Football Manager 2020 - Out 19th November 2019

On 16/10/2019 at 15:58, kandersson said:

Google stadia itself will launch on november 19th. I'd imagine they have a deal with SI that FM 20 will be one of their launch titles (i.e. FM could not be released before google stadia) of course we don't know the terms of such deal though I'd imagine there would be benefits for SI. The decision of a simultaneous date had already been made at least since first announcement on this thread ''Football Manager 2020 (for PC, Mac and Stadia), Football Manager 2020 Touch (for PC, Mac, iOS and Android) and Football Manager 2020 Mobile (for iOS and Android) will all be released simultaneously (exact date TBC).'' (see first post dated august 27).

id say you are near enough spot on IMO.  Makes a lot of sense to release FM20 the same time as stadia, seeing as stadia was also one of the big announcements this year

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
53 minutes ago, USA Bhoy said:

Got a message regarding Steam not being supported in the new MacOS Catalina.  Any idea if FM20 will be 64 bit and supported on the new MacOS?

FM has been 64bit since FM17.

You need to re-download the 64bit version of the steam client (it is the old steam client that is 32bit)

3 hours ago, EdL said:

FM has been 64bit since FM17.

You need to re-download the 64bit version of the steam client (it is the old steam client that is 32bit)

How can you find out what version of Steam you are in?

5 hours ago, mibsweden said:

Interesting how Miles says on Twitter that the release date is on the 19th because they want to get some complicated features ready. Maybe, but it is probably because of Google Stadia.

Maybe Stadia is the complicated feature he talked about...? 

9 hours ago, Akasha said:

What do you expect from the ME ? most beautiful graphics ?

Since you're kind enough to ask I may as well take advantage and push some of the most realistic and unrealistic demands while you're still here:

* Better graphics than FIFA

* Every Player's face scanned in game

* Photogrammetry for added visual benefit

* Raytracing

* 4k 60 fps optimization on even Nvidia Riva Tuner

* AI Intelligence assisted dynamic animation creation just from text in the Match Engine

* Voice commands to be an alternative to clicking shouts

* Ability to rage quit and have the game saved in the same state to enjoy rage quitting again

38 minutes ago, Akasha said:

I ask you seriously and you answer as a kid....

It's rather unfortunate to react this way :( 

Since you seem to be asking a serious question I will respond but this is by no means a fully comprehensive list, but in FM16

when it snowed there would be snow on the pitch.

if it was raining the pitch becomes muddy and so does the players strip.

I have seen shirts outside of the shorts

there are puddles in the track around the pitch. 

There is rust on the roofs of older stadiums

The shadows change throughout the match as the sun moves

The lighting changed to reflect different times of the year

Les replica shirts in the crowd and more variety of spectator than now where every fan looks the same

As I said this is not a comprehensive list but none of the above was in FM18 or 19, we wait and see which if any are in FM20

2 hours ago, saiyaman said:

Since you're kind enough to ask I may as well take advantage and push some of the most realistic and unrealistic demands while you're still here:

* Better graphics than FIFA

* Every Player's face scanned in game

* Photogrammetry for added visual benefit

* Raytracing

* 4k 60 fps optimization on even Nvidia Riva Tuner

* AI Intelligence assisted dynamic animation creation just from text in the Match Engine

* Voice commands to be an alternative to clicking shouts

* Ability to rage quit and have the game saved in the same state to enjoy rage quitting again

:D

Reminds me of my 4 year olds Christmas list

A lot of people do say that if they ever won the lottery they'd buy their football club, I wonder if any would do the same for their favourite football management game?

8 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Thank You, but the point is that all this has been in the game before, Nothing is new

That's not true. The pitch effects are dynamic during the match. It's not just a simple texture anymore.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

That's not true. The pitch effects are dynamic during the match. It's not just a simple texture anymore.

But you have not seen the effects yet in FM20 .? Hopefully they are as good as they are saying otherwise it will be a disappointment

Just now, prot651 said:

But you have not seen the effects yet in FM20 .? Hopefully they are as good as they are saying otherwise it will be a disappointment

It doesn't matter if I've seen if or not. The point was that it's now dynamic. That is new.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

If you read what I said about my list was that it was In FM16 and not in FM18 or 19 and we await to see what will or won't be in FM20

16 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

If you read what I said about my list was that it was In FM16 and not in FM18 or 19 and we await to see what will or won't be in FM20

Dynamic pitches/pitch effects were in FM16? I highly doubt that. Pitch effects were there and dynamic through the course of a season, but not during a match. We're talking about the actual pitch here, not kits dynamically becoming muddy. Puddles forming during a match. Marks where there were slide tackles etc.

