Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

51 minutes ago, Martin# said:

(I need to see patch 19.2 at least going in the right direction (especially for central play and striker movement), really hope feedback from live beta can make a difference here.)

Well I am on ME 1922 and it is still very bad. Ai plays uber defensively which in combination with zero movement and vision from attacking players makes games unbearable. They also toned down accuracy of headers and shooting in general which means......well, you get what I mean. 

I mean, they definitely didn't tone down shooting accuracy...

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Martin# said:

This seems like a goal from counter attack. It has been noted many times that scoring from counters is not the issue.

Sounds like you are asking for something out of Harry Potter... Seemingly little space, but magically play a through ball past a team parking the bus? 

If you are managing Burnley and parking the bus but teams just slice through you with magic through balls... Wouldn't that be worse? 

There is definitely a lot of over exaggerating as to how many through balls are played IRL, the situation from which they are played, the quality of the player providing them etc

Well, in a test-save i made, Barca win the League scoring 61 goals. The best at scoring was Atletico with 64. 

That's seems enough to me to said that are great problem with team that didn't play counter-attack.

In my current save i score more goals against bottom team if i play caoutios then if i play positive. 

And at now set attacker wider or narrow and tell 'stay wider' make no difference 'cause all the attacking player (i also try a wide playmaker on support) stay near in area.

I'm not complaint about results.

But why if i tell my CM to play risky direct pass they try (and made several mistake), but  my AM don't even try a trough ball?

I want my player made mistakes. I like more when they made mistakes following my set then when they scoring with corners. 

This is the edition where i feel more that i have to think how to win the game FM and not how to win football game.

4 hours ago, Rashidi said:

I can't agree with this, why should the game be made easier so that defending becomes harder to achieve? You constantly see how good sides struggle against teams that park the bus. That happens in real life, and not all good teams can break these sides down. Yes its hard to get that through pass working to perfection, but when it comes its so gratifying. So far it seems easier to do it when we are hitting teams on the break and much. much more harder when we are camping. If we are camping then the other side is back defending as well, so we need some really good movement to unlock the side. It's a tough line for SI to balance, and I rather they take their time to get it right.

Is it impossible to achieve right now? definitely not. Its hard but central movement by false nines bringing the ball out from deep to unlock sides is definitely doable. Will it be made easier in the future to generate more effective central attacking play. I have no doubt. For now I am going to enjoy how hard it is now, and appreciate the through passes I am generating now. 

>edit: And before someone asks for another example of a through pass, I will just pick one.

The irony isn't lost on me that a through ball in this game is worthy of a video called 'Great Moments'.

It's entirely possible to score a range of good goals on the counter.

I've played one season with Barça. Messi scored 6 goals in the domestic league in 33 appearances. Suarez 17 goals in 35 matches. Coutinho 2 goals in 28 matches. Dembele and Malcom, both 1 in ca. 15 non-complete matches. In turn, Lenglet, 8 in 30, Piqué 5 in 34, Umtiti and Pavard (signed) 3 in ca. 20 Matches.

In summary: central defenders scored 19 goals in a season vs. 27 goals scored by three of the best attackers of the world in one of the bests teams. Concerning the manager (me), I have more than 4000 hours devoted at FM including the 2015, 2016 and 2017 editions. I think I know how to set tactics properly.

It is evident to me that the ME is not well balanced. That said, I still enjoy playing it

Greetings to all

I actually can not believe , how a version which is unfinished will be released as a full 19.2 patch . The ME is far from being realistic ... Playing with low league teams , or even watching them play , having pass completions higher than 85% is just embarrassing . This is not right . But well ... to be honest i wasnt expecting smth else since people were moaning in the public beta thread , SI has decided to just released it , close the thread  and done. No comment ... its simply disappointing . This is my individual opinion , and i have played the public beta for at least 250 hours ..  fact is the me v1922 makes bad bad teams look like man city or barcelona . 

3 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

I actually can not believe , how a version which is unfinished will be released as a full 19.2 patch . The ME is far from being realistic ... Playing with low league teams , or even watching them play , having pass completions higher than 85% is just embarrassing . This is not right . But well ... to be honest i wasnt expecting smth else since people were moaning in the public beta thread , SI has decided to just released it , close the thread  and done. No comment ... its simply disappointing . This is my individual opinion , and i have played the public beta for at least 250 hours ..  fact is the me v1922 makes bad bad teams look like man city or barcelona . 

Have you tried the full 19.2 yet?

1 minute ago, haffaz77 said:

I too was hoping this delay between beta releases was a sign they were perfecting the current ME, or at the very least making key adjustments, before the final rollout. I made the last comment on the beta forum seeking clarification and they closed the  board and released the same unbalanced ME we've been playing for weeks as members of the beta. 

A little communication of, "we're releasing it as is to reach out to a wider audience, but are continuing to work on the issues every day" would've sufficed. I don't really know what to think of this experience with SI. I was trying to be positive and reassure myself and others that they're working hard, communicating, etc. I'm not sure it's coming across that way anymore though...I hope they further communicate what's going on with the ME considering most seem dissatisfied and they quickly released the testing version with no clarification on the matter.

• Administrators

If you have any issues with the latest version of the match engine, or anything else in-game please do take the time to raise them in our bugs forum where our team can investigate. 

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, cbcruz said:

Seeing as he's been playing the beta.... yes?

