fans just being delighted to get this far, but it felt like a kick in the nuts.

Archived