13 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Dynamic pitches/pitch effects were in FM16? I highly doubt that. Pitch effects were there and dynamic through the course of a season, but not during a match. We're talking about the actual pitch here, not kits dynamically becoming muddy. Puddles forming during a match. Marks where there were slide tackles etc.

You are getting bogged down with semantics here  I said that when there was heavy rain the pitch was muddy. This was not the case in FM18 or 19 as stated.  We mere mortals have not seen any footage from FM20 and are waiting to see what the graphical changes are.

1 hour ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

You are getting bogged down with semantics here  I said that when there was heavy rain the pitch was muddy. This was not the case in FM18 or 19 as stated.  We mere mortals have not seen any footage from FM20 and are waiting to see what the graphical changes are.

You saying "it's been in the game before" just quite simply isn't true though. The announcement mentioned dynamic pitch effects DURING a match. That is new.

18 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You saying "it's been in the game before" just quite simply isn't true though. The announcement mentioned dynamic pitch effects DURING a match. That is new.

I dont think I used the word dynamic in my list at all, and in any event the pitch was only one item from a list by no means comprenhisive which was in FM16 but removed for FM18 and 19.

56 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I dont think I used the word dynamic in my list at all, and in any event the pitch was only one item from a list by no means comprenhisive which was in FM16 but removed for FM18 and 19.

Think the point is also that things do get removed and returned in later additions whether they are improved or other wise 

41 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

It says that it will be on youtube later, what time.

They probably don't know yet, as it'll be after they've finished the Twitch stream, done any editing of the video they need to, and then uploaded it.

29 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

They probably don't know yet, as it'll be after they've finished the Twitch stream, done any editing of the video they need to, and then uploaded it.

I am an old man so I don't know much about Twitch is it possibe that someone could post it on these forums.

53 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I am an old man so I don't know much about Twitch is it possibe that someone could post it on these forums.

Thinking they don't care about this forum . Such a lack of information . I don't know this Twitch either nor have Twitter etc . Whats wrong with just posting it here as well . Very disappointed

You cant live stream on the forums and there arent much people here so your reach is lower. 

Twitch is just a live stream platform. 

They should have linked the actual channel, but maybe the PR guy forgot that. Didnt seem to even respond to people asking for that in the twitter thread. 

Edited by Double0Seven

5 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

You cant live stream on the forums and there arent much people here so your reach is lower. 

Twitch is just a live stream platform. 

They should have linked the actual channel, but maybe the PR guy forgot that. Didnt seem to even respond to people asking for that in the twitter thread. 

As I said I am a very old man .  You say that Twitch is a live stream platform, do you have to sign up to it or can it be accessed from the internet

Looking forward to the live stream tonight. I'm wondering if they're going to play matches and such or just show the game around and what's been worked on? I can't remember how they did last year. If they look at the Match Engine aswell it should give me an idea whether I am going to buy the game and play the beta or just wait until demo.

18 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

As I said I am a very old man .  You say that Twitch is a live stream platform, do you have to sign up to it or can it be accessed from the internet

Accessed from internet dont need to sign up for anything 

On 19/10/2019 at 09:04, Tony Wright 747 said:

The ME and graphics are two different things but both can be better than they are now

Well of course, but you'll find a majority of player use a laptop/notebook.

Nobody wants to see FM become something they have to fire up the big rig for.

Not everybody has a laptop with a dGPU, infact most laptops with a dGPU are incredibly expensive.

The game is very likely to always cater for minimum spec and as it's not FIFA, but a management simulation, this should always be the case.

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Armistice:

Looking forward to the live stream tonight. I'm wondering if they're going to play matches and such or just show the game around and what's been worked on? I can't remember how they did last year. If they look at the Match Engine aswell it should give me an idea whether I am going to buy the game and play the beta or just wait until demo.

would be suprised if we do not see the ME at the stream.

3 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

All you have to do is click the link to their twitch stream at the indicated time they are going Live, and you can watch it. Nothing else more than that. 

4 hours ago, prot651 said:

Thinking they don't care about this forum . Such a lack of information . I don't know this Twitch either nor have Twitter etc . Whats wrong with just posting it here as well . Very disappointed

It's going to be uploaded to You Tube afterwards. Surely you've heard of that? 

5 часов назад, Armistice сказал:

I can't remember how they did last year

It was presentation in Leverkusen as I remember. They showed interface, play few games and speak about new things