I've been playing the beta as well.  But I'm not 100% sure this release is the same as the last update on the public beta.  It has been several days since we got a release in the public beta.

Just now, Vali184 said:

it's not the same version as the one in public beta. the build ID is different....

@Vali184 Where is the build ID that you think they're different? Not being condescending, but I'm unsure where you're looking since beta players (including myself) have been playing 19.2 for probably a little over a week now? So maybe i'm looking in the wrong spot?

1 minute ago, KLT9888 said:

@Vali184 Where is the build ID that you think they're different? Not being condescending, but I'm unsure where you're looking since beta players (including myself) have been playing 19.2 for probably a little over a week now? So maybe i'm looking in the wrong spot?

public-beta 3365831  from yesterday beta's update.

public   3372826 

today's build ID. 

you can see all the info here https://steamdb.info/app/872790/depots/

@Vali184Actually, upon further clarification...the build id's are the same. It says a day ago the public beta was released as 3372826 and then again released today as regular update. 

I've been playing the 3372826 since they released it yesterday and although I didn't conduct any thorough analysis, it seems to be the same gameplay that came out with the initial ME adjustments. 

2 minutes ago, KLT9888 said:

@Vali184Actually, upon further clarification...the build id's are the same. It says a day ago the public beta was released as 3372826 and then again released today as regular update. 

I've been playing the 3372826 since they released it yesterday and although I didn't conduct any thorough analysis, it seems to be the same gameplay that came out with the initial ME adjustments. 

that's because they updated today everything to the latest build ID. believe me, yesterday was a public beta update and it had a different build ID than today.

public-beta 3365831 about 2 hours ago     ext-test 3372826 about 2 hours ago
they conducted a test shortly after the public beta went online. It's the same build ID as today's version.
Edited by Vali184

I have a feeling there will be a lot of complaints regarding the number of long distance goals scored (Human & AI), both in the run of play and FK's. I played all day yesterday with the latest build and around 75% of the goals conceded are outside or near the edge of the box. Apart from that, the changes from 19.1 to 19.2 are nice. Hopefully they will be able to nail down lack of central play in the future. And yes, hoof ball is pretty much gone imo.

Edited by rain94

16 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I can’t believe we’re still stuck with a ME that hasn’t addressed the issues with central play, through balls, amount of goals scored from corners, long range goals and striker movements. It’s a massive blow, for me the current ME is really broken and not enjoyable. I know it’s a subjective opinion but it’s how I feel. The issue with striker movement and lack of through balls must be very deep routed and difficult to fix, but this issue was obvious to see during the beta stages and it still hasn’t been fixed, not good. I’m not a very happy customer. SI are not going to please everyone and I understand that, I guess fm19 isn’t for me this year.

The worrying thing is that SI believe this to be the best ME ever released, yes in many respects the ME is amazing, but it’s completely broken in the attacking third, it’s painful to watch. Sorry SI I know you work hard etc but this current ME needs major rework in said areas.

At least I’ve got plenty of time to play other games now.....

Have you tried the new update?

16 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I can’t believe we’re still stuck with a ME that hasn’t addressed the issue with central play, through balls and striker movements. It’s a massive blow, for me the current ME is really broken and not enjoyable. I know it’s a subjective opinion but it’s how I feel. The issue with striker movement and lack of through balls must be very deep routed and difficult to fix, but this issue was obvious to see during the beta stages and it still hasn’t been fixed, not good. I’m not a very happy customer. SI are not going to please everyone and I understand that, I guess fm19 isn’t for me this year.

The worrying thing is that SI believe this to be the best ME ever released, yes in many respects the ME is amazing, but it’s completely broken in the attacking third, it’s painful to watch. Sorry SI I know you work hard etc but this current ME needs major rework in said areas.

Agreed... I regret buying the game. The other fixes are great, but the ME is still as horrendous as before. Parking the bus, no play throug the middle. No long range goals. 

21 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I can’t believe we’re still stuck with a ME that hasn’t addressed the issues with central play, through balls, amount of goals scored from corners, long range goals and striker movements. It’s a massive blow, for me the current ME is really broken and not enjoyable. I know it’s a subjective opinion but it’s how I feel. The issue with striker movement and lack of through balls must be very deep routed and difficult to fix, but this issue was obvious to see during the beta stages and it still hasn’t been fixed, not good. I’m not a very happy customer. SI are not going to please everyone and I understand that, I guess fm19 isn’t for me this year.

This..

Im winning games and i just not enjoy.. im sick of the fact that my BBM always score in long rage shots.. 

2 minutes ago, Siven said:

Well, played 4 games and still issues with lack of front movement and central play.

Seems we gotta wait till 19.3  for potential full release :(

Yeah, seems like it. I bought the game last month, and I'll have to wait until march to play the game... that is, IF they fix it by then. Such a shame. 

Again no fix for the Austria Vienna bug in today's update? It's not at the Changelist.

Are you serious? Gamebreaking bug but still not fixed. It doesn't looks like SI work.

Edit: Seems to be fixed. THX

Edited by The Basque

5 minutes ago, Siven said:

Well, played 4 games and still issues with lack of front movement and central play.

Seems we gotta wait till 19.3  for potential full release :(

Like every year.. but last year 18.3 not include any ME changes.. lets hope in march the ME will be good.

3 minutes ago, Mons said:

It is now possible to save files compressed :hammer:

any changes you've noticed? For example this bug that you can't see player position on squad screen is fixed?